Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever player 18:15 - Aug 4 with 10454 viewspaulhoop2

Following on from other threads

Who’s the worst ever player you have seen for rangers in the flesh?

1st up - Bob Malcom

2nd up - Gus Cesar

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst ever player on 18:23 - Aug 4 with 4687 viewstoboboly

Can I just say that John Curtis was absolute $hite

Honourable mentions to Maiga, Priskin, Borrowdale, Ikeme and Pellicori.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Worst ever player on 18:24 - Aug 4 with 4687 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’ve had limited players that have tried hard like Connor Washington

We’ve had talented players that couldn’t give a fck like Jose Bosingwa

One player that was both lazy and shit was Aleasandro Pellicori.
Worst ever player on 18:25 - Aug 4 with 4679 viewsdenhamhoop2

Christer Warren with dishonourable mentions for Gus Caesar John Curtis Warren Barton and Keith Rowland
Worst ever player on 18:34 - Aug 4 with 4648 viewsWokingR

Bas has already mentioned Bosingwa so this thread is pretty much finished
Worst ever player on 18:42 - Aug 4 with 4633 viewsstanistheman

Worst ever player on 18:23 - Aug 4 by toboboly

Can I just say that John Curtis was absolute $hite

Honourable mentions to Maiga, Priskin, Borrowdale, Ikeme and Pellicori.

Thanks for mentioning Borrowdale, I had been trying for weeks now to recall a shocking left back that we had other than Christer Warren and Hamalainen.

The worst I saw in the flesh is probably Bob Malcolm on his shockingly bad debut, but I also so a player that was once not too bad and we sold for a decent 7 figure sum to Forest. Only to return years later and was an absolute waste of space on the pitch in a game we lost (I think 0-3 at home to Ipswich) - his name Nigel Quashie.
Worst ever player on 18:52 - Aug 4 with 4610 viewsstevec

I’ll see your Gus Caesar and raise you a Brian Williams.
Worst ever player on 19:05 - Aug 4 with 4570 viewsQPRSteve

I'll see your Brian Williams and raise you a Karl Elsey and a Peter Davidson.

I know he scored some goals for us but I could not abide Stuart Wardley. Bought from Saffron Walden and it showed. Had the turning circle of a battleship and the touch of an elephant. Dreadful player.
Worst ever player on 19:15 - Aug 4 with 4546 viewsDWQPR

Brian Williams is without doubt up there. Remember him running down the left wing towards the Loft, well when I say running his physique was move akin to rolling, nutmegs Terry Yorath and then inexplicably crosses the ball right into the paddock. The ground was stunned.

But one thing about our great club is that we have no shortage of shît to choose from and unfortunately much of it in the last 20 years. Borrowdale, Warren and Curtis were as woeful a collection of full backs I can ever recall. Caesar was laughably hopeless, Malcolm was, well I don’t know really. Seemed like a supporter winning a competition. Bankole in goal was a sheer horror show, Sammy Koejoe made Lyndon look like Harry Kane and Steve Morrow apart from a 30-yarder against a decent Bolton side was just horseshît.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever player on 19:20 - Aug 4 with 4519 viewsstanistheman

Worst ever player on 19:15 - Aug 4 by DWQPR

Brian Williams is without doubt up there. Remember him running down the left wing towards the Loft, well when I say running his physique was move akin to rolling, nutmegs Terry Yorath and then inexplicably crosses the ball right into the paddock. The ground was stunned.

But one thing about our great club is that we have no shortage of shît to choose from and unfortunately much of it in the last 20 years. Borrowdale, Warren and Curtis were as woeful a collection of full backs I can ever recall. Caesar was laughably hopeless, Malcolm was, well I don’t know really. Seemed like a supporter winning a competition. Bankole in goal was a sheer horror show, Sammy Koejoe made Lyndon look like Harry Kane and Steve Morrow apart from a 30-yarder against a decent Bolton side was just horseshît.

and the latter was deemed to be better than the late great Alan McDonald by Stupid Houston.
Worst ever player on 19:25 - Aug 4 with 4507 viewsTonto

Gus Ceaser

Bob Malcom was slow and immobile rather than crap IMO (althoughbtjat may amount to the same thing)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Worst ever player on 19:33 - Aug 4 with 4480 viewsterryb

Brian Williams & Karl Elsey have already been mentioned & are both worthy of including in this thread.

However, Victor Bloody Mobley wins this by the proverbial country mile!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 19:38]
Worst ever player on 19:41 - Aug 4 with 4463 viewspaulhoop2

Vinny Jones anyone ?

Karl Connelly used to upset me same as George Santos lol

Shout out to Paul Bruce and Marcus Bent

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst ever player on 19:43 - Aug 4 with 4454 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst ever player on 19:41 - Aug 4 by paulhoop2

Vinny Jones anyone ?

Marcus Bent is harsh!

Still playing non league by the way.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 19:44]
Worst ever player on 19:57 - Aug 4 with 4414 viewsTripleR

Mobido Miaga, dreadful. Ji Sung Park, pants. Anton Ferdinand - nice bloke, shite footballer.
Jurgen Sommer, reasonable game against Villa, rest of the time, awful.
Worst ever player on 20:09 - Aug 4 with 4391 viewsdenhamhoop2

Forgot to add 2 of the fattest and seen better days players in Neil Ruddock and Brett Angell(Fantastic in the changing room apparently)
Worst ever player on 20:16 - Aug 4 with 4374 viewshantssi

Worst ever player on 19:41 - Aug 4 by paulhoop2

Vinny Jones anyone ?

I actually liked Santos, he tried his hardest no matter where he was asked to play, which was pretty much everywhere except in goal!
Never forget his goal against Norwich either!
Worst ever player on 20:22 - Aug 4 with 4355 viewsToast_R

Shaun Wright-Phillips was probably the worst but on ability I'd go for a tie between Zesh Rehman and John Curtis. The match we played both of those in the same defence was probably my lowest moment.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 20:24]
Worst ever player on 20:26 - Aug 4 with 4346 viewsqpr1976

1) Bankole
2) Malcolm
3) Williams

Caesar would have featured, but I think only ever on loan (thank god), never an R.

Happy to be corrected…..?
Worst ever player on 20:33 - Aug 4 with 4328 viewsdutch

Christopher Samba for multi millions of pounds having a nervous breakdown and an absolute nightmare away at Fulham, lost it completely, perhaps the worst I've ever seen.
Worst ever player on 21:09 - Aug 4 with 4267 viewsMancR

Ben Gladwin and Warren Barton 🤢
Worst ever player on 21:13 - Aug 4 with 4261 viewsDorse

Worst ever player on 20:09 - Aug 4 by denhamhoop2

Forgot to add 2 of the fattest and seen better days players in Neil Ruddock and Brett Angell(Fantastic in the changing room apparently)

Ruddock was rapid in training. Used to sprint past the salad bar every day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Worst ever player on 21:18 - Aug 4 with 4246 viewscharmr

Brian Williams was somewhat affectionately known within my rabble of QPR stalwarts as Brian Skilliams.

Does it count if you witnessed a GK never make a save, his royal arroganceness Mr Tony Roberts.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 21:20]
Worst ever player on 21:23 - Aug 4 with 4230 viewsOakR

In Goal Ademole Bankole, upfront Dominic Iorfa (they were both entertaining to be fair).

I can never really remember midfielders being awful, but as above I could not stand Vinnie Jones playing for us a real low.

Surprised Ruddock got a mention, despite his mass, I thought he was decent for us.

Our worst CB pairing was Rehman and Stewart when they started together. They did improve though.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Worst ever player on 21:25 - Aug 4 with 4227 viewsTomS

I don't think it's fair to include players on this list who were clearly way past their "Best By" date when they signed for us. We also tried out some very limited players when we were broke and in the third tier. Blame the manager who signed them rather than the players themselves.

I'd put Ian Dowie and Eric Sabin into those categories.
Worst ever player on 22:03 - Aug 4 with 4173 viewsHayesender

I remember sitting at Middlesbrough watching Tamas Priskin and Marcus Bent (in red boots) lumbering around for 90 minutes.

Doesn't get much worse than that

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024