Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signing 15:51 - Feb 6 with 54801 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club just teasing a new signing on twitter...

must be an out of contract player?

Bare bones.

New Signing on 16:46 - Feb 6 with 3245 viewscolinallcars

He knows where the back of the net is….and hopefully the front as well.
New Signing on 16:46 - Feb 6 with 3235 viewstraininvain

Looking forward to resurrecting this thread when Martin scores the winning goal in the playoff final!

Much like Mr McCarthy I can’t get too worked up about this one. It’s a cheap, short term needs must signing given the Dykes situation and Armstrong’s rawness.

And I’m not sure having an unlikeable hairy arsed championship striker is a bad thing given our obvious shortcomings in the experience/leadership department.
New Signing on 16:47 - Feb 6 with 3227 viewsDubaiR

There is a 29 year old Dutch lad who prior to two years at Brighton won the Dutch league a couple of times. Currently without a club but with a. Decent scoring record I bet not even on our radar.

Now he may have issues but none that are public
New Signing on 16:47 - Feb 6 with 3226 viewsDorse

New Signing on 16:36 - Feb 6 by Phildo

Not a signing piece I imagine Clive has in his drafts folder?

Yes he does. It's in the folder marked 'World's Fattest Man Thinks He'll Look Good In Hoops'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New Signing on 16:52 - Feb 6 with 3126 viewsHarbour

New Signing on 16:15 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

See how it goes?

Why, when you can rant and moan all week until Saturday!

Like all our players I wish him well I admit to being underwhelmed based on seeing him at LR last season but let’s give him a chance. Bristol City stats 17 goals in 95 appearances and 11 assists. Just 1 goal this season in 17 appearances. Good Luck Chris .
New Signing on 16:54 - Feb 6 with 3105 viewsPunteR

It will be interesting to see what a bit of experience will bring to the forward line. He's scored goals at this level. Yeh yeh its Chris Martin.. but is he really any worse than some of the strikers we've had last few years..?
I mean its completely uninspiring, devoid of any proper scouting and definitely one that bypassed Andy Belks office. Regardless of my opinion on how the club is run , we need a striker this Saturday.
It highlights where we are atm in the football pyramid when all we can get is an out of contract Chris Martin.
I actually think Les should get his boots back on as that would be more useful to us then his DoF role..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Signing on 16:55 - Feb 6 with 3083 viewsHOOPNO7

New Signing on 16:47 - Feb 6 by DubaiR

There is a 29 year old Dutch lad who prior to two years at Brighton won the Dutch league a couple of times. Currently without a club but with a. Decent scoring record I bet not even on our radar.

Now he may have issues but none that are public

Jurgen Locadia, I saw he was back from Iran (Persopolis) and available on a free. Our scouts have probably never heard of him. I would give him a go but would he want to come here
New Signing on 16:58 - Feb 6 with 3021 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/martin-interview-060223/

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

New Signing on 17:08 - Feb 6 with 2917 viewsA40Bosh

New Signing on 16:58 - Feb 6 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/martin-interview-060223/

Just watched it.

God I would love to be only as fat as Chris Martin!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New Signing on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 2875 viewsJamieNaz

New Signing on 16:55 - Feb 6 by HOOPNO7

Jurgen Locadia, I saw he was back from Iran (Persopolis) and available on a free. Our scouts have probably never heard of him. I would give him a go but would he want to come here

Presumably would want a fair whack though?

Also, he's an absolute psychopath who loves a studs up challenge.

With regards to this, presumably, Dykes is going to be out for a while now. Hopefully Martin isn't on a lot, or very much on a pay as you play type contract - and might be of some use for a bit?

I don't know. Not a long term deal is it?
New Signing on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 2859 viewsNorthernr

New Signing on 16:36 - Feb 6 by Phildo

Not a signing piece I imagine Clive has in his drafts folder?

Nor one that I shall be bothering to write.
New Signing on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 2849 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 16:21 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

Mr Hindsight might have known Dykes was going into hospital, but most mere mortals didn't.

Well players get injured all the time, don't need hindsight to know that going into a season with one senior striker was likely to be a problem especially when he's not very good and missed large chunks of last season injured.

I was all for letting Austin go but use the money saved from him going by bringing in other forwards, we instead used the money to sign Tyler Roberts who can't play up front and is always injured.

We are now in a position where we are so desperate we've signed someone older and slower than the bloke we released last summer. That's complete nonsense from the club, need to be much better than this.
New Signing on 17:15 - Feb 6 with 2843 viewsdaveB

New Signing on 16:28 - Feb 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t know where that not won in 15 games stat has come from. It’s all over Twitter too.

We won 9 games ago.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:29]

it's 1 win in 15 games
New Signing on 17:17 - Feb 6 with 2820 viewsPaddyhoops

New Signing on 16:09 - Feb 6 by daveB

Dykes is obviously out for a while.

Bring back Matt Smith

Smith was much maligned but he’s goals per minutes is probably better than most of the current crop.
New Signing on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 2810 viewsLordPork

three ways of viewing this,

Over the hill, seen it all journey man why bother?

Or

Short term quick fix for a position we're desperate to fill, find me another at that price..

Or

Depending on your driving style, it's like putting a down payment on a 850cc Reliant Robin
New Signing on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 2809 viewsOakR

Dykes is clearly going to be out for a while.

So we want a short-term replacement, happy to sign-up just until the end of the season, not too expensive, who can provide cover. Ideally with some experience.

That's what we got.

I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about it.

It's a pragmatic signing. It might be great, it might be ok, it might be terrible like all signings but it's hardly a huge risk or some signing that sets all our plans out of the window.

Poll: Will we stay up?

New Signing on 17:19 - Feb 6 with 2807 viewsWestbourneR

New Signing on 16:55 - Feb 6 by HOOPNO7

If you saw Locadia play for Brighton you would not be suggesting we give him a go.

All gloves bad attitude and zero talent.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

New Signing on 17:20 - Feb 6 with 2796 viewsaston_hoop

New Signing on 17:19 - Feb 6 by WestbourneR

If you saw Locadia play for Brighton you would not be suggesting we give him a go.

All gloves bad attitude and zero talent.

Its also pretty amusing to believe that as a club, we've never heard of someone who's played in the Premier League. We absolutely will have done. Football Manager is not real life.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Signing on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 2746 viewsSuperhoop83

New Signing on 17:20 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

Its also pretty amusing to believe that as a club, we've never heard of someone who's played in the Premier League. We absolutely will have done. Football Manager is not real life.

Beggars can't be choosers and we had to do something given Lyndon's health issues.

I'm not a fan of this signing, but he knows the division and he may just surprise us.

Let's at least get behind him - and the team - until the end of this wretched season.

Suffering since 1978.

New Signing on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 2662 viewsDieByYourSide

Poll: And it's hi ho

New Signing on 17:32 - Feb 6 with 2648 views1JD

New Signing on 16:20 - Feb 6 by daveB

To be in a position where we got rid of Charlie Austin because he is old and slow and 6 months on we are signing Chris Martin is diabolical from the club

Austin was let go because;
- he scored 4 goals in 34 games at championship level, with 1 assist, last season. That’s 1 goal contribution in every 6.8 games.
- he couldn’t play up front on his own (no hold up game)
- he was on a fortune

Chris Martin has been signed because;
- we need cover for Dykes
- he scored 12 goals in 45 games, with 6 assists, last season. That’s 1 goal contribution in every 2.5 games.
- he CAN play the lone striker role as he has superior hold up play
- he’s no doubt cost effective, and is also bit of a nasty bastard which is exactly what we need

I don’t get your comparison.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 17:33]
New Signing on 17:33 - Feb 6 with 2642 viewsBrianWilson

3 months...not much else happening in terms of free agents so why not. Maybe his presence can create a bit more room for Chair and Willock and we can get decent fees for them......or something.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

New Signing on 17:33 - Feb 6 with 2630 viewsBushRanger82

Chris Martin.

This club is well and truly cursed.
New Signing on 17:34 - Feb 6 with 2626 viewsOutintheOrne

I'll trust NC on this one.
New Signing on 17:42 - Feb 6 with 2529 viewsPinnerPaul

New Signing on 17:31 - Feb 6 by DieByYourSide

Very professional
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024