Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't think I can stand another season 23:39 - Aug 16 with 6009 viewsWatfordR

I pay my money to watch our lot and as much as I want them to be fantastic and win every game 6-0, I can tolerate watching poor performances from them, I've had nearly 50 years to get used to it.

But I'm not sure I can spend another season watching such rank officiating. Absolutely no effort to put a stop to the timewasting that started in or around the fifth minute of the game. Countless fouls from Blackpool, 2 yellow cards. Free kicks taken yards ahead of where they should be, throw ins taken about 10 yards of where they should be, despite being told by officials to move back. And in the final insult, four minutes of added time that should have been about 10.

Last season showed me, it's mainly just a different face, same ineptitude. And all this stuff can be so easily resolved. So frustrating.
Don't think I can stand another season on 10:42 - Aug 17 with 1437 viewsslmrstid

Don't think I can stand another season on 10:31 - Aug 17 by BklynRanger

He had a major performance after the final whistle - fist pumping, dread-shaking - a total tit.

Made me think he is actually quite sensitive about his precious locks.

He was running down the Ellerslie touchline screaming "F**K OFF!" at everyone. Classy.

My big thing with all the time wasting is that actually giving yellow cards for it is pointless, because then players will just spread yellow cards around the team, particularly in this five subs era.

What would be much more effective, in my view, is actually to introduce a sin bin approach. I really wish football would do this. Time wasting - off the pitch for 5 or 10 minutes. If teams were then having to cope with reduced players due to all this nonsense I think that would have a much bigger impact.

But thats far too radical for our authorities to ever come up with, instead we have Arsene Wenger coming up with this "kick in instead of throw in" nonsense.
Don't think I can stand another season on 10:48 - Aug 17 with 1409 viewsrobith

Don't think I can stand another season on 10:17 - Aug 17 by enfieldargh

on last night Thompson the fella with the dreadlocks goes down holding his head, gets the doc on does all his neck eyes head checks.

R block sing Youve got a $hit fekkin hair cut,what does thompson do as his runnig along to take his 10 yard extra gain for the throw in?, shake his head around showing off his dreads!!!!

I got some stick last night, so I thought it was fair for him to give some back, but really sums up pro football these days that a guy is giving it having spend 30 minutes feigning head injuries. Truly what little kids play down the park to hope to achieve one day
Don't think I can stand another season on 10:57 - Aug 17 with 1373 viewsfrancisbowles

Agree with everyone's frustrations with the officials. It's this attitude of not enforcing the laws and trying to let the game flow, at all costs that annoys me.

It's not an advantage if you are being fouled, to be allowed to carry on and get of a shot or pass or cross that is a worse effort than you would have had if you were not being fouled. When this happens and no advantage materialises bring the ball back and give the free kick where the first observed infringement of the rules takes place. This is what happens in rugby union, you can hear the ref call 'advantage' and subsequently 'advantage over' and it seems to work very well.

A law amendment was introduced numerous years ago to limlt the amount of time that the keeper can hold the ball in his hands. Used for a short while, no real issues that I can remember, but not utilised by a consensus that says 'it's not the way we do things' or 'ref as you would expect it to be ref'd', don't do anything controversial!

Another law change was introduced, to call a foul throw on any throw that has been taken from the wrong place. I think it was rescinded but it would make sense.

It's so easy to implement small changes to the way games are ref'd but the only thing that happens is this lets try and let the game flow at all costs.
Don't think I can stand another season on 11:06 - Aug 17 with 1337 viewstoboboly

Don't think I can stand another season on 10:42 - Aug 17 by slmrstid

He was running down the Ellerslie touchline screaming "F**K OFF!" at everyone. Classy.

My big thing with all the time wasting is that actually giving yellow cards for it is pointless, because then players will just spread yellow cards around the team, particularly in this five subs era.

What would be much more effective, in my view, is actually to introduce a sin bin approach. I really wish football would do this. Time wasting - off the pitch for 5 or 10 minutes. If teams were then having to cope with reduced players due to all this nonsense I think that would have a much bigger impact.

But thats far too radical for our authorities to ever come up with, instead we have Arsene Wenger coming up with this "kick in instead of throw in" nonsense.

Sin bins are a good idea.

I reckon the ref should just reverse the decision. Time wasting? then the oppo gets the thro or an ID fk. If you are losing possession then you quickly stop it.

edit:
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 12:58]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:15 - Aug 17 with 1278 viewsGroveR

Don't think I can stand another season on 08:57 - Aug 17 by toboboly

I don't think we can say, with hand on heart, that he was equally incompetent for both teams can we.

I didn't say, with my hand anywhere, that he was equally incompetent for both teams did I.
Don't think I can stand another season on 13:22 - Aug 17 with 1260 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Don't think I can stand another season on 10:42 - Aug 17 by slmrstid

Great point and wonderful idea about the sin bin. It would only take 2 or 3 occurrences of it being awarded before it would largely dry up. There's so much subjectivity in so many refereeing decisions, they should know the game enough to understand when players are taking the pee.

You don't even hear any chatter about it coming from the football league. It's as if they're completely unaware the game is ruining itself for the paying customers.
Don't think I can stand another season on 13:26 - Aug 17 with 1254 viewsLogman

I deliberately refrained from posting last night as I knew that I would be overly critical about our players and management team and that a balanced view needed to be taken.

Now, having put the result/performance to bed, the thing that I am struggling to bear is the combination of Blackpool shit-housery and incompetence from the officials in stamping it out and adding on the correct amount of time. We were cheated out of the opportunity of getting back into the game and getting a result.

Pathetic officiating and an embarrassment to their profession.
Don't think I can stand another season on 13:39 - Aug 17 with 1204 viewsSK_hoops

Don't think I can stand another season on 11:06 - Aug 17 by toboboly

Sin bins are a good idea.

I reckon the ref should just reverse the decision. Time wasting? then the oppo gets the thro or an ID fk. If you are losing possession then you quickly stop it.

edit:
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 12:58]

The EFL are ostriches with their heads in the sand.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:40 - Aug 17 with 1198 viewsQPR_Jim

Don't think I can stand another season on 10:48 - Aug 17 by robith

I got some stick last night, so I thought it was fair for him to give some back, but really sums up pro football these days that a guy is giving it having spend 30 minutes feigning head injuries. Truly what little kids play down the park to hope to achieve one day

As soon as they scored the script for the rest of the game was written. Of course as fans we'd celebrate if we had won in similar circumstances but it does ruin the spectacle of the game.

I was watching coverage of the cycling a couple of days ago at the European championship and one of the riders fell off his bike and had to get back up and compete again in 3 more races with layers of his skin missing. Back in the studio after praising his effort Chris Hoy had a dig at footballers for pretending to be injured, which was annoying. As much as I love the game it's annoying because he's right and unless we get a grip on it, it's going to undermine football as a sport.
Don't think I can stand another season on 13:44 - Aug 17 with 1190 viewsRs_Holy

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:26 - Aug 17 by Logman

I deliberately refrained from posting last night as I knew that I would be overly critical about our players and management team and that a balanced view needed to be taken.

Now, having put the result/performance to bed, the thing that I am struggling to bear is the combination of Blackpool shit-housery and incompetence from the officials in stamping it out and adding on the correct amount of time. We were cheated out of the opportunity of getting back into the game and getting a result.

Pathetic officiating and an embarrassment to their profession.

Yep... The conclusion to this has to be just about everyone (not just QPR) are fed up with it. Something has to change or fans will start to drift away and find other stuff to do. I am not the only one on here who is now really trying to justify attending certain games this season. & I will not attend another match if I know Andy Davies is referee.
Don't think I can stand another season on 13:46 - Aug 17 with 1174 viewstoboboly

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:15 - Aug 17 by GroveR

I didn't say, with my hand anywhere, that he was equally incompetent for both teams did I.

Apologies if I misunderstood but you said:

"I care less if referees are good or bad than they're consistently good or bad. To all teams."

I said:

"I don't think we can say, with hand on heart, that he was equally incompetent for both teams can we."

My point being that he was far more incompetent to us than them and that didn't fit what you were saying that you wanted from games.

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:58 - Aug 17 with 1125 viewsstowmarketrange

As annoyed as most were at last nights officials and the time wasting they allowed to happen,one idiot had to overstep the mark by throwing a bottle of beer at one of their players.
What do these fuc kwits think that is going to achieve?From the angle of it landing,I’d guess it came from Q or R block.Somebody knows who threw it,and I hope the culprit is found and banned.We don’t need any of these fans here,so please stop throwing things on the pitch,or fu ck off and do something else on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Don't think I can stand another season on 14:00 - Aug 17 with 1117 viewstoboboly

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:58 - Aug 17 by stowmarketrange

As annoyed as most were at last nights officials and the time wasting they allowed to happen,one idiot had to overstep the mark by throwing a bottle of beer at one of their players.
What do these fuc kwits think that is going to achieve?From the angle of it landing,I’d guess it came from Q or R block.Somebody knows who threw it,and I hope the culprit is found and banned.We don’t need any of these fans here,so please stop throwing things on the pitch,or fu ck off and do something else on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

R block and at the lino I believe

Don't think I can stand another season on 15:03 - Aug 17 with 1061 viewsWatfordR

So having had a night's sleep, a day's work and a read through some of the comments on here, I'd add the following:

1. If you want an example of how poor the bodies who govern our game, you need look no further than rule adjustments that encourage officials to ignore fouls in play to keep the game flowing, but ignore the time being lost from games by sh!thousery. The problem isn't really when the play is ongoing, it's when it's stopped because of players apparently dying on the pitch, or when they are taking forever to take throw ons, freekicks, or goal kicks.

2. Sh!thousery is absolutely the sole possession of teams who are either leading, or in a position to get the result they want. It isn't therefore unreasonable to apply a different set of rules to teams in those positions.

3. Specifically, timing of free kicks, goal kicks, throw ins - official places the ball at the spot where the play restarts from, let's have the fourth official operating a countdown of say 10 seconds in which to restart. Go over the time, then yellow card, sin bin, whatever you like, but an actual penalty for the team messing about. That "shot clock" could even be displayed in the stadium.

4. Throw ins from too far forward - ref or lino points to the spot. Go beyond that, yellow card, sin bin, and reverse the decision, so the opposition get the throw or kick.

We saw it in the last World Cup. use VAR to look for infringments in the penalty area at corners and frees, and all that grappling was wiped out in a matter of weeks.

As I said last night, none of this is really difficult to eliminate very quickly. And it will give greater entertainment to the fans, more actual play per 90 minutes, and vastly reduce the chances of me having a heart attack watching a football match.
Don't think I can stand another season on 15:32 - Aug 17 with 1028 viewsGaryT

I think stopping the clock every time the ball goes dead is not a bad idea. So not just when a player throws himself to the floor but for everything, substitutions, throw-ins, free kicks, goal kicks, goals scored etc That will cut out a lot of time wasting but the ref can also have a sin bin for players who, for whatever reason, just want to stop the play. There should also be more effort made to get 'injured' players off the pitch (stretcher, rickshaw, wheel barrow) and maybe bring back baggy shirts so it's bleedin' obvious when someone is having theirs pulled? Or we could remove the shirts altogether? Not optimal for the colder months though...or for the woman's game.

Don't think I can stand another season on 16:09 - Aug 17 with 987 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't think I can stand another season on 09:31 - Aug 17 by Esox_Lucius

Chatting on the way back and came up with a change to the throw in law whereby the 3rd official will place himself 0.5m in front of where the throw is to be taken and the player taking the throw has to have released the ball before reaching that point.
It wouldn't slow the game down and the official already has to stand somewhere so why not there? Kudos for the Stevie Wonder chant at the end, it was apposite.

The official HAS to stand in line with the last (2nd last if we count the GK) defender.

If the throw was in oppo half he could be 80 yards away from where he should be.

See my post on the 'officials thread re the time (not) added on.

Think 4th official doing it or some form of stop/start clock has to be the answer if the clubs are not going to instigate an improvement and they won't.
Don't think I can stand another season on 19:47 - Aug 17 with 896 viewsGroveR

Don't think I can stand another season on 13:46 - Aug 17 by toboboly

Apologies if I misunderstood but you said:

"I care less if referees are good or bad than they're consistently good or bad. To all teams."

I said:

"I don't think we can say, with hand on heart, that he was equally incompetent for both teams can we."

My point being that he was far more incompetent to us than them and that didn't fit what you were saying that you wanted from games.

I should have clarified - I'd rather have consistency from all refs towards all teams, throughout all season.

In this exact fixture last year, Dieng gets booked for time-wasting on 58 mins by the same ref who let Barnsleh's keeper take the living pìss the entire second half of our home game with them while they tried to hang on for first 3 points and then 1.

If no-ones going to do anything about it, we need to be grabbing leads and shìthousing away. I don't like to watch it but not as much as I don't like the empty-handed trips back from Deepdale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024