Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 Play-Off Final 09:09 - May 21 with 7591 viewsJames_Paddocks

All Wycombe aren't we?

Especially with the Gareth factor.

Fancy Sunderland to be a threat if they come up. Plus it's hilarious seeing "big" clubs suffer.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:58 - May 21 with 2976 viewsMick_S

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:09 - May 21 by Northernr

Some of the commentary for the play off games has been sick. I genuinely don’t think that Championship knobhead will cope if Forest win.

He’s back on right now and it’s started already.

Oh yeah - come on Wycombe.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 14:58]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

League 1 Play-Off Final on 15:08 - May 21 with 2956 viewstoboboly

League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:58 - May 21 by Mick_S

He’s back on right now and it’s started already.

Oh yeah - come on Wycombe.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 14:58]

Tw@tterface on Talksport, I might go and read a book instead.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League 1 Play-Off Final on 15:15 - May 21 with 2932 viewshubble

1-0 Mackems. GA one step closer to being our manager... :)

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

League 1 Play-Off Final on 15:37 - May 21 with 2842 viewsManinBlack

League 1 Play-Off Final on 11:07 - May 21 by R_from_afar

Just once, I would love to hear a pundit challenge one of his fellow pundits by going off piste and saying: "You talk about the size of that club and where they "belong". Why don't we just scrap all promotions and relegations, then, and just create the league structure based on size of fan base? A balanced and fair approach which will lead to exciting outcomes. NOT".

A core principle of sport is that you earn success through your performances, not because you are rich and/or popular.

I was gutted when semi-professional Arbroath got knocked out in the semi-finals of the play-offs for the SPL. I even watched the game on the BBC website.

Seeing minnows like Wycombe overachieve is part of the magic of sport and I really hope The Chairboys prevail. It gives other small clubs hope.

Oh, and a Wycombe victory would perhaps show the benefit of sticking with a manager.

I did post on similar lines a few months ago when Jamie Mackie told the simpering Sky host before Sunderland played Oxford that he was fed up of all the talk how Sunderland should be in the Premier league. As Jamie pointed out Oxford had a better playing style than Sunderland but all people want to talk about is Sunderland when it comes to league 1.

I was with a Newcastle fan a week ago who stated that he wanted Burnley to go down as not a big club like Everton and Leeds. Unfortunately it seems a lot of armchair fans and TV pundits have the same beliefs that only big clubs should be in the Premier.

These same people were probably totally against the breakaway European league but then seem to advocate a closed shop Premier league formed of the biggest clubs. No doubt this belief comes from thinking that the biggest clubs play the best football and have the most fans for atmosphere.

Sadly a howler by the Wycombe keeper could see the Mackems going up. There will be no praise for Oxford next season either if Sunderland go up as league 1 coverage will be all about Derby. Another so called club deserving of Premier league football according to Sky.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:15 - May 21 with 2696 viewsBostonR

Wycombe are dreadful against a very average Sunderland side. Struggling to work out what the Wycombe game-plan is.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:21 - May 21 with 2666 viewsJames_Paddocks

Two really poor sides. The quality is woeful.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:34 - May 21 with 2618 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Oooh what does the note say? I bet it’s blank.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:35 - May 21 with 2606 viewsRangersDave

Gives Wycombe even more ammo against Derby and their cheating.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:40 - May 21 with 2571 viewsdenhamhoop2

2 0 game over it's off to Sunderland for us next season
League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:53 - May 21 with 2477 viewsstevec

The Championships going all Northern again.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:57 - May 21 with 2449 viewsdmm

To be fair, the Mackems were the better team. I do feel for Ains though. I wonder if he'll still be at WW next season?
League 1 Play-Off Final on 17:02 - May 21 with 2395 views100percent

League 1 Play-Off Final on 15:15 - May 21 by hubble

1-0 Mackems. GA one step closer to being our manager... :)

On the strength of this wycombe performance, I'd be frightened to death if ainsworth becomes our manager. Totally understand that over the course of the season they have accrued a lot of points, but there appears to be no game plan or tactical nous against a very average sunderland side...
League 1 Play-Off Final on 17:03 - May 21 with 2394 viewsOldPedro

Sky commentator saying what a great job Alex Neill has done - when they sacked Johnson on 30th Jan, Sunderland were 3rd in the table; at the end of the season they finished 5th.

Not sure how that shows great progress for one manager over the other? Or is it just the normal Sky bo11ocks.......

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

League 1 Play-Off Final on 17:28 - May 21 with 2247 viewsswitchingcode

League 1 Play-Off Final on 17:03 - May 21 by OldPedro

Sky commentator saying what a great job Alex Neill has done - when they sacked Johnson on 30th Jan, Sunderland were 3rd in the table; at the end of the season they finished 5th.

Not sure how that shows great progress for one manager over the other? Or is it just the normal Sky bo11ocks.......

Same as Fat Frank 16th when he took over Everton they will finish the season the same.Sounds like Sunderland are going to walk the championship because they are massive with 50,000 fans every week according to Sky.Funny when I last went there in the championship they had barely 15000 there and were relegated.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 18:13 - May 21 with 2085 viewsstevec

Dorking Wanderers in the National League, Ebbsfleet undone in time added on due to their own smoke bombs thrown on the pitch.

Hahahaha.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 18:33 - May 21 with 2022 viewsDannyPaddox

League 1 Play-Off Final on 18:13 - May 21 by stevec

Dorking Wanderers in the National League, Ebbsfleet undone in time added on due to their own smoke bombs thrown on the pitch.

Hahahaha.

Amazing achievement by Dorking Wanderers. Only formed in 1999. Started off in the Crawley & District League. 23 years and 12 promotions later they’re on the cusp of League football.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 19:03 - May 21 with 1926 viewsHarbour

WW v WRDC should be interesting next season
League 1 Play-Off Final on 19:10 - May 21 with 1902 viewsTGRRRSSS

League 1 Play-Off Final on 17:03 - May 21 by OldPedro

The usual absolutely no homework done whatsoever basically.

A shame for Wycombe and Gaz but I've never done Sunderland. (silver Lining) potentially
League 1 Play-Off Final on 19:26 - May 21 with 1844 viewspaulparker

League 1 Play-Off Final on 19:10 - May 21 by TGRRRSSS

The usual absolutely no homework done whatsoever basically.

A shame for Wycombe and Gaz but I've never done Sunderland. (silver Lining) potentially

I would have Alex Neil at Rangers, the bloke is a winner

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

League 1 Play-Off Final on 19:29 - May 21 with 1829 viewsbaz_qpr

Sunderland by far the better team, Wycombe were dire and one dimensional sadly
League 1 Play-Off Final on 07:50 - May 22 with 1453 viewsthehat

I went to Wembley yesterday to support Garath and the boys as they are my local team.

No complaints the best team won. The Vokes chance on 70 minutes was huge score and it’s a different game. Six minutes later it’s 2 v 0 game over.

Nice to be there watching without being too emotionally involved.

Great support from the Mackams.

Wouldn’t be to disappointed if Ainsworth was our new manager. They get labelled as long ball which is a bit unfair they have played 4,2,3,1 all season. Sometimes they do play out from the back and sometimes they do play channel balls. Nothing wrong with that. Austin and Dykes would have thrived under Garath as one thing they do is get the ball into the box early.
League 1 Play-Off Final on 08:43 - May 22 with 1348 viewstoboboly

League 1 Play-Off Final on 18:33 - May 21 by DannyPaddox

Amazing achievement by Dorking Wanderers. Only formed in 1999. Started off in the Crawley & District League. 23 years and 12 promotions later they’re on the cusp of League football.

They do have a lot of financial backing comparative to almost all their rivals at all those levels. Interesting to see how they get on against other teams with a League 2 type budget.

They also hastened/added to the demise of the original Dorking which was a shame.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League 1 Play-Off Final on 09:10 - May 22 with 1272 viewsNewYorkRanger

League 1 Play-Off Final on 14:18 - May 21 by paulparker

It’s commentary full stop that is just garbage and biased with SKY being the absolute worst of the lot , I really don’t know who their target audience is anymore is it now targeted to morons ?
You have the likes of Carragher and his one sided scouse waffle on Liverpool games I mean it’s so one sided it’s actually toe curling the same with Mcmanaman on BT and then you had the same with Hinchcliffe commentating on the play off game last week and his favouritism of sheff wed
Not to be outdone you then have Prutton and Dawson with Forest
Oh for the days of Elton welsby Brian Moore and big Ron

I agree with you re: Carragher. Unlistenable. However, I don’t see the problem with biased commentary, and never had a problem with it. In fact, for England games I wish the commentary was way more biased towards England.
Never understood this need to be neutral- makes it tedious and frankly inauthentic.

Same with the ‘apologies if you heard some bad language there’ - I’ve read that it’s a contractual necessity for them to say that, but it winds me up nonetheless

Glory hunter, me

League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:49 - May 22 with 1132 viewsNorthernr

League 1 Play-Off Final on 16:53 - May 21 by stevec

The Championships going all Northern again.

Lots of lovely £80 trains next season
League 1 Play-Off Final on 12:41 - May 22 with 999 viewsdenhamhoop2

League 1 Play-Off Final on 10:49 - May 22 by Northernr

Lots of lovely £80 trains next season

Only if you get in early with a bit of luck Leeds come down so less of QPR way way more of SkyLeeds queue pictures of Howard Wilkinson/Cantona/ it would be Revie/Bremner from their real glory days but Sky don't own those rights so "Can this sleeping giant Champions League Semi Finalists return to their rightful place"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024