Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst film you've ever seen. 23:09 - Jul 18 with 23787 viewsqpr_1968

lake placid.....jesus, what a pile of shite.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:33 - Jul 20 with 2131 viewsHAYESBOY

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:28 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

The Quiet Man.
Possibly the most anti-Irish, racist, misogynistic and insulting dung-heap of Paddywhackery ever spat out by Hollywood. And that, my friends, is truly saying something. So it is, begad and bejesus, an' no mishtake.

"Mr... Mr Sean! Here's a good stick to beat the lovely lady'"

My Mum's favourite film.

The line that makes me laugh is when he is taking the bets and he looks up and says....
Ooooo you traitor, you's.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:44 - Jul 20 with 2106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:33 - Jul 20 by HAYESBOY

My Mum's favourite film.

The line that makes me laugh is when he is taking the bets and he looks up and says....
Ooooo you traitor, you's.

One of my best friends, a womanin her 60's of Irish descent, adores it.
Won't have a bad word said about it.

When I tease her that her beloved John Wayne is hauling a poor woman all over the parish she just says "I'd swap with her in a split second".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:49 - Jul 20 with 2077 viewsthemodfather

ok i have not read the 7 pages of this thread so sorry if i name any already named but
blair witch project
open water
suburbia ( 80s usa punks, awful)
2 recent mod films pebble and the boy and i think to be someone , one was meant to be quadrophenia 2 and is dog poo of the highest level...so bad i can't recall the name!
a most violent yesr, no violence and meant to be a mob film but crap
anything with madonna !
Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:01 - Jul 20 with 2069 viewsPunteR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:00 - Jul 20 by Konk

It’s not supposed to be funny - he’s avenging the death of his father. He’s dedicated his entire life to finding and killing the man who murdered his Dad. It’s moving (well, it moves me!)

Each to their own.

Its a great film. Really funny.
Cant believe Benny doesnt like it.. !
Inconceivable!!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:53 - Jul 20 with 2002 viewsOregonQPR

I got dragged along to a pre-screening of Misery by a love interest of the time and that is the only occasion I’ve been to a cinema and left early. I think I lasted for close to 60 minutes.

Have since watched it at home to see if my younger self made a mistake but seems time has only made the film look even worse to me.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:15 - Jul 20 with 1949 viewsqpr1976

Worst film you've ever seen. on 23:45 - Jul 19 by CiderwithRsie

Still managed a dozen or so classics amongst the dross. Off top of my head:
Get Carter
Ipcress File
Alfie
Man Who Would Be King
Zulu
Batman thingy
The Last Valley
Italian Job
...loads more I'm sure if I googled but that'd be cheating

I've always rather admired his willingness to turn out shite because he did so much great work but he also clearly always felt the need to keep working even if the only thing on offer was complete and utter shite. He's simultaneously an artist and a grafter, a Stanley and a Sean Derry if you see what I mean.

Educating Rita
Mona Lisa ?

And Yes, Sleuth.
“A jumped up pantry boy, who never never knew his name…..”
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 19:24]
Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:46 - Jul 20 with 1894 viewsDorse

The latest Minions movie is a bit shit. Dunno about worst I have ever seen, but definitely the worst I've seen in a while. I considered it an insult to my arse that I had to sit on it throughout.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:51 - Jul 20 with 1887 viewsPeterHucker

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:29 - Jul 19 by johann28

Minor Kubrick maybe, but I'm afraid you're wrong here. It works only if its satirical, mischievous quality is appreciated; taken as a bizarre, hallucinatory black comic fable about married life, it's disturbingly convincing, particularly given the terrific performance by Sydney Pollack as a worldly, libertine party host. And it's very faithful to Arthur Schnitzler's novel (Traumnovelle), although it does lose one of the book's most important features: the implication that the hero and his wife are Jewish and without that we lose quite a lot, notably some of the socio-sexual aspect of this civilised couple's discontents: the sense of how close sexual rejection is to social exclusion, and the sense that 'high society' is like a thrillingly decadent party to which one is not invited.

But the key moment is, of course, that orgy amidst the plush of a country house, which Kubrick uses to suggest that sex is the "black mass" of human relationships - for all Dr and Mrs Harford's pinched and unhappy preoccupation with it, the only sex acts we see occurring are at the orgy, and the couple's final, emotional reconciliation posits an equivalence between actual sexual adventures and those fantasies undertaken in dreams, narratives of sexual transgression which can be simultaneously acknowledged and denied. It's pretty dark stuff, I admit, but don't trash it, please.

Eyes Wide Shit
Login to get fewer ads

Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:52 - Jul 20 with 1887 viewsPeterHucker

Worst film you've ever seen. on 00:26 - Jul 20 by Benny_the_Ball

The Princess Bride. Damn, the lengths I would go to to impress a date.

The Pink Panther 2. Steve Martin was no Peter Sellars.

Inconceivable!!
Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 1884 viewsPeterHucker

Worst film you've ever seen. on 15:45 - Jul 20 by Harbour

Moonraker the worst Bond movie of all. Terrible plot the special effects look like made on Blue Peter . Roger Moore in this film terrible acting.

All James Bond films are shit.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:03 - Jul 20 with 1810 viewsjohann28

Worst film you've ever seen. on 08:27 - Jul 20 by Esox_Lucius

Calling my opinion ignorance is rude AND ignorant. I like both ABBA & Beethoven, along with a very wide spread between those examples, as my contributions to many of the music threads on here will demonstrate.
Pretentious: attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed. "pretentious art films"
Self Indulgent: (of a creative work) lacking economy and control.
I hope that clears up the matter of what I consider the worst film I've ever seen.
FWIW It's the only one of his films that I feel this way about.

Sorry Lucius - I was out of line. I have something of a knee-jerk reaction to those words (as with 'boring') as they tend to be used so lazily by people who've no idea what they're talking about. Operating brain before using mouth has never been one of my strong points. Sincere apologies.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:03 - Jul 20 with 1813 viewsNed_Kennedys

Holmes and Watson is the worst ‘comedy’ move ever: literally no funny moments at all. I assume Will Ferrell was paid a fortune to appear in it.

The person slagging off the Ted movies is very wrong btw 😉
Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 1796 viewsMrSheen

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:28 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

The Quiet Man.
Possibly the most anti-Irish, racist, misogynistic and insulting dung-heap of Paddywhackery ever spat out by Hollywood. And that, my friends, is truly saying something. So it is, begad and bejesus, an' no mishtake.

"Mr... Mr Sean! Here's a good stick to beat the lovely lady'"

Thanks!

Greatest film ever made (in Cong).

Isn’t it a reworking of the Taming of the Shrew? Some things just don’t age well…see also Ryan’s Daughter, but I don’t see it as anti Irish at all, despite how it goes down with some/many in 2022. And Maureen O’Hara looks fabulous in Technicolor (or whatever they used).
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:17]
Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:40 - Jul 20 with 1775 viewsNLondonHoop

Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:38 - Jul 19 by MrSheen

Ludicrous plot - QPR in a cup final?

I was one of only two in a group of six who made it to the end of Baron Munchausen. An hour too long but Uma’s bazumas kept me watching.

Worst ever? Field of Dreams. I never walk out of films, but when the couple in front got up and left after three minutes, I knew they were doing the right thing.

I went to see Field of Dreams with friends and we laughed all the way through
Worst film you've ever seen. on 23:11 - Jul 20 with 1716 viewsMick_S

Worst film you've ever seen. on 14:59 - Jul 20 by DannyPaddox

One of my most disappointing cinema experiences very early on was the Tales of Beatrix Potter. I’d read all the books and though not up there with Lewis Caroll I still loved them. So with high expectations I then sat through two hours of no dialogue, a classical music score, and giant freakish ballet-dancing mutants. It meandered between dull and severely unsettling. It put me off animals in general.

Years later I’m prepared to reconsider this one but I’d need drugs.

Cha’mone mother fukcker.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 23:30 - Jul 20 with 1687 viewsKonk

Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:01 - Jul 20 by PunteR

Its a great film. Really funny.
Cant believe Benny doesnt like it.. !
Inconceivable!!

Kicking myself for missing ‘inconceivable”! Top work. It’s a great, lovely, funny film.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:28 - Jul 21 with 1559 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:11 - Jul 20 by MrSheen

Thanks!

Greatest film ever made (in Cong).

Isn’t it a reworking of the Taming of the Shrew? Some things just don’t age well…see also Ryan’s Daughter, but I don’t see it as anti Irish at all, despite how it goes down with some/many in 2022. And Maureen O’Hara looks fabulous in Technicolor (or whatever they used).
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:17]

Fair enough, Sheener. Fair enough.

My posts on this thread are light-hearted, tbf, I definitely don't expect everyone to agree with me. Or anyone, maybe.

I'd imagine that the Hollywood 'Oirish' crew thought they were doing Ireland a favour with films like this, but it just comes across as Paddywhackery to me.

We had a hotel in West Cork when I was a kid and we used to get Irish-Americans coming "home" to find their roots. Suitcases full of tweed, green trousers, bowler hats, the works. Some of them really did think 'The Quiet Man' and films like it were accurate.

Of course, if they asked you how long did we have electricity you'd tell them a year.
So that sh1t didn't help!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:52 - Jul 21 with 1519 viewsMrSheen

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:28 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, Sheener. Fair enough.

My posts on this thread are light-hearted, tbf, I definitely don't expect everyone to agree with me. Or anyone, maybe.

I'd imagine that the Hollywood 'Oirish' crew thought they were doing Ireland a favour with films like this, but it just comes across as Paddywhackery to me.

We had a hotel in West Cork when I was a kid and we used to get Irish-Americans coming "home" to find their roots. Suitcases full of tweed, green trousers, bowler hats, the works. Some of them really did think 'The Quiet Man' and films like it were accurate.

Of course, if they asked you how long did we have electricity you'd tell them a year.
So that sh1t didn't help!

TQM makes a fascinating pair with The Field. One presents Ireland as a fantasy-land of boozy, happy-go-lucky, violent misogynists, the other a hell-hole of devious, grasping, violent misogynists (Jean de Florette without the sunshine). Pick your poison!
Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:57 - Jul 21 with 1522 viewsHAYESBOY

The Cook, The Thief, his Wife, and her Lover.

Forgot about this one. Its another film I hate.
Pretentious over the top nonsense, IMO.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:13 - Jul 21 with 1466 viewsTacticalR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:57 - Jul 21 by HAYESBOY

The Cook, The Thief, his Wife, and her Lover.

Forgot about this one. Its another film I hate.
Pretentious over the top nonsense, IMO.

Another Peter Greenaway effort. My thoughts on Greenaway:

'At first glance cinema does seem to be a visual art, like painting, and I am sure we all appreciate beautiful films. But film, whether slow-moving or action-packed is still primarily a narrative form. That is why film-makers who treat film like painting, or who have emerged from the painting tradition, like Derek Jarman and Peter Greenaway make such god-awful films.'

There is a QPR connection as QPR fan Michael Nyman composed the music for The Draughtsman's Contract, one of Greenaway's better films.

Air hostess clique

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:18 - Jul 21 with 1462 viewsCiderwithRsie

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:38 - Jul 19 by TomS

I recall going to the cinema to watch Oliver Stone's Alexander. It was embarrassingly bad, and I felt really sorry for the producers who were asked to fund this steaming turd. It is clear that someone persuaded the director to hire every single small time Irish actor to play the role of Macedonians. I recognised an awful lot of faces and voices from Irish TV. The accents were unintentionally hilarious. The script was dreadful. Angelina Jolie was miscast and played Colin Farrell's mother.

The story of Alexander the Great was worth telling, but it could have been done a lot better.

I have to say, that sounds so laughably cr*p that I'm quite tempted to watch it. I'm hoping the Irishism is sufficiently terrible to give Brian Mc nightmares. "To be sure yer honour, he's after invading the Persian Empire, so it is, faith and begorrah."

There's probably scope for another thread on laughably rubbish historic films. There's supposed to be one in which Richard the Lionheart's love interest says "War! War! War! That's all you think about, Dicky Plantagenet."
Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:25 - Jul 21 with 1455 viewscollegeranger

Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:24 - Jul 19 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106453/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

'Body of Evidence' starring Madonna.

"A lawyer defends a woman accused of killing her older lover by having sex with him."

or

"A narcisstistic talentless diva engages in the most hilarious sex scenes in the history of cinema"

It was a date night for me. I had waited a long time for a date with this particular lady as well. I laughed at all the wrong parts of the film. She gave out to me (the date, not Madonna). I suggested leaving. She suggested staying. Then she suggested I leave.

I was still laughing as I left.

The only film I have walked out of the cinema. Utter tripe!

Recently Midsommer - some crappy Swedish suicide bollix. Awful
Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:54 - Jul 21 with 1409 viewsTheChef

Must say I've watched some crud in my time but I don't think I have ever walked out on a film. Perhaps the optimist in me thinks if I leave, then it will start to get good!

Probably the closest I ever came was watching Death Becomes Her with Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn - that was pretty awful.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:56 - Jul 21 with 1405 viewsMrSheen

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:18 - Jul 21 by CiderwithRsie

I have to say, that sounds so laughably cr*p that I'm quite tempted to watch it. I'm hoping the Irishism is sufficiently terrible to give Brian Mc nightmares. "To be sure yer honour, he's after invading the Persian Empire, so it is, faith and begorrah."

There's probably scope for another thread on laughably rubbish historic films. There's supposed to be one in which Richard the Lionheart's love interest says "War! War! War! That's all you think about, Dicky Plantagenet."

On the accents, that made me think of the Spartacus TV series, where they not only rounded up every NZ actor going, but topped up the gladiators at the local rugby club. Still great though.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 12:38 - Jul 21 with 1360 viewsDannyPaddox

I quite enjoyed the film but Brad Pitt’s Austrian accent in 7 Years In Tibet was hilarious. Almost every other line of dialogue had him mentioning the “Himmer-lay-arse” A mountain range he had more trouble pronouncing than crossing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024