Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Around the Grounds 21:37 - Mar 8 with 7001 viewsToast_R

Bye bye playoffs. 👋
We royally screwed that up didn't we?
At least Wall are holding Blackburn, Posh trying to beat Bournemouth and Barnsley winning again. We really sparked them back to life.

Sunday is now a bloody huge game. Yikes.
Around the Grounds on 21:48 - Mar 8 with 4468 viewsbosh67

Luton have made up 13 points on us and leapfrogged us. As I live in Luton this evening has been insufferable. If they do us on Sunday it will be even worse. The team seriously needs to get its act together. Luton are very much in form and if we don’t play well we’ll be 4 points behind them! It’s all a bit sickening!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Around the Grounds on 21:56 - Mar 8 with 4381 viewsdaveB

Bournemouth are gonna blow 2nd, i think Sheff Utd might pip them to it.

Hopefully we can get a result at the weekend and get ourselves going again, big week ahead for us
Around the Grounds on 22:02 - Mar 8 with 4313 viewsNoDiddley

Around the Grounds on 21:56 - Mar 8 by daveB

Hopefully we can get a result at the weekend and get ourselves going again, big week ahead for us

Our game was Saturday v the sheep shaggers, the ship has truely sailed
Around the Grounds on 22:03 - Mar 8 with 4292 viewsCamberleyR

Around the Grounds on 21:56 - Mar 8 by daveB

I think Huddersfield might get the second auto spot.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Around the Grounds on 22:04 - Mar 8 with 4280 viewsManinBlack

Yes the Luton turnaround has been incredible that they have pulled back so many points on us. Their home form has been generally good, beat Coventry 5-0, beat Middlesbrough, West Brom, Bournemouth and drew with Fulham.

With them on form and us the polar opposite you can't see us getting anything. Our best hope is to wear Birmingham City kits as, bizarrely, Luton lost 8-0 on aggregate to them this season.
Around the Grounds on 22:04 - Mar 8 with 4270 viewsEmpireStateRanger

We need at least four points from these next two games, ideally six. Obviously have very little confidence that the squad can get it done, but it’s still there for the taking.
Around the Grounds on 22:08 - Mar 8 with 4225 viewsdaveB

Around the Grounds on 22:02 - Mar 8 by NoDiddley

Our game was Saturday v the sheep shaggers, the ship has truely sailed

I think at the end of the season that may well be the case but too many games left for us to give up on it yet.
Around the Grounds on 22:17 - Mar 8 with 4136 viewsLowerloftLad

Barnsley away is where it has all gone horribly wrong unfortunately we will be lucky to hit a top ten finish.

If we don't make the top 6 the January transfers is where it went wrong,I'm sure we could just play Amos over hendrick the bloke just spends 85per cent of the time just passing the ball straight back to where it just came from.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 22:31]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Around the Grounds on 22:37 - Mar 8 with 3988 viewscolinallcars

Keep your upper lip stiff. As ol' Willie Nelson sang - it'll only hurt for three days. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Around the Grounds on 22:40 - Mar 8 with 3952 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Millwall are only three points behind us; when we played them Clive's interview with their supporters was all about how they were mid-table mediocre.
Around the Grounds on 22:41 - Mar 8 with 3958 viewsMyke

Around the Grounds on 22:17 - Mar 8 by LowerloftLad

Barnsley away is where it has all gone horribly wrong unfortunately we will be lucky to hit a top ten finish.

If we don't make the top 6 the January transfers is where it went wrong,I'm sure we could just play Amos over hendrick the bloke just spends 85per cent of the time just passing the ball straight back to where it just came from.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 22:31]

All of this makes perfect logical sense - somewhere
Around the Grounds on 22:44 - Mar 8 with 3929 viewsNorthantsHoop

If only the majority of the Championship was made up from midlands teams we would be out of sight. Love our away games there, always seem to get great results, anything north of Birmingham the wobbles start.
Around the Grounds on 22:53 - Mar 8 with 3868 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eleven games to go and a single, solitary point off the playoffs.

Looking forward to Sunday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Around the Grounds on 22:56 - Mar 8 with 3845 viewsjoe90

Around the Grounds on 22:53 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Eleven games to go and a single, solitary point off the playoffs.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Mate, we’ve been absolutely hopeless since January, we’re not on the up. It’s not like we’ve fought our way up to 7th and are now a point off the play-off!?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:02]
Around the Grounds on 23:02 - Mar 8 with 3805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Around the Grounds on 22:56 - Mar 8 by joe90

Mate, we’ve been absolutely hopeless since January, we’re not on the up. It’s not like we’ve fought our way up to 7th and are now a point off the play-off!?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:02]

Yes, of course.

Form changes. Our coaches and squad were capable of producing good football for well over a year, and are capable of doing so again.

We're still in a promotion race. Have to feel alive and enjoy the ride, Joe!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Around the Grounds on 23:33 - Mar 8 with 3691 viewsbosh67

Around the Grounds on 23:02 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, of course.

Form changes. Our coaches and squad were capable of producing good football for well over a year, and are capable of doing so again.

I love your optimism, Brian. This is a good squad but we do have what feels like a life long tendency to not be able to pull out of a tail spin for about 8 games, by which time we are playing catch up. I have a lot of faith in the management and the team but by God they need a huge kick up the arse and hopefully the fact that Luton have strolled past us tonight and pushed us down the stairs should fire the team up to produce something on Sunday. Let's be honest, if they don't then we don't deserve to be challenging this season. Luton have been very good at protecting a lead this season and we have to make sure that we don't get caught by them because they are particularly good on the break and we are pretty bad at defending that. Sunday is huge and I hope we can actually snap out of our self pity and bad form and actually do what this side is capable of there (obviously not lose)!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Around the Grounds on 07:57 - Mar 9 with 3381 viewsTheChef

Around the Grounds on 23:02 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, of course.

Exactly Brian. I know we're in a bit of rut but it's still in our hands, and teams around us have to play each other too.

In the end if we don't make the play offs it's because over 46 games we haven't been good enough, and I can live with that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Around the Grounds on 10:42 - Mar 9 with 3049 viewsbosh67

Around the Grounds on 07:57 - Mar 9 by TheChef

Exactly Brian. I know we're in a bit of rut but it's still in our hands, and teams around us have to play each other too.

In the end if we don't make the play offs it's because over 46 games we haven't been good enough, and I can live with that.

I think although we have a golden chance to make the play-offs that we have generally over achieved this season. I thought at the start of the season that it could take a couple of seasons to really make this squad good enough to compete. That said, with Huddersfield, Blackburn and even Luton proving that it's more about consistency and application, our team really needs to step up and have aright go for what's left of this season.

Never knowingly right.

Around the Grounds on 11:12 - Mar 9 with 2956 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Luton were in League Two in 2014-15 (having been in non-league the previous season) when we were in the Premier League. This is why I find it hard to see that we are progressing under the current regime (see also Brentford) and why this season's clusterf*ck in February is so grating. Yes, we don't have have parachute payments (when we did we came in the lower half of the table) and we're not the biggest club in the world (see Barnsley last season; Huddersfield this season) but we should see reaching the play-offs as a realistic aspiration each season, not some fantastical dream.

If as I suspect, we finish mid-table, they should be reviewing the structure. I genuinely don't see how we can have a DoF if the manager refuses to make signings and is playing the likes of Hendrick in front of our younger players - surely the only point in having a DoF is for him to be in charge of signings and managing progression through to the first team. I do find it intriguing that Ferdinand revealed that he'd wanted a striker and Warburton said no - I suspect there will be some fallout in the summer.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 11:12]
Around the Grounds on 11:15 - Mar 9 with 2905 viewsTheChef

Around the Grounds on 11:12 - Mar 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

Luton were in League Two in 2014-15 (having been in non-league the previous season) when we were in the Premier League. This is why I find it hard to see that we are progressing under the current regime (see also Brentford) and why this season's clusterf*ck in February is so grating. Yes, we don't have have parachute payments (when we did we came in the lower half of the table) and we're not the biggest club in the world (see Barnsley last season; Huddersfield this season) but we should see reaching the play-offs as a realistic aspiration each season, not some fantastical dream.

If as I suspect, we finish mid-table, they should be reviewing the structure. I genuinely don't see how we can have a DoF if the manager refuses to make signings and is playing the likes of Hendrick in front of our younger players - surely the only point in having a DoF is for him to be in charge of signings and managing progression through to the first team. I do find it intriguing that Ferdinand revealed that he'd wanted a striker and Warburton said no - I suspect there will be some fallout in the summer.

Well let's see first how we finish the season, and then if you like the fallout can begin.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Around the Grounds on 11:25 - Mar 9 with 2870 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think it all went wrong between last August and this January. It's turned so many fans into a toxic entity on SM with large numbers calling for MW to be sacked and the board to fück off and get "proper" owners. I wonder if they are disgruntled Man Utd. fans who were blinded by our good form at the start of the season and are getting at QPR because we lost some games and hit too close to their hearts.

The grass is always greener.

Around the Grounds on 11:39 - Mar 9 with 2828 viewsenfieldargh

Around the Grounds on 10:42 - Mar 9 by bosh67

I think although we have a golden chance to make the play-offs that we have generally over achieved this season. I thought at the start of the season that it could take a couple of seasons to really make this squad good enough to compete. That said, with Huddersfield, Blackburn and even Luton proving that it's more about consistency and application, our team really needs to step up and have aright go for what's left of this season.

A fair proportion of this squad may not be around.

Dickie, Dieng, Willock, Chair even Jimmy D could get picked off

Wallace, Albert, Charlie even JoJo ageing so we could loose half this squad within the next 2 years, so qpr squad as is now wont be here in 2 years.

We pishball along the back line V Luton then in all likelihood cant see anything more than a point at best(Blimey I'm getting hopeful again)

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Around the Grounds on 11:48 - Mar 9 with 2784 viewsnix

I agree we've had a shocking run recently but then even the saintly Chris Wilder has lost to Barnsley, Bristol City and Sheffield United and Blackburn to Sheffield United, Forest and Swansea in the last couple of months.

We just need a bit of a reset and to get back to playing the kind of football we were playing in the early part of the season. I think the pressure of all those must win games in January has taken its toll, especially given the loss of players to AFCON. We need to be playing with less fear and more freedom.

I also strongly believe we should be protecting our players more. It's astonishing that Willock and Chair were both fouled consistently off the ball and no one was saying anything to the ref. Willock is clearly affected by being consistently fouled and not even having any bookings against those fouling. It's easy to see that that's what's happening in games so other teams do it too. I know there's the mantra that things even themselves out over a season but I don't see systematic targeting of your best players fits into that.

As a crowd we need to get behind the players. Really don't see how anyone considers booing them helps them play better.

I really believe that we've made progress across the squad since Warbs has come in.

Our defence included Hall, Bidwell, Lynch, Cameron, Rangel, Furlong, Baptiste and Leistner. Surely we can agree that Barbet, Dunne, Dickie and Wallace are an upgrade, and McCallum and Odubajo have also contributed.

Up front we had Washington, Hemed, Sylla, Oteh and Matt Smith. I'll just leave that there...

Obviously Eze was peerless but Willock has done pretty well.

It's not perfect, clearly it's not, but to say we haven't improved is just goady in my view.
Around the Grounds on 11:55 - Mar 9 with 2753 viewsdaveB

Around the Grounds on 11:12 - Mar 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

I don't think Ferdinand said he wanted a striker he said he spoke to Warburton about targets including a striker and they focused on an attacking midfield player instead
Around the Grounds on 14:46 - Mar 9 with 2413 viewsPinnerPaul

For those 'giving up' with 11 games to go, have a think how would you feel if MW and the players did the same.

And no smart remarks about how they gave up 5 games ago - they didn't and have not now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024