Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 115309 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 22:26 - Oct 19 with 3667 viewsGreenbay

We should know very soon.
Will he go or will he stay?
We are top of the Championship after 15 games.
Let’s face it — that would have been only in our wildest dreams before the season started.
We took a chance with a new manager in his first role as No.1.
So well done Mick Beale.
But why on earth would he want to leave when he has this project working so well.
If he sees it through — even for just one season - and maybe a top 6 spot or even more dreaming — promotion — that would enhance his credentials.
I just don’t understand Beale’s logic.
And if he goes then I will be very angry — bloody angry.
In fact I’m already angry.
And I’ll tell you why.
If he goes he would be disrespectful to those that employed him.
Surely in one of those recent interviews this week he could have just said I’m staying at QPR.
The reason — “I’ve only just joined”.
Mick Beale is a good coach, a good talker and he’ll go far.
But my respect for him will be down the plug-hole if he leaves.
His integrity and loyalty will stink — the equivalent of going into a sewer.
Yes of course I understand the lure of the Premiership — why not?
As he said — he’s ambitious as should all of his players.
It’s the correct thing to have that attitude.
We all have ambitions — however big or small.
But there is a time and a place to strike.
For Beale to move on after just 15 Championship games is downright disgusting.
And this just months after signing a 3-year contract with our club.
Respect, integrity and loyalty are extremely important.
QPR gave him an opportunity.
He took the job after years of learning his trade.
And all credit to him.
But this would be just a kick in the teeth or a punch in the guts to everyone connected to the club.
In the future when he gets the bullet from another club — how could anyone — who want to employ him - trust him?
If you’ve got no respect, loyalty or integrity — then there doesn’t seem to be any point in any job especially as our QPR gave him a chance.
As said he had the opportunity during Tuesday to squash this Wolves ‘invite’.
I was staggered that he did not.
I was disappointed that he did not.
I had been — like many of us — impressed not only with his coaching ability, the way he talks about football, and it seemed at the time - his respect, integrity and loyalty.
Yes a bad run of several defeats — he probably would have been given the boot.
But his contract presumably would have been paid up in full.
And this would happen anywhere whether he succeeds or fails at any club.
At our ‘little’ club (in comparison to those giants) he is learning his trade as the No.1 and gone on to greater things.
In my opinion he would be letting himself down, his employers down and us down.
Somehow with Mark Warburton — respect, loyalty and integrity seemed of paramount importance.
And what are the players going to think?
These are kids and youngsters.
If he leaves what an example to show them.
Absolute crap.
Hopefully Beale will see the light — so to speak.
And me reacting like a wild-thing.
I hope Wolves get relegated, and — if his departure happens - we appoint someone who has the quality of Beale and more - and that we get promoted.
Hopefully the bitter taste in my mouth will have been washed away by Beale staying.
But if he goes then respect, integrity and loyalty — as far as he’s concerned - will stink even more regarding Beale.
I hope he does the right thing.
I hope he genuinely wants to continue and develop this very impressive side.
Mick Beale on 22:31 - Oct 19 with 3441 viewsrobith

One thing to say - ealier people said who would play for him tonight if he was off?

Can I just say- big up the players? They're in a tough spot and they've come out and absolutely minced Cardiff. Great bunch of lads
Mick Beale on 22:33 - Oct 19 with 3338 viewsRangersw12

Mick Beale on 22:35 - Oct 19 with 3285 viewsNorthLondonR

Mick Beale on 22:26 - Oct 19 by Greenbay

Let’s face it — that would have been only in our wildest dreams before the season started.
So well done Mick Beale.
But why on earth would he want to leave when he has this project working so well.
If he sees it through — even for just one season - and maybe a top 6 spot or even more dreaming — promotion — that would enhance his credentials.
And I’ll tell you why.
Surely in one of those recent interviews this week he could have just said I’m staying at QPR.
And all credit to him.
But this would be just a kick in the teeth or a punch in the guts to everyone connected to the club.
In the future when he gets the bullet from another club — how could anyone — who want to employ him - trust him?
If you’ve got no respect, loyalty or integrity — then there doesn’t seem to be any point in any job especially as our QPR gave him a chance.
I had been — like many of us — impressed not only with his coaching ability, the way he talks about football, and it seemed at the time - his respect, integrity and loyalty.
At our ‘little’ club (in comparison to those giants) he is learning his trade as the No.1 and gone on to greater things.
Somehow with Mark Warburton — respect, loyalty and integrity seemed of paramount importance.
Absolute crap.
I hope Wolves get relegated, and — if his departure happens - we appoint someone who has the quality of Beale and more - and that we get promoted.
Hopefully the bitter taste in my mouth will have been washed away by Beale staying.
But if he goes then respect, integrity and loyalty — as far as he’s concerned - will stink even more regarding Beale.

I won't be angry but will be very disappointed
Mick Beale on 22:38 - Oct 19 with 3155 viewsqueensparker

Watching the walk around on the pitch after a victory that put us top of the table it was noticeable that not a single player acknowledged him really.

They’re quite rightly pissed off and I’m not sure a reputation for bailing on “projects” every time you get a good offer is a good long-term career move. What squad is going to trust you again?
Mick Beale on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 3095 viewsbarbicanranger

This is killing me. I don't even know if Mick Beale is going to be that good but what I do know is its never nice when a good thing comes to an end and we're on a good thing ATM
Mick Beale on 22:41 - Oct 19 with 3043 viewsMancR

Come on, are we kidding ourselves?!?! Of course he must take a job in the prem, at at much bigger club and for a monstrous pay rise. His stock has never been higher and knowing qpr, that stock could plummet in the next few weeks. Not one of us in his shoes could turn this down. A shame but you can't really see it any other way.
Mick Beale on 22:52 - Oct 19 with 2780 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 18:44 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

It would be up to Beale and his agent to negotiate his contract with QPR. He might not have wanted to sign up to a bigger release clause, as it could have restricted his options if ever he wanted to move on to another club. Why does everything have to be seen as a mistake by our Board, or Lee or Les? In any contract negotiation, both sides have experts advising them and protecting their interests.

"It would be up to Beale and his agent to negotiate his contract with QPR."

No shit, Sherlock! Equally it would be up to the QPR board to negotiate a contract with Beale and his agent, ensuring the best deal for the club.

In any contract negotiation there is a balance of power. A young coach with zero managerial experience shouldn't be in a position to call shots with an established Championship club. If Beale's agent managed to negotiate this clause, then it's another example of weak negotiation on QPR's part. If Beale goes for a paltry £1m, the board will have some serious explaining to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 2727 viewskropotkin41

BBC Football saying that Beale is due to have talks with Wolves tomorrow. So....

Did he give a post match interview?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mick Beale on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 2692 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 18:05 - Oct 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

I think Mick Beale said he hadn't had 'direct' contact with them or something like that.

"Wolves were thoroughly impressed by Beale during recent talks with the boss and there is confidence that a deal will be struck with QPR to bring him in by the weekend."

That sounds like direct contact to me.
Mick Beale on 22:56 - Oct 19 with 2666 viewsGloryHunter

Mick Beale on 22:38 - Oct 19 by queensparker

Watching the walk around on the pitch after a victory that put us top of the table it was noticeable that not a single player acknowledged him really.

They’re quite rightly pissed off and I’m not sure a reputation for bailing on “projects” every time you get a good offer is a good long-term career move. What squad is going to trust you again?

I only watched the stream, but several players seemed to give Mick a hug. Stef, Sinclair, at least.
Mick Beale on 22:58 - Oct 19 with 2555 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 19:15 - Oct 19 by Padulas_Shampoo

If you’re so convinced they got the last appointment wrong, why are you so seething that he’s leaving? Surely you should be delighted?

Sorry, but are you having a seizure? I'm supposed to be pleased the club appoint a manager who turns out to be a turncoat on a contract that doesn't allow us to hold onto him with a CEO/board who was happy to grant another club permission to speak to him on the night we go top of the pile!? Get a grip!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Mick Beale on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 2516 viewsbarbicanranger

Mick Beale on 22:52 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

No shit, Sherlock! Equally it would be up to the QPR board to negotiate a contract with Beale and his agent, ensuring the best deal for the club.

In any contract negotiation there is a balance of power. A young coach with zero managerial experience shouldn't be in a position to call shots with an established Championship club. If Beale's agent managed to negotiate this clause, then it's another example of weak negotiation on QPR's part. If Beale goes for a paltry £1m, the board will have some serious explaining to do.

I've seen this comment on a few sources now but what negotiating power did QPR have when they convinced Beale to sign? I bet we paid him relatively low wages, he probably wouldn't have come to QPR vs. say a Burnley or Watford with huge resources, but we were interested and he knew there was talent kicking around W12 that he could use with a few signings to do a good job. I'm actually surprised we even have a break clause.
Mick Beale on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 2516 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Reading comments from Beale about being difficult to leave this group of players and it being a big 24hrs for him and QPR.
This is just odd. I'm starting to wonder if he wants to use this as leverage to ensure we spend money in January. He is extremely picky when it comes to jobs, he's admitted he came to us after turning down several other jobs.
It makes no sense to go to Wolves.
Mick Beale on 23:01 - Oct 19 with 2478 viewsManinBlack

Mick Beale on 22:55 - Oct 19 by kropotkin41

BBC Football saying that Beale is due to have talks with Wolves tomorrow. So....

Did he give a post match interview?

Yes looking at the ITV highlights tonight. He will speak to Les and the staff tomorrow.
Mick Beale on 23:02 - Oct 19 with 2467 viewsStanisgod

Mick Beale on 22:26 - Oct 19 by Greenbay

So well done Mick Beale.
And I’ll tell you why.
And all credit to him.
Absolute crap.

Superb post 👌

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mick Beale on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 2406 viewsdaveB

Mick Beale on 22:55 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

"Wolves were thoroughly impressed by Beale during recent talks with the boss and there is confidence that a deal will be struck with QPR to bring him in by the weekend."

That sounds like direct contact to me.

probably spoke through an agent
Mick Beale on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 2407 viewsstevenagehoop

Mick Beale on 22:52 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Was thinking the same.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Mick Beale on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 2305 viewsStanisgod

Mick Beale on 23:00 - Oct 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Reading comments from Beale about being difficult to leave this group of players and it being a big 24hrs for him and QPR.
This is just odd. I'm starting to wonder if he wants to use this as leverage to ensure we spend money in January. He is extremely picky when it comes to jobs, he's admitted he came to us after turning down several other jobs.
It makes no sense to go to Wolves.

I bet the lads he brought in who probably only came here because of him are well impressed.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mick Beale on 23:07 - Oct 19 with 2298 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-beale-says-hed-have-to-weigh-up-eve

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mick Beale on 23:10 - Oct 19 with 2207 viewsdaveB

Mick Beale on 23:13 - Oct 19 with 2116 viewsDamo1962

Mick Beale on 22:31 - Oct 19 by robith

One thing to say - ealier people said who would play for him tonight if he was off?

Can I just say- big up the players? They're in a tough spot and they've come out and absolutely minced Cardiff. Great bunch of lads

Agree. Great response from the players. They will be as perplexed as us if he leaves.
Mick Beale on 23:14 - Oct 19 with 2094 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 22:38 - Oct 19 by queensparker

That is terribly telling, and if he goes, means, sadly for him, it will be with his tale emphatically between his legs rather than his head held high.

AsI've said, the club will also have a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

Let's hope we're all wrong, but I guess we'll find out soon, and the signs tonigh weren't looking good, though he's also apparently announced to a fan in the Paddock there's been no approach. None of it really adds up.

If his head has been turned, the outcome that would make me grimly happiest is that he goes for talks at Molineux, can't agree terms and/or finds something about their 'project' thats not tickety boo, and we then sack him accordingly. Then he can go for some warm weather training - 40 days in the desert.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Mick Beale on 23:15 - Oct 19 with 2082 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 23:00 - Oct 19 by barbicanranger

I've seen this comment on a few sources now but what negotiating power did QPR have when they convinced Beale to sign? I bet we paid him relatively low wages, he probably wouldn't have come to QPR vs. say a Burnley or Watford with huge resources, but we were interested and he knew there was talent kicking around W12 that he could use with a few signings to do a good job. I'm actually surprised we even have a break clause.

Frankly I'm tired of folk like yourself putting the club down. QPR is not a basket case. It's a solid club playing in one of the best leagues in the world. To manage such a club is the stuff of dreams for many a man. QPR took a huge gamble on someone with zero experience. The least it should reasonably expect is a touch of loyalty. However, it has shot itself in the foot by including a low release clause. £1m is nothing for Wolves and will make little difference to QPR's bank balance, particularly if we then have to pay another club to secure a replacement.
Mick Beale on 23:15 - Oct 19 with 2072 viewsDamo1962

Mick Beale on 22:41 - Oct 19 by MancR

Come on, are we kidding ourselves?!?! Of course he must take a job in the prem, at at much bigger club and for a monstrous pay rise. His stock has never been higher and knowing qpr, that stock could plummet in the next few weeks. Not one of us in his shoes could turn this down. A shame but you can't really see it any other way.

Speak for yourself...I wouldn't. But then money and social status has never been my reason for living. I prefer the more noble human charactereristics.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024