Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing 15:51 - Feb 6 with 54791 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club just teasing a new signing on twitter...

must be an out of contract player?

Bare bones.

New Signing on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 3080 viewsDixie_CT

New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 by daveB

To be in a position where we got rid of Charlie Austin because he is old and slow and 6 months on we are signing Chris Martin is diabolical from the club

Agreed.

I just wonder if he is on a LOT less wages than cheeky Chaz?
New Signing on 16:26 - Feb 6 with 3075 viewsGaryBannister86

New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

The next 3 points?????? We haven't won for 15 games.

He plays Armstrong and we go another, what do you think 6, 7, 8 maximum without winning and who gets the sack? Here's a clue - its NOT Sinclair Armstrong!

Armstrong may be nothing, but he has obvious potential. If we are to have a successful side in a couple of years' time it is surely far more likely it has Armstrong up front in it and not Martin.

We're doing it again - making desperate signings to paddle around in circles. No long-term vision. Surely we can back the manager to get us to 50 points using what we have at our disposal rather than wasting wages on this.
New Signing on 16:27 - Feb 6 with 3040 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:23 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

Now come on.

I'd definitely take Alfie Inge over Chris Martin.

I think we would all take most people over Chris Martin - couple of snags - Its Feb we can't sign anyone and we don't have money to pay a decent wage/length of contract.

We should be grateful anyone is prepared to come here.

He DID score 12 goals last season - which makes him king of the bald men here (To nick one of Clive's lines)

Surely this is at least an attempt to change things - shouting at at all the loan signings and hoping Sinclair suddenly becomes a world beater overnight don't seem to be working!
New Signing on 16:28 - Feb 6 with 3028 viewsBAWHoops

Utterly pointless signing.
Genuinely cross about it. Contract will run until July 1st so even if he's on £5k a will still cost the club over £100k.
Just think what we could do with that money when it comes to fixing up parts of the stadium

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

New Signing on 16:28 - Feb 6 with 3014 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

The next 3 points?????? We haven't won for 15 games.

He plays Armstrong and we go another, what do you think 6, 7, 8 maximum without winning and who gets the sack? Here's a clue - its NOT Sinclair Armstrong!

I don’t know where that not won in 15 games stat has come from. It’s all over Twitter too.

We won 9 games ago.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:29]
New Signing on 16:29 - Feb 6 with 3003 viewspaulhoop2

Calm down all

Experienced no doubt cheapish option considering. We have no money available we are shopping in bargain basement. Let’s see how it goes between now and end of the season. Would have preferred Austin myself before going to Swindon never mind.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

New Signing on 16:30 - Feb 6 with 2994 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not sure I share the horror on this one.
Dykes is clearly very ill and we need a striker, and we can only afford cheap short-term options.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Signing on 16:30 - Feb 6 with 2983 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Signing on 16:27 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

I think we would all take most people over Chris Martin - couple of snags - Its Feb we can't sign anyone and we don't have money to pay a decent wage/length of contract.

We should be grateful anyone is prepared to come here.

He DID score 12 goals last season - which makes him king of the bald men here (To nick one of Clive's lines)

Surely this is at least an attempt to change things - shouting at at all the loan signings and hoping Sinclair suddenly becomes a world beater overnight don't seem to be working!

Agree with all of that, and I'm aware this is a desperation signing because of Dykes's illness. So he'll get my support.
But I've always disliked him when he's played against us, I can't change that, and whatever the whys and wherefores, it's a desperate, desperate signing.
Still, if he gets 3-4 goals before May it might keep us up.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

New Signing on 16:34 - Feb 6 with 2889 viewsToast_R

New Signing on 16:28 - Feb 6 by BAWHoops

Utterly pointless signing.
Genuinely cross about it. Contract will run until July 1st so even if he's on £5k a will still cost the club over £100k.
Just think what we could do with that money when it comes to fixing up parts of the stadium

I didn't think fixing up parts of the stadium counted as part of FFP?

What needs fixing, shall I bring my hammer?
New Signing on 16:35 - Feb 6 with 2880 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:30 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Dykes is clearly very ill and we need a striker, and we can only afford cheap short-term options.

Phew!

Thought it was just me for a minute there!
New Signing on 16:35 - Feb 6 with 2855 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This.

This is different to not so cheap short term signings that we made in the good times!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:41]
New Signing on 16:36 - Feb 6 with 2839 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I assume the BFG wanted too much money.
New Signing on 16:36 - Feb 6 with 2853 viewsenfieldargh

Voice of reason, anybody think of anyone else to cover for the rest of the season who is a free agent?

We are desperate for a focal point to our attack, there is no one at the club who could do this unless we give Hamzad Kargbo a chance

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

New Signing on 16:36 - Feb 6 with 2849 viewsPhildo

Not a signing piece I imagine Clive has in his drafts folder?
New Signing on 16:37 - Feb 6 with 2817 viewsbaz_qpr

Dykes almost certainly out for season or near end, you dont have to be that mobile to play that role would have expected some kind of emergency signing we still need another 10 points to be safe.
New Signing on 16:38 - Feb 6 with 2789 viewsLogman

Can't see him starting many games. The way we are set up we need a number 9 who can chase down centre backs and move up and down between the halfway line and penalty area. I think his main purpose in his life at QPR will be to come on and clatter/dive around when we are 1-0 down 'oop north with twenty minutes to go.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:38]
New Signing on 16:38 - Feb 6 with 2777 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 16:26 - Feb 6 by GaryBannister86

Armstrong may be nothing, but he has obvious potential. If we are to have a successful side in a couple of years' time it is surely far more likely it has Armstrong up front in it and not Martin.

We're doing it again - making desperate signings to paddle around in circles. No long-term vision. Surely we can back the manager to get us to 50 points using what we have at our disposal rather than wasting wages on this.

Fair enough argument - sorry my post was a little narky there.

We should be able to agree to disagree!
New Signing on 16:40 - Feb 6 with 2731 viewsGaryBannister86

New Signing on 16:38 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough argument - sorry my post was a little narky there.

We should be able to agree to disagree!

No worries or offence taken. Obviously I hope Martin is a roaring success, I just get so frustrated. Think I would be used to it by now :-)
New Signing on 16:40 - Feb 6 with 2730 viewsBlackCrowe

Well at least Gwyneth will bring a little glamour to W12

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

New Signing on 16:41 - Feb 6 with 2714 viewsLogman

New Signing on 16:37 - Feb 6 by baz_qpr

Dykes almost certainly out for season or near end, you dont have to be that mobile to play that role would have expected some kind of emergency signing we still need another 10 points to be safe.

The way we are set up we do need the no. 9 to be mobile until the game is in its final throes.
New Signing on 16:42 - Feb 6 with 2675 viewsgazza1

Wow, that is a shock.

Not my favourite CF but I presume NC wants a big boy up front and Martin is the only one that we can afford.
New Signing on 16:44 - Feb 6 with 2636 viewsterryb

New Signing on 16:38 - Feb 6 by Logman

Can't see him starting many games. The way we are set up we need a number 9 who can chase down centre backs and move up and down between the halfway line and penalty area. I think his main purpose in his life at QPR will be to come on and clatter/dive around when we are 1-0 down 'oop north with twenty minutes to go.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:38]

I think he will start most games (provided he doesn't get injured).

Looking at last weeks team, he would be the central forward with Lowe replacing Willock.
New Signing on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 2609 viewswortonranger

I think some calm common sense is needed here. We don’t know the full picture with Lyndon and Martin fits the bill..maybe? Any one who dons the hoops has he chance to be a cult hero no matter what went before. Might also be good for Sinclair to learn from...even if only weight control.
New Signing on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 2607 viewsTheChef

To the 'sign a fkin striker' brigade:

We've signed a fkin striker.

Some people want the moon on a stick.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Signing on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 2604 viewsbosh67

He’s very experienced. May help keep things calm on the pitch. If it helps keep us safe I have no problems. I’m still not buying any of his albums though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024