Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jubilee 13:50 - Jun 2 with 10957 viewsSonofpugwash

Anybody going to bother?

Wasn't me guv,honest.

https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/council-removes-distasteful-tribute-to-quee

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jubilee on 14:03 - Jun 2 with 4084 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I share this assessment!

Jubilee on 14:13 - Jun 2 with 4043 viewsLblock

I’d love to attending loads of events and spend all four days toasting Madge but alas not to be.

This’ll never be repeated and I actually think we should’ve made MORE of this as a country than I feel we have.
Happy to have seen a bit of todays stuff around Hyde Park (post trooping of the colour) by default due to travelling back from an appointment up there. Also buzzed up to see the Red Arroogo overhead.

Hoping for decent weather next 3 days so festivities all go off well. I’m hoping to show up at our street party, especially as I helped a bit to organise it!

Cheers to HRH

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 14:25 - Jun 2 with 3999 viewskropotkin41

Nope. Fill in your own rant here. I just deleted mine.

4.5m kids in poverty in these countries of ours. 2.5m people using foodbanks. Old ladies riding buses to save on heating. I call this nationalist party shameless, and I wouldn't cross the street to p*ss on a member of the Royal Family if they were on fire.

Enjoy the long weekend, all.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Jubilee on 14:44 - Jun 2 with 3941 viewsBoston

Unlikely, even though myself and Her Majesty are in it, I’d personally give more credit to Adam Ant and Toyah Wilcox.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jubilee on 14:58 - Jun 2 with 3905 viewsizlingtonhoop

Jubilee on 14:13 - Jun 2 by Lblock

I’d love to attending loads of events and spend all four days toasting Madge but alas not to be.

This’ll never be repeated and I actually think we should’ve made MORE of this as a country than I feel we have.
Happy to have seen a bit of todays stuff around Hyde Park (post trooping of the colour) by default due to travelling back from an appointment up there. Also buzzed up to see the Red Arroogo overhead.

Hoping for decent weather next 3 days so festivities all go off well. I’m hoping to show up at our street party, especially as I helped a bit to organise it!

Cheers to HRH

"This'll never be repeated"

Could say the same for smallpox.

Hooray for feudalism.

No thanks
Jubilee on 14:58 - Jun 2 with 3905 viewsQPR_John

Jubilee on 14:25 - Jun 2 by kropotkin41

Nope. Fill in your own rant here. I just deleted mine.

4.5m kids in poverty in these countries of ours. 2.5m people using foodbanks. Old ladies riding buses to save on heating. I call this nationalist party shameless, and I wouldn't cross the street to p*ss on a member of the Royal Family if they were on fire.

Enjoy the long weekend, all.

So 4.5m kids out of poverty, no need for food banks, old ladies not needing to save on heating and all we have to do is get rid of the monarchy.
Jubilee on 15:17 - Jun 2 with 3850 viewsQPRSteve

Can't stand the Royal Family. The fawning that was on display on TV this morning was vomit inducing.
Jubilee on 15:27 - Jun 2 with 3817 viewsHAYESBOY

Not for me. Nothing against them, but all this we look up to them for moral guidance shite is annoying.
I just think of them as tourist attractions really. Oh and they are good for the odd Bank Holiday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Jubilee on 15:53 - Jun 2 with 3740 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jubilee on 14:58 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

So 4.5m kids out of poverty, no need for food banks, old ladies not needing to save on heating and all we have to do is get rid of the monarchy.

No one has said this.
Jubilee on 15:53 - Jun 2 with 3738 viewsted_hendrix

The sooner all of this huge extended family are gathered up and put on what is laughingly known as the royal train or royal yacht or royal bloody plane and dispatched to a galaxy far, far away the bloody better.

They are obscene and cringeworthy, never mind though eh? all you royalist's keep bowing and curtsying if It makes you feel good.

Jubilee my arse-get f ucked.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jubilee on 16:00 - Jun 2 with 3706 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

LfW, you continue to surprise me!
Jubilee on 16:15 - Jun 2 with 3654 viewskropotkin41

straw man
noun
1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Jubilee on 16:18 - Jun 2 with 3641 viewsLblock

Jubilee on 16:00 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

LfW, you continue to surprise me!

Never surprises me!

I’ll put a few extra plastic union jacks up for those who don’t feel they can

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 17:00 - Jun 2 with 3528 viewsdmm

I am absolutely against any form of monarchy. Its history, including in this country, is just a list of oppression, appropriation, war and privilege. That it exists in the 21st century is utterly ludicrous. Future generations will look back in disbelief that we allowed it to continue for so long.
Jubilee on 17:00 - Jun 2 with 3529 viewsstowmarketrange

I will wait for her 80th year on the throne before I put the flags out.While I don’t have a problem with the immediate royal family,I do have a problem with some muppet owning 1700 acres of the UK because their ancestors decided to favour one side in a battle fought centuries ago.
I’m ok with self made millionaires,within reason,but not the privileged elite who have lived off the backs of their serfs for over a 1000 years.
Bring on the revolution.
Jubilee on 17:08 - Jun 2 with 3506 viewsEsox_Lucius

It would be a good start. Recouping the money stolen by Dido Harding would be another helpful boost towards easing the poverty in the UK.

The grass is always greener.

Jubilee on 17:21 - Jun 2 with 3472 viewsMedwayR

For a supposedly developed and forward-thinking country, which is what we try to claim, that prides itself on everyone supposedly being equal (yeah right, I know) having a royal family playing by a different set of rules rather flies in the face of this. In this day and age there is no place for the royal family, they should be abolished and hopefully will be when the queen dies.

Poll: Who’s better?

Jubilee on 17:31 - Jun 2 with 3434 viewsDaBurgh

In june(ish) of 1981while exiting Selfridge on my lunch break I was accosted by some or other journalist collecting sound bites on the upcoming marriage of Chuck and Di. I lied and said that I was so swept away by the patriotism surging around the country, and that the dizzying heights of my euphoria caused me to purchase a memorial tea towel.
He ignored me and moved on to some one else.
I no longer live in the UK.
Jubilee on 17:40 - Jun 2 with 3402 viewsSonofpugwash

Just like The Millennium,get royally pizzed and next day proclaim "Jeez,that's the last Platinum Jubilee I go to."

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jubilee on 17:43 - Jun 2 with 3393 viewsngbqpr

Enjoying this welcome surge of republican sentiment - but wondering if it's because all the LFW royalists are at street parties.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jubilee on 18:03 - Jun 2 with 3337 viewsdezzar

Stuff the Jubilee
Jubilee on 18:04 - Jun 2 with 3333 viewsstowmarketrange

Jubilee on 17:31 - Jun 2 by DaBurgh

In june(ish) of 1981while exiting Selfridge on my lunch break I was accosted by some or other journalist collecting sound bites on the upcoming marriage of Chuck and Di. I lied and said that I was so swept away by the patriotism surging around the country, and that the dizzying heights of my euphoria caused me to purchase a memorial tea towel.
He ignored me and moved on to some one else.
I no longer live in the UK.

I was in Florida when the wedding was on in 1981,and the yanks lapped it all up.I went back in April the following year and the Falklands war broke out while I was there.Anything to avoid conscription over here.
Jubilee on 18:45 - Jun 2 with 3238 viewsGloryHunter

Excellent book that exposes the Royals in all their money-grabbing nastiness. Ideal ammunition for chucking at royalist sycophants:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Do-You-royal-family/dp/1785906216/ref=asc_df_17859
Jubilee on 18:47 - Jun 2 with 3233 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jubilee on 16:18 - Jun 2 by Lblock

Never surprises me!

I’ll put a few extra plastic union jacks up for those who don’t feel they can

Make sure you use lube!
Jubilee on 18:54 - Jun 2 with 3208 viewsstevec

God save the Queen.

In 1977 I was more interested in the sex pistols but 45 years on I fully appreciate our Monarchy.

Why? Because we can all guess the alternative. Some on here would love it but do you really think we need a President Blair, Johnson or Khan, because that’s what we’d get in it’s place, another layer of bloody politics.

Anyway, got to get away, the son in law has set up the beer tent for the street party and I’m going to get pissed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024