Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Beale — Patreon 08:07 - Jul 13 with 19792 viewsNorthernr

Michael Beale interview is up.

Free to read here...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58012

Or listen by sticking a couple of quid into the Patreon...

https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords
Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:00 - Jul 14 with 4902 viewsAntti_Heinola

Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:59 - Jul 14 by francisbowles

What a great interview! Thank you Clive and Mick Beale. Positive, positive, positive.

I liked everything he said, I was quite surprised when he stated 'I had quite a sizeable buy-out from the contract' but after hearing him throughout the interview, I can quite understand why we stretched the budget to get him as opposed to others who would have probably been cheaper options.

I was also quite surprised when he spoke about Glasgow and revealed that in 2018 they had a similar sized budget to the one he now has to work with. He then outlined who they signed and that then they made a plan to make it work.

He seemed to have quite a different take on experience. 'How many Championship games do you have to play to be classed as ‘experienced’?'. That's a view that contrasts to MW's words and indeed Clive's and many of us who have bought into the 150 game benchmark.

I've listened to it and scanned the beginning of the written part but will watch it later today. I'm really looking forward to the season. Got our Palace tickets yesterday!

i read that 'experienced' bit as about the same as 150 games. He was talking about players in the 24-26 range.

Bare bones.

Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:16 - Jul 14 with 4814 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:00 - Jul 14 by Antti_Heinola

i read that 'experienced' bit as about the same as 150 games. He was talking about players in the 24-26 range.

Yes, I think it's much the same i.e 40-60 Championship games will most likely mean 100-150 appreances in total.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michael Beale — Patreon on 15:08 - Jul 14 with 4620 viewsPinnerPaul

Michael Beale — Patreon on 19:40 - Jul 13 by eastside_r

Excellent stuff. If he manages the team half as well as the game he talks, we’ve got a good one here.

One disappointment, he did nor mug off the interviewer like the previous incumbent. (Only kidding, obvs.)

I thought he offered a Clive a job there at one stage!
Michael Beale — Patreon on 15:12 - Jul 14 with 4586 viewsPinnerPaul

Michael Beale — Patreon on 00:21 - Jul 14 by Myke

Cheers Clive - fantastic in-depth interview. You could analyse it forever but for me, the most telling remarks he made were when he made a clear distinction between been results happy and performance happy. We had said ourselves on numerous occasions that we had 'ground out' a result or we had 'won ugly' I guess we all got a bit carried away with the euphoria of last gasp winners or equalisers but we knew at the same time we were not playing particularly well. If I was honest, only Middlesbrough away and Reading at home were the two games when I felt we were in charge of the whole game. It's good to see Beale recognise and hopefully address this if the situation arises. As he said the time to fix a leaking roof is a sunny day not a wet one.

except.....its more difficult to spot a leaking roof on a sunny day - that's the crux of his job I guess.
He alluded to that in another interview - said Rangers (I think it was) had just qualified for the next round in Europe after a great 2nd leg, first thing SG said to the players afterwards was about one or two things that had happened at training the week before that he wasn't happy with!

I guess its that sort of thing he means.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 15:44 - Jul 14 with 4504 viewsfrancisbowles

Michael Beale — Patreon on 13:00 - Jul 14 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, you are probably correct. I just looked up Jimmy Dunne and he has played about 130 senior games, including 21 at National league level.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 16:32 - Jul 14 with 4410 viewsthehat

Brilliant Clive - Great interview and video.

I feel a little more relaxed now after watching that.

I was very concerned beforehand that we had nothing more than a good number 2 who like many others is not capable of stepping up to the top job.

Putting the cones out and taking training sessions is completely different to managing players and egos.

When you are 2 v 0 down at half time away from home up North in the pissing rain and need a reaction it's a completely different set of skills required.

I must admit I quite liked what I saw on the video - quite reassuring.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:07 - Jul 14 with 4332 viewsHarbour

Nice interview Clive he really does talk well full of enthusiasm but realistic as well. I just hope he is as good as he talks. Shaping up to be an interesting season let’s hope he gets the 3 other signing's he
Is after as we look a bit a light at the moment.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:49 - Jul 14 with 4258 viewsTacticalR

Michael Beale — Patreon on 00:21 - Jul 14 by Myke

Cheers Clive - fantastic in-depth interview. You could analyse it forever but for me, the most telling remarks he made were when he made a clear distinction between been results happy and performance happy. We had said ourselves on numerous occasions that we had 'ground out' a result or we had 'won ugly' I guess we all got a bit carried away with the euphoria of last gasp winners or equalisers but we knew at the same time we were not playing particularly well. If I was honest, only Middlesbrough away and Reading at home were the two games when I felt we were in charge of the whole game. It's good to see Beale recognise and hopefully address this if the situation arises. As he said the time to fix a leaking roof is a sunny day not a wet one.

Prediction League winner cheesy made a similar point about our season:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/285417/4466976/pr

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:56 - Jul 14 with 4234 viewsPunteR

I read that and finished it thinking I now know a bit more about football. ;)
Very clear,very easy to understand and keeps it simple really.-
"When you defend you try and control space and when you attack you try and open it.".
I can imagine the players are loving his coaching sessions.
Reassuring to know his aim and priority is challenging promotion and a top half finish a minimum. We need to build on last season.
Thanks Clive , very insightful interview.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Michael Beale — Patreon on 18:33 - Jul 14 with 4166 viewsdmm

Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:56 - Jul 14 by PunteR

"When you defend you try and control space and when you attack you try and open it.".
Reassuring to know his aim and priority is challenging promotion and a top half finish a minimum. We need to build on last season.

I thought that quote was interesting too. It's a different perspective on football; for me at any rate.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 20:16 - Jul 14 with 4042 viewsqueensparker

A great interview and like a lot of others has calmed my nerves.

For me Warbs left big shoes to fill around the club, not only on the pitch but in his whole air of professionalism, intelligence, man and media management, there’s so much more to being a manager these days. It does feel like young Mick has got that in him too.

I really liked the way he referenced specific players and what they can do throughout. Plus a bit of humour in that steel.

God only knows how it will play out on the pitch but it’s left me feeling really optimistic
Michael Beale — Patreon on 21:17 - Jul 14 with 3949 viewsdmm

I do hope he keeps us updated on plans for the diet.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 22:02 - Jul 14 with 3906 viewsTacticalR

Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:56 - Jul 14 by PunteR

I believe this is the Cruyffian tradition of Dutch football. Northernr mentioned in his first article about Beale that Beale is an admirer of Cruyff. This is from the chapter 'Dutch space is different' in David Winner's Brilliant Orange:

'Space is the unique defining element of Dutch football. Other nations and football cultures may have produced greater goalscorers, more dazzling individual ball-artists and more dependable and efficient tournament-winning teams. But no one has ever imagined or structured their play as abstractly, as architecturally, in such a measured fashion as the Dutch.

Total Football was built on a new theory of flexible space. Just as Cornelis Lely in the nineteenth century conceived and executed the idea of creating giant new polders and altering the physical dimensions of Holland by dike-building and exploiting the new technology of steam, so Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff exploited the capacities of a new breed of players to change the dimensions of the football field. Total Football was, among other things, a conceptual revolution based on the idea that the size of any football field was flexible and could be altered by a team playing on it. In possession, Ajax — and later the Dutch national team — aimed to make the pitch as large as possible, spreading play to the wings and seeing every run and movement as a way to increase and exploit the available space. When they lost the ball, the same thinking and techniques were used to destroy the space of their opponents. They pressed deep into the other side’s half, hunting for the ball, defended a line ten yards inside their own half, and used the offside trap aggressively to squeeze space further.'

Air hostess clique

Michael Beale — Patreon on 01:21 - Jul 15 with 3759 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Michael Beale — Patreon on 21:34 - Jul 13 by Northernr

If you’ve got a Patreon sub the full video is up now.

Superb video i must confess to really enjoying the posotive attitude MB has towards us and our outlook going forward .He could be the one to bring QPR back up or into the playoffs at least .
First time putting a face to your name Clive a lot younger that I expected .What happened to the hair
Michael Beale — Patreon on 01:34 - Jul 15 with 3756 viewsLoftgirl

Michael Beale — Patreon on 22:02 - Jul 14 by TacticalR

I believe this is the Cruyffian tradition of Dutch football. Northernr mentioned in his first article about Beale that Beale is an admirer of Cruyff. This is from the chapter 'Dutch space is different' in David Winner's Brilliant Orange:

'Space is the unique defining element of Dutch football. Other nations and football cultures may have produced greater goalscorers, more dazzling individual ball-artists and more dependable and efficient tournament-winning teams. But no one has ever imagined or structured their play as abstractly, as architecturally, in such a measured fashion as the Dutch.

Total Football was built on a new theory of flexible space. Just as Cornelis Lely in the nineteenth century conceived and executed the idea of creating giant new polders and altering the physical dimensions of Holland by dike-building and exploiting the new technology of steam, so Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff exploited the capacities of a new breed of players to change the dimensions of the football field. Total Football was, among other things, a conceptual revolution based on the idea that the size of any football field was flexible and could be altered by a team playing on it. In possession, Ajax — and later the Dutch national team — aimed to make the pitch as large as possible, spreading play to the wings and seeing every run and movement as a way to increase and exploit the available space. When they lost the ball, the same thinking and techniques were used to destroy the space of their opponents. They pressed deep into the other side’s half, hunting for the ball, defended a line ten yards inside their own half, and used the offside trap aggressively to squeeze space further.'

Tell us more about the dike-building. 😎
Michael Beale — Patreon on 06:29 - Jul 15 with 3680 viewsNorthernr

Michael Beale — Patreon on 01:21 - Jul 15 by CLAREMAN1995

Superb video i must confess to really enjoying the posotive attitude MB has towards us and our outlook going forward .He could be the one to bring QPR back up or into the playoffs at least .
First time putting a face to your name Clive a lot younger that I expected .What happened to the hair

QPR.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:39 - Jul 15 with 3424 viewsBklynRanger

Have listened to this a couple of times now - quality stuff.

You can see why they were keen on getting him in - talk about ticking the boxes. I've been thinking for a while that the Blackburn game may be putting two interviewees against each other, if the odds and stories about Tomasson were to be believed.

Also shows the importance of Heston not just in attracting players, but also certain managers/coaches - he may well not have fancied the job enough without that.

He can talk but he also seems pretty decisive in his assessments - very interesting hearing about the 3 he wants to keep around the team and he could probably give you half an hour on each player as to why.

So all very impressive at this point - I'm going to work on channeling my inner Mick Beale, starting next week obviously. Or the week after.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 10:35 - Jul 15 with 3320 viewsTacticalR

Michael Beale — Patreon on 01:34 - Jul 15 by Loftgirl

Tell us more about the dike-building. 😎

All I know is that if it goes wrong you have to put your finger in.

Air hostess clique

Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:09 - Jul 15 with 3253 viewsdaveinmelbourne

How bloody impressive was that?
When’s the last time we had a young impressive coach who wants to make his mark on the game? 😉
Fingers crossed fellas!
Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:34 - Jul 15 with 3191 viewskernowhoop

Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:09 - Jul 15 by daveinmelbourne

How bloody impressive was that?
When’s the last time we had a young impressive coach who wants to make his mark on the game? 😉
Fingers crossed fellas!

I remember him, but he left to run Barcelona.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 17:05 - Jul 15 with 2843 viewslarsricchi

Clive, I finally got round to listening to the interview yesterday while walking my avatar. It was a wonderful soundtrack for the stroll. I found myself optimistic after listening to his confident, well-reasoned responses. He even made me feel ok about Barbet's departure, which bothered me greatly just a few weeks ago. Get that bit of squad depth (that he seems confident we'll get) and a good campaign could (should?) be in store.
Michael Beale — Patreon on 09:28 - Jul 16 with 2370 viewsqpr1976

Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:56 - Jul 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

His sense of humour is an upgrade on Mark Warburton if nothing else.

I liked what he said about finding out the tactics other teams used against us last season. Seems like a sensible approach.

I’d Love to know the specifics in the answers he got about us in those conversations……?
Michael Beale — Patreon on 08:45 - Jul 18 with 1651 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Michael Beale — Patreon on 11:34 - Jul 15 by kernowhoop

I remember him, but he left to run Barcelona.

That’s right, and I’m sure he said he wasn’t going anywhere as we all stood on the pitch . Again, fingers crossed mate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024