Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve had enough 21:29 - Mar 15 with 15026 viewsmoson

of a lot of the anger, angry people and drama monarchs on here and at matches. So I’m going to give both a miss for a while.

I’ve enjoyed this board for over 20 years. Clive’s writing is truly brilliant, and I also admire a lot of posters.

I’m 57 and have been going to Loftus Road since 1974. Some of the people I used to go with - and loved - have since died. But the place we went to together is no less special for that. Since 1976, it’s been mainly downhill! But I’ve been lucky to see Bowles + Francis, Thomas + Masson, Allen + Goddard, Currie + Waddock, and so on and so on. And amid the many disappointments and what feels like thousands of away defeats (even in 75/6, we were dodgy away), there have been many wonderful times and moments, and many good teams.

I’ve often been very fed up with the team/club/manager/board etc. I was again last night, watching a stream. I’ve been to plenty of away games too, including Rotherham a week and a half ago.

I’ve inflicted my can’t kick it love of QPR ( I grew up a block north of Queen’s Park and probably assumed everyone’s local team was that good) on my 3 sons, who also go to games and also hurt when we lose.

But the level of bile directed at the players and the club at the moment - only by some, I recognise that - is so ott and out of proportion to any reality. As is the look at me, I’m even angrier than you material.

Yes it’s been a bleak season/14 months, and we may go down and that would be a financial disaster for the club. But (the large majority of) clubs survive this and most go on to enjoy better times.

Some have said this is the worst team in living memory. It isn’t. The Ray Harford team that survived because of a fluke Jamie Pollock own goal and the team that Ollie took down but Gerry built were significantly worse. The Burtenshaw team relegated in 78/9 are down there too.

I also remember Don Howe’s Rangers losing 8 in a row in 90/91, before Bobby Gould came in as his assistant, the club signed Tillson + Peacock, won 3-1 at Anfield, and finished 12th (out of 22 in those days). DH would never have lasted that spell these days, but he did a good job at QPR overall, and the team he built was fun to watch.

More than that, I really enjoyed the first 2/3 of last season. Yes QPR did implode - I was at Peterborough and Barnsley on successive Saturdays - but I really liked Warburton’s team (I too miss Dom Ball and Barbet) for most of that season, and I remember most other fans did too. Quite a few of those players remain, and while it’s entirely fair comment to criticise them for how feeble they’ve been for so long now, they - the ones on the pitch, not Beale’s sulkers - are not playing terribly for the heck of it. In some cases, their confidence is shot - but we lack a player to drop them for. They’re not wasters like Beale or Assou-Ekotto, and I don’t hate any of them.

So I’ll be back at Loftus Road and on this board after a break, but in the meantime it would be a lot more fun to see less aggression.
I’ve had enough on 21:48 - Mar 15 with 8136 viewswokingrs

The best post I have read today. Well done indeed!
I’ve had enough on 22:02 - Mar 15 with 8014 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Post of the season.
I’ve had enough on 22:07 - Mar 15 with 7986 viewsMrSheen

I agree, but I don’t have to put up with regular humiliation away from home.
I’ve had enough on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 7903 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ve had enough on 22:07 - Mar 15 by MrSheen

I agree, but I don’t have to put up with regular humiliation away from home.

My position exactly. I just don’t think shouting at other fans in the same position on a forum is useful.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 22:13]
I’ve had enough on 22:22 - Mar 15 with 7824 viewsPunteR

Lurkers have feelings too.

Tbf I did the same thing a couple of years back. Getting embroiled in pointless arguments and getting pissed off with everything done my head in.
I'm getting to that point again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I’ve had enough on 22:50 - Mar 15 with 7689 viewsdanehoop

I’ve had enough on 22:22 - Mar 15 by PunteR

Lurkers have feelings too.

Tbf I did the same thing a couple of years back. Getting embroiled in pointless arguments and getting pissed off with everything done my head in.
I'm getting to that point again.

Mate, I just step back and generally hold off from posting or ignore the regular bottom feeders who seem to have a semi at every poor performance or perceived slight. Often these posters are easy to spot as they tend to have a former players name attached to a body part or inanimate object and often very absent in the event (admittedly rarer since Christmas) good result/performance.

My rule of thumb is no point in getting embroiled when posters are going off on one, its their opinion and valid as such. If its someone I know is a WUM or seemingly spends their time ranting on social media I rationalise that they are probably the same people who wrote on the doors of public toilets before social media existed and give their views similar weight. QPR is a broad church, even if its extremes are quite noisy, the vast majority are great and worth getting on with, even when times are tough.

Never knowingly understood

I’ve had enough on 22:56 - Mar 15 with 7650 viewsManinBlack

If QPR fans can't vent their anger on a forum for the fans then what is the point of having a forum? It is a place for us to exchange opinions like we would down the pub after the game. Things can get heated wherever debates are held on any subject. There is no point in a forum where we all pretend that everything is great and bury our heads in the sand.

Many believe the club is in decline and with no prospect of money being pumped into it we will become another Wimbledon or Orient for many years to come. No money means no quality so for us fans who got to watch Marsh, Bowles, Wegerle, Stainrod, Currie, Trevor Francis, Byrne and many other quality players, it feels right now that we won't see their like again play for us. Yes Rangers have never been great away but at least we had players worth watching even when they lost.

I believe this is our worst team and I certainly disagree about the Pollock OG team being worse. Mark Kennedy was quality and destroyed Middlesbrough when they were top in a 5-0 win. Add to that for the last 10 games or so we had Vinnie Jones and Razor Ruddock in defence. They may have been past their best but were a damn sight better than the defenders we have now.

We may have been terrible in 1979 and when Ollie came in that time but the financial climates were different. There is more and more money about today so relegation now would be more detrimental than in past relegations. For example we now have FFP to stick the boot in further. Fans are rightly concerned and come on this board to air their feelings and fears. They are perfectly entitled to do that. I would hate to think you are all suggesting non happy clappers should all be banned..
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 23:00]
I’ve had enough on 23:06 - Mar 15 with 7549 viewsSydneyRs

Agree with the OP. The constant "DOF" moaning like Ferdinand leaving would suddenly cure all ills etc. The pathetic "get out of our club" memes directed at a board that pays 2 mill a month to keep us afloat. Far more tiresome than poor performances by the team.

Its a sure sign of other issues in their lives making these people unhappy/angry and Twitter etc is an easy outlet for them. Its often the same individuals that are fuming about immigration and have flags in their user names. Permanently angry and trying to take it out on the rest of us. They hate "wokeness", Gary Lineker and think every asylum seeker is a male, cashed up, undercover terrorist, sex offender "economic migrant" who is about to be given 5 grand a week and put up in the Hilton honeymoon suite.

Unfollow, mute etc are a great help.
Login to get fewer ads

I’ve had enough on 23:31 - Mar 15 with 7438 viewsDamo1962

I’ve had enough on 22:56 - Mar 15 by ManinBlack

If QPR fans can't vent their anger on a forum for the fans then what is the point of having a forum? It is a place for us to exchange opinions like we would down the pub after the game. Things can get heated wherever debates are held on any subject. There is no point in a forum where we all pretend that everything is great and bury our heads in the sand.

Many believe the club is in decline and with no prospect of money being pumped into it we will become another Wimbledon or Orient for many years to come. No money means no quality so for us fans who got to watch Marsh, Bowles, Wegerle, Stainrod, Currie, Trevor Francis, Byrne and many other quality players, it feels right now that we won't see their like again play for us. Yes Rangers have never been great away but at least we had players worth watching even when they lost.

I believe this is our worst team and I certainly disagree about the Pollock OG team being worse. Mark Kennedy was quality and destroyed Middlesbrough when they were top in a 5-0 win. Add to that for the last 10 games or so we had Vinnie Jones and Razor Ruddock in defence. They may have been past their best but were a damn sight better than the defenders we have now.

We may have been terrible in 1979 and when Ollie came in that time but the financial climates were different. There is more and more money about today so relegation now would be more detrimental than in past relegations. For example we now have FFP to stick the boot in further. Fans are rightly concerned and come on this board to air their feelings and fears. They are perfectly entitled to do that. I would hate to think you are all suggesting non happy clappers should all be banned..

So agree. Great reposte Sir. I have a list of sanctimonious bores on here I ignore - it's the only way to stay sane😉
I’ve had enough on 00:03 - Mar 16 with 7367 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve had enough on 22:50 - Mar 15 by danehoop

Mate, I just step back and generally hold off from posting or ignore the regular bottom feeders who seem to have a semi at every poor performance or perceived slight. Often these posters are easy to spot as they tend to have a former players name attached to a body part or inanimate object and often very absent in the event (admittedly rarer since Christmas) good result/performance.

My rule of thumb is no point in getting embroiled when posters are going off on one, its their opinion and valid as such. If its someone I know is a WUM or seemingly spends their time ranting on social media I rationalise that they are probably the same people who wrote on the doors of public toilets before social media existed and give their views similar weight. QPR is a broad church, even if its extremes are quite noisy, the vast majority are great and worth getting on with, even when times are tough.

“Often these posters are easy to spot as they tend to have a former players name attached to a body part or inanimate object and [are] often very absent in the event (admittedly rarer since Christmas) [of a] good result/performance.”

Fillery’s Frenulum is literally a bit of a cock.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 0:05]
I’ve had enough on 02:18 - Mar 16 with 7143 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hilariously (not to mention embarrassingly) self-contradictory post - you conclude with the view that QPR is a 'broad church' (good!) while opening by insulting other 'bottom-feeder' posters with whom you are out of sympathy (of which, in your excremental view, I appear to be one) and glorifying the usefulness of the childish, but sadly very much of its time, 'ignore' feature - the one thing that lets this site down! Good luck with your split personality, not to mention your anal insults! (I might break my rule about not 'ignoring' people just for smug and stupid posters like you.)
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 3:17]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

I’ve had enough on 06:15 - Mar 16 with 7060 viewsDiscodroids

I’ve had enough on 23:06 - Mar 15 by SydneyRs

Agree with the OP. The constant "DOF" moaning like Ferdinand leaving would suddenly cure all ills etc. The pathetic "get out of our club" memes directed at a board that pays 2 mill a month to keep us afloat. Far more tiresome than poor performances by the team.

Its a sure sign of other issues in their lives making these people unhappy/angry and Twitter etc is an easy outlet for them. Its often the same individuals that are fuming about immigration and have flags in their user names. Permanently angry and trying to take it out on the rest of us. They hate "wokeness", Gary Lineker and think every asylum seeker is a male, cashed up, undercover terrorist, sex offender "economic migrant" who is about to be given 5 grand a week and put up in the Hilton honeymoon suite.

Unfollow, mute etc are a great help.

Any chance of you restricting your political mantra to just the 5 or 6 threads per week. Your spittle flecking heavens gate booming old testament god smote would bore the shit out of a quota share treaty Reinsurance wordings broker.
---------------------------------
i'm Sorry to see the op go, he seems like the best of us.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 6:19]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I’ve had enough on 06:56 - Mar 16 with 6952 viewsSydneyRs

I’ve had enough on 06:15 - Mar 16 by Discodroids

Any chance of you restricting your political mantra to just the 5 or 6 threads per week. Your spittle flecking heavens gate booming old testament god smote would bore the shit out of a quota share treaty Reinsurance wordings broker.

Your feedback is noted.
I’ve had enough on 08:06 - Mar 16 with 6766 viewsstevec

Forgive me for asking but have you got a degree in Economics, Maths, Physics and Bionics?
I’ve had enough on 08:59 - Mar 16 with 6587 viewsnix

Seriously if you do come back here OP, and please do, the ignore button is your friend. In social media it often seems like there is lots of negativity and anger. Until you realise that the angry, negative people tend to post three times as much as the balanced posters. It becomes much easier than you realise to cut out the fulminators, at least until we win again.
I’ve had enough on 09:29 - Mar 16 with 6452 viewsPaddyhoops

Great post but if I was one of the 441 or so who went to Blackpool I would be seriously angry . I consider myself a reasonably passive bloke but when it gets to the point where you think we’ve bottomed out , we keep digging to to further depths of incompetence, the patience starts to wear thin.
I have no time for hatred and bile but you do get the feeling we’re being taken for mugs by this bunch.
I’ve had enough on 09:38 - Mar 16 with 6421 viewsPinnerPaul

Well said that man, good to see so many up votes, a little sanity and perspective at last!
I’ve had enough on 09:45 - Mar 16 with 6377 viewsPinnerPaul

I’ve had enough on 22:56 - Mar 15 by ManinBlack

"Opinions" are not insulting fellow supporters or belittling them for supporting the club they love.

"Opinions" are not making up stories to suit your agenda - Only played well v Watford because 13 scouts were there.

And then, OK here I agree, this IS , "opinions" there is the constant attacking of the interviews GA and the players give - as Clive and me have said - we're angry, NOTHING they say after a defeat like this is going to make you happy, don't read.

And finally, of course 100% express what you want, but how about instead of starting yet another thread about Les, you contribute to one of the 127 already there.

I cannot tell you how important free speech is to me, but above are just some of the reasons for the op, which me and nearly 40 others have up voted - quick a big rare number for one post, so must be fairly representative?
I’ve had enough on 10:26 - Mar 16 with 6219 viewsPunteR

Posters start threads so their point gets heard and not drowned out by other posters who take exception to their opinion. This applies to both sides of the argument of course. Does starting another thread really harm anyone?. The ironic thing about this is the OP only posted about 4 times in 10 years.

This is a reply to Pinners post but he has me on ignore. So much for free speech.. lol..

Tbf I did insult him.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 10:28]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I’ve had enough on 10:37 - Mar 16 with 6198 viewsNorthantsHoop

I don't blame you for taking a bit of a break. You capture a lot of how us older supporters feel about the club. I have in my head filed Tuesday's humiliating defeat as get it out of the way and move on. This crop of players are not up to much and Ainsworth and Dobson have to try and get a tune out of them as best they can until the end of the season and I believe they will. Forgetting all the noise that is going on upstairs our trouble has been that Rangers have been seen as a soft touch for years and to be honest the appointments of Beale and Critchley this year compounded this, couple of academy coaches never really played the game. Warburton our best manager for years was on the right path but unrealistic expectation and probably internal politics did for him. I am happy with us being a solid competitive Championship club building the foundation for promotion, but until we can get on a sound footing on and off the field this is going to be hard to achieve. I am hoping Ainsworth will be given time for a more back to basics approach and start to change Rangers image as a bunch of southern softies, only time will tell let's hope he gets it.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 10:50]
I’ve had enough on 11:21 - Mar 16 with 6026 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I'm sure I speak on behalf of DD as well as myself here but just worth pointing out that Quota Share Treaty Reinsurance Wordings Brokers are some of the best individuals around. Salt of the earth. My word is my bond.
I’ve had enough on 11:33 - Mar 16 with 5959 viewspaulparker

For a poster who lives on the other side of the world he sure has his finger in the pulse when it comes to categorising people

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I’ve had enough on 11:37 - Mar 16 with 5944 viewsDiscodroids

I’ve had enough on 11:21 - Mar 16 by Silverfoxqpr

I'm sure I speak on behalf of DD as well as myself here but just worth pointing out that Quota Share Treaty Reinsurance Wordings Brokers are some of the best individuals around. Salt of the earth. My word is my bond.

Salt of the earth perhaps Tone.

Although I'm sure you are well aware that when they're not being spun around bound and gagged on a Captains wheel by a hellbanianz Dominatrix queen cenobite above Robert Dyas in Leadenhall market of a friday afternoon, they're boring the jolly green giant sweetcorn out of everyones shit by the Lutine Bell.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 11:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I’ve had enough on 12:13 - Mar 16 with 5804 viewscaliforniahoop

A truly great post!
I’ve had enough on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 5662 viewsstanistheman

In early 2010 QPR were on an awful run and I recall protests against the owners, Briatore and Ecclestone. These protests led to Briatore stepping aside and putting Bhatia in charge who in return appointed Warnock as manager,

The club were on a similar downward spiral having been highflying in October under Magilton.

Some obviously don’t agree, but there is far too much apathy now and maybe protests are needed otherwise the club will continue to slide. Ferdinand will stay in post and carry on earning a good salary for directing the club towards L1. He won’t go voluntarily but needs to go and the owners could do a lot worse than appointing Warburton to replace him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024