Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough home game switch 15:23 - Feb 3 with 5125 viewsPikey

What planet is Hoos on moving this to a Sunday lunchtime kick off. ? Yeh ok the 2 away games preceding have been moved back a day for sky but why cant they play wed and sat ? How many saturday home games have we had since September? Not even a handful so why move one you dont have to? Fully expecting sky to move the Fulham one. How many 3pm Saturday games left at home again not a handful.
So much for glad to have the fans back
Peterborough home game switch on 15:56 - Feb 3 with 5011 viewsNorthernr

Yeh it is annoying, particularly the 12.30 kick off, proper sht time for a football match that.
Peterborough home game switch on 16:09 - Feb 3 with 4947 viewsDixie_CT

Peterborough home game switch on 15:56 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Yeh it is annoying, particularly the 12.30 kick off, proper sht time for a football match that.

Considering we don’t play again until the following Saturday at 3pm (what is this voodoo!), kicking off at 12:30pm seems strange? Anyone involved in youth football or Sunday league will be pretty snookered. There is probably some reasons why it is at 12:30 but joe public is none the wiser to why.

I’ve never known a season with so many fixture changes!
Peterborough home game switch on 16:15 - Feb 3 with 4923 viewsdaveB

Peterborough home game switch on 16:09 - Feb 3 by Dixie_CT

Considering we don’t play again until the following Saturday at 3pm (what is this voodoo!), kicking off at 12:30pm seems strange? Anyone involved in youth football or Sunday league will be pretty snookered. There is probably some reasons why it is at 12:30 but joe public is none the wiser to why.

I’ve never known a season with so many fixture changes!

We have a 2 week break after that weekend, the fixture change is a complete nonsense imo
Will be interesting to see what happens with Dykes & Marshall as Scotland world cup playoff game is on the Thursday
Peterborough home game switch on 16:25 - Feb 3 with 4870 viewsDixie_CT

Peterborough home game switch on 16:15 - Feb 3 by daveB

We have a 2 week break after that weekend, the fixture change is a complete nonsense imo
Will be interesting to see what happens with Dykes & Marshall as Scotland world cup playoff game is on the Thursday

Ah yes, 20th March to 2nd April is definitely a two week break! Make the kick off time even odder.
Peterborough home game switch on 17:00 - Feb 3 with 4754 viewsW7Ranger

It's also q/f's of the cup that week-end isn't it? Hopefully it will change again!
Peterborough home game switch on 17:12 - Feb 3 with 4701 viewsWirralHoop

Great news for those of us who aren’t in the south east
Peterborough home game switch on 17:51 - Feb 3 with 4569 viewsSunnyVanGo

Alright Wirral
Where about are you based? My in-laws are Old Swan Broadgreen. Watched the Bournemouth game in the Mason Arms
Gotta a pal from bebington too, his nephew goes up to Tranmere.
Nice talking.
Peterborough home game switch on 17:58 - Feb 3 with 4541 viewsPinnerPaul

OP = Its clearly not been done on LH's initiative, this has come from MW.

Compared to previous managers' 'faults', if MW's biggest one is being over protective of his players, then we're not in a bad place, but I do find it odd that Weds - Sat has now become 'unacceptable'
Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough home game switch on 18:35 - Feb 3 with 4390 viewsAntti_Heinola

This is v annoying. 12.30 on a sunday = zero atmosphere. Can kind of see it - as there's a break after, why not get an extra day in before that game. Makes sense to that tiny degree, but really annoying.

Bare bones.

Peterborough home game switch on 18:38 - Feb 3 with 4374 viewsNorthernr

Why 12.30 though? Always dead. Move it to Sunday if you must but keep it afternoon.
Peterborough home game switch on 18:39 - Feb 3 with 4366 viewsMick_S

Peterborough home game switch on 18:38 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Why 12.30 though? Always dead. Move it to Sunday if you must but keep it afternoon.

100%.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Peterborough home game switch on 19:05 - Feb 3 with 4276 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes, that is my gripe too.
Peterborough home game switch on 19:09 - Feb 3 with 4269 viewsWirralHoop

Peterborough home game switch on 17:51 - Feb 3 by SunnyVanGo

Alright Wirral
Where about are you based? My in-laws are Old Swan Broadgreen. Watched the Bournemouth game in the Mason Arms
Gotta a pal from bebington too, his nephew goes up to Tranmere.
Nice talking.

I’m in Bebington, well the Higher bit, less than a mile walk down to Preston Park
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 19:11]
Peterborough home game switch on 20:15 - Feb 3 with 4121 viewsScouse_R

Peterborough home game switch on 19:09 - Feb 3 by WirralHoop

I’m in Bebington, well the Higher bit, less than a mile walk down to Preston Park
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 19:11]

I'm based in Liverpool and have just looked at the trains which don't seem to get into Euston til 12.15 giving me 15 minutes to get to my seat. That is the first train from Liverpool to London that day and relies on the train being on time, on a Sunday. Absolute bollocks from Hoos: As if we haven't had enouugh disruption to our Saturday fixtures this season already
Peterborough home game switch on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 3953 viewsstowmarketrange

Peterborough home game switch on 17:12 - Feb 3 by WirralHoop

Great news for those of us who aren’t in the south east

It will be easier for Peterborough fans to make the game than it will be for a lot of us home fans..
Peterborough home game switch on 23:28 - Feb 3 with 3755 viewsdaveB

It's an absolute joke of a decision, could understand it if we had Fulham at home and you'd want to be as fresh as possible but its a bottom 3 side at home, we should be able to play on the Saturday.

Just 4 more Saturday 3pm games left now this season. Hull, Cardiff, Fulham and Sheffield United
Peterborough home game switch on 23:51 - Feb 3 with 3705 viewsNorthernr

Peterborough home game switch on 23:28 - Feb 3 by daveB

It's an absolute joke of a decision, could understand it if we had Fulham at home and you'd want to be as fresh as possible but its a bottom 3 side at home, we should be able to play on the Saturday.

Just 4 more Saturday 3pm games left now this season. Hull, Cardiff, Fulham and Sheffield United

And Fulham/Sheff Utd you'd think certain to move.
Peterborough home game switch on 01:00 - Feb 4 with 3621 viewsbob566

Early kick off. Fans don't get a chance to drink or eat pre match. Sales of food and drink increase in the ground equals more profit. Just a theory
Peterborough home game switch on 01:30 - Feb 4 with 3595 viewsBoston

I hate early ko's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Peterborough home game switch on 10:47 - Feb 4 with 3380 viewsTerry49

Do all those people who are complaining about the change of date and time realise the match could be postponed anyway if we get past the 5th round of the cup. It will mean that we will start to see a fixture pile up. Just the season when we did not want a cup run and concentrate on promotion.
Peterborough home game switch on 11:19 - Feb 4 with 3288 viewsdaveB

Peterborough home game switch on 10:47 - Feb 4 by Terry49

Do all those people who are complaining about the change of date and time realise the match could be postponed anyway if we get past the 5th round of the cup. It will mean that we will start to see a fixture pile up. Just the season when we did not want a cup run and concentrate on promotion.

If by some miracle we get that far in the cup it's just one extra game which could be moved to between the Stoke & Sheff Utd matches in April
Peterborough home game switch on 01:22 - Feb 5 with 2842 viewsnumptydumpty

In terms of recovery, is there much difference from having a game on Saturday then one on a Tuesday as opposed to following up a Wednesday game with one on Saturday !!!

Like others cant see why needs be lunchtime kick off.

Can only assume thats because of police advice ie more needed for later kick off due to more drinking time for lot of fans but then thats the same most Saturdays anyhow so baffling indeed !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Peterborough home game switch on 06:00 - Feb 5 with 2780 viewss1cRanger

Likely to get moved completely anyway after today's game no matter whom wins... We are against Peterborough today remember lol
Peterborough home game switch on 07:36 - Feb 5 with 2715 viewsQPR_John

Peterborough home game switch on 06:00 - Feb 5 by s1cRanger

Likely to get moved completely anyway after today's game no matter whom wins... We are against Peterborough today remember lol

There’s the 5th round between now and then
Peterborough home game switch on 13:35 - Feb 6 with 2451 viewsTGRRRSSS

If Chelsea get a home QF (Very probable they will be in the hat - could this affect it further?

Good chance they will be on telly by that point so...

Very annoying and stupid decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024