Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adomah to pair up with Willock 13:20 - Jan 13 with 4604 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Lineups for WBA game, with Chair went for AFCON, Willock - the obvious creative front man, his recent performances should have been observed by all the Championship teams, will be the first target to be closely marked by WBA when formulating their game plans.

While Adomah is a natural attacking player. He is experienced, skilful, still has pace, good at both attacking half breaking up defences, is the best partner for Willock before any No. 10 type new incoming signings or the return of Chair.

Then Moses to play RWB, his designated position.

Wallace LWB
3 CBs
Field and Dozzel in the midfield
Dykes the striker
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 13:44]
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 13:25 - Jan 13 with 3505 viewsNorthernr

It'll be a really interesting selection this weekend.
I think he'll go two up with Willock off again, and Adomah will either be RWB or not at all, but we'll see. He went a bit weird for West Brom away and it didn't particularly work for me.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 3366 viewswombat

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 13:25 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I think he'll go two up with Willock off again, and Adomah will either be RWB or not at all, but we'll see. He went a bit weird for West Brom away and it didn't particularly work for me.

just dont start grey is my hope , dykes willock and maybe little george thomas with him for the extra legs in midfield

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:02 - Jan 13 with 3271 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 13:48 - Jan 13 by wombat

just dont start grey is my hope , dykes willock and maybe little george thomas with him for the extra legs in midfield

I thought Grey was starting to link up well with Uncs and Willock at Birmingham, helped no doubt by them being atrocious. I expect he will start with Dykes up top on his own though.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:17 - Jan 13 with 3190 viewsEalingHoop81

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 13:25 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I can’t really recall us playing 2 up front and it particularly working. We obviously need to go with our strongest team for this one and I’d want to ensure we win the midfield battle. Field and Austin will have points to prove so I’d stick with our usual formation and have Field with Dozell in CM and SJ in the Chair role with Willock just off of Dykes or Austin….
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 14:18]
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:24 - Jan 13 with 3162 viewsBklynRanger

I do like the sound of that but would leave Albert where he is and play Amos further forward. In the Chair sort of area but a bit of a different role - closing down early, passing it to Willers and co, getting off the odd shot, that kind of thing. He did have that great game in (I think) a similar advanced position just before the injury. Only one game I know but against teams like this I think it could make sense.

Dykes ahead of that seems a definite - agreed, with Stef and one of Field or Dozzell in the middle.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:43 - Jan 13 with 3095 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought we played quite well at there place but I might have underestimated how poor they were.

If Mowatt is definitely out (?) Id try to pass them to death with;

Marshall
Dickie Dunne Barbet
Adomah Field Dozzell Wallace
Johansen Willock
Dykes

Triangles galore but I suspect the team will look nothing like that and Warburton will start with Amos.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:52 - Jan 13 with 3056 viewsdmm

I really don't think we will get the best out of Albert unless he plays RWB/RW. He is a wide man who has only ever played a handful of games elsewhere.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:55 - Jan 13 with 3043 viewsgolborne

They tend to play the same formation as us, so I wonder if we'll go 3 in the middle to hunt down the ball with Amos spearheading that - he's very good at closing down and putting pressure on the ball. Could be fruitless at times as their manager likes to get the ball beyond the midfield as quick as possible, but it's an area where we could dominate and break quickly. Also gives the defence a bit of cover, as they'll be 3 v 3 at times. Either way, we're gonna need to be a lot more like the Rangers at Brum (compact and patient) for this and coming games til Chair returns.
Shame the Gray drum has started beating after a couple of games without a goal, but maybe I'm taking too much notice them
Login to get fewer ads

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:03 - Jan 13 with 3015 viewsStainrod

I thought the whole point of bringing in Gray was so he could play against teams with the high press - so we could hit balls over the top and get him to run on to them, to stop these high press teams pushing us further and further up the pitch. Given their manager is Ismael and he employs the old Barnsley tactics (which we struggle against) I would be amazed if we didn't play with Gray up top probably with Dykes and Austin "rested"on the bench after his actions in the FA Cup.

I'd play Willock central as at Brum with Albert and Lee charging up the wings if they get the chance.

Am seeing this as a score draw.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 2952 viewsHunterhoop

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 14:43 - Jan 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought we played quite well at there place but I might have underestimated how poor they were.

Marshall
Dickie Dunne Barbet
Johansen Willock
Dykes

Triangles galore but I suspect the team will look nothing like that and Warburton will start with Amos.

This.

We are better with one up top.

Gets Johansen higher up the pitch.

Gives us more legs in midfield and protection in defence.

Gives us some width with 2 DMs who can cover for the wing backs.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:32 - Jan 13 with 2952 viewsNorthernr

Marshall
Dickie Dunne Barbet
Johansen Willock
Dykes

I like that team a lot.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:36 - Jan 13 with 2921 viewsPinnerPaul

Feeling very pessimistic about this game.

Can't play 'below our best' and win a 4th game in a row is my reasoning, but on the plus side, Clive's stats tell us that we tend to do better after a 7 day gap between games.

Mentioned on another thread I've gone 0-2 in the prediction league and very much hope I'm wrong!
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:36 - Jan 13 with 2920 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marshall
Dickie Dunne Barbet
Johansen Willock
Dykes

Good team, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 2911 viewskensalriser

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:32 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I like that team a lot.

I'd like it even more if Johansen could chip in with a few goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:44 - Jan 13 with 2873 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I think he will run Gray out there at the start to see if he can get an early goal to re kindle his confidence.He missed one badly but the keeper reacted superbly on the first one and he lost his plant leg on the last chance otherwise I believe he would have ripped the net off .
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 16:02 - Jan 13 with 2823 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:44 - Jan 13 by CLAREMAN1995

I think he will run Gray out there at the start to see if he can get an early goal to re kindle his confidence.He missed one badly but the keeper reacted superbly on the first one and he lost his plant leg on the last chance otherwise I believe he would have ripped the net off .

He can't just go around ripping nets off willy-nilly....

This is just typical of his 'poor attitude' imo.

Sort it out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 2768 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:36 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Feeling very pessimistic about this game.

Can't play 'below our best' and win a 4th game in a row is my reasoning, but on the plus side, Clive's stats tell us that we tend to do better after a 7 day gap between games.

Mentioned on another thread I've gone 0-2 in the prediction league and very much hope I'm wrong!

They've been playing poorly though.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 16:51 - Jan 13 with 2704 viewsAntti_Heinola

I like Clive's team too, but I'm fairly sure he'll go two up top.

Bare bones.

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 17:49 - Jan 13 with 2567 viewsPinnerPaul

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 16:21 - Jan 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

They've been playing poorly though.

True, although 'form' doesn't tend to mean much in this division - straying into cliché land a bit there - sorry!
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 17:52 - Jan 13 with 2552 viewsdaveB

I don't think we ever look as good with 2 up front. Would play Amos or Thomas as a 3rd midfield player with Dykes up front
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 18:00 - Jan 13 with 2534 viewsdmm

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 17:52 - Jan 13 by daveB

I don't think we ever look as good with 2 up front. Would play Amos or Thomas as a 3rd midfield player with Dykes up front

I agree Dave. The 3421 formation suits our players and style. I think we've played our best football using it.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 18:27 - Jan 13 with 2451 viewsEalingHoop81

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 15:36 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Good team, Clive.

Not getting much love for this being my suggested team towards the top of the page 😀😀😀
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 18:54 - Jan 13 with 2378 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 18:27 - Jan 13 by EalingHoop81

Not getting much love for this being my suggested team towards the top of the page 😀😀😀

So you did. I hadn't read it properly

I guess the biggest problem with this team is that you're not going to have it for 90 minutes. So would you rather start with it or end with it?

Players who definitely can last the 90 - Dickie, Dunne, Barbet, Johansen, Willock, Marshall (hopefully).

Players who might last the 90 - Dozzell, Dykes, Adomah, Field.

Player who probably can't last the 90 - Wallace

Best options on the bench - Amos, Odubajo, Gray, Austin, Ball, Thomas.

How do you get a good 90 mins out of that lot? Who'd be a manager!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 19:48 - Jan 13 with 2281 viewsBurnleyhoop

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 16:51 - Jan 13 by Antti_Heinola

I like Clive's team too, but I'm fairly sure he'll go two up top.

If we go two up top I think we will get overwhelmed in midfield. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Quite like the idea of Field and Dozzell in DCM, With Dozzel in particular interchanging with JJ further up the pitch.
Adomah to pair up with Willock on 19:50 - Jan 13 with 2275 viewsEalingHoop81

Adomah to pair up with Willock on 18:54 - Jan 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

So you did. I hadn't read it properly

I guess the biggest problem with this team is that you're not going to have it for 90 minutes. So would you rather start with it or end with it?

Players who definitely can last the 90 - Dickie, Dunne, Barbet, Johansen, Willock, Marshall (hopefully).

Players who might last the 90 - Dozzell, Dykes, Adomah, Field.

Player who probably can't last the 90 - Wallace

Best options on the bench - Amos, Odubajo, Gray, Austin, Ball, Thomas.

How do you get a good 90 mins out of that lot? Who'd be a manager!

I was only joking 😀

I’d start with the best team and then look to manage the finish with fresh legs from 60th min, injuries allowing. I think Amos brings a lot of energy when he comes in and could come in for SJ or Dozell in that formation.

I would also want Ball ready to come on later to counter Livermore’s physical aspect in midfield.

Moses for Wallace seems a natural sub with the personnel available.

Depending on how the game is going Grey for SJ to add ‘pace’ if we’re chasing the game is suppose or Austin if we’re going aerial from the wings.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 19:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024