Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Match Thread 11:15 - Jul 27 with 49198 viewsDieByYourSide

Come on then, let's have some XIs and predictions.

Dieng
Kakay Dickie JCS Paal
Johansen Field Dozzell
Thomas Chair
Dykes

Subs: Walsh, Dunne, Amos, Adomah, Roberts, Willock, Bonne

Rather Amos and Willock started over Dozzell and Thomas but unlikely due to injuries.

1-1 draw, Chair to score.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 1980 viewsSonofpugwash

Dieng,schoolboy positioning for the goal.
Having seen the EFL highlights on ITV I haven't seen much to be afraid of on that showing,anyone can beat anyone else.Consistency is the key.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:48 - Jul 31 with 1926 viewsderbyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 23:48 - Jul 30 by Padulas_Shampoo

Last season alone Piroe, Gyokeres, Riis and Adebayo scored more league goals for their teams than any striker has scored for QPR since Charlie in 2014. None of them cost more than £1.5m. In that timespan we’ve paid millions for Dykes, Washington, Bonne, Sylla… probably others that I’ve forgotten.

Our lack of ability to find a goal scorer is farcical. Your suggestion that it’s impossible to find them under £5m is wide of the mark, a bit like our strikers’ finishing for the best part of a decade.

Finding players that may not be the finished article, developing them and increasing their value is literally the modus operandi, it’s what we’re here to do. And with strikers we’ve failed pretty spectacularly.

What I said is that you have to be v lucky.
Of the 4 QPR strikers mentioned, Wahington was the earliest and worst scouted. I doubt the others cost much more than your 1.5m.

Other clubs have done it, but most havent. Gyokeres and Adebayo probably surprised the people who recruited them

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:50 - Jul 31 with 1924 viewsderbyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 30 by essextaxiboy

George Thomas would do a much better job of closing defenders down and carries a similar goal threat to Dykes

Come on Essex. Even you dont believe that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 11:22 - Jul 31 with 1857 viewsBurnleyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 00:33 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

"Chair will be better when Willock is back"

I personally think we need to move on from last season.

Illy and Willy is a lovely collection of words but a bit like 'one nation conservative' it's completely meaningless.

Chair is a great player, but is being hampered by the lack of movement and technical ability around him. I bet is he utterly frustrated by the inability of of many of his team mates to trap a ball, pass accurately and move in to space for the return. Dykes is hopeless at it. It’s not surprising he hangs onto the ball longer than he should, there is simply no one worth a shit to give it to.

Give it to Dozzell and he will pass it back, give to Dykes and he will lose possession, Johansen is sat back on the half way line.

Our midfield is slow and ponderous with minimal technical ability or vision and our press near non existent.

Field needs to be our deep lying midfielder that breaks up attacks, with Willock, Amos, Richards and Chair in midfield playing into a technically proficient striker (hopefully Roberts).

Dykes, Dozzell and Johansen aren’t cutting it .

Kakay and Shodipo were the the best of a fairly lame bunch yesterday..

Dunne can also feel hard done by sitting on the bench, although Salter had a decent enough game.
Blackburn Match Thread on 11:45 - Jul 31 with 1799 viewsBazzeR

Nice post, agree with every word.
Blackburn Match Thread on 11:46 - Jul 31 with 1788 viewsessextaxiboy

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:50 - Jul 31 by derbyhoop

Come on Essex. Even you dont believe that.

Even Me ? How very dare you !

George Thomas is very good at closing people down but could not score in a brothel .

The post was an attempt at humour however
Blackburn Match Thread on 11:55 - Jul 31 with 1744 viewsParkRoyalR

Blackburn Match Thread on 11:22 - Jul 31 by Burnleyhoop

Chair is a great player, but is being hampered by the lack of movement and technical ability around him. I bet is he utterly frustrated by the inability of of many of his team mates to trap a ball, pass accurately and move in to space for the return. Dykes is hopeless at it. It’s not surprising he hangs onto the ball longer than he should, there is simply no one worth a shit to give it to.

Give it to Dozzell and he will pass it back, give to Dykes and he will lose possession, Johansen is sat back on the half way line.

Our midfield is slow and ponderous with minimal technical ability or vision and our press near non existent.

Field needs to be our deep lying midfielder that breaks up attacks, with Willock, Amos, Richards and Chair in midfield playing into a technically proficient striker (hopefully Roberts).

Dykes, Dozzell and Johansen aren’t cutting it .

Kakay and Shodipo were the the best of a fairly lame bunch yesterday..

Dunne can also feel hard done by sitting on the bench, although Salter had a decent enough game.

If Chair was a great player, we would have other clubs clamouring to buy him, which to my knowledge we hav'nt.

Chair is a good player in the right system, and works his socks off for the team, but his fundamental flaws (head down + taking too many touches) is holding back his career and slows down our attacks.

Looks a much better player when the likes of Eze + Willock play one two's off him as he has excellent control but they are the players who then play the final quality final ball or strike on goal.

On basis those flaws are not going to be ironed out now, we can still build an attack around him, but his position and role in our attacking play will be very important this season.
Blackburn Match Thread on 12:43 - Jul 31 with 1642 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:48 - Jul 31 by derbyhoop

What I said is that you have to be v lucky.
Of the 4 QPR strikers mentioned, Wahington was the earliest and worst scouted. I doubt the others cost much more than your 1.5m.

Other clubs have done it, but most havent. Gyokeres and Adebayo probably surprised the people who recruited them

Oh it’s all down to luck? In which case we may as well just stick names in a Tombola and immediately sign whoever comes out for £750k. That would explain the Gladwin, Kelman, Bonne and Dykes signings actually so maybe that’s what we’re doing.

I don’t expect every signing to be a massive hit but the model we’re following here is of other teams that consistently buy low, develop and sell high. Those teams we’re trying to replicate do it again and again. Obviously they don’t get a 100% hit rate but certainly well north of 50%. To claim those teams are superior to us at finding goal scorers because they’ve simply had more luck than us is naive. There are teams out there with similar and lower budgets than us that know what they’re looking for and know what they’re looking at way better than we do. Particularly with strikers.

I don’t think we’ve done an awful job of recruitment overall over the last couple of years. Some poor, some decent, some good. Probably why we’ve been stuck between 16th and 8th for what seems like an eternity. But our hit rate with strikers for a LONG time now is 0%. Literally. They only ones that have consistently scored have been expensive loans. That’s letting the model down and massively hampering progress. I would dearly love it to change. And I’d dearly love to not have to watch Dykes and Bonne in Rangers shirts anymore.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Match Thread on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 1560 viewsParkRoyalR

Blackburn Match Thread on 12:43 - Jul 31 by Padulas_Shampoo

Oh it’s all down to luck? In which case we may as well just stick names in a Tombola and immediately sign whoever comes out for £750k. That would explain the Gladwin, Kelman, Bonne and Dykes signings actually so maybe that’s what we’re doing.

I don’t expect every signing to be a massive hit but the model we’re following here is of other teams that consistently buy low, develop and sell high. Those teams we’re trying to replicate do it again and again. Obviously they don’t get a 100% hit rate but certainly well north of 50%. To claim those teams are superior to us at finding goal scorers because they’ve simply had more luck than us is naive. There are teams out there with similar and lower budgets than us that know what they’re looking for and know what they’re looking at way better than we do. Particularly with strikers.

I don’t think we’ve done an awful job of recruitment overall over the last couple of years. Some poor, some decent, some good. Probably why we’ve been stuck between 16th and 8th for what seems like an eternity. But our hit rate with strikers for a LONG time now is 0%. Literally. They only ones that have consistently scored have been expensive loans. That’s letting the model down and massively hampering progress. I would dearly love it to change. And I’d dearly love to not have to watch Dykes and Bonne in Rangers shirts anymore.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:45]

Who are the expensive loans who have consistently scored? Possibly Wells? I would argue Wells was fortunate to play off a fantastic creative player like Eze and since he's moved on and without the benefit of playing off an Eze (or Willock) his scoring stats may be worst than Dykes? (Or certainly pre his Forest injury stats)

Anyway, pointless comparing to strikers who cost 4 times as much in transfer fees + wages, but I do agree with you about our recruitment not being good enough and think this is a key season for Ferdinand + Ramsey.
Blackburn Match Thread on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 1564 viewsBurnleyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 11:55 - Jul 31 by ParkRoyalR

If Chair was a great player, we would have other clubs clamouring to buy him, which to my knowledge we hav'nt.

Chair is a good player in the right system, and works his socks off for the team, but his fundamental flaws (head down + taking too many touches) is holding back his career and slows down our attacks.

Looks a much better player when the likes of Eze + Willock play one two's off him as he has excellent control but they are the players who then play the final quality final ball or strike on goal.

On basis those flaws are not going to be ironed out now, we can still build an attack around him, but his position and role in our attacking play will be very important this season.

Pretty sure that is the point I was making. Yes Chair has some flaws, but that can be said of half the players in the Premier league. He is rightly recognised as one of the best midfielders in this division, but he needs equally capable technical players around him to flourish. He has become less and less effective with loss of Eze, then Bos and now Willock. He does try to do too much on his own, but frankly, theres more chance of him doing it than anyone else in our current midfield or striking positions.
Blackburn Match Thread on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 1514 viewsParkRoyalR

Blackburn Match Thread on 13:05 - Jul 31 by Burnleyhoop

Pretty sure that is the point I was making. Yes Chair has some flaws, but that can be said of half the players in the Premier league. He is rightly recognised as one of the best midfielders in this division, but he needs equally capable technical players around him to flourish. He has become less and less effective with loss of Eze, then Bos and now Willock. He does try to do too much on his own, but frankly, theres more chance of him doing it than anyone else in our current midfield or striking positions.

Agree, but he just has to give the ball earlier.

Gray got pelters last year for giving out to him, Armstrong is already showing the character If you don't give me a simple early pass you'll know about it, Dykes is just too nice (or lacking in edge) to react like Gray but did jokingly make the point,

I'm hoping the thought of going back into a changing room to be confronted by a very angry Sinclair Armstrong might finally do the trick!
Blackburn Match Thread on 14:26 - Jul 31 with 1372 viewsBurnleyhoop

Blackburn Match Thread on 13:16 - Jul 31 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, but he just has to give the ball earlier.

Gray got pelters last year for giving out to him, Armstrong is already showing the character If you don't give me a simple early pass you'll know about it, Dykes is just too nice (or lacking in edge) to react like Gray but did jokingly make the point,

I'm hoping the thought of going back into a changing room to be confronted by a very angry Sinclair Armstrong might finally do the trick!

Take your point Park, but Armstrong has everything to prove, Chair is a known quantity.
Armstrong certainly made is presence known and is a big lad, just how technically capable he is remains to be seen.

I was encouraged by Richards cameo as he showed far more aggression than Dozzell ever does.

Far better from us to come. This game came two weeks too early due to injuries and fitness issues. Don’t expect to see Roberts until the back end of August.
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:07 - Jul 31 with 1292 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:57 - Jul 30 by davman

How many teams registered no shots on target and no corners though?

You can make stats say what you want.

It has to get better from there - would take a point from next week right now to be fair, but can see a P3 L3 by the time we get to Blackpool (h) and add in the abject cup defeat to Charlton when Beale gives a final chance to the second string and we'll need balls of steel to keep positive...

'Twas always thus...

If only 1 team won away, only one team won away - you can't change that stat/fact!

Love the way you deride stats and then quote two of your own at me.

My point was AFETR ONE AWAY GAME, someone said we never win away, apart from being factually incorrect, as you can see it was not a wholly unusual result in the Championship this weekend.

However many on here are treating it like a 1-0 defeat to Wealdstone!
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:14 - Jul 31 with 1261 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 10:21 - Jul 31 by Sonofpugwash

Dieng,schoolboy positioning for the goal.
Having seen the EFL highlights on ITV I haven't seen much to be afraid of on that showing,anyone can beat anyone else.Consistency is the key.

Yep, 1 away win and 1 game with more than one goal difference in the whole division, you're spot on there.

That's why some of the negative reaction is ott in my view.
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:30 - Jul 31 with 1218 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I need to see the Just Back Thread pop up its by far the most helpful apart from the one Clive pens of course.
How bad was the perefromance ? , did we offer anything different with our new managment team ? ,what is the level of optimism withing our travelling faithful ?, and should Dieng have done better with that stunning strike or just unstoppable ?
Blackburn Match Thread on 15:36 - Jul 31 with 1204 viewsBoston

Blackburn Match Thread on 15:30 - Jul 31 by CLAREMAN1995

I need to see the Just Back Thread pop up its by far the most helpful apart from the one Clive pens of course.
How bad was the perefromance ? , did we offer anything different with our new managment team ? ,what is the level of optimism withing our travelling faithful ?, and should Dieng have done better with that stunning strike or just unstoppable ?

I'm lead to believe it's a 48hour trip back from Blackburn this weekend, the first 'just back' will be Monday morning.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Blackburn Match Thread on 19:20 - Jul 31 with 1053 viewsBoston

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20590495.qpr-boss-micheal-beale-so-p

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024