Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 90196 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 19:11 - Oct 11 with 5992 viewsToast_R

Laughing at the Media's will to see Steven Gerrard the Liverpool manager in waiting being dashed by the fact that he appears to be a crap manager.
Nottingham Forest on 19:43 - Oct 11 with 5883 viewsJuzzie

Much like at Watford, owners don’t seem to realise the problem isn’t with team Managers or recruiters, it’s usually with them but they have to fire & hire to cover up their inadequacies
Nottingham Forest on 19:44 - Oct 11 with 5881 viewsQPR_Hibs

Nottingham Forest on 19:11 - Oct 11 by Toast_R

Laughing at the Media's will to see Steven Gerrard the Liverpool manager in waiting being dashed by the fact that he appears to be a crap manager.

That's strange because Gerrard seemed to be doing quite well last season.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Nottingham Forest on 19:57 - Oct 11 with 5850 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Nottingham Forest on 19:43 - Oct 11 by Juzzie

Much like at Watford, owners don’t seem to realise the problem isn’t with team Managers or recruiters, it’s usually with them but they have to fire & hire to cover up their inadequacies

Hmmm not sure we are the best fans to be talking about owners like that after the past 10 years! But I would agree with you.
Nottingham Forest on 17:00 - Oct 15 with 5288 viewsthame_hoops

Another loss….. oh well, all of their games up to the January window are bonus games I guess 😜
Nottingham Forest on 17:12 - Oct 15 with 5236 viewsdanehoop

Nottingham Forest on 19:57 - Oct 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Hmmm not sure we are the best fans to be talking about owners like that after the past 10 years! But I would agree with you.

To be fair to our owners, they pay a million a month in to keep us going. They learnt from the car crash fan years where they basically hired in and listened to supposed experts and experienced managers to instead step back and let professional management take over. They have installed a well liked and very sensible chairman and invested in the training facilities and probably moved us as close as they could towards balancing the books within the FFP guidelines. Can't help but think we have progressed massively over the past 4 years once that happened. They made a mess of the start of their ownership and still make the odd clanger, but we could do so much worse than the ones we have.

Never knowingly understood

Nottingham Forest on 06:57 - Oct 18 with 4892 viewsjoe90

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/17/steve-cooper-battling-to-find-s

Got to keep this one alive. I think giving Cooper a new contract says the owners know they’re going down.

Truth is, if we went up, we’d probably have to have a massive overhaul of the squad. It’s unrealistic to think you can stick to a squad that got you up, especially one that is full of loans.
Nottingham Forest on 07:39 - Oct 18 with 4804 viewsDWQPR

Nottingham Forest on 06:57 - Oct 18 by joe90

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/17/steve-cooper-battling-to-find-s

Got to keep this one alive. I think giving Cooper a new contract says the owners know they’re going down.

Truth is, if we went up, we’d probably have to have a massive overhaul of the squad. It’s unrealistic to think you can stick to a squad that got you up, especially one that is full of loans.

What I don’t understand though is although they may have lost 14 players from their squad at the end of last season, two of them, Spence and Garner, they could have bought for around £20million being what their parent clubs got in from Spurs and Everton. They surely would have been in prime position for the other three loans as we were a couple of years back with Johansen, Austin, Field and De Vijs. This would have given them much more stability going up and much less need for the trolley dash that saw them end up with three left backs.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 07:41 - Oct 18 with 4807 viewstraininvain

There’s an overhaul of the squad and there’s signing 20 plus players with a number of them on £100k+ pw wages that’ll make Forest an FFP risk if/when they’re relegated.

I like to think that if we get promoted we’ll be a lot more sensible and keep one eye on what happens if we get relegated. Forest seem to have bet the house on staying up. We’ll see how it pans out for them but as we surely know it’s a risky strategy getting relegated with a massive wage bill.
Nottingham Forest on 07:57 - Oct 18 with 4755 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Nottingham Forest on 07:39 - Oct 18 by DWQPR

What I don’t understand though is although they may have lost 14 players from their squad at the end of last season, two of them, Spence and Garner, they could have bought for around £20million being what their parent clubs got in from Spurs and Everton. They surely would have been in prime position for the other three loans as we were a couple of years back with Johansen, Austin, Field and De Vijs. This would have given them much more stability going up and much less need for the trolley dash that saw them end up with three left backs.

Apparently Cooper didnt want Garner or Spence. There is an article in The Guardian today about what is happening at Forest.
In a nutshell, they all agreed when they went up they would stick to buying under 26 years age for resale value, Cooper turned down above players, recruitment team went out and bought alternatives. The owners son then went on a spending spree (Lingard etc) and blew the whole thing out the water.
Seems a complete omnishambles.
Nottingham Forest on 08:16 - Oct 18 with 4703 viewsdaveB

I don't think the shopping list will be different whether we go up or stay down. Full backs, central midfield, attacking midfield cover and strikers. If we go up we'll be shopping in a different market but positions will be the same
Nottingham Forest on 09:10 - Oct 18 with 4550 viewsjoe90

Nottingham Forest on 07:39 - Oct 18 by DWQPR

What the article seems to be saying is the recruitment has been mismanaged and the owners are now aware of this. They have sacked the head of recruitment and the chief scout.

I know this seems obvious to everyone watching, but does make you wonder how this keeps happening to clubs.
Nottingham Forest on 09:14 - Oct 18 with 4537 viewsjoe90

Nottingham Forest on 07:41 - Oct 18 by traininvain

There’s an overhaul of the squad and there’s signing 20 plus players with a number of them on £100k+ pw wages that’ll make Forest an FFP risk if/when they’re relegated.

I like to think that if we get promoted we’ll be a lot more sensible and keep one eye on what happens if we get relegated. Forest seem to have bet the house on staying up. We’ll see how it pans out for them but as we surely know it’s a risky strategy getting relegated with a massive wage bill.

Completely agree, wasn't suggesting a Forest level overhaul, but we'd have to be realistic about reshaping the squad.
Nottingham Forest on 09:47 - Oct 18 with 4428 viewsTheChef

Nottingham Forest on 07:57 - Oct 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Apparently Cooper didnt want Garner or Spence. There is an article in The Guardian today about what is happening at Forest.
In a nutshell, they all agreed when they went up they would stick to buying under 26 years age for resale value, Cooper turned down above players, recruitment team went out and bought alternatives. The owners son then went on a spending spree (Lingard etc) and blew the whole thing out the water.
Seems a complete omnishambles.

Can't believe Joorabchian isn't all over that lot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nottingham Forest on 20:30 - Oct 18 with 4178 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

My God, watching them tonight against Brighton, neither a shot on goal, nor on target. More shockingly they have not touched the ball in the BHA box.
How it is 0-0 is beyond me. Florist are truly shocking, no doubt they'll win 1-0 then!
Lingard has done diddly squat.
Nottingham Forest on 09:00 - Oct 19 with 3940 viewsTheChef

Nottingham Forest on 20:30 - Oct 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

My God, watching them tonight against Brighton, neither a shot on goal, nor on target. More shockingly they have not touched the ball in the BHA box.
How it is 0-0 is beyond me. Florist are truly shocking, no doubt they'll win 1-0 then!

Find it odd how they use Johnson as a lone striker when he looks like a puff of wind would blow him over.

I'm sure we could agree a decent fee for Scotland international Lyndon Dykes

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nottingham Forest on 09:37 - Oct 19 with 3829 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nottingham Forest on 09:00 - Oct 19 by TheChef

Find it odd how they use Johnson as a lone striker when he looks like a puff of wind would blow him over.

I'm sure we could agree a decent fee for Scotland international Lyndon Dykes

Johnson's been their one bright spark from what I've seen of them.

Bare bones.

Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Oct 19 with 3608 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 20:30 - Oct 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

They’ve basically abandoned the whole Cooper style and ethos and just gone for coagulant now. They’d play 2 keepers if allowed.
Nottingham Forest on 13:36 - Oct 19 with 3555 viewsThe_Beast1976

Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Oct 19 by Northernr

They’ve basically abandoned the whole Cooper style and ethos and just gone for coagulant now. They’d play 2 keepers if allowed.

Oh what joy.
Nottingham Forest on 11:30 - Oct 22 with 3334 viewsDannyPaddox

New signing - any out of contract right winger will do.
Nottingham Forest on 12:09 - Oct 22 with 3222 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Nottingham Forest on 11:30 - Oct 22 by DannyPaddox

New signing - any out of contract right winger will do.

Known for the ‘Truss Turn’ move. A quick change in direction of travel.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Nottingham Forest on 16:17 - Oct 22 with 3047 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Nottingham Forest on 12:09 - Oct 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

Known for the ‘Truss Turn’ move. A quick change in direction of travel.

Everybody are busy watching QPR on this exciting Saturday but I switched on my tv and thought i was still asleep watching Forest beat Liverpool.
Of course it should have been 6-1 Pool but fair play to Pope and the Forest D they held on for a famous victory
Nottingham Forest on 13:13 - Oct 27 with 2645 viewshantssi

WOW, JUST WOW!
Will they ever learn?!
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-nottingham-forest-line-up-100m-januar
Nottingham Forest on 14:33 - Oct 27 with 2503 viewsenfieldargh

Nottingham Forest on 13:13 - Oct 27 by hantssi

WOW, JUST WOW!
Will they ever learn?!
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-nottingham-forest-line-up-100m-januar

I don’t believe this more likely to be 150 million

That’s just the transfer fees don’t suppose they are okaying for nothing

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nottingham Forest on 17:58 - Oct 27 with 2335 viewsTGRRRSSS

Well he probably takes the view that he won't get punished anymore, so why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024