Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 90162 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 08:40 - Sep 6 with 3328 viewsslmrstid

Nottingham Forest on 08:24 - Sep 6 by daveB

They will often claim the team with the best window is the one who has been the busiest, that rarely turns out to be the case

A few teams who have spent a fair bit this summer actually look worse than last season like West Ham whilst Everton have spent a fair whack again and don't look any different.

It's all mad really, you get to the Prem for this pot of gold, most lucrative league in the world and then every club spends it all straight away and lose a fortune. Anyone who doesn't is heavily criticised.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 8:26]

This is what I find crazy about most transfer windows - everyone spends pots of money whilst players move around in a big circle and when all is said and done at the end everyone is about just as good (or bad) as they were when the whole thing started.
Nottingham Forest on 08:50 - Sep 6 with 3276 viewsswitchingcode

They will often claim the team with the best window is the one who has been the busiest, that rarely turns out to be the case

A few teams who have spent a fair bit this summer actually look worse than last season like West Ham whilst Everton have spent a fair whack again and don't look any different.

It's all mad really, you get to the Prem for this pot of gold, most lucrative league in the world and then every club spends it all straight away and lose a fortune. Anyone who doesn't is heavily criticised.

I’m glad our owner has refrained from this ludicrous over hyped /priced transfer madness we have spent wisely in the knowledge that every season could well be our last in the top division.If that draws criticism from these tv experts who gives a toss.God knows what sort of January window Forrest will have if they are in the bottom 3 at Xmas.
Nottingham Forest on 09:08 - Sep 6 with 3242 viewsnix

The thing is most people are about fifteen when they realise it's not a good idea to do things because you get criticised for not doing them (jumping off cliffs etc).

Absolutely right that they often get worse when they change a team too much.

When you have money to spend there are a lot of advisers that have a vested interest in you spending it as quickly as possible on rubbish. It's extremely important to do your homework.

Which is why I'd never criticise the board for buying Dykes: decent record, some good qualities, hard working, wants to improve, potential to improve compared to someone like Ian Dowie: very limited physically, best days clearly behind him, bought because he came from a 'big club'.
Nottingham Forest on 09:21 - Sep 6 with 3180 viewsloftboy

In answer to the original poster, they won’t get done by FFP as they will circumnavigate it by selling half the team to olympiakos.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Nottingham Forest on 09:33 - Sep 6 with 3155 viewsdaveB

Nottingham Forest on 08:50 - Sep 6 by switchingcode

I’m glad our owner has refrained from this ludicrous over hyped /priced transfer madness we have spent wisely in the knowledge that every season could well be our last in the top division.If that draws criticism from these tv experts who gives a toss.God knows what sort of January window Forrest will have if they are in the bottom 3 at Xmas.

yeah clubs like Brentford and Palace seem to have it right, good teams but if it goes wrong and you go down you are well placed to come straight back again and haven't bankrupted yourselves in the process.
Nottingham Forest on 13:14 - Sep 6 with 3022 viewsRangersDave

Nottingham Forest on 09:21 - Sep 6 by loftboy

In answer to the original poster, they won’t get done by FFP as they will circumnavigate it by selling half the team to olympiakos.

Have they sold their ground to themselves yet?

Or better still, sold it to Olympiakos, who will then sell it back to Florist......which can then be repeated until they have written the ground (s) down to zero.

Sounds perfectly reasonable and not at all sneaky to me!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Nottingham Forest on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 2928 viewsPinnerPaul

Nottingham Forest on 09:21 - Sep 6 by loftboy

TBF, as Clive has pointed out, they have made some (genuine) big sales in the past 3 years.

Its still madness to sign 20 players though!
Nottingham Forest on 16:52 - Sep 6 with 2796 viewsconnell10

I'm looking at page 13 by Saturday...you know we can do it....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 09:01 - Sep 8 with 2527 viewshantssi

And still it goes on!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62826452
Nottingham Forest on 09:06 - Sep 8 with 2503 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 09:01 - Sep 8 by hantssi

And still it goes on!

Not the first time this summer they've signed a player who plays in exactly the same position as somebody else they've signed this summer.
Nottingham Forest on 09:24 - Sep 8 with 2462 viewsLblock

This really HAS to blow up in their faces.

I know there’s exceptions to the rules such as u23 players etc but you’re limited to a squad of 25 aren’t you? So assuming the 22 you signed, less Bowler who has gone to LaunderFC, means 21 places covered so only FOUR of your original squad will make the cut??????
That has to be a recipe for disharmony and disaster - one we previously cooked up really well and served up as shitontoast with a side serving of slop.

Personally hope they go on a losing run now, Gurner Cooper is sacked, a Johnny Foreigner takes over continues that run and the cycle of madness continues

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nottingham Forest on 09:36 - Sep 8 with 2436 viewsngbqpr

Nottingham Forest on 09:06 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Not the first time this summer they've signed a player who plays in exactly the same position as somebody else they've signed this summer.

Or in the case of left backs, three.

A penny for Toffolo's thoughts right now, with Lodi siging to get guaranteed game time before the World Cup, and Richards nearing fitness.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Nottingham Forest on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 2431 viewsnix

Nottingham Forest on 09:01 - Sep 8 by hantssi

And still it goes on!

He can't be remotely cheap.
Nottingham Forest on 09:47 - Sep 8 with 2410 viewsdaveB

I'd love it if they end up with less points than new players
Nottingham Forest on 19:14 - Sep 16 with 2145 viewsswitchingcode

Check out their bench tonight
Nottingham Forest on 19:20 - Sep 16 with 2118 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 19:14 - Sep 16 by switchingcode

Check out their bench tonight

They'll win tonight but I don't know what's funnier that bench or the comments underneath the announcement.
Nottingham Forest on 19:26 - Sep 16 with 2089 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest on 19:20 - Sep 16 by Northernr

They'll win tonight but I don't know what's funnier that bench or the comments underneath the announcement.

Hope not and if they lose the post match stuff will be even funnier.
Nottingham Forest on 19:35 - Sep 16 with 2088 viewsDoudou87

How does Steve Cooper pick a team…..

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Nottingham Forest on 21:18 - Sep 16 with 2022 viewsDWQPR

Nottingham Forest on 19:35 - Sep 16 by Doudou87

How does Steve Cooper pick a team…..

The same way most people pick a horse for the Grand National. Losing again this evening against Fulham. I’ll give Cooper three more games before he is found out.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nottingham Forest on 21:19 - Sep 16 with 2022 viewsaston_hoop

Nottingham Forest (R)

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nottingham Forest on 21:21 - Sep 16 with 2009 viewsthame_hoops

Nottingham Forest on 21:19 - Sep 16 by aston_hoop

Nottingham Forest (R)

This is funny… sacked in the morning?
Nottingham Forest on 21:21 - Sep 16 with 2004 viewsstowmarketrange

3 goals for Fulham in 5 mins.More transfers needed immediately.I guess that’s what happens when you don’t know your teammate’s names.
Nottingham Forest on 21:22 - Sep 16 with 2002 viewsStreathamRanger

Nottingham Forest on 21:19 - Sep 16 by aston_hoop

Nottingham Forest (R)

Fulham looking like they belong in the premier league. Forest looking like a worse team than they did last year. Boly having a mare. Gibbs White for £35million is absolute robbery.
Nottingham Forest on 21:25 - Sep 16 with 1984 viewsNorthantsHoop

What a mess Forest are, bringing it on themselves by the ridiculous amount of signings, can't believe they signed Josh Bowler and sent him off to Greece. Lucky to go up and will be lucky to stay up. Think Steve Cooper is a decent manager but the owner is having a field day and Cooper may regret not jumping ship to Brighton if that was on offer to him.
Nottingham Forest on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 1934 viewsPhildo

Nottingham Forest on 21:25 - Sep 16 by NorthantsHoop

What a mess Forest are, bringing it on themselves by the ridiculous amount of signings, can't believe they signed Josh Bowler and sent him off to Greece. Lucky to go up and will be lucky to stay up. Think Steve Cooper is a decent manager but the owner is having a field day and Cooper may regret not jumping ship to Brighton if that was on offer to him.

11 or 12 in January should turn things around
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024