Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst film you've ever seen. 23:09 - Jul 18 with 23647 viewsqpr_1968

lake placid.....jesus, what a pile of shite.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 08:32 - Jul 24 with 1926 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Worst film you've ever seen. on 21:03 - Jul 20 by Ned_Kennedys

Holmes and Watson is the worst ‘comedy’ move ever: literally no funny moments at all. I assume Will Ferrell was paid a fortune to appear in it.

The person slagging off the Ted movies is very wrong btw 😉

Ahh William Ferrell.

One of those blokes that if you know he’s in a film, you’ve got a pretty good idea what’s coming and that you’ve been duly warned.

Steve Carrell is another one for me, who if he’s in a film I know I’d be better off investing my time undergoing root canal surgery.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 08:46 - Jul 24 with 1899 viewsdistortR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 00:46 - Jul 24 by DejR_vu

Late 90s, I was forced to watch Starship Troopers. Was on a date so couldn’t leave. Still haven’t gotten over it, nothing I’ve seen since comes anywhere close.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 0:53]

I would argue that a film like that, big budget moronic crap just blowing shit out of lots of things, can never be the worst film ever, as it has no pretensions to be anything else. For me, the worst film, has to have aspirations. Still considering...........

Edit - i found 'lost in translation' mind-numbingly boring and full of itself, there wasn't a hint of a zombie to liven things up, but I'm not sure it's the worst film.

i have a friend whose favourite film is 'my blue heaven'. It's one of the most memorably shit films i have ever seen, possibly because of their expectations. They sulked for weeks when I told them what I thought
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 8:56]
Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:03 - Jul 24 with 1842 viewsPunteR

Matrix 2 and 3. Only for completely destroying the mythology of the first film. Which is one of the best films I've ever seen.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:03 - Jul 24 with 1780 viewshovehoop

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:28 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, Sheener. Fair enough.

My posts on this thread are light-hearted, tbf, I definitely don't expect everyone to agree with me. Or anyone, maybe.

I'd imagine that the Hollywood 'Oirish' crew thought they were doing Ireland a favour with films like this, but it just comes across as Paddywhackery to me.

We had a hotel in West Cork when I was a kid and we used to get Irish-Americans coming "home" to find their roots. Suitcases full of tweed, green trousers, bowler hats, the works. Some of them really did think 'The Quiet Man' and films like it were accurate.

Of course, if they asked you how long did we have electricity you'd tell them a year.
So that sh1t didn't help!

Made me laugh Brian. You can have fun playing up to the stupidity. I was in my brother in laws pub in a place called O’Meath and a coach pulled up filled with tourists. The driver was in a panic as the tour guide didn’t show up. So he negotiated terms for a local to stand in. The coach set off and stopped 20m down road at which point the tourists got off and were photographing what they were told was the ‘oldest telegraph pole in Ireland.’

Worst film - we left part way through a 1987 film called the Glass Menagerie and headed for the pub.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:52 - Jul 24 with 1729 viewshubble

If I'm honest, the worst film I have ever seen - and I think many of you on here would agree, should you ever have the misfortune of seeing it, is 'Brothers' released in 2000.

I've been slightly reluctant to mention it, as it was directed by a friend of mine. But I read the script before it was made and said to him, in the spirit of friendship, honesty (and understatement) 'I think there are a few problems with it, mate, I've made some notes, perhaps you'd like to hear them?'. His response was to laugh and tell me, 'leave it to the professionals, mate.'

I went to the premier in Leicester Square, which garnered a gaggle of F-list 'celebs' and there, writ large on the silver screen, were the problems I'd foreseen. It remains, easily, the worst film I have ever seen.

I am amazed that its IMDB rating is as high as 2.2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0254197/

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:48 - Jul 24 with 1696 viewsTacticalR

@CiderwithRsie: 'Whereas I nominate "Prospero's Books" because I bloody love Shakespeare and I know the play yet I didn't have a fecking clue what was going on or even where we were in the plot. You could see it had money thrown at it but I've never been more bored looking at naked bodies. It had Laurence fecking Olivier in it and I still couldn't care less about any of the characters. In my book, that makes it terrible.'

If only Greenaway had realised that Shakespeare's language does the heavy lifting he would have realised that there was no need for his (Greenaway's) visual bells and whistles.

Air hostess clique

Worst film you've ever seen. on 15:36 - Jul 24 with 1619 viewsdistortR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:48 - Jul 24 by TacticalR

@CiderwithRsie: 'Whereas I nominate "Prospero's Books" because I bloody love Shakespeare and I know the play yet I didn't have a fecking clue what was going on or even where we were in the plot. You could see it had money thrown at it but I've never been more bored looking at naked bodies. It had Laurence fecking Olivier in it and I still couldn't care less about any of the characters. In my book, that makes it terrible.'

If only Greenaway had realised that Shakespeare's language does the heavy lifting he would have realised that there was no need for his (Greenaway's) visual bells and whistles.

I like bells.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:23 - Jul 24 with 1539 viewsHoosWho

Worst film you've ever seen. on 08:00 - Jul 20 by Konk

I loved Bridesmaids!

Just about anything with Jim Carey or Vin Diesel or has in the title anywhere the words “Fast / Furious”.

The Adventures of Chris Fable - bought this horror of a DVD 10 years ago for my then 5 year old son. We still laugh at just how dire it was.

By and large, most films that are a number 2,3,4 etc. The more the franchise is stretched the thinner the plot, the imagination and quality. Possible sole exception being Godfather trilogy.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst film you've ever seen. on 22:16 - Jul 24 with 1459 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:23 - Jul 24 by HoosWho

Just about anything with Jim Carey or Vin Diesel or has in the title anywhere the words “Fast / Furious”.

The Adventures of Chris Fable - bought this horror of a DVD 10 years ago for my then 5 year old son. We still laugh at just how dire it was.

By and large, most films that are a number 2,3,4 etc. The more the franchise is stretched the thinner the plot, the imagination and quality. Possible sole exception being Godfather trilogy.

I agree about Vin Diesel films but Jim Carey I don't mind much. I quite liked him in the Andy Kaufman role in Man on the Moon for instance.

A world without Ace Ventura, Bruce Almighty, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, The Grinch etc etc, would be a lesser place imho.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 22:43]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 06:41 - Jul 25 with 1341 viewsKiwi76

Worst film you've ever seen. on 08:32 - Jul 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Ahh William Ferrell.

One of those blokes that if you know he’s in a film, you’ve got a pretty good idea what’s coming and that you’ve been duly warned.

Steve Carrell is another one for me, who if he’s in a film I know I’d be better off investing my time undergoing root canal surgery.

Not going to fight you on either but Carrell is very good against normal type in Foxcatcher & TV’s Morning Show. Also liked Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction playing it straight’ish.
Also laughed at quite a lot of 40yo Virgin & Blades of Glory so that ruins my credibility.

Worst movie paid to see City of Angels with Nic Cage & Meg Ryan - Ryan a brain surgeon & Cage an Angel so warning signs were pretty bloody visible.
Was first date with my wife who thankfully agreed or might’ve been a different 20yrs+
Movie also gave us the splendid Goo Goo Dolls banger Iris
Worst film you've ever seen. on 08:54 - Jul 25 with 1268 viewsMrSheen

Point of order, it was John Gielgud not Laurence Olivier in Prospero's Books. According to Wiki, he was in more than 50 films after his 70th Birthday, including masterpieces such as Gold, Caligula, Arthur and Arthur 2: On the Rocks, as well as trashy rubbish like The Elephant Man, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Providence and Gandhi. Michael Caine has the mercenary reputation though!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 9:06]
Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:16 - Jul 25 with 1215 viewsrobith

I missed someone saying Starship Troopers.

Was my favourite film aged like 17/18.

First week of uni in the icebreaker phase, someone asked me what my favourite film was. I said Starship Troopers.

They replied "Well, Verhoeven's work is on the nose, but it is an interesting juxtaposition of a smack bang wallop action film with a cutting satire of fascist nationalism"

I was like "No mate, I said Starship Troopers? You know, where they blow up all the bugs?"

Next time I rewatched it I noticed they're genuinely wearing SS uniforms and felt very silly
Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:50 - Jul 25 with 1195 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think that's exactly right.

The really bad films are the ones you ought to like but have been ruined.

Working my way through Branagh's "Frankenstein" at the moment with my daughter and it's not standing up well compared to expectations/hopes
Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1195 viewsCiderwithRsie

Worst film you've ever seen. on 06:59 - Jul 24 by distortR

Strength to you, Cider.

As for prospero's books, never seen it, but seeing as I am 55 going on 14 and it has NAKED BODIES you say, I will do my best to find it now. Cheers for the tip

I have never enjoyed anything shakespeare did, or his sister, but
"We are such stuff/ as dreams are made on, and our little life/ is rounded with a sleep"
is beautiful, and I find very affecting.

Honestly, save your money and get Debbie Does Dallas, it was about as erotic as a Roman statue.

The girl I took said "The poor things, they must be frozen"
Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:17 - Jul 25 with 1180 viewsnumptydumpty

"REVENGE OF THE KILLER TOMATOES" for me !!!

This film must win, 100%.
WORST PILE OF CACK EVER !!!

Think was made in early 80's when video nasties' such as "Chainnsaw Massacre" were made.

It basically is what it says.

If you were to hurt tomatoes' feelings around you, the tomatoes propelled themselves at you culminating in a deadly accurate splat !!!

The effects , well there weren't any. Incredibly low budget.

But gained cult status , especially amongst teenage schoolboys, which I was one of those, at that time !!!!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 11:19]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:21 - Jul 25 with 1178 viewswombat

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:25 - Jul 19 by joe90

Interesting fact about the dude that played the Highlander, he couldn't speak English.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 11:28]

Sharknado has to be in there so bad its funny

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:57 - Jul 25 with 1154 viewsDannyPaddox

Worst film you've ever seen. on 11:17 - Jul 25 by numptydumpty

"REVENGE OF THE KILLER TOMATOES" for me !!!

This film must win, 100%.
WORST PILE OF CACK EVER !!!

Think was made in early 80's when video nasties' such as "Chainnsaw Massacre" were made.

It basically is what it says.

If you were to hurt tomatoes' feelings around you, the tomatoes propelled themselves at you culminating in a deadly accurate splat !!!

The effects , well there weren't any. Incredibly low budget.

But gained cult status , especially amongst teenage schoolboys, which I was one of those, at that time !!!!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 11:19]

The sequel POMODORO APOCALYPSE was fantastic though. And I’m not usually an Emma Thompson fan.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 12:04 - Jul 25 with 1150 viewsBasingstokeR

Love Actually - fking disgustingly terrible
Worst film you've ever seen. on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 1125 viewsTacticalR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 15:36 - Jul 24 by distortR

I like bells.

In no way should my post be construed as an attack on bells.

Air hostess clique

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:18 - Jul 25 with 1056 viewsPunteR

Worst film you've ever seen. on 10:16 - Jul 25 by robith

I missed someone saying Starship Troopers.

Was my favourite film aged like 17/18.

First week of uni in the icebreaker phase, someone asked me what my favourite film was. I said Starship Troopers.

They replied "Well, Verhoeven's work is on the nose, but it is an interesting juxtaposition of a smack bang wallop action film with a cutting satire of fascist nationalism"

I was like "No mate, I said Starship Troopers? You know, where they blow up all the bugs?"

Next time I rewatched it I noticed they're genuinely wearing SS uniforms and felt very silly

Robocop is 10 times better .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:20 - Jul 25 with 1053 viewswombat

Worst film you've ever seen. on 09:03 - Jul 24 by PunteR

Matrix 2 and 3. Only for completely destroying the mythology of the first film. Which is one of the best films I've ever seen.

you obv havent seen the latest matrix so bad its impossible to watch

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Worst film you've ever seen. on 13:34 - Jul 25 with 1040 viewsR_from_afar

I have a vague recollection of this film getting an absolute shoeing from reviewers. I have never watched it, have any of you? It doesn't look promising based on the trailer. It is wise trying to turn one gag into an entire film?

(Stands back and waits for someone to say it is their favourite film ever and inspired them to become a poet/steamboot captain/druid/Nobel prize for physics winner (delete as applicable))

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024