Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst film you've ever seen. 23:09 - Jul 18 with 23716 viewsqpr_1968

lake placid.....jesus, what a pile of shite.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:20 - Jul 21 with 2383 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:00 - Jul 20 by Konk

It’s not supposed to be funny - he’s avenging the death of his father. He’s dedicated his entire life to finding and killing the man who murdered his Dad. It’s moving (well, it moves me!)

Each to their own.

First it's funny, now it's not. Like the film, folk appear somewhat undecided. That's the problem with spoof movies for me; they lack identity and therefore authenticity.

I'm probably in a minority but I've never liked 'This is Spinal Tap' for the same reasons. It just did nothing for me and I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Nor any of the Austin Power movies. Or the Scary Movie franchise. IMHO the send up brand of humour is a low form of wit.

Each to their own, indeed. I can't believe that there are some who think that all of the James Bond movies are shit. I disagree but respect their opinion as it's based on their taste.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 13:35]
Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:35 - Jul 21 with 2326 viewsTripper

Lost In Translation
Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:48 - Jul 21 with 2273 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:35 - Jul 21 by Tripper

Lost In Translation

Agree! Unrealistic, pretentious bore-fest that tries to juggle too many genres (is it romance, is it comedy, is it drama?) without excelling in any.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:50 - Jul 21 with 2274 viewsR_from_afar

Worst film you've ever seen. on 20:05 - Jul 19 by ted_hendrix

Rambo (lol) I mean dear me c'mon.

I've already picked two gawd awful films and at the risk of being sent to the naughty room I'm picking another diarrhea laden film yes that's It Rambo (oh my word It was grim).

Ted, I can't agree with you when it comes to the first one, sorry sir.

I always find this speech poignant and really thought-provoking. For me, it covers some pretty serious, real-life issues, like PTSD, the ignominy many of the US soldiers faced back home because the war went so badly, and the difficulty many had adjusting to humdrum civilian jobs after having major responsibilities out in the combat zone.

I sincerely hope none of you have ever had the misfortune to watch this rubbish:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shampoo_(film)

When I looked it up, I was stunned to learn it is meant to be a comedy. I think its crew and cast must have found it funny that punters would waste their time and money on this dross, but then this stuff is subjective. Perhaps I wasn't concentrating and it's actually a masterpiece.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:54 - Jul 21 with 2249 viewsdutch

Truly Madly Deeply. Soppiest, silliest middle class lovie fest ever. Walked out cursing everybody involved in that maudlin, syrupy Hampstead twaddle.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:06 - Jul 21 with 2203 viewsEsox_Lucius

Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:03 - Jul 20 by johann28

Sorry Lucius - I was out of line. I have something of a knee-jerk reaction to those words (as with 'boring') as they tend to be used so lazily by people who've no idea what they're talking about. Operating brain before using mouth has never been one of my strong points. Sincere apologies.

Apology accepted in the spirit it was offered. No problems with you at all.

The grass is always greener.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:45 - Jul 21 with 2105 viewsSonofpugwash

I am Legend.
The book by Richard Matheson was one of the finest works of paranoia ever written.

Will Smith seems to be intent on singlehandedly ruining classic Science Fiction - ditto I Robot.And now he's filming a sequel.Well there wasn't one,the main character Robert Neville in the book is imprisoned awaiting execution and retelling his exploits.
I preferred the (flawed) The Omega Man.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:49 - Jul 21 with 2127 viewsTacticalR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:06 - Jul 21 by Esox_Lucius

Apology accepted in the spirit it was offered. No problems with you at all.

One of the best things about Rambo is the Trumpian sherriff (played by Brian Dennehy), who bites off more than he can chew.

@R_from_afar 'I always find this speech poignant and really thought-provoking. For me, it covers some pretty serious, real-life issues, like PTSD, the ignominy many of the US soldiers faced back home because the war went so badly, and the difficulty many had adjusting to humdrum civilian jobs after having major responsibilities out in the combat zone.'

In that speech Rambo says: 'And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they?'

One documentary that completely undermines the 'Rambo thesis' is 'Sir! No Sir!' which shows the level of opposition to the war within the US army:

Similarly, another myth-busting book, James Loewen's Lies My Teacher Told Me (1995), points out that 'Educated people disproportionately supported the Vietnam War':

'These results (of a January 1971 poll) surprise even some professional social scientists. Twice as high a proportion of college-educated adults, 40 percent, were hawks, compared to only 20 percent of adults with grade school educations. And this poll was no isolated phenomenon. Similar results were registered again and again, in surveys by Harris, NORC, and others. Back in 1965, when only 24 percent of the nation agreed that the United States “made a mistake” in sending troops to Vietnam, 28 percent of the grade school-educated felt so. Later, when less than half of the college-educated adults favored pullout, among the grade school-educated 61 percent did. Throughout our long involvement in Southeast Asia, on issues related to Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, or Laos, the grade school-educated were always the most dovish, the college-educated the most hawkish.'

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:55 - Jul 21 with 2111 viewsDiscodroids

Worst films.......

I could Blitzkrieg Rant for 5 pages like a Wehrmacht Pervitin crazed Oberleutnant in the last days of the bunker on this subject.

I could trip the light fantastique for days on end on shit Films that border on the carcinogenic.

Richard curtis films alter my state of mind like i'm ripped to the tits on Doctor Morell's pharmaceutical cocaine eye drops, sunk to the nuts up Magda Goebbels as we debate hypoxia or opening up radial and ulnar Veins as the best method of suicide as the Red army approach the Führerbunker, while some Anna Scher sTage school Trained Mandarin says 'Fu ckity f uck f uck' in her best Mockney to Hugh Grant dressed in Caharrt Jeans and Pretty Green Gabbici polo shirt.

Fu ck Off.

Rather than Bore seven shades of shit out of you all with my burning Magnesium white light-in-a- petri-dish hatred of his sucrose sacchrin sweet Habitat Islington demonic Guardian reading culturati shocktrooper method of film making, I'll simply offer;

'Love Actually'
'About A boy'
'Yesterday'
'Notting Hill'.

BTW, and for balance, i adore Mike Leigh. I worship the asphalt he walks on regarding his Film Offerings. And keep it under your Hat, I quite like the odd KenLoch Film as well.

'Naked ', 'Meantime' and 'Wind that shakes the Barley' are outstanding. Beautiful.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Worst film you've ever seen. on 15:08 - Jul 21 with 2065 viewsLythamR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:20 - Jul 21 by Benny_the_Ball

First it's funny, now it's not. Like the film, folk appear somewhat undecided. That's the problem with spoof movies for me; they lack identity and therefore authenticity.

I'm probably in a minority but I've never liked 'This is Spinal Tap' for the same reasons. It just did nothing for me and I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Nor any of the Austin Power movies. Or the Scary Movie franchise. IMHO the send up brand of humour is a low form of wit.

Each to their own, indeed. I can't believe that there are some who think that all of the James Bond movies are shit. I disagree but respect their opinion as it's based on their taste.

I cant believe you are including Spinal tap with that other rubbish

I would probably be even angrier if i was not under such heavy sedation!
Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:00 - Jul 21 with 2004 viewsDiscodroids

i also get that my Fair Lady who will buy my lovely red roses squire vibe, from Curtis Films.

Its always snowing as Hugh Grant throws his Crombie over a puddle for a sparrows can't sing cockney beauty to keep her pygmalion trotters dry. Normally to a soundtrack of David Gray or Ed Sheeran mixing it up on the 1210 ones and twos with an rap interlude from whoever the latest sanitised and sanctioned rap artist is who won't alienate the Target audience of fingerling shell bean slider munching cheka who love this tom tit.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 16:01]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Worst film you've ever seen. on 01:38 - Jul 22 with 1834 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wimbledon - deserves a code violation.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 02:38 - Jul 22 with 1817 viewsPunteR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:20 - Jul 21 by Benny_the_Ball

I've just got back from Brixton Academy where The Prodigy been tearing up the gaff and my ear drums. With my heart rate still clocking up 180 bpm and 25 years of Liam Howletts back catalogue of repetitive beats and synth noise still buzzing around my head , I now can't sleep.
So as a way of distraction I'm casting my mind back to the classic kids film The Princess Bride.
Ahh ..find a happy place.
Btw im pretty sure it's not a spoof film . Its a story within a story. It's the grandad (Columbo) reading a fairytale story to his grandson. It's his interpretation. And like all good stories it has comedy,drama, romance,(eurgh!..kissing!), sword fights, giants and Peter Cook.
Yeh it's a kids film and I was 11 when it came out but i could happily watch it again.
In fact I've got 4 hours to kill before my alarm clock goes off so I might power up the Roku.
Morning .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:54 - Jul 22 with 1612 viewsdigswellhoop

barbarella
Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:55 - Jul 22 with 1612 viewsdigswellhoop

ahy remake eg italion job alliens
Worst film you've ever seen. on 20:45 - Jul 22 with 1602 viewsMrSheen

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:00 - Jul 21 by Discodroids

i also get that my Fair Lady who will buy my lovely red roses squire vibe, from Curtis Films.

Its always snowing as Hugh Grant throws his Crombie over a puddle for a sparrows can't sing cockney beauty to keep her pygmalion trotters dry. Normally to a soundtrack of David Gray or Ed Sheeran mixing it up on the 1210 ones and twos with an rap interlude from whoever the latest sanitised and sanctioned rap artist is who won't alienate the Target audience of fingerling shell bean slider munching cheka who love this tom tit.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 16:01]

Point of order, Councillor Droids, Does “fingerling shell bean slider munching” refer to vegan snacking or deviant sexual practices?
Worst film you've ever seen. on 20:49 - Jul 22 with 1599 viewsthemodfather

sly stallone in "get carter" eff me, it is poor!
some of the footy film have been dire, when saturday comes and yesterdays hero!!
Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:30 - Jul 23 with 1436 viewsTheRam

The latest Matrix is right up there x
Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:59 - Jul 23 with 1390 viewsTheRam

Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:02 - Jul 23 with 1322 viewsPunteR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:59 - Jul 23 by TheRam

There's a glitch in the Matrix. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 00:11 - Jul 24 with 1233 viewsCiderwithRsie

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:54 - Jul 21 by dutch

Truly Madly Deeply. Soppiest, silliest middle class lovie fest ever. Walked out cursing everybody involved in that maudlin, syrupy Hampstead twaddle.

Well, I can only say, as someone who did lose a partner, that a hell of a lot of it struck me as absolutely spot-on.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 00:46 - Jul 24 with 1209 viewsDejR_vu

Worst film you've ever seen. on 00:11 - Jul 24 by CiderwithRsie

Well, I can only say, as someone who did lose a partner, that a hell of a lot of it struck me as absolutely spot-on.

Late 90s, I was forced to watch Starship Troopers. Was on a date so couldn’t leave. Still haven’t gotten over it, nothing I’ve seen since comes anywhere close.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 0:53]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 01:20 - Jul 24 with 1184 viewsCiderwithRsie

Worst film you've ever seen. on 00:11 - Jul 24 by CiderwithRsie

Gonna come back to this.

All personal taste of course and I can see why Dutch says its maudlin and soppy. It's also very Hampstead middle class and if those people get up your nose, fair enough.

But why does "middle class" make it bad? They've got to be some class, lots of people are "middle". If I go to a Mike Leigh film I don't think "Oh God, not the bloody working classes again, that's the whole point of him, I just want to know if its a credible portrayal. The TMD characters are meant to be Hampstead luvvies and they're completely believable.

But the point of the film is to portray bereavement and I can speak with some authority in saying that the sense that the person you lost is still in your home and life, as real as ever, is perfectly normal. And that when people advise you to move on you probably don't bloody want to, that in fact the "presence" of that person is what makes life worth living; but that also maybe eventually you do need to live for you and not for them.

That may seem syrupy to you but it actually isn't, it's an acute observation of what its really like. Maybe it's not your thing but that doesn't make the film bad any more than having a big boss battle makes a super-hero film "bad", it's about whether you do it well or not.

Whereas I nominate "Prospero's Books" because I bloody love Shakespeare and I know the play yet I didn't have a fecking clue what was going on or even where we were in the plot. You could see it had money thrown at it but I've never been more bored looking at naked bodies. It had Laurence fecking Olivier in it and I still couldn't care less about any of the characters. In my book, that makes it terrible.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 06:03 - Jul 24 with 1142 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst film you've ever seen. on 02:38 - Jul 22 by PunteR

I've just got back from Brixton Academy where The Prodigy been tearing up the gaff and my ear drums. With my heart rate still clocking up 180 bpm and 25 years of Liam Howletts back catalogue of repetitive beats and synth noise still buzzing around my head , I now can't sleep.
So as a way of distraction I'm casting my mind back to the classic kids film The Princess Bride.
Ahh ..find a happy place.
Btw im pretty sure it's not a spoof film . Its a story within a story. It's the grandad (Columbo) reading a fairytale story to his grandson. It's his interpretation. And like all good stories it has comedy,drama, romance,(eurgh!..kissing!), sword fights, giants and Peter Cook.
Yeh it's a kids film and I was 11 when it came out but i could happily watch it again.
In fact I've got 4 hours to kill before my alarm clock goes off so I might power up the Roku.
Morning .

Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend it if you have trouble sleeping. It's the perfect cure for insomnia.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 6:14]
Worst film you've ever seen. on 06:59 - Jul 24 with 1105 viewsdistortR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 01:20 - Jul 24 by CiderwithRsie

Gonna come back to this.

All personal taste of course and I can see why Dutch says its maudlin and soppy. It's also very Hampstead middle class and if those people get up your nose, fair enough.

But why does "middle class" make it bad? They've got to be some class, lots of people are "middle". If I go to a Mike Leigh film I don't think "Oh God, not the bloody working classes again, that's the whole point of him, I just want to know if its a credible portrayal. The TMD characters are meant to be Hampstead luvvies and they're completely believable.

But the point of the film is to portray bereavement and I can speak with some authority in saying that the sense that the person you lost is still in your home and life, as real as ever, is perfectly normal. And that when people advise you to move on you probably don't bloody want to, that in fact the "presence" of that person is what makes life worth living; but that also maybe eventually you do need to live for you and not for them.

That may seem syrupy to you but it actually isn't, it's an acute observation of what its really like. Maybe it's not your thing but that doesn't make the film bad any more than having a big boss battle makes a super-hero film "bad", it's about whether you do it well or not.

Whereas I nominate "Prospero's Books" because I bloody love Shakespeare and I know the play yet I didn't have a fecking clue what was going on or even where we were in the plot. You could see it had money thrown at it but I've never been more bored looking at naked bodies. It had Laurence fecking Olivier in it and I still couldn't care less about any of the characters. In my book, that makes it terrible.

Strength to you, Cider.

As for prospero's books, never seen it, but seeing as I am 55 going on 14 and it has NAKED BODIES you say, I will do my best to find it now. Cheers for the tip

I have never enjoyed anything shakespeare did, or his sister, but
"We are such stuff/ as dreams are made on, and our little life/ is rounded with a sleep"
is beautiful, and I find very affecting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024