Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye bye Johnson 09:24 - Jul 7 with 45820 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hope it don't mean we get a points deduction
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:28 - Jul 7 with 2181 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:48 - Jul 7 by Maggsinho

Ted Heath was the last PM to enter and exit Number 10 by general election.

Wow!

That's an amazing fact.

Leaving aside today's developments (for Clive's sake, if nothing else), I find it amazing that the citizens of any country don't get consulted on a change of PM. After all, the ruling party/parties have a mandate after a General Election that clearly includes their leader being the PM. When that changes, their mandate disappears.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:29 - Jul 7 with 2174 viewsNorthernr

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:27 - Jul 7 by Guppy

Meanwhile in another part of the country a heartbroken Nadine sobs into her Boris print pillow case

A vacuous waste so useless her one desire in life is to shag Boris Johnson, a man who literally walks around making a thrusting motion slapping his balls against anything that gets in the way, and she can't even manage that.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:30 - Jul 7 with 2160 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:18 - Jul 7 by dutch

How is Johnson not 'the establishment'? He is just the kind of arrogant, entitled, upper class pranet anybody growing up in West London knows all too well. A hooray bluffer who can't dress himself properly and can't keep it in his trousers. He's a serial shagger who has now right royally rogered the nation, leaving us with a bastard child known as Brexit who is going to cost us all a fortune in maintenance.

There was a small matter of a referendum. Unless you are saying Johnson should have ignored it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:31]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:30 - Jul 7 with 2159 viewsjoe90

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:27 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

Yes you are. Johnson was not elected as PM but as an MP. As he led the party that could command a majority in the house after the election he became PM.

I re-read your comment, I get what you're saying.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:41 - Jul 7 with 2084 viewsdutch

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:30 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

There was a small matter of a referendum. Unless you are saying Johnson should have ignored it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:31]

It was Johnson more than anybody who lied and manipulated to win that referendum. Even though he only chose Brexit as a career move .
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:45 - Jul 7 with 2061 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:28 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Wow!

That's an amazing fact.

Leaving aside today's developments (for Clive's sake, if nothing else), I find it amazing that the citizens of any country don't get consulted on a change of PM. After all, the ruling party/parties have a mandate after a General Election that clearly includes their leader being the PM. When that changes, their mandate disappears.

That is an interesting argument and has some merit but how would it be implemented. An election as now to get constituency MP's followed by an election for the PM. Surely he or she would have to belong to the party with the majority in which case would the electorate get a list of candidates chosen by that party. Who would vote. People who did not vote for that party would surly vote for the worse candidate to hinder said party.

What if an hung parliament. Would every party put forward a candidate for PM. Leading possibly to a situation where the elected PM did not enjoy the confidence of the house and thus not be able to get his or her policies through

Voting directly for a PM has many problems in our system and can only really make sense in a presidential system

Its not just a simple idea of lets elect the PM it would take a fundamental change to our system to a presidential system

What about when an MP crosses the house should there be a by-election.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:48 - Jul 7 with 2034 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:41 - Jul 7 by dutch

It was Johnson more than anybody who lied and manipulated to win that referendum. Even though he only chose Brexit as a career move .

You have little faith in the British public. Maybe there should be some kind of test that you need to take and those that fail are disenfranchised
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:51]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:50 - Jul 7 with 2015 viewsozexile

How absolutely ludicrous that he's just resigned but is filling cabinet posts. He can't be allowed to stay on. Get out now.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:51 - Jul 7 with 2010 viewsslmrstid

"What about when an MP crosses the house should there be a by-election."

Its an interesting question this and I'm not sure I know exactly what I think in this situation.

People who voted Conservative, Conservative wins, ends up joining Labour (like the guy in Bury(?) recently) - on a party basis I'd argue yes there should be.

If they're voting for them for the person ahead of party, then arguably there should not be a by-election as its the same person.

Tricky question.

Re Boris, now its being reported he's appointed a new cabinet, and he's not actually resigned yet, I'm still not convinced he'll actually go.

And him being reported in the papers telling everyone he has a "huge mandate" from the population is exactly the sort of deliberate misinformation to keep himself in power that will confuse people as already seen in this thread about how the election of a Prime Minister actually works in this country.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:52 - Jul 7 with 2000 viewsessextaxiboy

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:10 - Jul 7 by TheChef

Oh goody, we get another unelected Prime Minister for a while.

Surely in these situations, as soon as that person is appointed there should be a general election?

Democracy my ar$e.

He isn’t a President , we elect a party he just happens to be their leader .
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:54 - Jul 7 with 1983 viewsessextaxiboy

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:46 - Jul 7 by johann28

Agree, but that's not exactly news, is it? Those who voted for him (both Conservative MPs and the general public) put him where he is knowing full well what sort of person they were getting.

The alternative was Corbyn . That was the key reason IMO
Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:58 - Jul 7 with 1958 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:51 - Jul 7 by slmrstid

"What about when an MP crosses the house should there be a by-election."

Its an interesting question this and I'm not sure I know exactly what I think in this situation.

People who voted Conservative, Conservative wins, ends up joining Labour (like the guy in Bury(?) recently) - on a party basis I'd argue yes there should be.

If they're voting for them for the person ahead of party, then arguably there should not be a by-election as its the same person.

Tricky question.

Re Boris, now its being reported he's appointed a new cabinet, and he's not actually resigned yet, I'm still not convinced he'll actually go.

And him being reported in the papers telling everyone he has a "huge mandate" from the population is exactly the sort of deliberate misinformation to keep himself in power that will confuse people as already seen in this thread about how the election of a Prime Minister actually works in this country.

I think its rarely the person being voted for more the party. Even an independent belongs to the "none of the above" party.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:04 - Jul 7 with 1898 viewsLogman

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:30 - Jul 7 by stevec

With Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and more than half the Tory party wanting to stay in the EU, he’s been on a hiding to nothing amongst what you might loosely term, the Establishment.

Unfortunately he’s given them enough ammunition to bring him down over a sustained period, so had to go. It’s hard to make a case for any of his prospective predecessors, even Zahawi has had fraud investigations.

I wish we could be sure Starmer is honest but you just know he’ll use a Lib Dem/SNP pact to hold power and no doubt take us back in the EU by the back door.

Doesn’t matter who we elect they’re all a shower.

I would have thought getting back into Europe was a good thing. If Starmer had his wits about him he'd make it part of his manifesto. I'll be basing my vote on whoever will consider getting us back into Europe and I imagine that there'd now be a majority in favour of this too.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:05 - Jul 7 with 1891 viewsslmrstid

Nicely done for 36 hours in post...
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:05 - Jul 7 with 1887 viewsessextaxiboy

Not going to get bogged down in politics thread , but as someone who voted to leave the EU he gets placed with Farage in the useful idiots pile .

Now we can move on and make it work properly and respectfully . We need honesty and time to assess its success . 7 months of Johnson hasn’t given us that .

Penny Mordaunt would be my choice … end
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:15 - Jul 7 with 1827 viewsLandshark

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:05 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

Not going to get bogged down in politics thread , but as someone who voted to leave the EU he gets placed with Farage in the useful idiots pile .

Now we can move on and make it work properly and respectfully . We need honesty and time to assess its success . 7 months of Johnson hasn’t given us that .

"we need time to assess its success"

You are going to be waiting a long time before you see any success. Currently costing the UK £100 billion a year but by all means keep your hope there.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:18 - Jul 7 with 1805 viewsMiss_Terraces

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:05 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

This country is in a complete and utter mess, the only person I could see doing a half decent job is Mick Lynch

I know he is not an mp, therein lies the problem

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:24 - Jul 7 with 1762 viewsessextaxiboy

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:15 - Jul 7 by Landshark

"we need time to assess its success"

You are going to be waiting a long time before you see any success. Currently costing the UK £100 billion a year but by all means keep your hope there.

It’s only been 7 months after a worldwide pandemic with a war in Europe . All facts rather than forecasts .

If we at 3 down at Blackburn in 10 min are we going down ?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 12:25]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:28 - Jul 7 with 1739 viewsBucksRanger

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:18 - Jul 7 by Miss_Terraces

This country is in a complete and utter mess, the only person I could see doing a half decent job is Mick Lynch

Ian Holloway for me. He'd be an interesting Prime Minister.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:29 - Jul 7 with 1733 viewsdutch

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:48 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

You have little faith in the British public. Maybe there should be some kind of test that you need to take and those that fail are disenfranchised
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:51]

Being seduced and then shafted by a charming, bumbling blonde toff could happen to the best of us. Unfortunately though those who fell for his self serving lies and bluster have landed us all in schtook.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:33 - Jul 7 with 1698 viewsQPR_Hibs

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:18 - Jul 7 by Miss_Terraces

Mick Lynch wouldn't want to take the pay cut.

****ducks****

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:37 - Jul 7 with 1670 viewsLandshark

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:24 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

It’s only been 7 months after a worldwide pandemic with a war in Europe . All facts rather than forecasts .

If we at 3 down at Blackburn in 10 min are we going down ?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 12:25]

Every other country in the G20 have had the same pandemic, the same war in Europe yet ALL other countries in the G20 will have higher growth than the UK.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:44 - Jul 7 with 1630 viewsJuzzie

BJ on tv now waffling on as usual. Started off by saying why he has resisted so strongly the last few days because he wants to get the job done, deliver the mandate blah blah blah.

What he seems to fail to realise (or doesn't want to admit to) is that he's being ousted as a result of a succession of lies, mismanagement, lies, failures, and more lies.

Then he waffled on about what a success the 2019 election was, getting Brexit done, success with covid (seriously?), Ukraine, levelling up in the UK (again, seriously?) etc etc etc. Spent more time doing what sounded like an election campaign than why he's standing down.

No hint of apology or responsibility. Utterly shameless man.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:46 - Jul 7 with 1613 viewswood_hoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:48 - Jul 7 with 1602 viewsT_Block

I believe the people voted boris in ,because of what he said, not the conservative party so I see this essentially as a remainer coup.

iF Starmer is true to his word and doesn't do a Theresa May re Brexit in name only (BRINO)Labour can win.NHS needs spending.

I loved it when the oligarchy which is the London retainer elite got trounced in the last general election.Our politicians should always be afraid of the people.

I really dislike their smug entitled rich attitudes,their second homes in france,and pride in buying everything german.

Voters should decide governments not wa***rs behind closed doors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024