Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same again next season 12:51 - Apr 11 with 4290 viewsstantheman10

If by chance we do actually stay up aren't we just going to be going through this whole thing again next season?
As everybody keeps posting on here the majority of our B team and youth players aren't good enough and we are going to be under even more restraints financially so players coming in are going to be of very limited ability (unless we get really lucky) or sick notes (see Amos etc)
Half the team are out of contract or going back to their parent clubs and others (Willock) will let their contracts run down. Anyone with any possible sale value will be sold (Chair, Dykes, Dieng, Field) so that basically leaves us with the dregs of a team already struggling in the Championship plus Kelman, Masterson, Shodipo, Alfa, Duke-McKenna and Travel Man. Bring on the 23-24 Championship season I can't wait!
Same again next season on 12:57 - Apr 11 with 3385 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It depends who's in charge. Stay up, bin off Les and the PE teachers and it's a whole new ball game.
Same again next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 3389 viewsRs_Holy

its a massive job for sure! Lets hope GA can keep us up first...and then get in a couple of top notch scouts. As mentioned there is b*gger all depth in the squad.
Same again next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 3381 viewsDavieQPR

That's it, this season isn't over and already doom and gloom for the next. Let's wait a bit longer shall we. Your chance will come.
Same again next season on 13:03 - Apr 11 with 3367 viewsNov77

Need to get this season over, if by some minor miracle we stay up, no doubt it will be spun as some sort of triumph, can’t let that be an excuse for Les to carry on, he really needs to go.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Same again next season on 14:38 - Apr 11 with 3194 viewsstantheman10

Same again next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 by DavieQPR

That's it, this season isn't over and already doom and gloom for the next. Let's wait a bit longer shall we. Your chance will come.

Well what else can you see then? I've already posted previously that I think we'd be better off going down now and trying to regroup than scrabbling around at the bottom of the Championship for years losing games left right and centre!
Same again next season on 14:58 - Apr 11 with 3091 viewsbongo_king

I see where you're coming from, but I feel there is reason for slight optimism if we do manage to stay up this year.

The near miss will be a massive wake up call for the owners and club as a whole. Given how they've acted over the last year I would be surprised if there was much of a plan for relegation to L1 (beyond not being obliged to sign Taylor Richards, possibly the only benefit of relegation :-D). A bit like when you have a brush with death for whatever reason, you appreciate life and change how you live. Put another way, if the hierarchy don't learn from this I doubt they'll ever learn.

I think Les leaving is a given this summer, I don't see how he survives. LH is probably too tarnished too.

On our players, I have said a few times I reckon they are better than we think, 10 months ago we were waxing lyrical about many of them. I do believe however we have a critical mass of bad eggs which is dragging the team as a whole down. If we survive, we are more likely to get proper value for any sellable assets (Chair, Dieng, Dykes, Field, Willock, Dunne, Paal) who may want to leave rather than a fire sale if we slip in to league 1. That will provide some money to rebuild something that looks like a reasonable lower champ team, around any of the above that stay + a few other squad players like Kakay, Armstrong.

The unknown in all this is Ainsworth. I think we can agree, as has been said, he was a crowd pleasing, rushed appointment. I'm not over the moon he's been dragged in, but the jury is very much out on him for me. Will the board want him to stay, will he be given a chance to do his thing?

In short the winds of change will blow through W12 this summer and I think it's too early to write off the future till we see what those winds bring.
Same again next season on 15:04 - Apr 11 with 3064 viewsjoe90

Same again next season on 14:58 - Apr 11 by bongo_king

I see where you're coming from, but I feel there is reason for slight optimism if we do manage to stay up this year.

The near miss will be a massive wake up call for the owners and club as a whole. Given how they've acted over the last year I would be surprised if there was much of a plan for relegation to L1 (beyond not being obliged to sign Taylor Richards, possibly the only benefit of relegation :-D). A bit like when you have a brush with death for whatever reason, you appreciate life and change how you live. Put another way, if the hierarchy don't learn from this I doubt they'll ever learn.

I think Les leaving is a given this summer, I don't see how he survives. LH is probably too tarnished too.

On our players, I have said a few times I reckon they are better than we think, 10 months ago we were waxing lyrical about many of them. I do believe however we have a critical mass of bad eggs which is dragging the team as a whole down. If we survive, we are more likely to get proper value for any sellable assets (Chair, Dieng, Dykes, Field, Willock, Dunne, Paal) who may want to leave rather than a fire sale if we slip in to league 1. That will provide some money to rebuild something that looks like a reasonable lower champ team, around any of the above that stay + a few other squad players like Kakay, Armstrong.

The unknown in all this is Ainsworth. I think we can agree, as has been said, he was a crowd pleasing, rushed appointment. I'm not over the moon he's been dragged in, but the jury is very much out on him for me. Will the board want him to stay, will he be given a chance to do his thing?

In short the winds of change will blow through W12 this summer and I think it's too early to write off the future till we see what those winds bring.

Same again next season? Could be much worse!
Same again next season on 15:06 - Apr 11 with 3060 viewsSuperhoop83

Can we please wait to see where we are on the evening of 8th May and take things from there?

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Same again next season on 15:31 - Apr 11 with 2966 viewsjohann28

If all else fails, we can just fight amongst ourselves. At least something i can rely on.
Same again next season on 15:38 - Apr 11 with 2906 viewsgazza1

No 1 - Any contracts that are up for renewal needs to be looked at very carefully. We need to stop offering players like Shodipo, the LB out on loan and others new contracts - it is proprer poor management & we are not a charity.
No 2 - And I don't know if they have 'transfer listed' anymore - if there is such a thing, we need to put a few on it!! Stop all this 'hoping' stuff and make proper professional decisions that are good for the club, stop wasting money, be ruthless and less passionate. Make a fooking decision on a player!!
Same again next season on 15:41 - Apr 11 with 2889 viewsBluce_Ree

Even if we do have a similarly shit season, we'll be a bit leaner next time. Fewer loans hopefully, fewer expensive players. Maybe a few more of our own players who might be considered assets.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Same again next season on 15:41 - Apr 11 with 2888 viewsrobith

My personal opinion on next year is Ainsworth was appointed cos they're pivoting to a scrappy team of free transfers and strays to try and stay under FFP
Same again next season on 15:49 - Apr 11 with 2864 viewsRangersw12

Same again next season on 12:57 - Apr 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

It depends who's in charge. Stay up, bin off Les and the PE teachers and it's a whole new ball game.

You're going to be very disappointed if you really think getting rid of "Les and the PE teachers" will solve everything!
Same again next season on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 2611 viewsenfieldargh

As I understand it the following's contract are up May/June

Archer
Amos
Balogun
Owens
Masterson
Walsh
Hamilianen
Shodipo
Kelman
Duke Mckenna

thats 10 plus chuck in the loans x 4 thats 14

From our current squad we will be left with

2 keepers
Dieng
Murphy

7 Defenders one of which is JCS(3 more years)
Gubbins
Drewe
Dickie
Dunne
Kakay
Paal
JCS

7 Midfield plus Richards
Johanson
Field
Willock
Chair
Dozzel
Dixon-Bonner
Adomah

2 Strikers
Dykes
Armstrong

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Same again next season on 19:09 - Apr 11 with 2586 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Same again next season on 15:41 - Apr 11 by robith

My personal opinion on next year is Ainsworth was appointed cos they're pivoting to a scrappy team of free transfers and strays to try and stay under FFP

All the best QPR teams are!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 19:09]
Same again next season on 19:38 - Apr 11 with 2498 viewsdaveB

Whatever happens and when people are celebrating les and whoever these PE teachers being referred to are going we'll still be in the same boat this summer.

If we stay up we still have to contend with FFP, still have to find gems to develop and sell on, still have an FFP fine to pay, still have to work within a tight budget that is one of the lowest in a division which will see 3 wealthy clubs coming into it from the Prem who will in all likehood fill 3 of the top 6 places and will have a squad with several players who don't want to be here who's contracts are running down and are not going to bring in much money if we sell them due to a poor season

Les, Hoos, Ainsworth doesn't matter who goes as whoever replaces them will need to be brilliant with recruitment for short term and long term signings. Who brings in the people to make those key decisions is up in the air as the owners are on the other side of the planet with not much knowledge into what to do.

If we go down it's the same problems but with less revenue to fix them.
Same again next season on 19:53 - Apr 11 with 2447 viewsthemodfather

most qpr fans want, STABILITY , mid table for a few seasons, with signs of progression .
none of this fighting relegation struggle heart attack crap!
Same again next season on 20:17 - Apr 11 with 2403 viewsRangersw12

Same again next season on 19:53 - Apr 11 by themodfather

most qpr fans want, STABILITY , mid table for a few seasons, with signs of progression .
none of this fighting relegation struggle heart attack crap!

So basically everything we had under Warburton
Same again next season on 20:34 - Apr 11 with 2352 viewsPikey

Not sure I get some of the comments
' go down to div 1 and reset'
= lose £7m of tv income and any value in players for sale reduced.
' go down, out the owners , go into admin and reset' lose £ 7m of tv income, £20+ m of owners annual subsidy and also start life in div 1 with a points deduction for admin and a possible 2nd for ffp. That means div 2 in 2 years.

For my part its essential we stay up and battle on to stay in the Championship cut our cloth accordingly to survive. And yes it may jusf be about survival for niw but the alternative is possible bankruptcy and closure.
Same again next season on 20:48 - Apr 11 with 2317 viewsRs_Holy

Same again next season on 20:34 - Apr 11 by Pikey

Not sure I get some of the comments
' go down to div 1 and reset'
= lose £7m of tv income and any value in players for sale reduced.
' go down, out the owners , go into admin and reset' lose £ 7m of tv income, £20+ m of owners annual subsidy and also start life in div 1 with a points deduction for admin and a possible 2nd for ffp. That means div 2 in 2 years.

For my part its essential we stay up and battle on to stay in the Championship cut our cloth accordingly to survive. And yes it may jusf be about survival for niw but the alternative is possible bankruptcy and closure.

We would qualify for the Papa Johns Trophy tho…
Same again next season on 21:14 - Apr 11 with 2286 viewsPikey

You are aware of our cup record😁
Same again next season on 21:19 - Apr 11 with 2276 viewsderbyhoop

Most of those out of contract will go.
Probably, we need to sell at least 1 of the saleable assets.
Apart from Armstrong, any player coming up from B team has to improve a long way from anything they've shown so far.
The scouting will need to be top notch as we will need to recruit half a team.
If we drop to L1, you can forget getting any loanees from PL clubs.
Hard to see us in top half.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Same again next season on 22:34 - Apr 11 with 2188 viewsSuperhoops2808

Same again next season on 20:17 - Apr 11 by Rangersw12

So basically everything we had under Warburton

I'll think it, you say it!!!!!
Same again next season on 23:38 - Apr 11 with 2112 viewsozexile

Same again next season on 14:38 - Apr 11 by stantheman10

Well what else can you see then? I've already posted previously that I think we'd be better off going down now and trying to regroup than scrabbling around at the bottom of the Championship for years losing games left right and centre!

Sheffield Wednesday are still regrouping 5 years later.
Same again next season on 23:45 - Apr 11 with 2103 viewsSydneyRs

Ainsworth has talked about "sorting everything out" at the end of the season, so I'm keen to see how this goes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024