Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Match Thread 11:15 - Jul 27 with 50447 viewsDieByYourSide

Come on then, let's have some XIs and predictions.

Dieng
Kakay Dickie JCS Paal
Johansen Field Dozzell
Thomas Chair
Dykes

Subs: Walsh, Dunne, Amos, Adomah, Roberts, Willock, Bonne

Rather Amos and Willock started over Dozzell and Thomas but unlikely due to injuries.

1-1 draw, Chair to score.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:05 - Jul 30 with 2474 viewsmonners1969

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:03 - Jul 30 by stainrods_elbow

I disagree - for me, neither Paal nor Clarke-Salter impressed, and Dunne will rightly feel Dunne out of a first-team berth today. Sinton was right that we did OK, though no more than OK, in the first first 20 minutes or so, but we were outplayed by a mediocre-at-best Blackburn after that, who barely had to get out of 2nd gear to beat us. A lot to worry us all in what was, overall, a seriously underwhelming performance, and only bits and pieces to work with in my view. Dykes and Dozzell are definitely not good enough, and Kakay to me was borderline at best today, but some of us knew that already. Uncle was also anonymous, as was Chair, apart from the good opportunity he missed.

Willock can't come back quick enough to partner Chair, and Armstrong maybe has a bit of raw potential, which will hopefully help to enhance our failing final third, but that was leaden, lugubrious and slipshod. Not exactly burning with optimism.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 17:07]

Agree with that and amazing working in of the word lugubrious
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:05 - Jul 30 with 2469 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:54 - Jul 30 by superhoopdownunder

Is Mick Beale limited by what he has inherited?
Does he realise we don't have the depth required to be at the top end of the Championship table?
Will he sort it out?

My answer to all of the above is yes because I am listening to happy house music and have had a few vinos but most importantly believe in what Mick has said so far and I don't think he is stupid as some of our previous managers / head coaches have been (especially hair island and jfh)
Let's hope we can turn this around against Boro
Good morning all it's 2am here

Keep The Faith
U R's

Very early days but I do think MB might have to temper some of his romantic notions and be a bit more pragmatic in the short-term. We have plenty of attacking midfielders in Chair, Willock, Richards, Amos (although I accept they weren’t all available today), what we aren’t spoilt for choice with are DFMs; Sam Field should be there. Stef spraying the ball around like Wilkins? Hmm, not sure about that. Dozzell

Evolution, not revolution.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:06 - Jul 30 with 2461 viewsdavman

1. Come on, its Blackburn (a) - we never ever win there and usually lose 1-0.
2. The close season is nowhere near long enough - both teams looked short of legs out there even with the subs.
3. Dykes showed us what we should all know by now. Bonne should start next week - at least he runs round a bit and can control a ball.
4. They scored a worldy. They were as abject as we were; the only difference was that they scored a goal and we didn't.
5. JCS and Dickie looked alright. Field looked OK, but is a defensive midfielder and not the 8 MB wants him to be.
6. Chair scores his and Armstrong his and life a'int that bad.
7. We might lose a couple more before we register a point this season; even after that, there'll be 43 more games to claim 16th...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:08 - Jul 30 with 2428 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:58 - Jul 30 by connell10

Yes but the slump started when Willock was fit .

Then we shouldn’t have missed him today then, should we?

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:08 - Jul 30 with 2420 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:57 - Jul 30 by THEBUSH

Blackburn very average team, us same old, no punch up front.

Our manager knows whats happening, lets hope he has a little bit of money, to spend ?

Mick Beale needs to let the owners know we are not good enough and he has inherited a weak squad

Our youth and academy system are poor and it needs to be called out not hidden by the Eze one off.
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:10 - Jul 30 with 2360 viewsstevec

Very early days but might be an idea if Beale refrains from talking a good game and constantly referencing Raymond Harford.

These are the sort of things that can bite you on the arse. Quickly.
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:12 - Jul 30 with 2313 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:59 - Jul 30 by DTIG

So nothings changed….at all.
Too slow on the ball
No goal threat
Rather go backwards than forwards
Johansen is pointless
Thomas is pointless
Dykes is pointless
We never look like scoring
A p*ss poor Blackburn still beat us at Ewood Park…as usual.

I really did think that we’d look different under Beale. More intensity. Faster movement of the ball…..but no. We have literally carried on where we left off.

At least those who wanted Warburton to stay won’t be disappointed. It’s just like playing under him.

Hmm, let’s see how many we win away. Short memories

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:15 - Jul 30 with 2266 viewsNortholt_Rs

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:10 - Jul 30 by stevec

Very early days but might be an idea if Beale refrains from talking a good game and constantly referencing Raymond Harford.

These are the sort of things that can bite you on the arse. Quickly.

Early days yes but that ‘performance’ was deeply worrying. Be good to get some reports from those poor buggers that travelled up for the game.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:17 - Jul 30 with 2219 viewsDejR_vu

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:15 - Jul 30 by Northolt_Rs

Early days yes but that ‘performance’ was deeply worrying. Be good to get some reports from those poor buggers that travelled up for the game.

We’ll at least the journey there and back was/is easy. Well worth the effort, I’m sure
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 17:18]

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:17 - Jul 30 with 2213 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:06 - Jul 30 by davman

1. Come on, its Blackburn (a) - we never ever win there and usually lose 1-0.
2. The close season is nowhere near long enough - both teams looked short of legs out there even with the subs.
3. Dykes showed us what we should all know by now. Bonne should start next week - at least he runs round a bit and can control a ball.
4. They scored a worldy. They were as abject as we were; the only difference was that they scored a goal and we didn't.
5. JCS and Dickie looked alright. Field looked OK, but is a defensive midfielder and not the 8 MB wants him to be.
6. Chair scores his and Armstrong his and life a'int that bad.
7. We might lose a couple more before we register a point this season; even after that, there'll be 43 more games to claim 16th...

Whatever the question is Lyndon Dykes is not the answer
We have wasted 2 million on signing him not including his wages for the past two years
He is not good enough for Queens Park Rangers - not enough goals, lazy off the ball and often injured

We need to be much better when recruiting players - look at the donkeys we have signed as goalscorers - they are simply not good enough and we are producing nothing - owners I hope you are noting these crap decisions and who signed them off
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:21 - Jul 30 with 2152 viewsMatch82

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:58 - Jul 30 by Boston

Oh no, they were well matched. Uninspired, little flair, lackluster game, blimey, what happened to the new manager bounce!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 16:59]

Blackburn got it!
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:22 - Jul 30 with 2116 viewsstainrods_elbow

Not a single shot on goal in anger (or even in boredom). Not a single corner. I'm not a professional coach and don't 'know the game', but I do know if that if seven years in the life of QPR fails to permanently recruit and/or bring through one credible goalscoring striker to become part of our team there's an outside chance that's where many of our problems may reside.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:22 - Jul 30 with 2126 viewsMiss_Terraces

Gutted about the result, first game of the season always carries more significance because of the wait. Blackburn away? We don't do well up there so I wasn't expecting much. I'm sure we have a couple of good loans on a way which will make us more competitive, there's no point judging us after one game

I'm in the happy clappy brigade and it feels really strange but I truly believe in our manager

It's strange that I'm in the happy clappy brigade rather than strange that I believe our manager because I did believe in Warburton
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 17:35]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:23 - Jul 30 with 2116 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Blackburn 1 QPR 0
OK - let's face it - it wasn't the greatest of starts.
Poor in attack - our biggest problem - as it is with every other team.
Very little creativity.
But let's not overestimate the quality of the Championship.
There are going to be some poor teams in this division.
And based on this match both QPR and Blackburn will finish in the top half.
We will pick up enough points and we will be well clear of the relegation zone.
That's just in case you were worried!!
Top 6 finish - highly unlikely - unless the return of Willock, Amos, along with Tyler Roberts, on loan from Leeds, and Taylor Richards, on loan from Brighton, who had some minutes late in the game, make a big difference.
We are certainly quicker out of defence than last season.
How often have we complained - side to side - getting nowhere.
No doubt this is a big improvement on the last campaign.
A Travis 30 yard goal, 11 minutes before HT, was the difference - but in truth 2-0 would have been fair.
Seny - so calm and thoughtful - could have done much better.
To get nowhere near a long-range shot was very disappointing.
But he is a good goalkeeper.
His positioning and smart clearances - are well worthy of a Championship No.1.
So to the individuals.
I know Osman Kakkay takes a lot of stick on here - but I thought he had a good game.
That was apart from being 'roasted' once by Brereton-Diaz.
As mentioned last season he has great pace and enthusiasm.
I wouldn't mind seeing him wide in the midfield - although we do have an overflow of players in that area - some of them surely will be departing on loan soon.
Our defence looks tidy with Dunne covering the centre-back roles - off the bench.
In midfield - yes Shodipo has pace but debatable at Championship level.
You can't - of course - make a decision after just one game.
As for Dozzell - he threatens to be good - then sort of disappears.
Up front I like Sinclair Armstrong. He's just a baby at this level.
But give him time and plenty of substitute minutes - and he'll come good.
As for Dykes - I go along with several posters.
But here's a plea - Lyndon prove us all wrong.
So where are we after this match.
We are a midtable outfit.
But it could all change - as mentioned - once Willock, Amos, Robert along with Richards all make the starting eleven.
Disappointing this result - yes.
But we expected this anyway.
Give MB time.
Time will tell.
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 2042 viewsEastR

This team is in desperate need of some goals. Roll on the loan market options

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:29 - Jul 30 with 2018 viewsbenhurst

I thought our general play was good and defending was decent (Stef and Field made a lot of good tackles around the halfway line) but every time we threatened to get near their goal someone would misplace a simple pass. Very sloppy in possession but if we can sort that out then once Willock is back I think we'll do well.

Dozzell and Chair certainly didn't have their best games, I thought Kakay was very good in the first half but not so much in the second.
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:31 - Jul 30 with 1981 viewsstainrods_elbow

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:23 - Jul 30 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
Blackburn 1 QPR 0
OK - let's face it - it wasn't the greatest of starts.
Poor in attack - our biggest problem - as it is with every other team.
Very little creativity.
But let's not overestimate the quality of the Championship.
There are going to be some poor teams in this division.
And based on this match both QPR and Blackburn will finish in the top half.
We will pick up enough points and we will be well clear of the relegation zone.
That's just in case you were worried!!
Top 6 finish - highly unlikely - unless the return of Willock, Amos, along with Tyler Roberts, on loan from Leeds, and Taylor Richards, on loan from Brighton, who had some minutes late in the game, make a big difference.
We are certainly quicker out of defence than last season.
How often have we complained - side to side - getting nowhere.
No doubt this is a big improvement on the last campaign.
A Travis 30 yard goal, 11 minutes before HT, was the difference - but in truth 2-0 would have been fair.
Seny - so calm and thoughtful - could have done much better.
To get nowhere near a long-range shot was very disappointing.
But he is a good goalkeeper.
His positioning and smart clearances - are well worthy of a Championship No.1.
So to the individuals.
I know Osman Kakkay takes a lot of stick on here - but I thought he had a good game.
That was apart from being 'roasted' once by Brereton-Diaz.
As mentioned last season he has great pace and enthusiasm.
I wouldn't mind seeing him wide in the midfield - although we do have an overflow of players in that area - some of them surely will be departing on loan soon.
Our defence looks tidy with Dunne covering the centre-back roles - off the bench.
In midfield - yes Shodipo has pace but debatable at Championship level.
You can't - of course - make a decision after just one game.
As for Dozzell - he threatens to be good - then sort of disappears.
Up front I like Sinclair Armstrong. He's just a baby at this level.
But give him time and plenty of substitute minutes - and he'll come good.
As for Dykes - I go along with several posters.
But here's a plea - Lyndon prove us all wrong.
So where are we after this match.
We are a midtable outfit.
But it could all change - as mentioned - once Willock, Amos, Robert along with Richards all make the starting eleven.
Disappointing this result - yes.
But we expected this anyway.
Give MB time.
Time will tell.

Your 'report' is about as cohesive and coherent as that performance, and your conclusions in your opening lines (or pseudo-paragraphs) suggest you're on bad drugs. You probably mean well.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:32 - Jul 30 with 1978 viewsBoston

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:05 - Jul 30 by Rs_Holy

It has never happened at QPR

We'll, I'm sure if you read the Blackburn boards they won't have too different an opinion of their teams game than ours. Both squads with new managers, both squads producing a meaningless end of the season type of performance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:36 - Jul 30 with 1927 viewsjoolsyp

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:49 - Jul 30 by derbyhoop

Really?

In the short time he was on he twice controlled the ball into him, held off two defenders and brought others into play (with his back to goal). I can’t remember Dykes doing that at all in 70 mins. I’m not saying Armstrong’s the messiah but if we want Dykes to be our lone no 9 battering ram then he’s at least got to do some battering!
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:37 - Jul 30 with 1907 viewsNortholt_Rs

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:32 - Jul 30 by Boston

We'll, I'm sure if you read the Blackburn boards they won't have too different an opinion of their teams game than ours. Both squads with new managers, both squads producing a meaningless end of the season type of performance.

But one team scores a goal and gets the 3 points…. That’s the difference!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:38 - Jul 30 with 1886 viewsjohncharles

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:53 - Jul 30 by strikerace

That was pretty depressing. A lot of of our players just looked overmatched. Need Willock back, I'd try Bonne with Dykes too

Can’t understand why we didn’t start with Bonne & Dykes

Strong and stable my arse.

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:46 - Jul 30 with 1788 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:50 - Jul 30 by Damo1962

We haven't created anything. Could be a long wait for the first goal and point this season.

That magic word "Could" - meaningless really

We could beat Boro 4-0.

We're both correct, hence my dislike of the word!
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:46 - Jul 30 with 1786 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:22 - Jul 30 by Miss_Terraces

Gutted about the result, first game of the season always carries more significance because of the wait. Blackburn away? We don't do well up there so I wasn't expecting much. I'm sure we have a couple of good loans on a way which will make us more competitive, there's no point judging us after one game

I'm in the happy clappy brigade and it feels really strange but I truly believe in our manager

It's strange that I'm in the happy clappy brigade rather than strange that I believe our manager because I did believe in Warburton
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 17:35]

I believe in Mick Beale he seems very sensible and pragmatic

However it is very clear Les Ferdinand and his cronies will need to leave after the past 7.5 years of regression under his and their directorship (#clueless)
These idiots are holding us back

No progress in 7.5 seasons
At some stage the responsibility has to be with the Director of Football

U R's
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:48 - Jul 30 with 1736 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn Match Thread on 16:56 - Jul 30 by Damo1962

We are in relagation form in 2022. Luckily we have plenty of time to improve... hopefully. Think our results at LR this season are going to decide whether we struggle at the bottom or not. Can't see us getting many on the road - certainty not as many as last season.

Perspective, with only 1 game to go in this round of matches only Burnley has won away.
Blackburn Match Thread on 17:50 - Jul 30 with 1707 viewsWokingR

Blackburn Match Thread on 17:31 - Jul 30 by stainrods_elbow

Your 'report' is about as cohesive and coherent as that performance, and your conclusions in your opening lines (or pseudo-paragraphs) suggest you're on bad drugs. You probably mean well.

You really are a condescending prick at times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024