Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread 09:30 - Feb 17 with 36420 viewsSuperhoops2808

So I hold the current record. The last time I started a match thread, we won against Preston in what feels like last year... Oh wait, it was - The 17th December and the last time we recorded a victory

So, exactly 2 months later, I have decided to start a match thread in the hope that this will turn the fortunes around.

I am going to go for another 0-1 away win. And why the optimism? Well a) eventually we have to win and b) Boro may feel like we are ripe for the taking (which we are) and be more relaxed about the whole match

Wishful thinking, but anyway - Lets see
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:42 - Feb 17 with 6529 viewsfrancisbowles

Well stranger things have happened! They will need to be completely off their game and we will need to be multiple times better as well as needing all the luck.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:50 - Feb 17 with 6502 viewsPinnerPaul

For once I can't really see anything other than a defeat - talk of 7, 8 or 9 though is a little ott.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:54 - Feb 17 with 6487 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Can't see anything but a heavy defeat to nil. Players are shot/given up. Manager on the brink. Confidence at an all time low. Long trip up North.
Try and hold the 0-0, probably the best we can hope for.

Credit to all who are going.

Boro 5-0 QPR.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:56 - Feb 17 with 6481 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:59 - Feb 17 with 6471 viewsQPunkR

I applaud both the OP's optimism and intent to drag us to a first victory in aeons. Forlornly, I fear, but worth trying anything at this point!

QPR - "shit but local"

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:00 - Feb 17 with 6467 viewsandrew1302

If it is a heavy loss, more than 3 - 0 Crtichley will be in last chance saloon. He has lost the supporters in the main. Personally i really do not think it is all his fault. The signings made by the club - an endless list- have been pretty terrible and whoever is responsible for them should be gone already. Plus we need the owners more involved. They are spending/losing all the money but appear inactive. Please god they are not just leaving it to Les who , dare i say, appears a disaster for the club. How he as a striker could of sanctioned Bonne for £2m beggars belief.

Depends on how we start. If we hold on first half we will lose 2 0. If we allow an early goal i can see 5 0.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:13 - Feb 17 with 6426 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-0 Rangers

I've gotta be right sometime....hopefully...

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:19 - Feb 17 with 6389 viewsRangersw12

Better performance but another defeat

2-1 Boro
Login to get fewer ads

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 6393 viewscolinallcars

You may think I've gorn orf me rocker, but I've got this little sneaking feeling that Boro might beat us.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:34 - Feb 17 with 6368 viewsted_hendrix

We've become good at not winning, that's the only good thing about us at the moment, I dont recall a time when I've been so dejected about us almost to the point where I virtually/sometimes don't care anymore. No point either making silly predictions about us winning tomorrow we've got no bloody chance.

Apart from that have a nice day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:35 - Feb 17 with 6363 viewsAntti_Heinola

If we concede less than 3 it'll be a miracle.

Bare bones.

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:53 - Feb 17 with 6326 viewsJames_Paddocks

I'll be pissed in the away end, not really caring.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 11:01 - Feb 17 with 6298 viewswelwynranger

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:34 - Feb 17 by ted_hendrix

We've become good at not winning, that's the only good thing about us at the moment, I dont recall a time when I've been so dejected about us almost to the point where I virtually/sometimes don't care anymore. No point either making silly predictions about us winning tomorrow we've got no bloody chance.

Apart from that have a nice day.

I posted this before as a response to Clives match report after the Millwall match.

I've watched this team for nearly 60yrs. Have seen bad teams that haven't been good enough but tried.
This team I think are good enough but are not trying. Unacceptable.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 11:12 - Feb 17 with 6250 viewsSK_hoops

4 or 5-0 to Borough.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 6182 viewsDannyPaddox

Above all for the travelling supporters I so want the Rs to get something Saturday. Unfortunately I think we’ll be lucky to get a corner.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 12:13 - Feb 17 with 6137 viewsHarbour

Another 3-0 defeat. I fear.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 12:22 - Feb 17 with 6100 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I really fear it'll be 8-0 or something. I just can't see our gutless wonders being able to offer anything and once the first goal goes in they'll capitulate.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 12:36 - Feb 17 with 6069 viewsstevec

What’s the record, is it still 8-1 at Man U ?

To be fair, we haven’t conceded more than 3 all season, so that records safe. I think.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 13:31]
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 13:50 - Feb 17 with 5951 viewsplasmahoop

Middlesbrough are 4/7 to win. Surely they should be heavier odds on than that.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:06 - Feb 17 with 5894 viewsPinnerPaul

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 13:50 - Feb 17 by plasmahoop

Middlesbrough are 4/7 to win. Surely they should be heavier odds on than that.

13/8 giving us a goal start, if any of you 8-0 people fancy it?
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:12 - Feb 17 with 5887 viewspeterlund_dk

I'll go with 2-0 (Chair and Martin) again. And I will definitely half-arse it and make this a copy and paste reply for every remaining match thread this season.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:57 - Feb 17 with 5794 viewsderbyhoop

I find it hard to imagine us scoring once. We're conceding goals for fun, not scoring, they are in top form, we are the opposite.
The only thing that gives me any hope is that we have a good recent history there. Not that it counts for anything.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 15:11 - Feb 17 with 5772 viewsthemodfather

very worried , we don't travel well , are in poor form, they are flying , i think we could be 2-0 down in 15 mins and cave in. would take a draw by any means , park the bus next to the coach, pullman carriages and cruise liner!
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 15:32 - Feb 17 with 5718 viewsQPRSteve

None of my lucky clothing seems to work anymore so I will be watching the game at home in the nude.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:25 - Feb 17 with 5613 viewsMonkey_Roots

1-5

Martin 2, Chair 1, Lowe 1 and Timmy 1

If this doesn't happen, and I'm almost positive it will, I'll repeat this each game, adding 1 more each time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024