Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many fans would we 19:13 - May 18 with 6518 viewscharmr

have taken to Seville if we were there today?

11,000?
How many fans would we on 02:33 - May 19 with 1943 viewsBoston

My least interest in a QPR fixture would be one of a 'European' nature.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How many fans would we on 08:18 - May 19 with 1768 viewsTheChef

How many fans would we on 23:29 - May 18 by Wegerles_Stairs

It used to be pretty straightforward: champions in the European Cup, next few teams in the UEFA and the cup winners in the CWC. As the 'Champions' League grew bigger and bigger and sucked everything into it like a black hole, it's become, like most things in modern football, more monochrome and predictable. At least in recent seasons, most teams seem to be making an effort in the Europa League again. It was grim when the likes of Bolton would turn their noses up at the competition just to finish 17th in the Premier League.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 23:29]

All ruined by cash, like everything else.

Although arguably the teams in the Conference final are of a slightly better standard than the ones who played last night.

Forza Roma!!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How many fans would we on 08:42 - May 19 with 1728 viewsNorthernr

How many fans would we on 23:29 - May 18 by Wegerles_Stairs

It used to be pretty straightforward: champions in the European Cup, next few teams in the UEFA and the cup winners in the CWC. As the 'Champions' League grew bigger and bigger and sucked everything into it like a black hole, it's become, like most things in modern football, more monochrome and predictable. At least in recent seasons, most teams seem to be making an effort in the Europa League again. It was grim when the likes of Bolton would turn their noses up at the competition just to finish 17th in the Premier League.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 23:29]

10,000% agree mate. I remember Stoke actually getting through their group stage, into the knockout, and drawing Valencia (FCKING VALENCIA!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE?) and Pulis put a reserve team out and chucked the second leg because they'd fallen to something like 14th in the league and there was half a chance they might get relegated. I'd actually have murdered him I think. I'd have done the time gladly. I'd have enjoyed it.

One season in Europe is all I desire. It's a favourite game we play in the Crown - pick your ideal Europa League group stage draw. You want somewhere hot and Spanish, somewhere Scandi, some bit of Eastern Europe that used to be Russia, something German. I remember Birmingham got in a few years ago and drew Club Brugge. I'm not sure I'd live through Club Brugge v QPR but what a way to go.
How many fans would we on 08:44 - May 19 with 1716 viewsslmrstid

How many fans would we on 08:42 - May 19 by Northernr

10,000% agree mate. I remember Stoke actually getting through their group stage, into the knockout, and drawing Valencia (FCKING VALENCIA!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE?) and Pulis put a reserve team out and chucked the second leg because they'd fallen to something like 14th in the league and there was half a chance they might get relegated. I'd actually have murdered him I think. I'd have done the time gladly. I'd have enjoyed it.

One season in Europe is all I desire. It's a favourite game we play in the Crown - pick your ideal Europa League group stage draw. You want somewhere hot and Spanish, somewhere Scandi, some bit of Eastern Europe that used to be Russia, something German. I remember Birmingham got in a few years ago and drew Club Brugge. I'm not sure I'd live through Club Brugge v QPR but what a way to go.

This all over. I have some friends who have gone to as many of Leicester's European games this season and their Champions League season as they could, because who the hell knows when it will happen again for a club like that? I'd love to see QPR in Europe. Christ I'd even take a revamp of the Anglo-Italian cup to see us play against some Serie B fodder in Bari or something.
How many fans would we on 08:46 - May 19 with 1713 viewsNorthernr

How many fans would we on 08:44 - May 19 by slmrstid

This all over. I have some friends who have gone to as many of Leicester's European games this season and their Champions League season as they could, because who the hell knows when it will happen again for a club like that? I'd love to see QPR in Europe. Christ I'd even take a revamp of the Anglo-Italian cup to see us play against some Serie B fodder in Bari or something.

Yup, same. Andy often jokes that he's got a credit card locked up at home behind a glass panel that says "break in case of QPR European campaign".

I think I'd just be straight up with work. Look, I'm going, I'm going to everything, you're not going to see me, fire me if you like, dock my pay, but this is happening.
How many fans would we on 09:09 - May 19 with 1673 viewsngbqpr

Ibiza Cup anyone?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

How many fans would we on 09:17 - May 19 with 1653 viewskernowhoop

Strictly speaking, this is off-topic as it is not about the number of fans. But, am I alone in being surprised at the poor quality football played by Rangers, compared with Frankfurt? The number of mis-directed passes and ambitious long balls played into touch made them look very ordinary. I thought that the pre-slump QPR would have beaten them comfortably.
How many fans would we on 09:29 - May 19 with 1635 viewsTheChef

How many fans would we on 09:17 - May 19 by kernowhoop

Strictly speaking, this is off-topic as it is not about the number of fans. But, am I alone in being surprised at the poor quality football played by Rangers, compared with Frankfurt? The number of mis-directed passes and ambitious long balls played into touch made them look very ordinary. I thought that the pre-slump QPR would have beaten them comfortably.

Whisper it quietly, but they are a Scottish Premiership football team...

Login to get fewer ads

How many fans would we on 09:36 - May 19 with 1614 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I’m with Andy - my savings would be smashed if we ever got into Europe. I’d be gone, I wouldn’t even pack, I’d bring the dog with me, I’m not sure I’d think to lock the house as we left.

(As it happens I’m on a train in Spain at the moment that’s just had the joy of being boarded by Glasgow Rangers fans. Some ok, but some pushing people around, sitting on the wrong seats, refusing to move, abusing the staff. Very few of them with Scottish accents, it has to be said.)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How many fans would we on 09:48 - May 19 with 1575 viewsTheChef

How many fans would we on 09:36 - May 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I’m with Andy - my savings would be smashed if we ever got into Europe. I’d be gone, I wouldn’t even pack, I’d bring the dog with me, I’m not sure I’d think to lock the house as we left.

(As it happens I’m on a train in Spain at the moment that’s just had the joy of being boarded by Glasgow Rangers fans. Some ok, but some pushing people around, sitting on the wrong seats, refusing to move, abusing the staff. Very few of them with Scottish accents, it has to be said.)

Hmmm yes they do seem also to attract the worst kind of English football fan...in some ways they are quite Chelscummy.

Have to say I didn't mind Frankfurt winning.

How many fans would we on 10:43 - May 19 with 1512 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Small thing I noticed last night, but stuck with me anyway, was the Rangers players accepting their runners' up medals respectfully from UEFA president Ceferin, I think I counted one player only who immediately took his off. Led with class by Van Bronckhorst, unlike some of the scenes you get most cup finals when the losing team sometimes flat out refuse to even accept their medal like Tuchel did to Prince William on Saturday - I understand not liking losing and coming second, but show a bit of respect to the competition and those you had to beat to get to where you are.
How many fans would we on 10:45 - May 19 with 1509 viewsslmrstid

How many fans would we on 10:43 - May 19 by Orthodox_Hoop

Small thing I noticed last night, but stuck with me anyway, was the Rangers players accepting their runners' up medals respectfully from UEFA president Ceferin, I think I counted one player only who immediately took his off. Led with class by Van Bronckhorst, unlike some of the scenes you get most cup finals when the losing team sometimes flat out refuse to even accept their medal like Tuchel did to Prince William on Saturday - I understand not liking losing and coming second, but show a bit of respect to the competition and those you had to beat to get to where you are.

Yeah with you on here, this really annoys me. I get the disappointment of losing but you should still be proud to get to where you got to.

There's nothing wrong with a runner's up medal, although of course everyone would prefer the winning one, its still a mighty fine achievement.
How many fans would we on 10:46 - May 19 with 1507 viewsParkRoyalR

How many fans would we on 09:48 - May 19 by TheChef

Hmmm yes they do seem also to attract the worst kind of English football fan...in some ways they are quite Chelscummy.

'WATP We Are The People' any football club and its fans that refer to themselves as such and who's club anthem is 'Simply the best, better than all the rest' seem to have some sort of issues, whether it be a superiority or inferiority complex, is anyone's guess!
How many fans would we on 11:00 - May 19 with 1475 viewsenfieldargh

How many fans would we on 22:11 - May 18 by bosh67

That kid Bassey is such a good player at left cb. Even recovers a mistake with pace. The lad Kent is good too. I have to say Rangers are kind of second best though technically.

Released by Leicester in 2020 probably not our sort of left back

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

How many fans would we on 11:39 - May 19 with 1424 viewsngbqpr

How many fans would we on 10:45 - May 19 by slmrstid

Yeah with you on here, this really annoys me. I get the disappointment of losing but you should still be proud to get to where you got to.

There's nothing wrong with a runner's up medal, although of course everyone would prefer the winning one, its still a mighty fine achievement.

...also only about 10% of their 'loyal army of fans' stayed to watch them get said medals. I know it's now the done thing not to stay to watch the winners celebrate, but at least stay to clap your own lot, especially after the run they've had.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

How many fans would we on 11:42 - May 19 with 1408 viewsngbqpr

How many fans would we on 09:48 - May 19 by TheChef

One of football's less savoury fan alliances...Chelsea / Rangers / Linfield "blues brothers" - google & puke

How many fans would we on 13:14 - May 19 with 1313 viewsTheChef

How many fans would we on 11:42 - May 19 by ngbqpr

One of football's less savoury fan alliances...Chelsea / Rangers / Linfield "blues brothers" - google & puke

Yes, indeed

How many fans would we on 14:28 - May 19 with 1233 viewsR_from_afar

How many fans would we on 08:46 - May 19 by Northernr

Yup, same. Andy often jokes that he's got a credit card locked up at home behind a glass panel that says "break in case of QPR European campaign".

I think I'd just be straight up with work. Look, I'm going, I'm going to everything, you're not going to see me, fire me if you like, dock my pay, but this is happening.

A bit like when Iron Maiden first toured South America. I can't remember where it was - possibly Colombia - but when the fans were being interviewed before the gig - the band's first ever in that country - one gleefully revealed that he had jacked in his job just so he could be sure of going to the gig.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

How many fans would we on 16:23 - May 19 with 1166 viewsBushRanger82

We're a long, long, long way, from having to worry about playing in European competition.
How many fans would we on 16:46 - May 19 with 1124 viewsKonk

How many fans would we on 16:23 - May 19 by BushRanger82

We're a long, long, long way, from having to worry about playing in European competition.

I’ve long argued that seeing as half the teams in the PL see the Europa League as a burden, one spot should be drawn at random and allocated to a club outside the PL. Might not do much for our co-efficient, but imagine being a Dale fan and finding out you were playing in Europe. The draw would be mega - half the country glued to the box.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

How many fans would we on 17:00 - May 19 with 1096 viewsstowmarketrange

How many fans would we on 16:23 - May 19 by BushRanger82

The champions league final is at Wembley in 2 seasons time so we needed to go up this season to be eligible to play there after finishing in the top 4 next season.
Life’s a bitch sometimes.
How many fans would we on 18:19 - May 19 with 1009 viewsMick_S

How many fans would we on 17:00 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

The champions league final is at Wembley in 2 seasons time so we needed to go up this season to be eligible to play there after finishing in the top 4 next season.

Imagine that for an interview question? Tim Sherwood would p iss it. We’re going to Europe, everyone.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

How many fans would we on 18:21 - May 19 with 1007 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think we could easily get 30K for a game like that.

And maybe more

We easily sold out Wembley over 40K and I cant remember how many we took to Cardiff now in 03.
How many fans would we on 21:00 - May 19 with 932 viewsManinBlack

I recall our previous European ventures where we did really well in the early rounds scoring plenty of goals. Then we managed to lose 3-0 and 6-2 first leg leads against average opposition so dumped out on penalties and away goals in both campaigns. Just some of the disasters this football club has inflicted on us regularly.
How many fans would we on 21:59 - May 19 with 860 viewsMiss_Terraces

How many fans would we on 17:00 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

Win the FA Cup and then the Europa League and then we're there
What could possibly go wrong?

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024