Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 90197 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 21:26 - Oct 30 with 5442 viewsLogman

Lovely jubbly.

Didn't they beat Arsenal in the fa cup last season with a completely different team ?

You don't get too much for 145 million these days, do you ?
Nottingham Forest on 21:42 - Oct 30 with 5379 viewsDWQPR

Nottingham Forest on 21:26 - Oct 30 by Logman

Lovely jubbly.

Didn't they beat Arsenal in the fa cup last season with a completely different team ?

You don't get too much for 145 million these days, do you ?

Coops having a bash at the players attitudes after the match. Looking good for a complete meltdown.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nottingham Forest on 00:24 - Oct 31 with 5176 viewsSydneyRs

Seems like the win v Liverpool said more about Liverpool than it did about Forest.
Nottingham Forest on 02:59 - Oct 31 with 5115 viewsenfieldargh

Steve cook the guy that apparently nearly signed for us is the mainstay of their defence

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nottingham Forest on 12:59 - Oct 31 with 4725 viewsdanehoop

Nottingham Forest on 00:24 - Oct 31 by SydneyRs

Seems like the win v Liverpool said more about Liverpool than it did about Forest.

Well at least he is in the nice position that if he doesn't like this group of players attitude that he can just swap them all out for a new set of players who presumably will have a different attitude (or not).

Never knowingly understood

Nottingham Forest on 13:12 - Oct 31 with 4673 viewsR_from_afar

They're going to be the first team to field a player whose number runs into three figures, aren't they?

"The new striker will wear the coveted 107 shirt".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Nottingham Forest on 17:38 - Oct 31 with 4422 viewsPaddyhoops

Nottingham Forest on 02:59 - Oct 31 by enfieldargh

Steve cook the guy that apparently nearly signed for us is the mainstay of their defence

Championship centre half’s . It never works . Ask Fulham!
Nottingham Forest on 20:41 - Oct 31 with 4195 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nottingham Forest on 13:12 - Oct 31 by R_from_afar

They're going to be the first team to field a player whose number runs into three figures, aren't they?

"The new striker will wear the coveted 107 shirt".

Last worn by Friar Tuck in Forest’s successful 1509/10 season…Now that was a proper squad!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 04:34 - Nov 1 with 3980 viewsLblock

Nottingham Forest on 20:41 - Oct 31 by PlanetHonneywood

Last worn by Friar Tuck in Forest’s successful 1509/10 season…Now that was a proper squad!

Centre forward heartthrob

Well I hear he made Marion swoon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nottingham Forest on 04:43 - Nov 1 with 3972 viewsLblock

In respect of the Florist circus though……

Is it because we were such an absolute car crash that we take such an active interest in other club’s following the same path or even looking to top trump us??? I kind of feel like a hideous rubber necker but at the same time fascinated and enjoying their complete lack of self awareness and fcukupery.

No particular historical axe to grind with Florist in particular (aside from Billy Davies) in fact my Dad would say they were the club he followed as he loved Cloughie. However I’ve had issues with one or two of their fans over trips up there so no love lost – it really does boil down to wanting to laugh loudly at them whilst shouting “YOU EEJITS!!!”

I’ve no idea how loaded their Pavorotti sized owner is but he’s surely putting the medium term future of their club at risk (again) and it’s another FFP mockery

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nottingham Forest on 06:29 - Nov 1 with 3912 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nottingham Forest on 04:34 - Nov 1 by Lblock

Centre forward heartthrob

Well I hear he made Marion swoon

He was adored by Forest fans. Little known fact: the first recorded football chants were about Frair Tuck.

Away at Ye Olde York FC, the home fans started singing ’Who ate all the pies?’ at Tuck as he demolished his half time pork pie and made light work of Little John’s too.

Whereupon the Forest fans replied: ‘He’s two of our own, he’s two of our own, Friar Tuck is two of our own!’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Nottingham Forest on 07:42 - Nov 1 with 3809 viewsstowmarketrange

Nottingham Forest on 04:43 - Nov 1 by Lblock

In respect of the Florist circus though……

Is it because we were such an absolute car crash that we take such an active interest in other club’s following the same path or even looking to top trump us??? I kind of feel like a hideous rubber necker but at the same time fascinated and enjoying their complete lack of self awareness and fcukupery.

No particular historical axe to grind with Florist in particular (aside from Billy Davies) in fact my Dad would say they were the club he followed as he loved Cloughie. However I’ve had issues with one or two of their fans over trips up there so no love lost – it really does boil down to wanting to laugh loudly at them whilst shouting “YOU EEJITS!!!”

I’ve no idea how loaded their Pavorotti sized owner is but he’s surely putting the medium term future of their club at risk (again) and it’s another FFP mockery

I’ve just seen the woman from countdown talking about the new words created this year like partygate,but I don’t think she mentioned fcukuppery once.
Maybe it will be in next year’s OED?It certainly should be in there.Unless it’s listed under Forest instead?
I bet derby fans can’t wait for the crash to happen.
Nottingham Forest on 19:27 - Dec 1 with 3276 viewsaston_hoop

You're never too far away from the next Forest signing!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nottingham Forest on 19:37 - Dec 1 with 3199 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nottingham Forest on 19:27 - Dec 1 by aston_hoop

The final cog in the machine? Not quite, only six more signings to go.

Nottingham Forest on 19:48 - Dec 1 with 3143 viewsaston_hoop

Nottingham Forest on 19:37 - Dec 1 by PlanetHonneywood

The final cog in the machine? Not quite, only six more signings to go.

Getting that January transfer window started early. Another 10-15 bodies through the door should keep them up

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nottingham Forest on 21:22 - Dec 1 with 2994 viewsdigswellhoop

no rules have changed since are fine
Nottingham Forest on 21:23 - Dec 1 with 2984 viewsdigswellhoop

why do you want them to be relagted
Nottingham Forest on 08:10 - Dec 2 with 2685 viewsDannyPaddox

Nottingham Forest on 20:41 - Oct 31 by PlanetHonneywood

This Friar Tuck geezer looks familiar
Nottingham Forest on 09:44 - Dec 2 with 2598 viewsTheChef

Nottingham Forest on 19:27 - Dec 1 by aston_hoop

Can't see him lasting long there.

"Scarpa scarpers"

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nottingham Forest on 13:27 - Dec 2 with 2468 viewsLazyFan

Florists getting their business done BEFORE the xfer window opens. I am sure the Atheltic will try and spin it as a good idea as its early and helps the player settle in. even though they won't as they are at the world cup.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nottingham Forest on 23:23 - Feb 11 with 1900 viewsthame_hoops

Every time I look, Forest lose. How on earth are they on 24 points? Have a horrible feeling they stay up
Nottingham Forest on 00:02 - Feb 12 with 1818 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Nottingham Forest on 23:23 - Feb 11 by thame_hoops

Every time I look, Forest lose. How on earth are they on 24 points? Have a horrible feeling they stay up

They beat Leeds last week simply because their new keeper stood on his head and they took one of their only chances .They are pretty good at home to be fair and shockingly I believe they will survive
Nottingham Forest on 01:40 - Feb 12 with 1721 viewsstainrods_elbow

Nottingham Forest on 13:00 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Player sales. I keep saying it. Opens up a world of possibilities to you - including signing 120 players in five years or whatever they've done.

Yes, they're a ridiculous football club. Yes, this latest trolley dash may haunt them. Yes the Olympiakos connection (16 separate deals, all bar one a loan or undisclosed). But watch this...

2014/15
Darlow and Lascelles to Newcastle, £9m

2015/16
Antonio to West Ham - £9m

2016/17
Burke to Leipzig £13.6m, Lansbury to Villa £3m - total £16m received.

2017/18
Assombalonga to Boro - £15m

2018/19
Brereton to Blackburn - £7m

2019/20
Appiah to Almeria - £8m (dodgy as fck, but still...)
Four other players sold for £5m - season total £13m

2020/21
Matty Cash to Villa £14m

2021/22
No big declared sales but Carvalho, who they reckon they spent £10m on, went to Olympiakos for an undisclosed fee. Again, dodgy as fck, but still...

£82m received there + Carvalho. Other smaller sales to throw on that as well. They've brought in £100m for players.

This is what I keep banging on about. FFP is not a problem, buying players is not a problem, if you can sell players regularly for significant transfer fees. That's how we get out of this. Best season we've had since our most recent relegation was built on the sale of Eze. We need to sell players.

This post has been edited by an administrator

And what I keep banging on about is how you build a team, engage younger supporters, and create any kind of togetherness or team spirit if your whole raison d'etre is essentially just investing in training, recruitment and player development to sell to the highest (or lowest) bidder at the earliest opportunity. What, exactly, is in it for fans, or indeed the point of any of it?

I know, I know - I don't 'understand', I'm old-fashioned, blah blah blah blah.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 1:41]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Nottingham Forest on 07:57 - Feb 12 with 1640 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nottingham Forest on 23:23 - Feb 11 by thame_hoops

If they do, then I expect they'll stop faffing around in the transfer market and start investing properly.

Nottingham Forest on 09:15 - Feb 12 with 1547 viewsdistortR

Forest signed a shit load of players.
We signed a load of shit players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024