Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positivity 22:48 - Apr 19 with 2870 viewshoops_legend

I felt like we played the well today. Not great but like a team who can compete and that’s enough for me today

We now have Burnley with nothing to play for, followed by two poor mid table teams Stoke and Bristol City

I am confident we can get 4 points from that as they will be on their summer holidays in their heads

So the Rs are staying up!!
Positivity on 22:51 - Apr 19 with 2810 viewsPikey

Why was Dieng wasting time on goal kicks when even he must know we needed 3 points
Positivity on 22:52 - Apr 19 with 2789 viewsJuzzie

Burnley don’t have nothing to play for. One more win guarantees them the title, at home.
Why on earth would they not want to achieve that?

They may not get the trophy until their next, and final, home game but you’d surely want it done and dusted before then.

[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:53]
Positivity on 22:55 - Apr 19 with 2735 viewsFDC

I'm all for excessive drug taking, i really am.

I watched the last 20 minutes of Reading v Luton, I just think the teams around us look more likely to score goals.

It was a nice ball into the box for Dykes, but honestly he shouldn't have been allowed that space. We haven't carved out a goal that was actually well worked that i can remember since the bronze age?
Positivity on 22:56 - Apr 19 with 2709 viewsKerryE

As you say, tonight's performance has not killed us, we got a decent point against a play off chasing club.

It's the previous 15+ games that may relegate us.
Positivity on 23:11 - Apr 19 with 2611 viewsqpr1976

I fear we’ll need Stoke & Brizzle physically on the beach, not just metaphorically……
Positivity on 23:13 - Apr 19 with 2603 viewswombat

Positivity on 23:11 - Apr 19 by qpr1976

I fear we’ll need Stoke & Brizzle physically on the beach, not just metaphorically……

Having a midfield player alongside field who can actually bring the ball forward is the big diff for us , Tim played well today , if fit I’d start field Moses and Tim and drop Martin for sat otherwise it’s gonna be carnage with that back four , I’d also show Lowe some videos of how a winger should track back and help his defender sometimes but can’t have everything I suppose

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Positivity on 23:15 - Apr 19 with 2584 viewsManinBlack

We have a poor attack and don't shoot enough. Even if Burnley are coasting and they give us several gilt edged chances to score we will waste them. We have been useless in front of goal for 5 months.

Other clubs around us have been hitting the net more often than us. I know we beat Watford by one goal at home but they have since lost at home to Huddersfield and Cardiff who both managed three against them. Other sides appear to be converting chances which we don't. Our goals tally at the Loft end has been a disgrace all season even when things were going OK and has been a major factor in a poor home record of late.
Positivity on 23:42 - Apr 19 with 2466 viewsEsgaroth

Positives

Lyndon scored
Field was a work horse
Drewe has a great long throw
Lowe looked half decent at times
We didn't loose

Negatives
Defence can't concentrate for an entire game
Senny slows the play down CONSTANTLY.
Salter is more fragile than a 90 year old woman.
Chair is awful at taking corners or dead balls.
Why do we crowd the keeper at corners when all it does is give an immediate free kick to the oppo (every bloody time)

For 46 ish minutes I was pretty happy with things, then the old failings raised thier head and we were clinging on for dear life, Amos could have been a hero if he had picked a side instead of trying to scoop it over a 6ft5 keeper from the penalty spot but it wasn't to be.

Add a motivated and fit Willock and we may be ok but it's going to be tough to watch.

But I will........You Rs

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Login to get fewer ads

Positivity on 23:50 - Apr 19 with 2410 viewsdistortR

Positivity on 23:42 - Apr 19 by Esgaroth

Positives

Lyndon scored
Field was a work horse
Drewe has a great long throw
Lowe looked half decent at times
We didn't loose

Negatives
Defence can't concentrate for an entire game
Senny slows the play down CONSTANTLY.
Salter is more fragile than a 90 year old woman.
Chair is awful at taking corners or dead balls.
Why do we crowd the keeper at corners when all it does is give an immediate free kick to the oppo (every bloody time)

For 46 ish minutes I was pretty happy with things, then the old failings raised thier head and we were clinging on for dear life, Amos could have been a hero if he had picked a side instead of trying to scoop it over a 6ft5 keeper from the penalty spot but it wasn't to be.

Add a motivated and fit Willock and we may be ok but it's going to be tough to watch.

But I will........You Rs

Seny slowing the game up is a '2 big men up front' tactic. You make his goal kicks etc set pieces.

it's shit, mind.
Positivity on 23:57 - Apr 19 with 2371 viewsEsgaroth

Positivity on 23:50 - Apr 19 by distortR

Seny slowing the game up is a '2 big men up front' tactic. You make his goal kicks etc set pieces.

it's shit, mind.

Yeah true and I get that it may be an actual tactic for two up front but Senny has been doing it all season irrespective of how many we have up front. Drives me bloody mad when we need to hit teams on the break and he stands there bouncing the ball like he's in the NBA allowing the opponents to get back in position,
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 23:59]

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Positivity on 00:43 - Apr 20 with 2211 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dieng is one player I'd be more than happy for us to 'cash in on' at the end of the season, wherever we finish. He plays with something between a surly scowl and a wasted insouciance pasted on his face, and should have done better again tonight for their goal. Mind you, I suppose he's entitled to be permanently hacked off with our 'defence'.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Positivity on 01:04 - Apr 20 with 2178 viewseastside_r

I’m not dead (yet)?
Positivity on 01:22 - Apr 20 with 2131 viewsSydneyRs

Positivity on 22:55 - Apr 19 by FDC

I'm all for excessive drug taking, i really am.

I watched the last 20 minutes of Reading v Luton, I just think the teams around us look more likely to score goals.

It was a nice ball into the box for Dykes, but honestly he shouldn't have been allowed that space. We haven't carved out a goal that was actually well worked that i can remember since the bronze age?

Agree. Dykes took the goal well but terrible defending by Norwich.
Positivity on 06:34 - Apr 20 with 1874 viewshoops_legend

Positivity on 00:43 - Apr 20 by stainrods_elbow

Dieng is one player I'd be more than happy for us to 'cash in on' at the end of the season, wherever we finish. He plays with something between a surly scowl and a wasted insouciance pasted on his face, and should have done better again tonight for their goal. Mind you, I suppose he's entitled to be permanently hacked off with our 'defence'.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 0:43]

I actually think Dieng is very very good. His poor performances mean he will stay with us and he will hopefully return to form next season when he has a more reliable defence in front of him
Positivity on 07:08 - Apr 20 with 1760 viewsDorse

I try to follow the 'It's Brightening Up' School of QPR fandom. The kind of attitude that sees me barbecuing in the pissing rain, clinging onto the tiny, 30 mile-distant patch of pale grey sky as evidence that, by the time the burgers are done, I'll be glad I put on that Factor 50.

This season has sent me over the edge and I took a huge rage dump on the whole thing a few weeks ago. However, that has allowed me to regain my relentlessly irritating Pollyanna attitude. Here goes.

I am pleased we have given debuts to younger players. Whatever happens this season, that is going to be a positive for next year.
Field has been excellent - better than many of the midfielders we've had for years.
The fans have been brilliant, especially away.
Our away kit rules.

Edit: and it's nearly Eurovision. 'Instead I wrote a song, about 3 minutes long, my mints are extra strong, uncomfortable thong...' etc
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:10]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024