Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Iroegbunam 23:11 - Oct 7 with 10746 viewsPetros

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player grow in confidence over the course of 90 minutes like this guy tonight. He’s going to be some player.
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:13 - Oct 7 with 6288 viewsBoston

Think I'll be able to pronounce his name in a week or two.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:13 - Oct 7 with 6286 viewsQPR_Jim

I liked the way he'd receive the ball and turn, even if he had a man on him, he'd just spin them. So much last season the midfield would receive the ball feel the presence of an opponent then lay it straight back to a defender. Really good to see and I thought he was immense tonight.
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:15 - Oct 7 with 6260 viewsaston_hoop

He's legit going to play for England one day, still in his first 10 senior appearances. Such a shame he isn't ours

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:16 - Oct 7 with 6238 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolute class. Touch, skill, strength. It's all there.
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:18 - Oct 7 with 6179 views100percent

I think it was the changes that Beale made which gave him more control and more opportunity to take the ball and move forward. After conceding a non penalty, to come back as confident as that showed maturity beyond his years. Definitely a player that is going to get better and better with game time....
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:21 - Oct 7 with 6128 viewsqueensparker

Agree - he’s some player. His first thought when he gets the ball is always to spin forwards and break and he’s got the touch and skills to do it even in ridiculously tight spaces. Looking forward to watching him this season.
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:23 - Oct 7 with 6080 viewsMalintabuk

Echo everything above. He was impressive tonight and as pointed out he as barely 10 professional games under his belt
Remember at the start of the season how long it took Paal to settle into the championship and he was a "seasoned" Pro compared to Tim
Think he is a great player in the making
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:24 - Oct 7 with 6068 viewstraininvain

Very impressive tonight despite being at fault for the pen. I want to see more of him travelling with the ball from deep. Reminded me of a Championship Patrick Vieira at times tonight.

Scary to think that he’s probably not even made 10 appearances between Villa and us. His potential is huge.
Login to get fewer ads

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:34 - Oct 7 with 5987 viewsMrSheen

Apart from the penalty, a couple of careless passes from deep positions, but what a great last 20 minutes, put us back on top. Lovely liquid mover, such easy control on the turn.
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:45 - Oct 7 with 5904 viewsdannyblue

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:13 - Oct 7 by QPR_Jim

I liked the way he'd receive the ball and turn, even if he had a man on him, he'd just spin them. So much last season the midfield would receive the ball feel the presence of an opponent then lay it straight back to a defender. Really good to see and I thought he was immense tonight.

Yes loved how he does that. Reminds me of Dom Ball.

Although he can't do it every time, and he got caught out doing it to lose posession before their pen.

A couple peaches of passes too and good aerial presence which should have got us that pen
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:57 - Oct 7 with 5783 viewsstevec

Purrs along when he’s on the move, can pick a pass and the way he got that penalty was top drawer.
Tim Iroegbunam on 00:14 - Oct 8 with 5687 viewsLblock

This lad is going to be a…… player (said Tom Cruise style a la Tropic Thunder) that is a cast iron fact.

I just have reservations about him being ready for regular 90’s in the Championship
Guess that’s why we got him so I’ll appreciate him for what he is right now

Interesting observation above which I agree with. He’s got the Beale half stance on the shoulders and attempt’s forward dynamics almost every time. That I love as it’s what the game should be a huge big up to him for that.
I hope and know he’s going to be huge but such a shame we are teething him only and he’ll soon be whisked back to obscurity

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tim Iroegbunam on 00:17 - Oct 8 with 5685 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chatting to an Aston Villa season ticket holder I know, says we have a very good player in our ranks. Like the way he starting exert his playing style within the midfield. To be honest I think we now have the best midfield since coming down from the Prem 7 years ago.
Tim Iroegbunam on 00:27 - Oct 8 with 5633 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Definitely his best game for us tonight. And you’re right he did grow into the game, especially after Johansen went off. If he can speed his game up a little because at times he’s still in Premier league mode then he’s looking good.
Tim Iroegbunam on 01:18 - Oct 8 with 5489 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he was very quiet in the first half, though I might have been in the minority on that one and maybe wrong.

But as soon as he moved to holding midfielder my mate John called it instantly: he changed the match. Like many of you said above he looked composed, tackled hard, and looked to break forward at every opportunity. In that brief cameo he changed the game and, ultimately, won us the extra two points.

Serious potential.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tim Iroegbunam on 01:38 - Oct 8 with 5437 viewsjohncharles

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:13 - Oct 7 by Boston

Think I'll be able to pronounce his name in a week or two.

Yeah but can you spell it ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Tim Iroegbunam on 01:51 - Oct 8 with 5410 viewsbosh67

The Vieira comment is interesting for Tim. I've seen him in the England U21s and you can see the ease with which he carries the ball. I was excited when we got him in and I think he will be a big player for us this season.

Wait till you see Taylor Richards. Another amazingly skilful player. Potentially one of the best left foots we've had here since Faurlin. Like Tim he is a big unit and he has that Eze swagger and glide on him. Plus this amazing wand of a left foot. And he's an R! Very excited to see him fully fit and motoring. He could a very special player for us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tim Iroegbunam on 07:05 - Oct 8 with 5101 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:18 - Oct 7 by 100percent

I think it was the changes that Beale made which gave him more control and more opportunity to take the ball and move forward. After conceding a non penalty, to come back as confident as that showed maturity beyond his years. Definitely a player that is going to get better and better with game time....

Agree. The formation change to a three at the back, with Dozell and Amos coming on allowed Tim more freedom. He is a very good player, however he gave a way a lot of needless free kicks that put us under pressure, but that is to be expected in someone so raw.
It will be interesting to see how much he improves over the season. Exciting!
Tim Iroegbunam on 09:02 - Oct 8 with 4796 viewsBurnleyhoop

Tim Iroegbunam on 01:51 - Oct 8 by bosh67

The Vieira comment is interesting for Tim. I've seen him in the England U21s and you can see the ease with which he carries the ball. I was excited when we got him in and I think he will be a big player for us this season.

Wait till you see Taylor Richards. Another amazingly skilful player. Potentially one of the best left foots we've had here since Faurlin. Like Tim he is a big unit and he has that Eze swagger and glide on him. Plus this amazing wand of a left foot. And he's an R! Very excited to see him fully fit and motoring. He could a very special player for us.

And the Liverpool outcast to bed in…….we are quietly building a very youthful crop of promising midfielders.

The change in outlook of the team, the club and the fans since the arrival of Beale has, in truth, been astonishing. The excitement in the air is palpable.

It’s the hope that kills, but this is not hope, this is belief. Belief in a coach of exceptional ability.
Tim Iroegbunam on 09:16 - Oct 8 with 4720 viewsDorse

Haven't seen much of Iroegbunam other than on a phone screen. And I was squinting a bit. Regardless, what I have seen so far has been really exciting. He has a terrific work rate and looks like he's not afraid of a midfield scuffle. Not the stereotype of a pampered academy type but the sort of talented lad who knows that the oppo is going to try to kill him. Get your retaliation in early and make them look silly with the ball. Great spot from the manager/ recruitment team.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:16 - Oct 8 with 4714 viewsDWQPR

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:02 - Oct 8 by Burnleyhoop

And the Liverpool outcast to bed in…….we are quietly building a very youthful crop of promising midfielders.

The change in outlook of the team, the club and the fans since the arrival of Beale has, in truth, been astonishing. The excitement in the air is palpable.

It’s the hope that kills, but this is not hope, this is belief. Belief in a coach of exceptional ability.

There was around 14,700 Rangers supporters there last night which, being a Friday night, not great weather forecast and match on TV tells you something. I reckon that was the best part of an additional 3,000 Rangers supporters than would have been the case, and they’ll all be back. Looks like the club may need to open up the lower School End again at this rate.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:17 - Oct 8 with 4708 viewsNortholt_Rs

Tim Iroegbunam on 01:38 - Oct 8 by johncharles

Yeah but can you spell it ?

T I M

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:19 - Oct 8 with 4696 viewsNortholt_Rs

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:16 - Oct 8 by DWQPR

There was around 14,700 Rangers supporters there last night which, being a Friday night, not great weather forecast and match on TV tells you something. I reckon that was the best part of an additional 3,000 Rangers supporters than would have been the case, and they’ll all be back. Looks like the club may need to open up the lower School End again at this rate.

I was surprised the fakes didn’t fill the school end…. Given many of us Rs fans have to travel further to get to LR than they do!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Tim Iroegbunam on 11:41 - Oct 8 with 4413 viewsderbyhoop

Iroegbunam is still raw and, sometimes it shows. He got caught dawdling in
Possession ( not for the first time this season) and his desire to rectify the error led to him giving away the penalty.
But towards the end we saw a glimpse of his potential. Should develop, over time, into a top PL midfielder. Pity he's not going to be ours after this season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:27 - Oct 9 with 4089 viewsfrancisbowles

Tim Iroegbunam on 01:51 - Oct 8 by bosh67

I thought he was on loan from Brighton, Bosh 67, or is it that we have an option on him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024