Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Beale — Patreon 08:07 - Jul 13 with 19428 viewsNorthernr

Michael Beale interview is up.

Free to read here...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58012

Or listen by sticking a couple of quid into the Patreon...

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:34 - Jul 13 with 9352 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Outstanding interview, Clive. I think you got absolutely everything in.

My favourite line after only one read and no listen as yet was this:

"Jake and Kennth identified by myself. The nice thing was the club had 20-25 reports on both already from Andy Belk, his staff and Les. When I came in I said ‘I’d like to bring Jake Clarke-Salter in as the first signing, like, now’ and they said ‘brilliant, he’s on our radar as well, do you think we can get him?’ We met with the player, presented where we thought he was in his career, what we expect from him, where we see him aligning with us and the boy either likes us or doesn’t."

Love that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:35 - Jul 13 with 9363 viewsMaggsinho

That's a great listen Clive, he comes across really well.

I'm slightly concerned about his aversion to sixteenth though - has anyone told him?
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:39 - Jul 13 with 9326 viewsSydneyRs

If he's half as good as he sounds we're in for a treat. Seems like a perfect fit.

So sacked by November
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:43 - Jul 13 with 9318 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Great piece as always!

I think from day one he has come across really well and i like that. It seams very quickly he has a good understanding of the club and the constraints but also a conviction that he can make us better, which is really reassuring.

I like his comments about Armstrong, Arkell and Gubbins possibly suprised that SDM and Bettache arent in that group but maybe they are the ones that need loans?

All in all a really good interview and lots to be possitive about.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:46 - Jul 13 with 9289 viewsTonto

thank you Clive - interesting read.

I would be interested in your opinion of his character now you have met him, particularly in comparison to previous managers - did you get a good feeling, did he sound confident? the words sound good, but there is also the way he says them...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:50 - Jul 13 with 9265 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

He clearly IS the new Messiah. Hopefully.
His passion, focus and clarity are inspiring.
Over to the squad then…

Phil_i_P

Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:59 - Jul 13 with 9187 viewsTheChef

Thanks so much Clive.

Good grief, he comes across as far too sensible, open and ambitious.

It's the hope that kills you!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:02 - Jul 13 with 9168 viewsngbqpr

I like the cut of his j-i-b.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:14 - Jul 13 with 9103 viewsNW10Hoop

Feel much better about things after listening to that

Knew he was highly rated but can start to understand why after a longer form interview with someone asking the questions we all want asked.

Great interview!
Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:21 - Jul 13 with 9043 viewsAntti_Heinola

Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:39 - Jul 13 by SydneyRs

If he's half as good as he sounds we're in for a treat. Seems like a perfect fit.

So sacked by November

Was going to post something very similar Sydney. It's scary how good he sounds. So scary I think we'll get relegated.

Bare bones.

Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 8876 viewsrobith

Not that it's a guaranteed success, but he's an impressive guy isn't he

I feel like with all the info we have available to us, he was definitely the best appointment we could've made. Feels like he totally understands the assignment, and it feels like an evolution of what we built under Warbz rather than a bathwater appointment
Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 8846 viewsdannyblue

Great interview. Thank you. He does come across really well. He seems realistic, has a plan, and can communicate.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:07 - Jul 13 with 8803 viewsdaveB

Oh god I really like him and can feel myself getting optimistic again, this never ends well

Brilliant as ever Clive
Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:12 - Jul 13 with 8764 viewsted_hendrix

I'd like to think that If any of our playing squad didn't want to listen and/or learn from this bloke then maybe they shouldn't be here, I'm quite sure that's not the case though.

It's all new to me and it all kicks off soon so we'll see but Redknapp he aint thank gawd.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 8659 viewsterryb

I thought that you're interviews with MW were very good Clive, but this has raised the bar by a distance!

MB was very forthcoming & I was impressed by his explanation as to why Armstrong was not in Germany. It made so much sense, but I doubt that any of us would have given it consideration.

It will take more than one reading/listening to absorb all of his replies, but I certainly liked (agreed) with him about how Blackburn, 'boro won't be overjoyed at having to face us early in the season. And his answers to why Queens Park Rangers were fascinating & not just saying words that he thought would be liked.

Sheer brilliancy Sir!
Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:56 - Jul 13 with 8443 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

His sense of humour is an upgrade on Mark Warburton if nothing else.

I liked what he said about finding out the tactics other teams used against us last season. Seems like a sensible approach.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:01 - Jul 13 with 8405 viewsJames_Paddocks

We're in safe hands, aren't we?

I thought the club was in a complete mess after the Warbs departure, but couldn't be more wrong.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:12 - Jul 13 with 8359 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Superb Clive

Thanks for this

Mick is a straight shooter - clear thinker, clear communicator, doesn't want to be second best, understands we have a decent first team but squad depth is not there.
It was almost like going back to when Venables was our manager.

Loved it

Cheers
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:17 - Jul 13 with 8320 viewsSydneyRs

Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:21 - Jul 13 by Antti_Heinola

Was going to post something very similar Sydney. It's scary how good he sounds. So scary I think we'll get relegated.

Indeed. As we know, we aren't allowed nice things.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:18 - Jul 13 with 8317 viewsgazza1

Beale talks a very good game indeed and that is all it is atm.......if he can get through to the players then we are in safe hands. My glass is half full.

Thanks for the insight.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:33 - Jul 13 with 8200 viewsjoe90

Good read.

I liked the point about players facing forward, seems obvious, but an interesting insight into the detail of his coaching.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:36 - Jul 13 with 8183 viewsNorthernr

The legend that is Dave Barton has done some video for us on this one as well. Clips below, we're working on getting the full version onto the Patreon....

Dave did this overnight after I'd dropped him on it at 6pm last night, and when flying out on holiday Thursday, so massive thanks from us all for that. Above and beyond behaviour.

Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:39 - Jul 13 with 8150 viewsGalileo

A breath of fresh air, willing to work with what he has inherited.

My favourite line.... If you go into a club and start asking about how much you’ve got to spend then it’s clear you’re not thinking about working with the people who are there.

That's so true, isn't a managers job to manage the players available not constantly bemoan a lack of investment ? Too many of that type out there, hat's off to the board for finding and appointing.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 12:49 - Jul 13 with 8028 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The videos are great.

The main reason I always listen to these interviews as well as read them is that I find it helps to understand the mood of the interviewees, the emphasis they put on certan words etc.

The videos are another step up again.

Great work Dave!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:24 - Jul 13 with 7735 viewsRangersw12

Excellent interview as always

Only just thought of a question and it would have been along the lines if us being quiet team and has he come across that in training and is it something that needs addressing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024