Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing 15:51 - Feb 6 with 54787 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club just teasing a new signing on twitter...

must be an out of contract player?

Bare bones.

New Signing on 16:08 - Feb 6 with 3680 viewsGaryBannister86

Pointless signing. Not normally a Les critic, but how can any DofF allow yet another desperate manager signing. WHERE IS THE PLAN?

Unless the plan is to have a massive arse up front.
New Signing on 16:08 - Feb 6 with 3676 viewsdanehoop

Mark Falco-esque. The ball will ricochet off various angles of his voluminous being to score the winner.

Never knowingly understood

New Signing on 16:08 - Feb 6 with 3669 viewsflynnbo

Wish him well.
New Signing on 16:09 - Feb 6 with 3649 viewsParkRoyalR

New Signing on 16:00 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Fck me dead.

My lad called this when he was released by Bristol City,

We both thought he'd be a great fit for us as would allow Critchely to maintain a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 and not need to play three 10's or Adomah as a 9,

Just like Hughill, needs a few chances, but always liked the lad after that miss of the season versus us at Craven Cottage, what a day, Shodipo and Sylla in full flight!

Glass half full on this one, although I do have selective recall!
New Signing on 16:09 - Feb 6 with 3645 viewsdaveB

Dykes is obviously out for a while.

Bring back Matt Smith
New Signing on 16:10 - Feb 6 with 3622 viewsDixie_CT

I have no life and was looking at the free agents list on transfrmkt to make some suggestions on here.

I saw his name and thought 'Even we aren't that desperate' turns out we are!

Didn't someone want to sign him before? Warburton? McClaren? Holloway?
New Signing on 16:11 - Feb 6 with 3608 viewsEastR

New Signing on 16:09 - Feb 6 by daveB

Dykes is obviously out for a while.

Bring back Matt Smith

at this rate it's bring back Mark E Smith

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

New Signing on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 3577 viewsQPunkR

New Signing on 16:10 - Feb 6 by Dixie_CT

I have no life and was looking at the free agents list on transfrmkt to make some suggestions on here.

I saw his name and thought 'Even we aren't that desperate' turns out we are!

Didn't someone want to sign him before? Warburton? McClaren? Holloway?

McClaren I believe

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

New Signing on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 3571 viewsTacticalR

@Hunterhoop 'if Chris Martin looks energetic or mobile for us'. That seems...unlikely.

Air hostess clique

New Signing on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 3560 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:04 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

I thought people wanted an experienced mouthy cünt to shout at people? There you go

Yep and others have said we need to win ugly, we need experience because Sinclair is very raw, also others have said why do we sign crocks - he has averaged 40 games every season.

Its also Feb folks, we have no money, who did you expect?

Yet, not only do we get disapproval, for some its the end of the club as we know it.

Its getting a bit silly this board now, have to say.

Haaland could sign and some would moan!
New Signing on 16:14 - Feb 6 with 3519 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:05 - Feb 6 by QPunkR

I'm by no means a fan of his but he did at least score 12 goals last season compared to Dykes' 9

This signing is just to have a body up top to allow Lowe drop back into the 3 behind the front man, at least while Dykes recuperates. And again tbf we've seen how much we're crying out for a focal point up front the past few games. He's not mobile so he'll definitely stay up there!

Yes, I'm clutching at as many straws as possible atm

And he plays on average 40 games a season, that's a lot more than most of our lot!

Seems pretty sensible straw clutching to me!
New Signing on 16:14 - Feb 6 with 3519 viewsGaryBannister86

New Signing on 16:12 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

Yep and others have said we need to win ugly, we need experience because Sinclair is very raw, also others have said why do we sign crocks - he has averaged 40 games every season.

Yet, not only do we get disapproval, for some its the end of the club as we know it.

I expect the hierarchy to follow a plan, a strategy to eventually build a young and hungry squad. Not sign 34-year-old strikers to fill a gap. Less time for Armstrong. It's not all about the next 3 points, surely, not that Martin will help us much to get those anyway.
New Signing on 16:14 - Feb 6 with 3515 viewsNorthantsHoop

We need someone to mix it up a bit up front, Ok wrong side of 30 but we were lacking any aerial presence in the forward line without Dykes and we need someone to get stuck in. Not a bad signing if he's fit.
New Signing on 16:15 - Feb 6 with 3477 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:06 - Feb 6 by Harbour

I guess Lyndon going to be out for some time and Martin as replacement…see how that goes!

See how it goes?

Why, when you can rant and moan all week until Saturday!
New Signing on 16:17 - Feb 6 with 3432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You get what you want but not what you need.
New Signing on 16:17 - Feb 6 with 3436 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:07 - Feb 6 by vanrrrr

I was chuckling watching Waghorn Saturday –- not laughing now

That'll be Waghorn who scored v the incredibly young, strong and athletic Armstrong who didn't and erm hasn't yet at all!
New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 with 3372 viewsdaveB

To be in a position where we got rid of Charlie Austin because he is old and slow and 6 months on we are signing Chris Martin is diabolical from the club
New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 with 3369 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:14 - Feb 6 by GaryBannister86

I expect the hierarchy to follow a plan, a strategy to eventually build a young and hungry squad. Not sign 34-year-old strikers to fill a gap. Less time for Armstrong. It's not all about the next 3 points, surely, not that Martin will help us much to get those anyway.

The next 3 points?????? We haven't won for 15 games.

He plays Armstrong and we go another, what do you think 6, 7, 8 maximum without winning and who gets the sack? Here's a clue - its NOT Sinclair Armstrong!
New Signing on 16:21 - Feb 6 with 3350 viewswhittocksRs

Do we now own the fattest player in the Champo?
New Signing on 16:21 - Feb 6 with 3345 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 by daveB

To be in a position where we got rid of Charlie Austin because he is old and slow and 6 months on we are signing Chris Martin is diabolical from the club

Mr Hindsight might have known Dykes was going into hospital, but most mere mortals didn't.
New Signing on 16:22 - Feb 6 with 3334 viewsHunterhoop

New Signing on 16:12 - Feb 6 by TacticalR

@Hunterhoop 'if Chris Martin looks energetic or mobile for us'. That seems...unlikely.

It’s all relative though, isn’t it?
New Signing on 16:23 - Feb 6 with 3300 viewsqprd

There are always crappy strikers available on frees on/around the deadline- jordan hugill being a recent example

Which begs the question...

Why in the world would we keep sinclair armstrong in the window? He has so much potential, but he's still far from the finished product and is absolutely desperate for consistent playing time, not 30 minute cameos at a division thats probably one or two too high for him at the moment

Why didnt we send him out to a league one or two side where he could play regularly and hopefully come back a better player? this year is a lost cause for QPR- we're not going up or down. so why not do what we can do to make ourselves better for next year, such as developing the next crop?

If we knew we were going to dip into this market, we should've thought ahead slightly (i personally think we shouldve sent him out on loan even if we didnt sign a striker)

if armstrong had a good loan at a league one side, he probably wouldve been a decent backup striker for us next season... now he's going to a be lesser player next season, as we try to shoehorn minutes for chris martin

the money we spend on martin will just mean less money for next season, too, by the way
New Signing on 16:23 - Feb 6 with 3301 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Signing on 16:12 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

Now come on.

I'd definitely take Alfie Inge over Chris Martin.

Bare bones.

New Signing on 16:24 - Feb 6 with 3279 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s here for three months lads, cost us nothing, can’t be in any worse form than anyone else, and is a human living striker.

What can you do? Mbappe probably didn’t get our call in time.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:25]
New Signing on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 3273 viewsterryb

New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 by daveB

Possibly Dave, but Martin won't be less mobile than Austin was in the second half of last season!

I've never been a fan of his, but he is more likely to score than Armstrong is & Lowe is better not being the man upfront.

Hopefully it will be a very short term contract!

I'm also assuming that this is confirmation that Dykes won't be available until next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024