Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum tonight 13:06 - Dec 2 with 12044 viewsHarbour

This is being shown on qpr you tube I am going my first FF tonight any advice on not making a dick of myself greatly received.
Fans Forum tonight on 02:08 - Dec 3 with 2157 viewsbob566

Haven't watched it. I think these things should only be open to QPR journalists eg Clive etc and fanzine writers etc. Open it to a floor of fans pinted up (not all) isn't a good thing. If you have a question put it to clive or whoever and let them ask it on your behalf if they think it warrants it
Fans Forum tonight on 02:12 - Dec 3 with 2152 viewsbob566

Weve a good squad at the moment. Home crowds not huge. Are we operating within our budget. Those types of questions. Not questions about toilets or beer choices
Fans Forum tonight on 03:26 - Dec 3 with 2048 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fans Forum tonight on 02:08 - Dec 3 by bob566

Haven't watched it. I think these things should only be open to QPR journalists eg Clive etc and fanzine writers etc. Open it to a floor of fans pinted up (not all) isn't a good thing. If you have a question put it to clive or whoever and let them ask it on your behalf if they think it warrants it

Terribly progressive - let's have a fans' forum without the fans! Sheesh!

I thought some/most of the speakers from the floor were passionate, articulate and well worth listening to, especially those from the 'Return the Loft to its past Glory' spokespersons, for all the limited impact they had.

Still getting over my shock that my own (probably too long) question to try to hold Hoos accountable for his failings in regard to maintaining - let alone improving - our stadium was selected. He gave what might seem to some a robust defence, but when you put it all together - the ongoing issues with the catering, the Ellerslie Road toilets, the ticketing fiascos, the floodlights that are actually brighter but somehow look darker, and the great big reported hole in the Loft roof, it's all mouth and no trousers to me. When he said at the end QPR will 'die' if we stay at Loftus Road, I think that tells us all about his lack of commitment to our home - it's also a pile of nonsense (Bournemouth held their own in the Prem for 6 years with an 11k stadium, and there's plenty more counter-argumentation where that came from) and the Council have yet to speak about how they might help us redevelop the ground, but I've been over these issues several times to try to help those people who just want to blow smoke up the guy's ass stop doing so. In short, if we end up staying at HQ for the foreseeable, we'll need a new CEO in my opinion.

Good to hear a lot of affirmation for the team's football and the accolades to MW, though Les didn't have much to say. The time given to the infiltration of the fanbase by these coked-up w*ankers was eye-opening, but, despite Head of Operations' Joshua Scott's professional-sounding contribution, mainly seemed to highlight the ineffectual derelictions of both stewards and police, home and away.

Agree that it all felt a bit oddly muted otherwise, consdering how high-flying we are right now.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 3:55]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Fans Forum tonight on 07:32 - Dec 3 with 1975 viewsdistortR

Fans Forum tonight on 20:45 - Dec 2 by NottsQPR

OK. At the MK Dons cup game before Warnock got sacked, a group of 3 blokes were swearing non stop at the players and some other fans. They were stood up all the time. I asked them to sit down as behind me was an older lady who could not see or stand up herself.

When I politely asked him to sit down, he turned round and told me in no uncertain terms that he and his mates would smash my f*cking speccy head in if I didn't shut up.

You bet your life I'm going to report vermin like that as I didn't want to go to a game for a few weeks after that.

I suggest you don't sit behind the dugout again.
Fans Forum tonight on 08:13 - Dec 3 with 1900 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can someone explain the invitation / application process to me? Or at least when the next one is?
Fans Forum tonight on 08:37 - Dec 3 with 1828 viewsstevec

Fans Forum tonight on 08:13 - Dec 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can someone explain the invitation / application process to me? Or at least when the next one is?

Me too.

I’m lobbying Lee Hoos about my ‘Knee pads for the 15000’ campaign (away fans can bring their own).
Fans Forum tonight on 08:47 - Dec 3 with 1821 viewsconnell10

Didnt i owner say we are staying at loftus rd? Then Hoo,s is saying the club will die if we stay here! Im confused, really missed messages there!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum tonight on 08:52 - Dec 3 with 1809 viewsHoopstar

It is interesting to hear about nobody texting the dedicated number for anonymous reporting.

My partner is trans and a huge sports fan - I'd been bringing them along to QPR games and had progressed to buying a shirt and their picking up QPR news before I did - so almost sold on full fandom. Two games in a row two years ago we had the misfortune of sitting in front of two drunk, angry men who spent the entire game using homophobic slurs against towards Todd Kane and other QPR players. Did not stop for the entirety of the game - and they had their kids with them.

Multiple people asked them to be quiet politely and stop with it - all met with abuse. Multiple people reported to stewards - nothing happened. Called, emailed the club with descriptions of the individuals and their seat numbers - no response.

Net result is my partner just doesn't feel comfortable going to watch QPR anymore as there's so much toxicity. It is just one example of what Hoos is talking about with being unable to retain people who visit. But the clubs statement doesn't add up with my own experience of reporting fans behavior that has a serious detrimental effect on the simple pleasure of attending QPR games.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum tonight on 09:11 - Dec 3 with 1765 viewswombat

Fans Forum tonight on 03:26 - Dec 3 by stainrods_elbow

I thought some/most of the speakers from the floor were passionate, articulate and well worth listening to, especially those from the 'Return the Loft to its past Glory' spokespersons, for all the limited impact they had.

Still getting over my shock that my own (probably too long) question to try to hold Hoos accountable for his failings in regard to maintaining - let alone improving - our stadium was selected. He gave what might seem to some a robust defence, but when you put it all together - the ongoing issues with the catering, the Ellerslie Road toilets, the ticketing fiascos, the floodlights that are actually brighter but somehow look darker, and the great big reported hole in the Loft roof, it's all mouth and no trousers to me. When he said at the end QPR will 'die' if we stay at Loftus Road, I think that tells us all about his lack of commitment to our home - it's also a pile of nonsense (Bournemouth held their own in the Prem for 6 years with an 11k stadium, and there's plenty more counter-argumentation where that came from) and the Council have yet to speak about how they might help us redevelop the ground, but I've been over these issues several times to try to help those people who just want to blow smoke up the guy's ass stop doing so. In short, if we end up staying at HQ for the foreseeable, we'll need a new CEO in my opinion.

Good to hear a lot of affirmation for the team's football and the accolades to MW, though Les didn't have much to say. The time given to the infiltration of the fanbase by these coked-up w*ankers was eye-opening, but, despite Head of Operations' Joshua Scott's professional-sounding contribution, mainly seemed to highlight the ineffectual derelictions of both stewards and police, home and away.

Agree that it all felt a bit oddly muted otherwise, consdering how high-flying we are right now.

the club isnt a going concern long term staying at LR , we dont generate close to enough money we need to progress even allowing for players being sold , we cant generate money off field either , how can he stick wjhat little money they have into improvments when he rightly stated they didnt even know know if fans would be allowed back in the ground for dog knows how long! esp when that money can be used elsewhere .

nothing worthwhile can be done to improve capacity at the ground , rail seating wont increase capacity , bmouth had a wealthy backer sticking shed loads of cash in each month hes now trying to exit the club asap something the present owners thankfully havent done yet

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans Forum tonight on 09:20 - Dec 3 with 1726 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans Forum tonight on 08:52 - Dec 3 by Hoopstar

It is interesting to hear about nobody texting the dedicated number for anonymous reporting.

My partner is trans and a huge sports fan - I'd been bringing them along to QPR games and had progressed to buying a shirt and their picking up QPR news before I did - so almost sold on full fandom. Two games in a row two years ago we had the misfortune of sitting in front of two drunk, angry men who spent the entire game using homophobic slurs against towards Todd Kane and other QPR players. Did not stop for the entirety of the game - and they had their kids with them.

Multiple people asked them to be quiet politely and stop with it - all met with abuse. Multiple people reported to stewards - nothing happened. Called, emailed the club with descriptions of the individuals and their seat numbers - no response.

Net result is my partner just doesn't feel comfortable going to watch QPR anymore as there's so much toxicity. It is just one example of what Hoos is talking about with being unable to retain people who visit. But the clubs statement doesn't add up with my own experience of reporting fans behavior that has a serious detrimental effect on the simple pleasure of attending QPR games.

That's sad to hear, Hoopstar.

Maybe today is the day to resend that email. They'll surely know who was sitting there?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans Forum tonight on 09:28 - Dec 3 with 1700 viewsBklynRanger

The highlight for me was when Paul had to defend his team over the reporting of the youth and ladies fixtures. That part was comparatively electric.

I think people should be limited to 2 comments or questions max, maybe even one. If you find yourself standing there wondering if you're hogging the microphone you probably are, however well intended the comments are.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 9:30]
Fans Forum tonight on 09:35 - Dec 3 with 1681 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Have Rainbow Rangers been contacted? Would imagine they would have something to say.

queensparkrangerslgbt@outlook.com
Fans Forum tonight on 09:49 - Dec 3 with 1644 viewsslmrstid

Call me a cynic but those posting on the internet bitterly complaining about "self appointed celebrity fans" are normally jealous that they themselves are not able to declare themself a "self appointed celebrity fan".

Good to read about the hooligan element coming up last night - I'm hating what I've seen so far this year. I've had more aggression directed toward me from fellow QPR "fans" over the years in away grounds than I ever have opposition fans. I'd happily have them all weeded out and booted out.

Self-appointed "scarfer" over here
Fans Forum tonight on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 1626 viewsRs_Holy

Fans Forum tonight on 09:28 - Dec 3 by BklynRanger

The highlight for me was when Paul had to defend his team over the reporting of the youth and ladies fixtures. That part was comparatively electric.

I think people should be limited to 2 comments or questions max, maybe even one. If you find yourself standing there wondering if you're hogging the microphone you probably are, however well intended the comments are.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 9:30]

the mood was lightened tho when said fan immediately went for a comfort break and PM said "I thought he was coming for me" ... made me laugh
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 12:08]
Fans Forum tonight on 09:58 - Dec 3 with 1609 viewsRBlock

Fans Forum tonight on 03:26 - Dec 3 by stainrods_elbow

You've answered your own question there; Bournemouth were in the Premier League, suckling on the golden teat. Prior to that, they were predominantly a League 1 team, spending only two seasons in the Championship. Without digging back through old articles and squad lists, I imagine their wage bill would have been commensurate.

Also, I sit in RBlock and the Ellerslie toilets have definitely been done up. They got rid of that big porcelain trough you used to piss in, and replaced it with a shiny metal trough to piss in. The catering is a shambles, but that was covered in depth. (I've also enjoyed the Shipyard Ale they've done in Ellerslie recently, despite the enormous queues for the one stall). The stadium is generally a bit decrepit and needs a face lift, but wanting a new CEO just because of this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater IMO.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 10:14]
Fans Forum tonight on 10:13 - Dec 3 with 1543 viewsPhildo

I used to be a school governor and the whole time I did it you were vaguely criticised by everyone for pretty much everything that you often had very little control over- this had the feel of that about it.

But the number one thing I would like addressed is the coked up morons. The old bill surely could and should do something about that.
Fans Forum tonight on 11:04 - Dec 3 with 1399 viewsBrianWilson

Did they mention the word "Brexit"? Everything related to staff shortages seemed to be pointing towards that but I don't think they used the word

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Fans Forum tonight on 11:05 - Dec 3 with 1395 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum tonight on 11:04 - Dec 3 by BrianWilson

Did they mention the word "Brexit"? Everything related to staff shortages seemed to be pointing towards that but I don't think they used the word

Thankfully no otherwise they'd still be there now
Fans Forum tonight on 11:08 - Dec 3 with 1386 viewsRBlock

Fans Forum tonight on 10:13 - Dec 3 by Phildo

I used to be a school governor and the whole time I did it you were vaguely criticised by everyone for pretty much everything that you often had very little control over- this had the feel of that about it.

But the number one thing I would like addressed is the coked up morons. The old bill surely could and should do something about that.

The cocaine thing is an issue with wider football, not just QPR, and is addressed in this Athletic article on the he subject - https://theathletic.co.uk/2973547/2021/11/24/special-report-the-flagrant-use-of-

The issue centres on resources. They can nick people acting like morons where their behaviour crosses the line into criminality, but to nick everybody with a bit of coke on them would be an incredible drain on police resources.
Fans Forum tonight on 11:10 - Dec 3 with 1377 viewsBrianWilson

haha...it did feel a bit like...."Whatever you do, don't say THAT word".

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Fans Forum tonight on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 1351 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans Forum tonight on 11:04 - Dec 3 by BrianWilson

yeah i thought that. Patently obvious that's where the problem has come from.

Bare bones.

Fans Forum tonight on 11:23 - Dec 3 with 1315 viewsthemodfather

could the club consider for some games giving the away side just the top tier and get qpr fans in lower school end? i am sure there are some games the away club will not need 2700 seats.
hopefully if we maintain a top 6 spot, home gates will strengthen ?
i have attended some of these forums and for some lack of hot water in a ceratin bog is their be all and end all! for others it is leg room, blah blah but to them it is important.
Fans Forum tonight on 11:34 - Dec 3 with 1270 viewsEsox_Lucius

Fans Forum tonight on 18:01 - Dec 2 by daveB

never understood all the interest in him. He's just an under 23 player that hasn't really worked out

Started off with a few appearances with the 1st team, almost no appearances with the U23's despite some U18's getting games, nothing in the B Team and has represented his country from U16- U19; what's not to be curious about that? Not even a loan spell somewhere.

The grass is always greener.

Fans Forum tonight on 11:44 - Dec 3 with 1226 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum tonight on 11:34 - Dec 3 by Esox_Lucius

Started off with a few appearances with the 1st team, almost no appearances with the U23's despite some U18's getting games, nothing in the B Team and has represented his country from U16- U19; what's not to be curious about that? Not even a loan spell somewhere.

Didn't he have an injury last season so couldn't play? i imagine they haven't been impressed otherwise he'd have been more involved
Fans Forum tonight on 12:19 - Dec 3 with 1135 viewsjoe90

Sorry to hear your story.

I went to the West Ham/Brighton match on Wednesday and that was unpleasant. Standard homophobic chanting and a needlessly aggressive atmosphere. Made Loftus Road feel very tame in comparison.

After the game I felt a bit drained from the experience and wondered if I'd become a bit 'soft' or 'sensitive'? Or perhaps if it was something to do with going back to football after a year away I had similar feeling after the Millwall game.

I think I'm just not interested in all the pointless aggression and abuse that people call 'banter' and 'atmosphere' . The problem is this behaviour is so ingrained in the culture of football that I don't think texting an anonymous number or calling someone out will solve the problem.

On the plus side we're third in the table!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024