Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was at this 20:48 - Mar 30 with 5033 viewsqpr_1968

great days, maybe saturday we can copy this.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who was at this on 20:57 - Mar 30 with 3613 viewshamptonhillhoop

I was, sat in the upper loft. For some reason I always thought we went three nil up in about fifteen minutes. Fulham properly fell apart at the end of that season
Who was at this on 21:03 - Mar 30 with 3590 viewsterryb

Another one who was there, but I can't recall much about it!

My biggest/best Fulham memory is the 2-0 win at Craven cottage in the 72-73 season. I've still not forgiven Paul Went for ruining the careen of Martyn Busby.
Who was at this on 21:06 - Mar 30 with 3582 viewsqpr_1968

Who was at this on 21:03 - Mar 30 by terryb

My biggest/best Fulham memory is the 2-0 win at Craven cottage in the 72-73 season. I've still not forgiven Paul Went for ruining the careen of Martyn Busby.

72-73 game at fulham was a great night, i was 15, the season was superb.

shame there is no footage of fulham that night, but memories never change.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who was at this on 21:17 - Mar 30 with 3558 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes I was there close to the front of the loft behind the goal.
12 years old. Time flies.

We were class.
Fulham fell apart towards the end of that season.
Who was at this on 21:28 - Mar 30 with 3527 viewsCamberleyR

Also playing the same day in the first division was Man United at Arsenal. QPR vs Fulham had the bigger crowd with 24,431
https://www.11v11.com/matches/arsenal-v-manchester-united-02-may-1983-86677/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who was at this on 21:29 - Mar 30 with 3529 viewsted_hendrix

Who was at this on 21:03 - Mar 30 by terryb

I was at Fulham that night with a shuttering carpenter mate of mine who was a Fulham mentalist.
I gave the stupid gonk serious ear ache on the way home to Basingstoke in my Ford Corsair.

I thought we won 3-0?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Who was at this on 21:38 - Mar 30 with 3500 viewsterryb

Who was at this on 21:29 - Mar 30 by ted_hendrix

I was at Fulham that night with a shuttering carpenter mate of mine who was a Fulham mentalist.
I gave the stupid gonk serious ear ache on the way home to Basingstoke in my Ford Corsair.

I thought we won 3-0?

I've just checked as my memory isn't always reliable, but it was this time. The record books state 2-0.
Who was at this on 21:41 - Mar 30 with 3485 viewsParkRoyalR

Yep, great turn-out that day, think was biggest crowd in London too, before the emergence of the Premier League 'super club's, think we had 23k in and Arsenal had a similar crowd.
Login to get fewer ads

Who was at this on 21:43 - Mar 30 with 3472 viewsParkRoyalR

I thought we won 3-0?

I also thought we won 3-0!
Who was at this on 22:04 - Mar 30 with 3393 viewsloftus77

I was there. Don't remember much about it other than it was the game we sealed the title because Wolves blew a three-goal lead to draw at Charlton? There might have been a spot of crowd trouble too - as there seemed to be at every home game towards to end of that season.
Who was at this on 22:08 - Mar 30 with 3381 viewsRanger_Things

I was there. I can't remember anything about th e game, just going on the pitch afterwards.
Who was at this on 22:38 - Mar 30 with 3316 viewsQPRSteve

Who was at this on 21:38 - Mar 30 by terryb

I've just checked as my memory isn't always reliable, but it was this time. The record books state 2-0.

I seem to remember missing both goals due to the queue to get in the away end. Got in though in time for one of the worst tackles I have ever seen.
Who was at this on 22:39 - Mar 30 with 3315 viewsPeterHucker

Who was at this on 22:08 - Mar 30 by Ranger_Things

I was there. I can't remember anything about th e game, just going on the pitch afterwards.

I was at that too, 12 years old in Ellerslie Road and that was the first season I started going to Loftus Road. Remember it well especially Tony Sealy's weird knees up celebration, similar to Clive Allen's in the FA Cup v WBA and much imitated by me and my brother down the rec.
I also remember the pitch invasion, my dad being quite concerned about it turning nastier and hurrying me out of the stadium.
Who was at this on 22:41 - Mar 30 with 3314 viewsHantsR

That was a magical night at Craven Cottage when we won 2 - 0. Francis played an absolute blinder and I felt so uplifted by the overall performance and felt this was a new dawn in our fortunes, speculating on greatness!
Who was at this on 23:00 - Mar 30 with 3273 viewsBoston

Fulham at home in '83 found me in the Upper Loft, which was an unusual spot for me. Remember that jiggy dance routine.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who was at this on 23:13 - Mar 30 with 3255 viewsQPsyR

I was.

How it should be

What the fck has happened FFS

FKA AcidPixie

Who was at this on 23:22 - Mar 30 with 3243 viewsstowmarketrange

I was there in the loft roughly where ML is now.Same result on Saturday will do for me.
Who was at this on 00:40 - Mar 31 with 3187 viewsWA_Hoop

Happy days! I was in the Loft and remember Lewington's sending off as being the icing on the cake.
Who was at this on 00:49 - Mar 31 with 3175 viewsSydneyRs

Yes I was there. There was trouble outside afterwards too which was common in those days.

Great times. That was the first season I went regularly and it was a case of how much we would win by each game. Annoyingly we got turned over 2-1 by relegation threatened Chelsea on boxing day 82 though.

Fulham went from looking like certain promotion to missing out, complete collapse culminating in losing at Derby who needed to win to stay up. Malcolm MacDonald tried to get that game replayed because the ref blew a couple of mins early as Derby fans were pretty much on the pitch (one kicked a Fulham player as I recall).
Who was at this on 07:33 - Mar 31 with 3044 viewsNorthantsHoop

I was there aged 19 in the loft end, great game Malcolm McDonald was Fulham's manager. Also went to the away fixture the previous September, where we drew 1-1.We were such a great side, home and away that season. If I remember around this time Fulham's promotion challenge started to falter, while we were going from strength to strength and won the Division 2 title reasonably comfortably.
Who was at this on 07:45 - Mar 31 with 3018 viewsTheChef

I thought we won 3-0?

Ted, is this who you're named after?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Hendricks

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Who was at this on 07:49 - Mar 31 with 3015 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was at both the home and away games against Fulham.

Our 83 side was a class apart. Many people forget that upon being promoted to the top tier, we only added Mike Fillery the next season and mathematically at least, had a chance of winning the title with two games to go.

Fulham also had a good side, but as everyone has pointed out, they blew up. I saw them up at Cambridge (also where we were great earlier in the season) and Fulham looked like a side who could neither explain, handle or reverse their sudden decline. Their final game up at Derby was a joke!

If memory serves, we secured promotion against Fulham and next home game against Wolves (who were runners up) we handed out another football lesson to them. Venables and his team from 81-84 were the best I’ve seen down there.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Who was at this on 08:09 - Mar 31 with 2991 viewsstevec

Was at all those games, 70’s and 80’s. Fantastic Rangers sides, any sign of positivity we’d build another stand, seems weird now but you’d turn up genuinely expecting us to win games.
Who was at this on 08:48 - Mar 31 with 2944 viewsRs_Holy

yep I was there... Lower Loft (and on the pitch afterwards). Great season, great memories.
Who was at this on 09:13 - Mar 31 with 2902 viewsGalileo

I was there in the upper tier of the Fulham end. We used to sit above the away end in those days as did a few Rs always without any bother but it kicked off in around the toilets/concourse close to half time. I was only 12 in a QPR shirt being threatened by a couple of Foolham loons when some Rangers lads stepped in to calm the situation. got back to my seat told the older lads what happened and they disappeared for a while, eventually returning to say it was all sorted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024