Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP 17:21 - Jul 15 with 2936 viewskensalriser

Sad news at a shockingly young 58. Coincidentally I'm currently reading Chris Frantz's autobiography (Talking Heads/Tom Tom Club) and he devotes a chapter to the shambles that was the recording of the Mondays third album in Barbados which he and Tina Weymouth produced.

They weren't my favourite band, but they were kind of unique and did have a good tune or two.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 19:01]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 17:34 - Jul 15 with 2855 viewsDiscodroids

And I wrote for luck.
And they sent me you.

Lost in Bass. RIP Paul Ryder.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 18:58 - Jul 15 with 2675 viewsPunteR

They caned it back in the 80s and 90s . We all did ,didn't we?.
Pills 'N' Thrills.
RIP Paul Ryder

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 19:28 - Jul 15 with 2629 viewsLblock

Jesus H ‘Kin Christ!!!
Only just seen this

80’s & 90’s….. just fun times.

RIP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 19:29 - Jul 15 with 2628 viewsqpr1976

As much of a shambles as any bunch of junkies in the sun could rustle up.
Poor album as a result too.

Talking Heads, now there’s a Great band. Read the drummer’s book. It’s a bit bland and he does come across as a bit privileged, who digs out Byrne at most opportunities but Really loves his wife.
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 19:48 - Jul 15 with 2585 viewsDiscodroids

Saw them at the fag end of '93 after the 'Yes Please' fiasco. Bez was in his sling shaking his marracas with all the gusto of Nancy Spungen in her skag death throes in room 1oo of the Chelsea hotel.

The band were snarling at each other In 1000 yard stare freebase comedowns. the party was over.

The Concrete asphalt jungle white boy funk and Tony Wilson godfather Hacienda edge had long gone down the armitage shanks shitter. I was standing next to Kevin Rowland who offered me £80 for me Red Or Dead Engllsh Passport t shirt inbetween 1o minute intervals of each song while members of The band wandered off stage for blow jobs, pills and Yayo.

They became an Opportunity Knocks pastiche of their former selves. Riding the painted pony for all it was fu ckin' well worth for a few more quid. And Good Luck to them.

A great fuc kin' Band, who never gave a solitary fu ck. It Beats Harry Styles dressed in a dorothy perkins funnel mini skirt.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 20:22]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 20:20 - Jul 15 with 2504 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP.

They really were a mess, but a glorious mess.
Maybe he did well to make it this far, but he never got the hedonistic headlines like Shaun and Bez did so maybe he escaped the worst of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 20:30 - Jul 15 with 2460 viewsDiscodroids

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 20:20 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

RIP.

Maybe he did well to make it this far, but he never got the hedonistic headlines like Shaun and Bez did so maybe he escaped the worst of it.

"....so maybe he escaped the worst of it"

Nice quote Bri.

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 21:00 - Jul 15 with 2371 viewsBoston

Cook, Jones, Monday's, Bigg's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 21:02 - Jul 15 with 2372 viewsNed_Kennedys

RIP.

RIP Paul, The Mondays were a great British band of their time and place.
Remember a few great nights out in Magaluf and the clubs/bars turning into a heaving mess when Hallelujah or Step On was played.
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 21:58 - Jul 15 with 2277 viewsDiscodroids

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 22:03 - Jul 15 with 2268 viewsMick_S

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 21:58 - Jul 15 by Discodroids

Well, I never knew. Cheers, Glenn.

That is well decent.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 22:03 - Jul 15 with 2268 viewsDiscodroids

According To Bez,in hisBook 'Freaky Dancing', this video was recorded at 2pm on a Monday afternoon...

aside of the brilliant Vince Clarke Mix, The video says it all.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 22:04]

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 23:34 - Jul 15 with 2119 viewseastside_r

True inheritors of the punk attitude just a different musical stylee.

24 hour party people - says it all. No age to go but I am sure a life lived to the max RIP Paul.
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 00:16 - Jul 16 with 2068 viewsBoston

Can't resist...he was at #7 when I rushed up to the High Rd to buy this 45. Still have it here with me in Massachusetts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 01:24 - Jul 16 with 2011 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP they had some good songs.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 08:43 - Jul 16 with 1861 viewsderbyhoop

RIP.

Maybe he didn't.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 09:39 - Jul 16 with 1817 viewsSydneyRs

RIP. The early 90s were great times music wise. My 16 year old son is very good on electric guitar these days and a lot of what they practise are the old 90s songs.

Also wasn't a huge Mondays fan but they were a big part of the landscape back then. Like some of Black Grape's stuff a lot.

Got a bit sick of Step On which was played a lot on TV and radio, but also happened to be the only indie record the terrible DJ at our local club had to put on when we moaned about the relentless chart style rubbish he used to play (think Luther Vandross/Janet Jackson 'best things in life are free' etc).
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 15:49 - Jul 16 with 1658 viewsbollockchops

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 22:03 - Jul 15 by Discodroids

According To Bez,in hisBook 'Freaky Dancing', this video was recorded at 2pm on a Monday afternoon...

aside of the brilliant Vince Clarke Mix, The video says it all.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 22:04]

i was at the making of this video @ legends
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 16:04 - Jul 16 with 1640 viewsLblock

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 15:49 - Jul 16 by bollockchops

i was at the making of this video @ legends

Don’t leave it there man….run down needed!!!

How many pills were floating around?
Did it just turn into a big party?
Was Shaun as nutted as he looks in the video? (I think I can answer that and I wasn’t there)
Much other debauchery?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 16:51 - Jul 16 with 1602 viewsbollockchops

Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 16:04 - Jul 16 by Lblock

Don’t leave it there man….run down needed!!!

How many pills were floating around?
Did it just turn into a big party?
Was Shaun as nutted as he looks in the video? (I think I can answer that and I wasn’t there)
Much other debauchery?

even better was going to Amsterdam with Bez and three coachload of ravers from the Hacienda to the Roxy for a 7th birthday party and then the after party, i met Shaun soon after that in Jersey after he had just been busted at the airport , him n Nathan McGough and i mentioned that id given his cousin Matt n Pat Carroll back to Little Hulton ( the ones who designed all the lp covers } which he then gave me a copy of Bummed and a copy of Electronic which ive just given to my 13 year old daughter
Happy Mondays Paul Ryder RIP on 21:21 - Jul 16 with 1476 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024