Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing 15:51 - Feb 6 with 54782 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club just teasing a new signing on twitter...

must be an out of contract player?

Bare bones.

New Signing on 18:46 - Feb 6 with 2819 viewsHAYESBOY

The prognosis on Dykes must be bad and Roberts again must be out for a while.

Give him a chance. He has been a fcking menace in the past against us so hopefully he can do a job for us. Just play to his strengths and get crosses into the box.

Smells like a trout farm in here

New Signing on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 2768 viewsPhildo

You know who would have been available for the playoffs

New Signing on 18:52 - Feb 6 with 2750 viewssystemsguy

Chris "no chance" Martin.... (2014 playoff final)

How about we sign Richard Keogh next?

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

New Signing on 18:52 - Feb 6 with 2748 viewsHAYESBOY

New Signing on 18:50 - Feb 6 by Phildo

You know who would have been available for the playoffs

We'll always have Wigan.

Smells like a trout farm in here

New Signing on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 2743 viewsStreathamRanger

12 goals and six assists last season suggests he might get a few goals for us. Can't be any worse than what we've got. What odds a debut goal in front of the loft against Millwall?
New Signing on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 2674 viewstxmw12

New Signing on 16:28 - Feb 6 by BAWHoops

Utterly pointless signing.
Genuinely cross about it. Contract will run until July 1st so even if he's on £5k a will still cost the club over £100k.
Just think what we could do with that money when it comes to fixing up parts of the stadium

I would be feeling the same way, however it shows that dykes is gone for a while and we have no proper strikers. IMO its a desperate signing but a signing that may make an impact for the rest of the season that wont mean dropping further towards league 1. Also he averages 40 games a season so although he may not be the best striker will be able to play most games
New Signing on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 2669 viewsfrancisbowles

Ok Tin Hat on.

What if (a big IF) we start scraping wins and close that five point gap and then Dykes is available again near the end of the season.

Unlikely, I know, but if that did happen then it would definitely be worth it.
New Signing on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 2672 viewsToast_R

He can't do any worse than the current crop can he?
1 open play goal at the Loft End all season, a famine like none I can remember. Damn those rail seats.
Login to get fewer ads

New Signing on 19:06 - Feb 6 with 2620 viewsbosh67

He'll definitely score against Millwall. No idea if we will win but he'll definitely score.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Signing on 19:07 - Feb 6 with 2615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Signing on 18:12 - Feb 6 by paulparker

I don’t know what’s more unbelievable the fact we signed this fat useless lump or that the usual suspects are coming on here saying it’s a good signing and we are lucky that he is coming here to do us a favour
I’d rather recall Kelman or play Armstrong for 3 months

I don't think anyone's saying it's a good signing or anything like that. I just can't get worked up about it, that's all.

I thought the Balogun signing was awful and said so - permanent signing, big wages, manager's say-so. And he blocked Dickie and Dunne.

Right now, this is a three-month contract, low cost, and he's really not blocking anyone. Maybe Armstrong, but even he's so far off form at the moment that he's probably better off coming off the bench.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Signing on 19:10 - Feb 6 with 2582 viewsRangersw12

Surely another nail in the coffin for LF as DOF

A shocking signing

We really are run by clowns
New Signing on 19:12 - Feb 6 with 2567 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New Signing on 18:53 - Feb 6 by StreathamRanger

12 goals and six assists last season suggests he might get a few goals for us. Can't be any worse than what we've got. What odds a debut goal in front of the loft against Millwall?

89th minute winner from 30 yards out. But for it being stopped in its track by the net, the ball would have taken the head off someone in the Loft.

Dykes probably done for the season, so welcome to the circus Chris.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Signing on 19:13 - Feb 6 with 2560 viewsWokingR

New Signing on 19:07 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think anyone's saying it's a good signing or anything like that. I just can't get worked up about it, that's all.

I thought the Balogun signing was awful and said so - permanent signing, big wages, manager's say-so. And he blocked Dickie and Dunne.

Right now, this is a three-month contract, low cost, and he's really not blocking anyone. Maybe Armstrong, but even he's so far off form at the moment that he's probably better off coming off the bench.

Couldn’t agree more Brian.
I hope he scores enough goals by the end of the season that we are begging him to stay another 12 months
New Signing on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 2536 viewsstanistheman

New Signing on 16:05 - Feb 6 by QPunkR

I'm by no means a fan of his but he did at least score 12 goals last season compared to Dykes' 9

This signing is just to have a body up top to allow Lowe drop back into the 3 behind the front man, at least while Dykes recuperates. And again tbf we've seen how much we're crying out for a focal point up front the past few games. He's not mobile so he'll definitely stay up there!

Yes, I'm clutching at as many straws as possible atm

At last a sensible reply.

He isn’t the signing we would all like, but he is a centre forward and he does score goals (he has scored a few against us ) so maybe can atone for that.

Mainly he will provide cover for Dykes , support for Lowe and someone to link up with Willock and Chair.

He can also pose an extra threat at set pieces too.
And lastly, Critchley won’t have to resort to sending Field up front to get his head onto long high balls.
New Signing on 19:21 - Feb 6 with 2488 viewspaulparker

Brian where is the pathway for our young players ?
What message does it said to Armstrong ? What must Kelman think ?
What is the point of Tyler Roberts what a complete waste of money that was
I thought the whole ethos for the club was to bring through youngsters and never have to go down the route of signing journeyman strikers to bail us out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New Signing on 19:27 - Feb 6 with 2451 viewsgigiisourgod

Have to say I am one of the few that has a fairly open mind to this one. However it does speak volumes about our precious, much coveted (and staffed) academy. It also rather unfortunately reminds me and has given me flash backs to Brett Angell carthorsing about not looking likely to ever score in a month of Sundays against a nine man Luton team.
New Signing on 19:29 - Feb 6 with 2432 viewsQPunkR

New Signing on 17:54 - Feb 6 by daveB

He sounds great, I take it all back inspired stuff

I had no problem releasing Austin, was the right call but with the money saved from him to go out and sign no one as his replacement and leave yourself needing to replace the only other striker we had by signing a 34 year old on a free who is older and slower because you are desperate is piss poor.

The recruitment last summer by Beale and the club has proved to be a disaster imo and has left us in a right mess.

Slower than Austin? Is he a statue??

QPR - "shit but local"

New Signing on 19:31 - Feb 6 with 2412 viewsWestonsuperR

New Signing on 16:02 - Feb 6 by GaryBannister86

Look underneath the announcement on Twitter. People rejoicing that it would mean Dykes is dropped. Not a brain cell in sight.

This is a disgusting turd of a signing.

Perfectly put!

Living in the South West I have a lot of Bristol City fans nearby, they are amazed he has gone to a Championship club and thought he would either retire or drop down a couple of leagues, they also have almost no positives and mainly highlighted how incredibly slow he was.
New Signing on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 2319 viewsdistortR

Yeah, Martin will give Armstrong the *time he needs to develop, I hope and imagine we will be seeing a lot of him from off the bench.

*I was going to say 'the space to develop', but given who we've just signed................
New Signing on 19:41 - Feb 6 with 2308 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 18:37 - Feb 6 by QPR_Jim

I think there's a difference between loaning in players to sit on the bench and not having a fit senior striker in the squad. The situation with Dykes is unfortunate, especially after we've released Bonne but we need a value solution because we can't blow a load of money in January on a temporary fix.

I want to see Armstrong get time in the first team as much as anyone but I don't think having him as our only option would be good management on the clubs behalf or good for his development. We can't recall Kelman and he's getting good experience in league 2 so why spoil that.

It seems sensible to me, not inspiring much hope for the rest of the season but it does make sense.

given the situation they are in of course they need a short term fix but it was never going to take much to be in this position, all it took was one injury to Dykes so why they didn't prepare for this last summer rather than use the budget on loan players in positions we already had numbers in is beyond me.
New Signing on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 2304 viewsconnell10

So the path for our young players to the first is blocked by the enormous arse of Chris Martin....Where's the plan ??? We flip and we flop.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New Signing on 19:53 - Feb 6 with 2202 viewsNortholt_Rs

I think he’ll do a job for us starting with scoring the winner v Millwallscum on Saturday. Welcome aboard Chris! COYRsssss!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New Signing on 19:55 - Feb 6 with 2186 viewsHuckerMOTM

New Signing on 19:10 - Feb 6 by Rangersw12

Surely another nail in the coffin for LF as DOF

A shocking signing

We really are run by clowns

Not a Les signing...
New Signing on 19:56 - Feb 6 with 2187 viewsKonk

No idea if Martin will be a rubbish signing or not, but I saw him a few times last year at Ashton Gate and he did alright. Slimmer and fitter looking than when he was with us, he’s still slow, though. Linked-up well and still a decent finisher. General consensus amongst City fans I know is that he did alright for them.

Not had a look in this season due to Wells having a bit of a renaissance, the emergence of Conway and now, Bell, as well as Semenyo’s return from injury, and Weimann’s position as top scorer last season.

Certainly not a signing for you to get excited about, but he may well do a short term job for you, in the same way that Johansen did when he first came in. Loads of Fulham fans going mental on social media when William was invited to train with us this summer, because Arsenal fans thought he was pony, and yet he’s been a brilliant signing for us. Surely it’s worth giving a player a chance before you decide they’re the worst signing ever.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New Signing on 19:57 - Feb 6 with 2175 viewshantssi

New Signing on 19:21 - Feb 6 by paulparker

Brian where is the pathway for our young players ?
What message does it said to Armstrong ? What must Kelman think ?
What is the point of Tyler Roberts what a complete waste of money that was
I thought the whole ethos for the club was to bring through youngsters and never have to go down the route of signing journeyman strikers to bail us out

Doesn’t matter what Kelman thinks, he’s out on loan until the end of the season.
Armstrong is not ready to “lead the line” yet and can probably learn off Martin and Roberts is injured (again) and doesn’t care anyway.
I’m certainly not saying it’s a dream signing because it most definitely isn’t and shows how bad our recruitment was last summer but we needed a centre forward to cover Dykes injury and as been pointed out it’s a cheap, sort term fix.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024