Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Clubs' Perceptions 17:29 - Sep 9 with 5653 viewsnyhoops

What do you think other clubs (particularly London clubs) views of QPR supporters are? For instance, we all know what we think about Fulham, Millwall, etc. I suppose its not that important, just curious.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 18:53 - Sep 9 with 4565 viewsJuzzie

“Typical xxxxx fan”.
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve heard fans of one club talk about fans of other clubs like this.

There’s no such thing.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 19:40 - Sep 9 with 4490 viewsDorse

I think we are loved by all. We are effortlessly cool. Nuff said.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 19:43 - Sep 9 with 4486 viewsloftus77

Getting tired of people saying to me 'are you KPR now?' That is all.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 19:54 - Sep 9 with 4434 viewsBklynRanger

Not really the weekend to gather this info I'd say...
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 20:38 - Sep 9 with 4356 viewskensalriser

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 19:43 - Sep 9 by loftus77

Getting tired of people saying to me 'are you KPR now?' That is all.

The retort to that is a withering look followed by the information that the Queen in Queen's Park is Victoria...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 02:15 - Sep 11 with 4056 viewsLoftgirl

QPR glory hunters.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 07:49 - Sep 11 with 3942 viewsnix

My mate who's a Fulham fan isn't that keen. I think he's been jostled around by some of our coked up fringe elements.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 07:56 - Sep 11 with 3922 viewshubble

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 07:49 - Sep 11 by nix

My mate who's a Fulham fan isn't that keen. I think he's been jostled around by some of our coked up fringe elements.

It always comes back to haircuts..

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 16:17 - Sep 11 with 3713 viewsNorthernr

I bet they enjoy playing us at home.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 07:39 - Sep 12 with 3410 viewsPaddyhoops

3 nailed on points in recent years.
Quarter pound of Rubbish
God your ground is s**t
Superb atmosphere
My favourite second team( In the eighties)
Didn’t you have that plastic pitch back in the day?
Sorry that’s probably too much!!
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 07:52 - Sep 12 with 3377 viewsjoe90

Vice is usually full of toss, but I thought this wasn’t bad:

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/mg83yq/the-neutrals-guide-to-falling-in-love

I think some fans would appreciate our unique characteristics, but those same things would also put many off - our own fans included!
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 8:47]
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 08:42 - Sep 12 with 3329 viewsLandshark

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 07:39 - Sep 12 by Paddyhoops

3 nailed on points in recent years.
Quarter pound of Rubbish
God your ground is s**t
Superb atmosphere
My favourite second team( In the eighties)
Didn’t you have that plastic pitch back in the day?
Sorry that’s probably too much!!

I usually get the 70s and 80s thing a lot...

"I used to have a soft spot for QPR with the likes of Bowles playing"

That is sometimes followed by something similar to...

"But after they tried to buy their way to success recently I went off them"
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 08:53 - Sep 12 with 3297 viewsngbqpr

I think there were times we were genuinely liked (70s team, bloodying big boys' noses early 90s), times (plastic pitch, Flavio) when we were hated.

Right at this moment in time, I think it's probably mass disinterest. Think for a minute, at any given time, how many of the 92 do you really have strong feelings about? Suspect we're currently in the 80+ most fans have no particular feelings on at all.

The kit, I think, is well liked.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 09:24 - Sep 12 with 3221 viewsSydneyRs

Would like to think we're seen as proper fans in contrast to premiership glory hunters.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 09:34 - Sep 12 with 3208 viewsTheChef

Also how we perceive ourselves amongst other London clubs?

For example I'd say we have more in common with West Ham than our local rivals (tradition of playing good football, passionate fans, at least until recently a compact atmospheric ground in the heart of the local area)? Although they would probably look down their noses at us.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 09:57 - Sep 12 with 3160 viewsterryb

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 09:34 - Sep 12 by TheChef

Also how we perceive ourselves amongst other London clubs?

For example I'd say we have more in common with West Ham than our local rivals (tradition of playing good football, passionate fans, at least until recently a compact atmospheric ground in the heart of the local area)? Although they would probably look down their noses at us.

I understand equating with West Ham, but I would have thought that Palace were the club we had most in common with.

Both clubs mainly confined to the 3rd division until the late 60's (Palace even played in the 4th) before establishing in the top two divisions & flirting with the top. The difference being that Palace have adapted to the 21st century better than us.

I find that in the Ipswich area Queens Park Rangers are given little thought, but it is accepted that a "newcomer" should not change his team as well as his place of abode. Indeed, I think our band of supporters in the area are quite well received & given a lot more credit than followers of the "big" clubs.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 11:19 - Sep 12 with 3039 viewsTheChef

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 09:57 - Sep 12 by terryb

I understand equating with West Ham, but I would have thought that Palace were the club we had most in common with.

Both clubs mainly confined to the 3rd division until the late 60's (Palace even played in the 4th) before establishing in the top two divisions & flirting with the top. The difference being that Palace have adapted to the 21st century better than us.

I find that in the Ipswich area Queens Park Rangers are given little thought, but it is accepted that a "newcomer" should not change his team as well as his place of abode. Indeed, I think our band of supporters in the area are quite well received & given a lot more credit than followers of the "big" clubs.

Hmmm yeah Palace probably a fair comparison in terms of historic league positions and trophies won; just for me they feel like a bit of a 'mickey mouse' club compared to West Ham. And they are deepest South London...

But then other clubs might see us as 'mickey mouse' as well

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 13:20 - Sep 12 with 2892 viewsjoe90

The comparisons between West Ham and Palace are way off the mark.

Is it possible we’re a unique club, superficially with more in common with Brentford? Comparisons aren’t an exact science.

Fulham, Brentford, Palace and Millwall haven’t won a domestic trophy between them. We’ve had a higher finish in the top division then all of them including, West Ham and Wimbledon.

Charlton are our closet comparison in terms of ‘success’.

In terms of perception I doubt anyone cares about us. Older generation will remember Bowles and Marsh, the younger generation high spending prem years. We’re probably irrelevant in most fans eyes. I imagine Fulham and Brentford fans are probably the only ones with an opinion. The longer they stay in the Prem, the faster that will fade.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 14:32 - Sep 12 with 2754 viewslightwaterhoop

When i mention to anybody that i support QPR i usually get a pregnant pause then a look like i'm some kind of weirdo.The thing i really hate about this is that i have been to hundreds
of more games than any of these people.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 14:47 - Sep 12 with 2713 viewskensalriser

No one really cares that much. Likewise, I'm not really that bothered about most other clubs, least of all their fans. In truth, I imagine that fans in general are much more alike than they would care to think. Some of the odious people who own clubs now bother me a lot more.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 14:51 - Sep 12 with 2710 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I find that a lot of fans from other clubs (particularly premier league clubs but not exclusively) seem to think we’re better than we are. They always assume we’ll be pushing for promotion even though they couldn’t name you one of our players. When you tell them that you don’t think we’ll be going up this season they seem surprised.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 16:13 - Sep 12 with 2618 viewsthemodfather

i won't do the survey but used to not mind many clubs, now? sod em all.
whetner north v south, east v west, blue v red...doesn't matter
they could have lace up shorts, woollen shorts, shorts with pockets it doesn't matter it's football.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 18:31 - Sep 12 with 2517 viewsswitchingcode

I Like most of the fans on here
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 18:57 - Sep 12 with 2457 viewsdistortR

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 18:31 - Sep 12 by switchingcode

I don't care, you still can't have Seny.
Other Clubs' Perceptions on 20:19 - Sep 12 with 2324 viewsMrSheen

Other Clubs' Perceptions on 18:31 - Sep 12 by switchingcode

Average age might have something to do with that, grown out of the written equivalent of w*nker signs.

I imagine fans of most clubs our size would have some historical sense of grievance against us for something we can’t remember, while fans of “bigger” clubs won’t understand why we won’t unchain ourselves from such a hopeless cause. So, about what we think of most other clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024