Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extremely Rational 22:15 - Jan 25 with 3003 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great reaction over on the Match Fred to tonight's game.

All very rational and reasonable, and some great points made.

Lovely to read, and educational too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Extremely Rational on 22:18 - Jan 25 with 2951 viewsStreathamRanger

You can't get too upset with this group of players. It's clear how hard they're working. Looked a bit tired today and Swansea aren't a bad side at all. Getting Chair back is going to be a massive boost and Sanderson could be a really useful addition.

Dykes is bound to find some form sooner or later and you never know who we might pick up before transfer deadline. No need to panic after a 0-0 draw.
Extremely Rational on 22:19 - Jan 25 with 2938 viewsbosh67

Nah, sorry Brian, not having that.

A draw? A DRAW? A DRAWWWWWW?

Sack everyone... Twice!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Extremely Rational on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 2855 viewsslmrstid

Bloke who sits in front of us was moaning at Warburton, saying he's a poor manager who had learned nothing from the weekend. The recent form seems to pass him by.

He's been like this for years, I just ignore him when he goes off on one, havent really got the energy for the argument!
Extremely Rational on 22:31 - Jan 25 with 2813 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I was probably the most negative person in the match thread, but do agree that the sky isn't falling. Like I said, much rather this than conceding late like Bristol City at home or Peterborough away.
Extremely Rational on 22:33 - Jan 25 with 2793 viewsStreathamRanger

Extremely Rational on 22:27 - Jan 25 by slmrstid

Bloke who sits in front of us was moaning at Warburton, saying he's a poor manager who had learned nothing from the weekend. The recent form seems to pass him by.

He's been like this for years, I just ignore him when he goes off on one, havent really got the energy for the argument!

The bloke in front of you sounds like a right mug. Some people seem to think it's so easy. Usually people who've never played much football themselves.
Extremely Rational on 22:39 - Jan 25 with 2726 viewsSharpy36

Get Chair back, we should be back to firing on all cylinders.

Our one creative players is getting marked/tackled or fouled out of the game and we need that other outlet.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Extremely Rational on 22:42 - Jan 25 with 2699 viewsStreathamRanger

Extremely Rational on 22:39 - Jan 25 by Sharpy36

Get Chair back, we should be back to firing on all cylinders.

Our one creative players is getting marked/tackled or fouled out of the game and we need that other outlet.

100% this. You can't double mark both Chair and Willock. Also Chair will be raring to go if he's just been warming the bench.
Extremely Rational on 23:06 - Jan 25 with 2571 viewsStainrod

We need Chair for sure, but if we are serious about competing at the top end we need more.

Luckily it looks like the board agree:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-lining-up-pre-deadline-attacking-s
Login to get fewer ads

Extremely Rational on 23:08 - Jan 25 with 2547 viewswokingrs

Bald headed bloke in block V of the Ellerslie constantly slags off the team at the top of his voice. Seems to almost want us to lose to prove himself right. Has been doing it for years and completely gets on our nerves.
Extremely Rational on 23:10 - Jan 25 with 2533 viewsStainrod

There you go Brian - still several outposts of irrationality. Its still Rangers after all...
Extremely Rational on 23:14 - Jan 25 with 2488 viewsdaveB

Not great tonight but seen us lose those kind of games 1-0 so many times, take the point and move on
Extremely Rational on 23:21 - Jan 25 with 2424 viewsNed_Kennedys

Impossible to get too excited or angry about tonight’s game as it was mainly dull.
And very cold.
Extremely Rational on 23:28 - Jan 25 with 2365 viewskensalriser

I didn't think we played any less well than the Cov game, we just couldn't get going and the chances didn't go our way. 0-0 had to happen sooner or later. Think we would have won that with Chair though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Extremely Rational on 01:08 - Jan 26 with 2166 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Extremely Rational on 23:21 - Jan 25 by Ned_Kennedys

Impossible to get too excited or angry about tonight’s game as it was mainly dull.
And very cold.

It might have been cold in west London Ned but I can assure its nothing like whats outside my window .
-6 degrees expected overnight with wind chills making it feel like -25 to 30 .I will be adding an extra blanket and hoping the heating system does not blow up .
I will gladly take that point we earned tonight it keeps momentum ticking along
Extremely Rational on 07:30 - Jan 26 with 1959 viewstraininvain

Bigger picture. 13pts out of a possible 15pts. And without Chair. Safe to say we’d have taken that at the end of December.

Personally, I thought we’d be lucky to remain in the playoffs and instead we’re challenging for automatics. Very pleased to be wrong!

Hopefully we’ll get back to winning ways on Saturday.
Extremely Rational on 08:14 - Jan 26 with 1856 viewsNortholt_Rs

Extremely Rational on 07:30 - Jan 26 by traininvain

Bigger picture. 13pts out of a possible 15pts. And without Chair. Safe to say we’d have taken that at the end of December.

Personally, I thought we’d be lucky to remain in the playoffs and instead we’re challenging for automatics. Very pleased to be wrong!

Hopefully we’ll get back to winning ways on Saturday.

This. Disappointing performance and result last night by not then end of the world. A bit of composure from Dykes and we would’ve won the game. Just need to batter the fakes on Saturday. COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Extremely Rational on 10:59 - Jan 26 with 1682 viewsPinnerPaul

Extremely Rational on 22:33 - Jan 25 by StreathamRanger

The bloke in front of you sounds like a right mug. Some people seem to think it's so easy. Usually people who've never played much football themselves.

Someone behind me was screaming "get tighter" as we tried to close down their players in the erm 85th minute!
Extremely Rational on 11:17 - Jan 26 with 1637 viewsNorthantsHoop

In the cold light of day last night's result although not a win we were expecting it does keep us on a good unbeaten run of results. Unbeaten in last 6 games with 3 away wins on the bounce, progressed to FA Cup 4th round and beaten a top 6 rival not bad at all.
Extremely Rational on 12:53 - Jan 26 with 1515 viewswestberksr

Extremely Rational on 22:27 - Jan 25 by slmrstid

around me in JU most of the angst seemed to be towards the ref and letting Swansea do pretty much whatever they liked physically. Some of the treatment of Willock was ridiculous. Not necessarily dangerous but just continuous.
Extremely Rational on 13:02 - Jan 26 with 1470 viewsCiderwithRsie

Extremely Rational on 10:59 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

Someone behind me was screaming "get tighter" as we tried to close down their players in the erm 85th minute!

To be fair I've shouted a lot of old nonsense at football matches over the years, especially in the nervy last 5 minutes.
Extremely Rational on 21:35 - Jan 26 with 1276 viewsgolborne

Extremely Rational on 10:59 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

Well it is the one thing that most teams in the league are better than us at. We still allow countless free crosses into the box, but for much of this season it’s gone unpunished.
Next time you watch a live match back listen for Warburton screaming “to the ball” throughout the game. We did it much better last night bar Willock, who just isn’t part of our press. I know he does so much more, but if he could just add that little thing to his game we’d force more mistakes with the extra man
Extremely Rational on 11:02 - Jan 27 with 1123 viewsPinnerPaul

Extremely Rational on 13:02 - Jan 26 by CiderwithRsie

To be fair I've shouted a lot of old nonsense at football matches over the years, especially in the nervy last 5 minutes.

Blimey, haven't we all!
Extremely Rational on 11:07 - Jan 27 with 1104 viewsPinnerPaul

Extremely Rational on 21:35 - Jan 26 by golborne

Well it is the one thing that most teams in the league are better than us at. We still allow countless free crosses into the box, but for much of this season it’s gone unpunished.
Next time you watch a live match back listen for Warburton screaming “to the ball” throughout the game. We did it much better last night bar Willock, who just isn’t part of our press. I know he does so much more, but if he could just add that little thing to his game we’d force more mistakes with the extra man

This was when the ball was in their (Swansea's) half and we had 3 players closing down, OK lets ignore the obvious fact that no one is going to close down with same intensity in minute 85 as they do in minute 8, 3 or more players all rush in, one pass and we have only 5 or 6 players left 'in the game'

There's a lot more to football at this level than 'getting tighter', 'moving a bit quicker' and 'running around a lot' - I'm sure many of you younger types could do all 3, but not sure you would improve the team much!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024