Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards 18:41 - Jan 23 with 23687 viewsRsinWales

I've seen this same question asked in passing on other threads, but what is the deal with Taylor Richards?

I would have thought that his 'we sign if we are not relegated' status would have led to a growing number of appearances as the season progressed. Instead, he plays a cameo here and there and then disappears completely again.

If he is coming here, then I'd like to see a bit more of him and build up his experience. I don't see Tim or Dozzel as stand-out players who we can never afford to drop, so it is a bit mystifying why he isn't being given a run of games.

Has the club ever said anything about it?
Taylor Richards on 09:10 - Feb 5 with 5279 viewsHayesender

Thankfully the club are transparent now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Taylor Richards on 09:23 - Feb 5 with 5167 viewsdistortR

Taylor Richards on 22:36 - Feb 4 by Northernr

Let's be honest lads, it's a fcking joke.

It's consistancy, is what it is, a clear stratagy.
He's here to play the role we originally got Ramkilde in for.
Taylor Richards on 09:29 - Feb 5 with 5143 viewsDieByYourSide

Was it not mentioned before the Hull game that his best mate had died? Critchley said he’d been involved in “something quite horrible” as I recall. Could not be in the right frame of mind to play still. Not seen nearly as much of him as we’d have liked so far this season but don’t want to write TR off yet.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Taylor Richards on 10:13 - Feb 5 with 4949 viewsted_hendrix

I dont think he exists, a bit like the Yeti (abominable snowman).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Taylor Richards on 10:25 - Feb 5 with 4887 viewsbosh67

Taylor Richards on 10:13 - Feb 5 by ted_hendrix

I dont think he exists, a bit like the Yeti (abominable snowman).

It's very weird Ted. I have a horrible feeling it is financial. If he doesn't play X games we don't pay Y money or have any obligation. If so it is a crap way to handle things and the player, who obviously has a lot of talent and is an actual fan but I am starting to wonder if Critchley has been told not to pick him for financial implication reasons?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taylor Richards on 10:29 - Feb 5 with 4856 viewsNortholt_Rs

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Taylor Richards on 10:33 - Feb 5 with 4850 viewsPunteR

Taylor Richards on 10:25 - Feb 5 by bosh67

It's very weird Ted. I have a horrible feeling it is financial. If he doesn't play X games we don't pay Y money or have any obligation. If so it is a crap way to handle things and the player, who obviously has a lot of talent and is an actual fan but I am starting to wonder if Critchley has been told not to pick him for financial implication reasons?

That's a pretty serious allegation Bosh. Really poor by the club if true.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Taylor Richards on 11:03 - Feb 5 with 4757 viewsParkRoyalR

Taylor Richards on 09:29 - Feb 5 by DieByYourSide

Was it not mentioned before the Hull game that his best mate had died? Critchley said he’d been involved in “something quite horrible” as I recall. Could not be in the right frame of mind to play still. Not seen nearly as much of him as we’d have liked so far this season but don’t want to write TR off yet.

Richards is 21 odd and grew up in same part of Shepherds Bush as a similarly aged lad who was stabbed to death in North Acton other week, who was apparently on our books as a youngster,

So similar age, from same area and both good footballers so this is likely the recent bereavement of his friend that was mentioned.

Richards is a good lad from a good family so probably just needs time to settle and find his right role in our team which is difficult with the change of managers and systems.

Intention may have been a likely replacement for Willock or Chair (if we receive the right bids) so lets give him time and back the lad.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards on 11:39 - Feb 5 with 4648 viewsTK1

Taylor Richards on 10:25 - Feb 5 by bosh67

He's just turned 22, younger than Masterson, Duke-McKenna or Ody Alfa, but with more minutes for the first team than all combined this season and 100% more likely to be contributing meaningfully next season for the club. He's a few weeks older than Dixon-Bonner. Where's his thread?
Richards got an injury in pre-season. He recently returned to a kind of fitness, but almost immediately was bereaved. The manager mentioned this on Friday., suggesting it was "horrible". He's been on compassionate leave.
Not everything is a conspiracy.
Some of the comments on this thread are grim in this context.
Taylor Richards on 11:44 - Feb 5 with 4621 viewsEsox_Lucius

Taylor Richards on 10:33 - Feb 5 by PunteR

That's a pretty serious allegation Bosh. Really poor by the club if true.

or demonstrative of the dire financial situation surrounding the club currently?

The grass is always greener.

Taylor Richards on 12:28 - Feb 5 with 4516 viewsTK1

As there's a three-page thread about his whereabouts and posters are still using his absence as a stick to beat the club with, over appearance money or some complete fantasy nonsense...

His lifelong childhood friend was shot dead two days before the Hull game. If you look at his Instagram he is completely distraught, broken, in shock. He is 22.
It's none of our business and not up to the club to tell fans, but you can google the story easily. If he worked for me I'd sign him off for as long as he needed - certainly sitting on the bench in Huddersfield a week later is the last thing required, and I'd be surprised if that shock hadn't affected other players too. He's certainly going to be in need of as much rehabilitative care as Dykes so perhaps we can afford him a little bit of space here.
Taylor Richards on 13:48 - Feb 5 with 4300 viewsRsinWales

Taylor Richards on 12:28 - Feb 5 by TK1

As there's a three-page thread about his whereabouts and posters are still using his absence as a stick to beat the club with, over appearance money or some complete fantasy nonsense...

His lifelong childhood friend was shot dead two days before the Hull game. If you look at his Instagram he is completely distraught, broken, in shock. He is 22.
It's none of our business and not up to the club to tell fans, but you can google the story easily. If he worked for me I'd sign him off for as long as he needed - certainly sitting on the bench in Huddersfield a week later is the last thing required, and I'd be surprised if that shock hadn't affected other players too. He's certainly going to be in need of as much rehabilitative care as Dykes so perhaps we can afford him a little bit of space here.

Just want to be clear that I started this thread before I knew anything about the death of the lad's friend.

I started it with curiosity about his longer term absences and his very occasional appearances followed by disappearances.

If he is mourning the death of a close friend, then there is nothing more to be said about his current absence. He is our player and an R's fan. My deepest condolences go the lad.
Taylor Richards on 13:49 - Feb 5 with 4296 viewsfrancisbowles

Taylor Richards on 12:28 - Feb 5 by TK1

Absolutely agree. A respectful understanding is required from all.
Taylor Richards (n/t) (n/t) on 14:17 - Feb 5 with 4182 viewshubble

Taylor Richards on 09:29 - Feb 5 by DieByYourSide

[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 14:32]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Taylor Richards on 16:17 - Feb 5 with 3965 viewsHuckerMOTM

Taylor Richards on 13:48 - Feb 5 by RsinWales

Just want to be clear that I started this thread before I knew anything about the death of the lad's friend.

I started it with curiosity about his longer term absences and his very occasional appearances followed by disappearances.

If he is mourning the death of a close friend, then there is nothing more to be said about his current absence. He is our player and an R's fan. My deepest condolences go the lad.

His close friend, Fernando Johnson, lived a lifestyle that was likely to end up with him being killed or in prison...

https://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/#!pages/shepherdsbushw12:info:concrime159a
Taylor Richards on 21:31 - Feb 5 with 3709 viewswombat

Taylor Richards on 16:17 - Feb 5 by HuckerMOTM

His close friend, Fernando Johnson, lived a lifestyle that was likely to end up with him being killed or in prison...

https://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/#!pages/shepherdsbushw12:info:concrime159a

Think they was in the academy at the same time as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Taylor Richards on 22:55 - Feb 5 with 3587 viewsmart_Goblin

Of course, the horrible incident with his best friend is tragic all and our thoughts go out to Taylor and friends.
But before this incident Critchley had mentioned that he ‘needs to get his fitness up’ on at least one occasion, maybe more. He has been with us over half a year and he still ain’t fit??
I really want him to play as he looks exciting and talented but even Beale hinted slightly about fitness. I know he has injury problems , they all do ..that’s why they are with us , let’s be frank.
But he needs to knuckle down and show us what he has to offer and get fit god sake .
Taylor Richards on 23:28 - Feb 5 with 3521 viewsHuckerMOTM

Taylor Richards on 22:55 - Feb 5 by mart_Goblin

Of course, the horrible incident with his best friend is tragic all and our thoughts go out to Taylor and friends.
But before this incident Critchley had mentioned that he ‘needs to get his fitness up’ on at least one occasion, maybe more. He has been with us over half a year and he still ain’t fit??
I really want him to play as he looks exciting and talented but even Beale hinted slightly about fitness. I know he has injury problems , they all do ..that’s why they are with us , let’s be frank.
But he needs to knuckle down and show us what he has to offer and get fit god sake .

The other elephant in the room?

He hangs around with very questionable people and maybe the club has to consider the possibility of another Leonne Jeanne on their hands...

Maybe those 'injury' issues aren't exactly the full situation...
Taylor Richards on 23:45 - Feb 5 with 3484 viewsngbqpr

Taylor Richards on 22:55 - Feb 5 by mart_Goblin

Inappropriate timing.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Taylor Richards on 00:10 - Feb 6 with 3431 viewsMonkey_Roots

Taylor Richards on 23:28 - Feb 5 by HuckerMOTM

The other elephant in the room?

He hangs around with very questionable people and maybe the club has to consider the possibility of another Leonne Jeanne on their hands...

Maybe those 'injury' issues aren't exactly the full situation...

Wow.

Probably best not to assume stuff I reckon.

As an aside, I was in London a few months ago, and my family and I were waiting at a crossing for the green man to appear. This fella arrives next to us on a push bike, full on Rasta in a tracksuit, my 9 yr old says ‘hello mate’, and this bloke smiles and returns the greeting. My son follows up with a ‘how are you?’, and this guy chuckles, comments on how polite my son is and then spots my son’s QPR scarf - ‘You like QPR? A mate of mine plays for them’ - none other than Taylor Richards! This fella was older, so I know it’s not the friend Taylor lost, but he also came across as a decent bloke, albeit for the 30 seconds we chatted. He told me that he and his mates played for a community team that was pretty well known on YouTube - I remembered it and looked them up the next day, but can’t recall the name now.

So, maybe Taylor surrounds himself with all manner of people, and is capable of making good choices, regardless of the choices of other friends he has? I think there’s probably quite a few of us who have grown up with friends that made bad decisions along the way, it doesn’t always follow that we’re part of those decisions. Maybe football saved Taylor from heading down that path?
Taylor Richards on 07:54 - Feb 6 with 3184 viewsHuckerMOTM

Taylor Richards on 00:10 - Feb 6 by Monkey_Roots

Wow.

Probably best not to assume stuff I reckon.

As an aside, I was in London a few months ago, and my family and I were waiting at a crossing for the green man to appear. This fella arrives next to us on a push bike, full on Rasta in a tracksuit, my 9 yr old says ‘hello mate’, and this bloke smiles and returns the greeting. My son follows up with a ‘how are you?’, and this guy chuckles, comments on how polite my son is and then spots my son’s QPR scarf - ‘You like QPR? A mate of mine plays for them’ - none other than Taylor Richards! This fella was older, so I know it’s not the friend Taylor lost, but he also came across as a decent bloke, albeit for the 30 seconds we chatted. He told me that he and his mates played for a community team that was pretty well known on YouTube - I remembered it and looked them up the next day, but can’t recall the name now.

So, maybe Taylor surrounds himself with all manner of people, and is capable of making good choices, regardless of the choices of other friends he has? I think there’s probably quite a few of us who have grown up with friends that made bad decisions along the way, it doesn’t always follow that we’re part of those decisions. Maybe football saved Taylor from heading down that path?

'Maybe football saved Taylor from heading down that path?'

Hopefully, but the fact that he is close friends with a circle of people who have been convicted of gang related crimes and one of which has been shot dead by another gang should have alarm bells ringing...

As I said, it's the elephant in the room and however distasteful it may seem to some to speculate it would be very niave to believe the club aren't having these same conversations and discussing the matter with legal advisors.
Taylor Richards on 20:46 - Feb 18 with 2577 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Taylor Richards on 20:49 - Feb 18 with 2536 viewsDamo1962

Taylor Richards on 20:46 - Feb 18 by aston_hoop

Fair enough young man. Now follow it up. "Actions speak louder than words"
Taylor Richards on 20:49 - Feb 18 with 2539 viewspaulparker

Taylor Richards on 20:46 - Feb 18 by aston_hoop

Yeah we got all the time in the world to wait for you Taylor

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Taylor Richards on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 2495 viewsdmm

That's all well and good, but what is the problem? Is it an injury, a health issue, fitness, a psychological issue or something else? The mystery around Richards' prolonged absence does him no favours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024