Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Sam Field interview 12:53 - May 10 with 3759 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/sam-field-on-swansea-090522/

It feels like he and Dunne are captain material. Speaks very positively and articulately. Talks several times about the team having a good core going in to next season. I hope it keeps together but nice to see someone upbeat for next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good Sam Field interview on 14:06 - May 10 with 2981 viewsAntti_Heinola

For all the doom and gloom, and I do feel both doomy and gloomy, we do have a decent bed of players - Dieng - Dickie - Dunne - Field - Amos - Chair - Willock - maybe Dykes on form: it's the basis of a very decent side.
Like Field a lot, although weirdly he came into the side and played really well, to the extent that I think he made 3 CBs one too many. So by playing well, he upset the equilibrium of the team to some extent. Not his fault!

Bare bones.

Good Sam Field interview on 14:32 - May 10 with 2914 viewsenfieldargh

Good Sam Field interview on 14:06 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

For all the doom and gloom, and I do feel both doomy and gloomy, we do have a decent bed of players - Dieng - Dickie - Dunne - Field - Amos - Chair - Willock - maybe Dykes on form: it's the basis of a very decent side.
Like Field a lot, although weirdly he came into the side and played really well, to the extent that I think he made 3 CBs one too many. So by playing well, he upset the equilibrium of the team to some extent. Not his fault!

Weird though but you have a point.

Sam is our main man in midfield and this interview has left me with a bit more of a feel good view of our team.

As SF says players come and go and little gems suddenly appear changing the outlook entirely. THat goes both ways tho.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Good Sam Field interview on 18:11 - May 10 with 2655 viewsLazyFan

It's a good point. Teams can take time to gel.

For example, this squad could learn how to push through bad games now they have actually done it (Blackpool) and not done it (Peterborough).

They could learn to be a bit more robust over games as they are still young and learning. We shall find out next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

Good Sam Field interview on 19:00 - May 10 with 2582 viewskernowhoop

It was indeed a good interview. Hope he goes from strength to strength.
Good Sam Field interview on 19:34 - May 10 with 2541 viewsdavman

Good Sam Field interview on 19:00 - May 10 by kernowhoop

It was indeed a good interview. Hope he goes from strength to strength.

It was; what a lovely bloke. Fantastic player and eloquent; you can see from that the Warbs influence. Optimistic too!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Good Sam Field interview on 20:35 - May 10 with 2467 viewsGreenbay

Field is a clear-headed thinker.
A few more players with that great attitude and we could be flying at the start of next season.
His optimism is just what we need and there is merit in what he says.
Certainly agree with Antti - with the spine of the team - Dieng (age 27), Dickie (26), Dunne (25), Field (24), Amos (25), Chair (24), and Willock (24).
Hope we don't lose any of them over the next few weeks.
After that - let's hope Thomas (25), Dozzell (23) along with Kakay (24), Bettache (21), Masterson (23) and even Owens (24) at last can improve another big notch.
All the above are good young ages for the next two seasons that's if we can hang on to them.
Throw in Dykes (26) Jojo (31), hopefully returning to his form of last year, and Albert (34) occasionally.
And if the club - probably unlikely - sort something for Barbet (29) - well that gives us 17 players.
So we need it seems another 3-5 players or so with pace - in defence and attack - and a decent manager.
No doubt there will be some loans joining us.
But that's a big shopping list for a tiny club with little money.
Have to be optimistic though - just like Field.
Otherwise what's the point?
Good Sam Field interview on 20:36 - May 10 with 2466 viewsNorthernr

I'm a little bit in love with him do we think that's ok?
Good Sam Field interview on 20:39 - May 10 with 2462 viewsGreenbay

Good Sam Field interview on 20:36 - May 10 by Northernr

If we finish top 6 next season - and (let's say it) get promoted - then why not?
Login to get fewer ads

Good Sam Field interview on 20:58 - May 10 with 2437 viewsdavman

You'll have to get past me first - you over Akos yet?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Good Sam Field interview on 21:07 - May 10 with 2422 viewsdmm

He's unusually articulate, gives a very natural interview and comes over as a genuine man. He's a terrific footballer who will go a long way in the game, and hopefully with QPR.
Good Sam Field interview on 21:16 - May 10 with 2404 viewsLogman

He's a great player - has so many attributes. And his demeanour is top notch. Getting him from WBA was a steal. Ditto Jimmy Dunne. I'm just praying that the next management team can bring similar players to the club and that we won't be throwing the baby out with the Warburton.
Good Sam Field interview on 21:17 - May 10 with 2402 viewsNorthernr

Good Sam Field interview on 21:16 - May 10 by Logman

He's a great player - has so many attributes. And his demeanour is top notch. Getting him from WBA was a steal. Ditto Jimmy Dunne. I'm just praying that the next management team can bring similar players to the club and that we won't be throwing the baby out with the Warburton.

Both head of recruitment picks, so should hopefully be more where they came from.
Good Sam Field interview on 07:52 - May 11 with 2119 viewsTheChef

Yeah that little bit of doe-eyed vulnerability isn't it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Good Sam Field interview on 07:57 - May 11 with 2114 viewsTheChef

Good Sam Field interview on 21:17 - May 10 by Northernr

Both head of recruitment picks, so should hopefully be more where they came from.

Indeed - fingers crossed for some more Andy Belk gems over the summer (and we'll have a bit more to play with, with the budget freed up from Austin).

Good Sam Field interview on 08:00 - May 11 with 2103 viewsNorthernr

Good Sam Field interview on 07:52 - May 11 by TheChef

Yeah that little bit of doe-eyed vulnerability isn't it?

While picking up 14 yellow cards. It's a clever act and I'm here for it.
Good Sam Field interview on 08:01 - May 11 with 2086 viewsParkRoyalR

Good Sam Field interview on 21:17 - May 10 by Northernr

Now that is really really encouraging.

Both superb fits for the championship in terms of ability, desire and character.
Good Sam Field interview on 08:01 - May 11 with 2090 viewsTheChef

Good Sam Field interview on 08:00 - May 11 by Northernr

While picking up 14 yellow cards. It's a clever act and I'm here for it.

He can come sliding in two-footed any time (ahem)

Good Sam Field interview on 08:49 - May 11 with 2007 viewsBklynRanger

He's like Coldplay's Chris Martin, but with talent.
Good Sam Field interview on 09:21 - May 11 with 1959 viewsNushnool

Excellent interview.

It's been a really good (half-)season from him. I think the things he needs to improve on to improve his game are:

1) When he's ahead of his man and moving forwards, he seems to panic and just want to give it short and sideways as soon as possible.
2) As he mentioned, have some shots, arrive on the edge of the area a bit more when the ball might break to him.
3) Stop getting so many yellow cards! Too many were avoidable, pulling back his opposition when they got the wrong side of him.

I'm not a big fan of centre-midfielders being split between "defensive" and "attacking", I'd much rather they had a complete offering. If he adds more to his attacking game, he can be one of the top midfielders in this division.
Good Sam Field interview on 09:58 - May 11 with 1899 viewsTonto

there is a guy in D block who absolutely hates him, and doesnt hold back in telling everyone so frequently throughout the match

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Good Sam Field interview on 10:20 - May 11 with 1873 viewsRBlock

Good Sam Field interview on 09:21 - May 11 by Nushnool

Excellent interview.

It's been a really good (half-)season from him. I think the things he needs to improve on to improve his game are:

1) When he's ahead of his man and moving forwards, he seems to panic and just want to give it short and sideways as soon as possible.
2) As he mentioned, have some shots, arrive on the edge of the area a bit more when the ball might break to him.
3) Stop getting so many yellow cards! Too many were avoidable, pulling back his opposition when they got the wrong side of him.

I'm not a big fan of centre-midfielders being split between "defensive" and "attacking", I'd much rather they had a complete offering. If he adds more to his attacking game, he can be one of the top midfielders in this division.

To add to this, I would love him to use his right foot a bit more. So often he picks the ball up and moving out towards Adomah/whoever else was on the right touchline, but needed an extra touch to shift it onto his left which slowed things down and allows the oppo midfielders to shut down the passing lanes. By using his right in those situations it would just keep the pace of the attack up and make us harder to defend against.
Good Sam Field interview on 10:24 - May 11 with 1867 viewsngbqpr

At last, I get a clear run with senor Faurlin

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Good Sam Field interview on 10:58 - May 11 with 1819 viewsTheChef

Good Sam Field interview on 08:49 - May 11 by BklynRanger

He's like Coldplay's Chris Martin, but with talent.

Ha I thought the same - albeit a much better looking Chris Martin!

Good Sam Field interview on 12:01 - May 11 with 1711 viewsPinnerPaul

Nice interview and yes I know it would probably get a bland answer, but no mention of Warb's going?
Good Sam Field interview on 22:36 - May 11 with 1492 viewsHunterhoop

Good Sam Field interview on 09:58 - May 11 by Tonto

there is a guy in D block who absolutely hates him, and doesnt hold back in telling everyone so frequently throughout the match

Whoever that bloke is, he is a moron. But then I sat behind a fan away at MK Dons in the cup who thought Faurlin was “useless” and “boring”.

Field is one of the best players at the club. He’s 23/24. He’s got a decent number of games under his belt and he plays in a critical position. He should be at the heart or this team for years.

I’ve said it before but if he stays fit, I don’t see us finishing out of the top half whilst he’s here. He can improve his passing and ambition on the ball but his all round game is so strong. Does so much dirty work mopping up and closing down. I would love to see his stats compared to our other midfielders. Imagine he puts them to shame.

The spine of Dieng, Dunne, Dickie, Field is very strong and also young. We need a centre forward to add to but there’s hope. And of course Willock and Chair too, although I imagine we’ll have to see one.

One other thing about Field, if we can’t find wing backs, I think he allows us to go back to a shape with a back 4, if we want, so he gives us flexibility.

Super player. Good bloke. Great signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024