Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum tonight 13:06 - Dec 2 with 12049 viewsHarbour

This is being shown on qpr you tube I am going my first FF tonight any advice on not making a dick of myself greatly received.
Fans Forum tonight on 12:55 - Dec 3 with 1750 viewsdublinr

Fans Forum tonight on 08:52 - Dec 3 by Hoopstar

It is interesting to hear about nobody texting the dedicated number for anonymous reporting.

My partner is trans and a huge sports fan - I'd been bringing them along to QPR games and had progressed to buying a shirt and their picking up QPR news before I did - so almost sold on full fandom. Two games in a row two years ago we had the misfortune of sitting in front of two drunk, angry men who spent the entire game using homophobic slurs against towards Todd Kane and other QPR players. Did not stop for the entirety of the game - and they had their kids with them.

Multiple people asked them to be quiet politely and stop with it - all met with abuse. Multiple people reported to stewards - nothing happened. Called, emailed the club with descriptions of the individuals and their seat numbers - no response.

Net result is my partner just doesn't feel comfortable going to watch QPR anymore as there's so much toxicity. It is just one example of what Hoos is talking about with being unable to retain people who visit. But the clubs statement doesn't add up with my own experience of reporting fans behavior that has a serious detrimental effect on the simple pleasure of attending QPR games.

That's disappointing to hear, hoopstar.

Dont give up, though. Brian and bazza's suggestions seem sensible. Write again. You don't want your partner to miss this lot. They're a real qpr team. Brilliant, shambolic, brilliantly shambolic, shambolically brilliant - and all in 95 minutes

Fans Forum tonight on 13:02 - Dec 3 with 1714 viewsLythamR

I think the lack of questions and discussion on the football side of things is maybe a reflection that supporters are generally fairly satisfied with the way things are progressing

i am sure if we were in a crap run of form and threatened with relegation there would have been more questions for for MW and LF

Many of the supporters who attend these forums dont particularly want to talk and may not be comfortable to speak, especially in the spotlight with a microphone

I thought it was telling that appeals for help identifying troublemakers seem to be met with little response.

The key takeway for me is that the rail seating if it happens has to be lower loft but there is no easy way of dealing with how to move the family stand, Hoos is between a Rock and a hard place on this one,
Fans Forum tonight on 13:23 - Dec 3 with 1605 viewsGloryHunter

Fans Forum tonight on 11:08 - Dec 3 by RBlock

The cocaine thing is an issue with wider football, not just QPR, and is addressed in this Athletic article on the he subject - https://theathletic.co.uk/2973547/2021/11/24/special-report-the-flagrant-use-of-

The issue centres on resources. They can nick people acting like morons where their behaviour crosses the line into criminality, but to nick everybody with a bit of coke on them would be an incredible drain on police resources.

That piece looks very interesting. Don't want to pay a month's subscription just to read it, though. Can you paste?
Fans Forum tonight on 13:28 - Dec 3 with 1576 viewsRBlock

Fans Forum tonight on 13:23 - Dec 3 by GloryHunter

That piece looks very interesting. Don't want to pay a month's subscription just to read it, though. Can you paste?

DM'd, because I didn't think others would appreciate a 3,000 word Athletic deep dive, clogging up the thread.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 14:41]
Fans Forum tonight on 14:31 - Dec 3 with 1406 viewsLanhoop

Fans Forum tonight on 13:02 - Dec 3 by LythamR

I think the lack of questions and discussion on the football side of things is maybe a reflection that supporters are generally fairly satisfied with the way things are progressing

i am sure if we were in a crap run of form and threatened with relegation there would have been more questions for for MW and LF

Many of the supporters who attend these forums dont particularly want to talk and may not be comfortable to speak, especially in the spotlight with a microphone

I thought it was telling that appeals for help identifying troublemakers seem to be met with little response.

The key takeway for me is that the rail seating if it happens has to be lower loft but there is no easy way of dealing with how to move the family stand, Hoos is between a Rock and a hard place on this one,

Said it before, will say it again. R Block for rail seating as most of that section stand anyway and it will impact others the least. If there' more interest it can be extended to the back half of S.
Fans Forum tonight on 14:35 - Dec 3 with 1401 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum tonight on 14:31 - Dec 3 by Lanhoop

Said it before, will say it again. R Block for rail seating as most of that section stand anyway and it will impact others the least. If there' more interest it can be extended to the back half of S.

That's what I think is the obvious solution too.
Fans Forum tonight on 14:40 - Dec 3 with 1390 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum tonight on 13:02 - Dec 3 by LythamR

The answer is to speak to the fans not find 6 random ones and see what they think just ask all of them.
I'd be asking every ST holder no matter where they sit in the stadium would they want to go to the lower loft and stand, that would give you an idea of numbers and also give you an idea of where those who want to move are currently sitting. It's daft to assume it's just the R block moving in why not find out. This can very easily be done via email, they have all of our details.

Once you have that information it should be easy to see are you gonna have near empty blocks elsewhere in the stadium where you could place a family stand as well as those in the lower loft who are unable to stand or who don't want to join an ultras style crew.

If it's Ellerslie then spend some money improving the concourse, make it easier to get food and drinks, improve the toilets etc. The Burger van and beer kiosk in the lower loft works really well, try and do something similar. Of course there is less space but it's not impossible to do this. If it's the upper loft maybe put new seating in, make it so you don't need a knee replacement if you spend the season up there. This would reduce capacity of course but you might have a better chance of people coming back. Problem with all that of course is that it takes money to do this but if you are going to spend on changing the lower loft why should every other stand be ignored.
Fans Forum tonight on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 1382 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum tonight on 14:31 - Dec 3 by Lanhoop

Thats not what they want though, it was clear last night this is about fans campaigning to get rid of the family stand and create an ultras style fanbase behind the goals like at Palace full up with flags etc. The rail seating is just an opening to do this
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 14:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum tonight on 15:32 - Dec 3 with 1301 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans Forum tonight on 08:47 - Dec 3 by connell10

Didnt i owner say we are staying at loftus rd? Then Hoo,s is saying the club will die if we stay here! Im confused, really missed messages there!

Good point, Connell.

Very odd.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans Forum tonight on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 1287 views08olesen

I thought large parts of it were embarrassing as well. The bloke who complained about typos in the u23 team sheet......we are f**ing 3rd in the table and playing champagne football!

I go into the bathrooms in Ellerslie road for 2 mins pre match and 2 mins post match. Do we really need to have the analysis of the wall tiles every fans forum...Its a stadium bathroom!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Fans Forum tonight on 15:52 - Dec 3 with 1259 viewsJuzzie

Maybe it's 'cos I'm getting older but it feels to me people are just utter lemons these days. Is it down to the social media world we now live in 'cos I'm sure it wasn't this bad 20 years ago.
Fans Forum tonight on 16:14 - Dec 3 with 1208 viewsDieByYourSide

Bloke at the end moaning to Lee Hoos that QPR don't have an anthem like Blowing Bubbles at West Ham...what the f*ck do you want him to do about that?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Fans Forum tonight on 16:20 - Dec 3 with 1183 viewsdmm

Fans Forum tonight on 16:14 - Dec 3 by DieByYourSide

Bloke at the end moaning to Lee Hoos that QPR don't have an anthem like Blowing Bubbles at West Ham...what the f*ck do you want him to do about that?

Fans Forum tonight on 16:24 - Dec 3 with 1154 viewsMaggsinho

He should kit himself out as a one man band and play the Steptoe theme tune in the centre circle before every game.
Fans Forum tonight on 16:28 - Dec 3 with 1132 viewsBrianWilson

Hoos needs to write a f###ckin anthem for the club...get the guitar out Hoos FFS.....so lazy.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Fans Forum tonight on 16:29 - Dec 3 with 1124 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum tonight on 16:28 - Dec 3 by BrianWilson

Hoos needs to write a f###ckin anthem for the club...get the guitar out Hoos FFS.....so lazy.

Could Lee Hoos comment on his own song writing performance?
Fans Forum tonight on 16:35 - Dec 3 with 1096 viewsgazza1

This is a reason why we need to move stadiums.....

Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich - Premier League - THIS WEEKEND !
Sunday 5th December 2021
2.00pm Kick Off
6 East Lower Travel Club Packages - Blocks 002-003
£109.00 per person

Arsenal v Sunderland at The Emirates Stadium - Carabao Cup Quarter Final Tuesday 21st December 2021 7.45pm Kick Off
6 Club Level Packages
£85.00 per person
NB/ All the tickets in the packages above will be e-tickets and STRICTLY for supporters of the HOME team only.

These clubs have 100's if not 1000's of these type of deals!!!!

Not that I keen on moving but we need to do it.....new 'pizz holes' too!!!! with no fXcking leeks!!!!
Fans Forum tonight on 16:54 - Dec 3 with 1033 viewsWatfordR

Fans Forum tonight on 15:32 - Dec 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Good point, Connell.

Very odd.

Spike to Ruben about it at the Bond presentation.

His point is that the local council simply aren't playing ball and he can't see a situation where we'll be moving any time soon.

But I think that whilst he'd like to make LR "better" in the meantime, for all the reasons LH talks about makes that difficult.

My own opinion is that the owners would very much want to keep the club in London - one of the "selling points" that LH talked about at that presentation was the "London factor" as an added attraction when negotiating with players.
Fans Forum tonight on 17:01 - Dec 3 with 1006 viewsHarbour

The best part of the night was listening to Mark and Les on the football side. They both come across very well. The discussion on the standing section with Lee went on to long and it came across as the club currently have no idea how to take this forward. Moving the family stand to another part of the ground is big problem involving moving large number of people out. I sit in upper loft so does not affect me. Not sure how this problem will be resolved but having a survey and not making a decision or changes on want the fans vote for will not go down well. Making R and S block safe standing may be the only viable option. I waited to the end for the raffle the guy sitting next to me won the signed shirt the lady sitting the other side of me won the signed ball so that went well!
Fans Forum tonight on 17:41 - Dec 3 with 924 viewsDTIG

Fans Forum tonight on 14:40 - Dec 3 by daveB

The answer is to speak to the fans not find 6 random ones and see what they think just ask all of them.
I'd be asking every ST holder no matter where they sit in the stadium would they want to go to the lower loft and stand, that would give you an idea of numbers and also give you an idea of where those who want to move are currently sitting. It's daft to assume it's just the R block moving in why not find out. This can very easily be done via email, they have all of our details.

Once you have that information it should be easy to see are you gonna have near empty blocks elsewhere in the stadium where you could place a family stand as well as those in the lower loft who are unable to stand or who don't want to join an ultras style crew.

If it's Ellerslie then spend some money improving the concourse, make it easier to get food and drinks, improve the toilets etc. The Burger van and beer kiosk in the lower loft works really well, try and do something similar. Of course there is less space but it's not impossible to do this. If it's the upper loft maybe put new seating in, make it so you don't need a knee replacement if you spend the season up there. This would reduce capacity of course but you might have a better chance of people coming back. Problem with all that of course is that it takes money to do this but if you are going to spend on changing the lower loft why should every other stand be ignored.

Totally agree. Ask people from all areas. I'm sure the answer would weigh in the favour of returning the loft to being the place to go.

I stood there before seating, I sat there before it was turned into a family stand (and remember being TOLD not consulted about an imminent change to a family stand).

As someone said last night, it's embarrassing to see so many empty seats behind the goal.

Why has nobody mentioned the East/West Paddock as an option for family area? The kids get to see the players warming up...there's probably enough seats to accommodate the kids and families who don't want to stay in the lower loft.

If the club asks half a dozen season ticket holders in the family stand if they want to change of course they'll say no! It's a nonsense. Do what's best for the club and for the team. If the families are passionate enough to want to still come, they'll still come no matter where they sit.

Chuck in some rail seating in the lower loft (1500 seats at £80 per seat, £120k), get someone to paint a few tigers and cats in the East paddock...job done.
Fans Forum tonight on 17:45 - Dec 3 with 900 viewsMick_S

Fans Forum tonight on 16:24 - Dec 3 by Maggsinho

He should kit himself out as a one man band and play the Steptoe theme tune in the centre circle before every game.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XNPaaiDtc4QnAvr5A

Come on Lee, we need more, more.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fans Forum tonight on 17:49 - Dec 3 with 877 viewsnix

Hoopstar I hope your partner comes back again. I must admit I haven't heard any homophobic abuse where I sit, either in SAR C block or the Paddocks but I can imagine you get some bigoted people and it's a shame it happened right next to you. If you ever heard anything like that again, please let us know here as if we all tweeted/emailed the club they might have to take it seriously.
Fans Forum tonight on 17:51 - Dec 3 with 872 viewsA40Bosh

Fans Forum tonight on 14:42 - Dec 3 by daveB

Thats not what they want though, it was clear last night this is about fans campaigning to get rid of the family stand and create an ultras style fanbase behind the goals like at Palace full up with flags etc. The rail seating is just an opening to do this
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 14:42]

But if these LR Ultras end up being the same lot who have been causing the carnage at the Luton game and away at Peterborough that Hoos said last night he wants to get arrested and kicked out of the club then the only difference is that there will be plenty of rail seats empty behind the goal instead

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Fans Forum tonight on 17:56 - Dec 3 with 855 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum tonight on 17:41 - Dec 3 by DTIG

Totally agree. Ask people from all areas. I'm sure the answer would weigh in the favour of returning the loft to being the place to go.

I stood there before seating, I sat there before it was turned into a family stand (and remember being TOLD not consulted about an imminent change to a family stand).

As someone said last night, it's embarrassing to see so many empty seats behind the goal.

Why has nobody mentioned the East/West Paddock as an option for family area? The kids get to see the players warming up...there's probably enough seats to accommodate the kids and families who don't want to stay in the lower loft.

If the club asks half a dozen season ticket holders in the family stand if they want to change of course they'll say no! It's a nonsense. Do what's best for the club and for the team. If the families are passionate enough to want to still come, they'll still come no matter where they sit.

Chuck in some rail seating in the lower loft (1500 seats at £80 per seat, £120k), get someone to paint a few tigers and cats in the East paddock...job done.

The big issue they've had with the family stand and why you have those empty seats remains how they sell the tickets which changed in 2013 and has never been changed back. The lower loft actually changed to a family stand in 2008 so the Warnock promotion year, those prem games with the Chelsea atmosphere was all a family stand.

They could fix the empty seats overnight by allowing any member to buy tickets in the stand rather than having to buy a childs ticket with every purchase and providing a birth certificate to prove the kid is real. Put a disclaimer on the ticket to ask people to not be arseholes and respect those around them, it would be fine. That's pretty much what happened in the cup games this season and it worked fine. The system we currently use is absolutely mad.

Problem with the Paddock would be having to move all season ticket holders out of the paddock to accommodate this which I imagine wouldn't go down well
Fans Forum tonight on 18:07 - Dec 3 with 819 viewsA40Bosh

Fans Forum tonight on 17:56 - Dec 3 by daveB

The big issue they've had with the family stand and why you have those empty seats remains how they sell the tickets which changed in 2013 and has never been changed back. The lower loft actually changed to a family stand in 2008 so the Warnock promotion year, those prem games with the Chelsea atmosphere was all a family stand.

They could fix the empty seats overnight by allowing any member to buy tickets in the stand rather than having to buy a childs ticket with every purchase and providing a birth certificate to prove the kid is real. Put a disclaimer on the ticket to ask people to not be arseholes and respect those around them, it would be fine. That's pretty much what happened in the cup games this season and it worked fine. The system we currently use is absolutely mad.

Problem with the Paddock would be having to move all season ticket holders out of the paddock to accommodate this which I imagine wouldn't go down well

Hoos also said i think that it was not just moving the family stand people to the Paddocks that was the problem, it would be the access to the facilities they have behind the stand for the kids zone - and also the fact that there is no cover over the paddocks was not going to go down well with families getting soaked

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024