Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne Speaks 19:07 - Jan 10 with 7791 viewsRangersw12

I'm sure we've heard all this before 🤔
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:13 - Jan 10 with 5790 viewsblavod

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:18 - Jan 10 with 5751 viewsMedwayR

Actions speak louder than words.

Poll: Who’s better?

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 5645 viewsdmm

Well, at least the lad has come forward with something, even though it is rather platitudinous. That said, he was probably selected to do this as the club knows fans really like him. I think it should have been Field as he's been captain in Johansen's absence.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 5636 viewsNorthernr

I mean what can he say really? I guess they've thought they've got to try something given Saturday really seems to have snapped a lot of supporters' patience. Personally this is an actions speak louder than words week. Go to Reading and put on a performance, then we can talk.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 5634 viewssprocket

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:38 - Jan 10 by dmm

Well, at least the lad has come forward with something, even though it is rather platitudinous. That said, he was probably selected to do this as the club knows fans really like him. I think it should have been Field as he's been captain in Johansen's absence.

Agree with this. JD is a good lad and one of 3 that fronted up to fans on Saturday. Players must know they are at last chance saloon with most fans.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 20:05 - Jan 10 with 5464 viewsbosh67

I think what he should have said was...

People may criticise us but Ivan Toney has helped us finance the club for the next three years based on that result!

(allegedly)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 20:06]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 20:25 - Jan 10 with 5315 viewsstevec

Haven’t seen this for a while. Get the player who regularly puts a shift in to pacify the fans, used to be Rowlands if I remember correctly.

I’d like to see a new twist, get the one who’s putting the least effort in to deliver it.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 20:44 - Jan 10 with 5243 viewsMelakaRanger

Having read this I reckon it’s been ghost written by the clubs PR team
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 20:52 - Jan 10 with 5185 viewsLongsufferingR

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 20:25 - Jan 10 by stevec

Haven’t seen this for a while. Get the player who regularly puts a shift in to pacify the fans, used to be Rowlands if I remember correctly.

I’d like to see a new twist, get the one who’s putting the least effort in to deliver it.

"get the one who’s putting the least effort in to deliver it"

They tried that but he couldn't be bothered.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:02 - Jan 10 with 5136 viewsdaveB

He means well and it all sounds good but I want to see a lot more from players on the pitch these next few games, been crap for too long
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:25 - Jan 10 with 5016 viewsBushRanger82

Too little, too late.

Out of the two cups, at the first hurdle, against lower league opposition.

That's what fecking needs putting right.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:43 - Jan 10 with 4943 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not even going to click on it, because what's the point, but it's one of those things: after the game people were on here demanding apologies and so forth. They give one and they'll be accused of it being PR Spin (which of course it would be, they'd be idiots not to). Don't give one and it's all 'THEY DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGISE!'

Can't change history. Answer is, like the time Olly was about to be fired, go out and win 7 in a row.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:43 - Jan 10 with 4938 viewsHammersmithR

This is classic spin from the club. We so rarely get an interview with a player after the game. The captain should be speaking to Nick London with his stupid questions. I don’t want to see some made up comment from Dunne. I can’t even remember who was our captain on Saturday. I want to see Nick London ask whoever our captain was to ask was it appropriate after suffering a defeat to League 1 team with a piss poor performance to start laughing and smiling in front of the fans straight after the game? Ask them how do you think the fans feel after spending the best part of 12 hours on the motorway on Saturday? So many questions to ask.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:49 - Jan 10 with 4874 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:43 - Jan 10 by HammersmithR

This is classic spin from the club. We so rarely get an interview with a player after the game. The captain should be speaking to Nick London with his stupid questions. I don’t want to see some made up comment from Dunne. I can’t even remember who was our captain on Saturday. I want to see Nick London ask whoever our captain was to ask was it appropriate after suffering a defeat to League 1 team with a piss poor performance to start laughing and smiling in front of the fans straight after the game? Ask them how do you think the fans feel after spending the best part of 12 hours on the motorway on Saturday? So many questions to ask.

Would that make you feel better?

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 21:56 - Jan 10 with 4840 viewscolinallcars

As my ol' dad used to say “son, talk's cheap but money buys 'ouses”
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 22:00 - Jan 10 with 4822 viewsNortholt_Rs

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 20:52 - Jan 10 by LongsufferingR

"get the one who’s putting the least effort in to deliver it"

They tried that but he couldn't be bothered.

Which one would it be though?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 22:10 - Jan 10 with 4778 viewsted_hendrix

Lets see how he gets on-on Saturday, Andy Carroll has just signed a new contract until the Summer of next year.

"AC is the perfect example to follow for any young striker," said Royals manager Paul Ince.

"Not simply in the chances he creates or the goals he scores, but the phenomenal work rate he shows in every minute of every game."

Yea lets just see how JD gets on Saturday.

Apologies In advance for mentioning that vvanker Ince

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 23:08 - Jan 10 with 4580 viewsDannyPaddox

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:38 - Jan 10 by dmm

Platitudinous or duck-billed platitudinous?
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 23:33 - Jan 10 with 4520 viewsBurnleyhoop

What we need to see and hear is Dunne and preferably our captain, Field, throwing a few rollickings around during the game at the players clearly not pulling their weight.

Too much finger pointing and shrugging going on and not enough tough love leadership being shown.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 00:22 - Jan 11 with 4459 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lets hope Jimmy can score the winner again Saturday off his knob end ( borrowed that from Clive,s report ) and settle everybody down
I have always like the guy and believe he cares for QPR but his play has slipped lately also .
Like everybody else said the time for talking is over bring the hammer down on Reading Saturday
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 02:15 - Jan 11 with 4390 viewsvanrrrr

“We feel equally as bad as the fans do“…hmmm.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 09:30 - Jan 11 with 3989 viewsfrancisbowles

Jimmy might feel bad, and I think he personally wrote most or all of this as it's not concise and seems repetitive. However, if they all feel that bad then why haven't they made some gesture to the almost a thousand fans who travelled long distances and spent heavily to watch the non performance.? They could have a whip round and pay it into the club to refund the cost of their tickets or subsidise a discount for a future ticket.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 09:37 - Jan 11 with 3934 viewsMaggsinho

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 09:30 - Jan 11 by francisbowles

Jimmy might feel bad, and I think he personally wrote most or all of this as it's not concise and seems repetitive. However, if they all feel that bad then why haven't they made some gesture to the almost a thousand fans who travelled long distances and spent heavily to watch the non performance.? They could have a whip round and pay it into the club to refund the cost of their tickets or subsidise a discount for a future ticket.

I'd like to see them sacrifice their first born on the pitch at half time in recompense.
Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 10:26 - Jan 11 with 3824 viewsTheChef

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 09:37 - Jan 11 by Maggsinho

I'd like to see them sacrifice their first born on the pitch at half time in recompense.

We're signing Tammy Abraham(s)?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 10:40 - Jan 11 with 3793 viewsPinnerPaul

Jimmy Dunne Speaks on 19:39 - Jan 10 by Northernr

I mean what can he say really? I guess they've thought they've got to try something given Saturday really seems to have snapped a lot of supporters' patience. Personally this is an actions speak louder than words week. Go to Reading and put on a performance, then we can talk.

Well this thread rather sums up the "Can't win" argument.

Quite a few people on here bemoaning the fact that only Critchley had come out and said something about Saturday.

Now someone else does and its "ZZZZZ"; "Platitudes" and "Actions speak louder than words".

It would have been the same if Les or Hoss had said something.

IF anyone at the club does glance at posts on here, think we will be getting less statements not more, if this is the reaction to something that lots on here said they wanted!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 10:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024