Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards 18:41 - Jan 23 with 23689 viewsRsinWales

I've seen this same question asked in passing on other threads, but what is the deal with Taylor Richards?

I would have thought that his 'we sign if we are not relegated' status would have led to a growing number of appearances as the season progressed. Instead, he plays a cameo here and there and then disappears completely again.

If he is coming here, then I'd like to see a bit more of him and build up his experience. I don't see Tim or Dozzel as stand-out players who we can never afford to drop, so it is a bit mystifying why he isn't being given a run of games.

Has the club ever said anything about it?
Taylor Richards on 13:35 - Jan 24 with 4846 viewsBurnleyhoop

Taylor Richards on 22:19 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

As Clive has reported, it wasn’t a ‘try before you buy’ - club wants to buy him, but due to ffp, kicked the fee to this summer.
Been hugely frustrating - he looked a game changer when he came on v Hudd. Really want to see more of him.

Racking and stacking the academy boys without a leader with any real experience in sight…..seems like madness to me.
Taylor Richards on 14:06 - Jan 24 with 4770 viewsswisscottage

Its the market we're in unfortunately. Taking a chance on players with an injury history with the club medical staff's opinion that we can get some of them fit enough to give a return.

For every Field, we have an Amos (or a Dyer). But when they do come off they can be amazing bits of business. I'm still hoping that the slow approach in getting Richards back into the team will pay dividends and that we'll get to see what he's capable of, which I believe will make 500k look very good business despite a waste of half a season.

Furlong for example. Took an age to get him right, but when we did... what a servant he turned out to be.
Taylor Richards on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 4716 viewsPinnerPaul

We're in the club can't win territory again I think.

"Why do we have so many loan players?"

"Buy Richards - are you mad?"
Taylor Richards on 14:25 - Jan 24 with 4712 viewsNortholt_Rs

Taylor Richards on 13:17 - Jan 24 by NorthantsHoop

That's probably why we will buy him for £500k as surely if he is that talented and actually fit he would not be available at this price. Don't think Premier clubs like Brighton would let a talent go for such a low price unless they think he is going to struggle with fitness. As I say not seen anything on his limited performances so far to suggest we could not find a better option that is actually fit.

Exactly what we need…..another perennial sick note in our paper thin squad.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Taylor Richards on 16:00 - Jan 24 with 4578 viewsHayesender

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/first-team/2022/qpr-v-brentford-b/?tab=report

Played and scored today in a game against Brentford B

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Taylor Richards on 16:03 - Jan 24 with 4564 viewssparkey

Taylor Richards on 16:00 - Jan 24 by Hayesender

Very interesting this, many points to pick.

Stef back which is very good, Willocks playing in B team (hopefully a sign he is focused to play himself into form).
Taylor Richards on 16:08 - Jan 24 with 4509 viewsHayesender

Taylor Richards on 16:03 - Jan 24 by sparkey

Very interesting this, many points to pick.

Stef back which is very good, Willocks playing in B team (hopefully a sign he is focused to play himself into form).

I'm thinking we may see JCS, Stef, and Richards involved at some point Saturday, presuming they've all come through this with no issues

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Taylor Richards on 16:09 - Jan 24 with 4508 viewsswisscottage

Interesting thing I took from that is Armstrong did 90 minutes! That bodes well, as his inability to last a game is a significant blocker on clubs wanting to take him on a loan he really needs.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards on 16:10 - Jan 24 with 4491 viewsPinnerPaul

Much more useful match including players such as this, instead of a team of mostly U18s getting flattened by a proper B team.

No idea how 'young' Brentford's side was btw.
Taylor Richards on 16:29 - Jan 24 with 4403 viewsaston_hoop

Noticeable that George Thomas and Niko Hamalainen were not involved as you'd imagine they would be for these kind of games, giving minutes to the likes of Gubbins, Woodman, Pedder, Kolli etc instead. Would like to think those 2 are off in this window somehow if anyone will take them.

Does make it sound like Richards had a good game. 90 minutes and a goal has to be good for his confidence

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Taylor Richards on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 4249 viewsMrSheen

Taylor Richards on 16:29 - Jan 24 by aston_hoop

Noticeable that George Thomas and Niko Hamalainen were not involved as you'd imagine they would be for these kind of games, giving minutes to the likes of Gubbins, Woodman, Pedder, Kolli etc instead. Would like to think those 2 are off in this window somehow if anyone will take them.

Does make it sound like Richards had a good game. 90 minutes and a goal has to be good for his confidence

No Balogun or Amos, but an hour each for JCS, Stef and Willock and goals for Richards and Armstrong is a good return
Taylor Richards on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 4225 viewsstevec

Taylor Richards on 16:00 - Jan 24 by Hayesender

Played and scored, nice.

He deserves a long rest after that.
Taylor Richards on 17:22 - Jan 24 with 4159 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Taylor Richards on 17:46 - Jan 24 with 4054 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Taylor Richards on 18:29 - Jan 24 with 3902 viewsMrSheen

MotM…their keeper.
Taylor Richards on 07:26 - Jan 25 with 3586 viewsQPROslo

Taylor Richards on 08:39 - Jan 24 by dmm

They don't really play in the same position. Tim is a 6 or 8 and Taylor is an 8 or 10.

As mentioned above, Taylor was signed with the idea of him filling the gap left by the departure of Ilias of Chris, so we see him as a 10.

Beale said Richards was an 8. I don't know why he'd lie about that, but then he might have been exagerating how much he really knew about young talented players.
Taylor Richards on 07:29 - Jan 25 with 3571 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Maybe he meant Richards would only play for a QPR side on eight occasions.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Taylor Richards on 12:38 - Jan 25 with 3320 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Taylor Richards on 08:39 - Jan 24 by dmm

They don't really play in the same position. Tim is a 6 or 8 and Taylor is an 8 or 10.

As mentioned above, Taylor was signed with the idea of him filling the gap left by the departure of Ilias of Chris, so we see him as a 10.

"They don't really play in the same position. Tim is a 6 or 8 and Taylor is an 8 or 10."

So when Tim is an 8 and Taylor is an 8, do they not play in the same position?
Taylor Richards on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 3297 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Taylor Richards on 07:26 - Jan 25 by QPROslo

Beale said Richards was an 8. I don't know why he'd lie about that, but then he might have been exagerating how much he really knew about young talented players.

Polite tip to all: Starting any point with "Beale said..." effectively invalidates an argument.
Taylor Richards on 13:58 - Jan 25 with 3151 viewsdmm

Taylor Richards on 12:38 - Jan 25 by Benny_the_Ball

"They don't really play in the same position. Tim is a 6 or 8 and Taylor is an 8 or 10."

So when Tim is an 8 and Taylor is an 8, do they not play in the same position?

Ah, you cleverly spotted the weakness in my comment. But, I did also mention we signed him to play in a 10 role so there
Taylor Richards on 18:50 - Feb 4 with 2736 viewsstevec

So where was he this week?

Apologies if I missed it but I’m having trouble keeping track.
Taylor Richards on 22:36 - Feb 4 with 2367 viewsNorthernr

Let's be honest lads, it's a fcking joke.
Taylor Richards on 00:07 - Feb 5 with 2149 viewsDamo1962

Taylor Richards on 22:36 - Feb 4 by Northernr

Let's be honest lads, it's a fcking joke.

Not a very funny one though. Beale brought these sick-notes in, along with Balugen and JCS - and people were annoyed when he left. Doubt we would be any better off if he was still here.
Taylor Richards on 07:09 - Feb 5 with 1941 viewsArcticHoop

and we still have an obligation to buy him next summer? Great way to use our limitless budget
Taylor Richards on 08:56 - Feb 5 with 1730 viewsstevec

I’m thinking of printing up some missing person flyers and posting them up all round Shepherds Bush.

Not that’s it likely anyone will have seen him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024