Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham 11:17 - Apr 23 with 8919 viewsloftboy

Glad they’re back in the league, but I don’t remember Hartlepools promotion a couple of years ago making news at 10?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wrexham on 11:22 - Apr 23 with 5542 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just noticed that both Yeovil and Scunthorpe were relegated from National League. Both former Championship teams.
Wrexham on 12:20 - Apr 23 with 5383 viewsderbyhoop

Lack of celebrity owners?

2 of the (former) League grounds I've been to willsee the clubs relegated from National League.

Scunthorpe to Nat League N, Yeovil to South.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wrexham on 12:24 - Apr 23 with 5348 viewspaulparker

I find it all a bit nauseating if truth be told
I’m sick of seeing their boats all over the media I hope they get relegated next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wrexham on 12:42 - Apr 23 with 5318 viewsMaggsinho

Lots of general interest in this due to the owners and the TV show. I know people following this who probably couldn’t tell you who was in the Premiership.
Wrexham on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 5299 viewsdistortR

Wrexham on 12:24 - Apr 23 by paulparker

I’m sick of seeing their boats all over the media I hope they get relegated next year

Yeah, they've been validated by the otherwise solely premiership obsessed media by the presence of two hollywood 'celebrities'. The furore isn't about Wrexham at all.
Wrexham on 12:49 - Apr 23 with 5274 viewsQPR_Jim

I was kind of hoping that they ended up in the playoffs again. Would make better TV which is essentially why there's as much interest as there is, so would be fitting.
Wrexham on 13:02 - Apr 23 with 5221 viewsGloucs_R

It really has surprised me that a team with a league one budget has won the national league title.... Truly remarkable 😉

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wrexham on 13:24 - Apr 23 with 5162 viewsstowmarketrange

I went to an evening with Jeff Stelling on Thursday night and he said that their 1st choice of club to buy was Hartlepool but the owner wanted his money back that he’d put in to keep the club afloat before he would sell to them.They chose Wrexham instead.
Ironic that on the day that Wrexham got promoted,Hartlepool lost at home to virtually condemn themselves to the national league in Wrexham’s place.
Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham on 13:41 - Apr 23 with 5100 viewsToast_R

TBF though if you watched the show you'd know the fans of that long suffering club deserve their day in the Sun. They've had to fight to keep that club alive and out of the hands of chancers trying to destroy it in order to make a quick buck. Be happy for them if not the owners who I actually quite like as well to be honest.
Wrexham on 16:52 - Apr 23 with 4904 viewsDamo1962

Me too. The times I went to the Racecourse back in the day, I found them to be more anti English than Cardiff. More celebrity bollocks, to add to the already over flowing cesspit that is 21st century reality.
Wrexham on 17:00 - Apr 23 with 4879 viewsBoston

Wrexham on 16:52 - Apr 23 by Damo1962

Me too. The times I went to the Racecourse back in the day, I found them to be more anti English than Cardiff. More celebrity bollocks, to add to the already over flowing cesspit that is 21st century reality.

Actually, I'd also got an anti English vibe in Wrexham. Not in your face, but it's there, stronger than south Wales.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wrexham on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 4782 viewsCamberleyR

Wrexham on 17:00 - Apr 23 by Boston

Actually, I'd also got an anti English vibe in Wrexham. Not in your face, but it's there, stronger than south Wales.

North Wales has always been known for it. They can be happily talkiing in English but will deliberately start talking in Welsh when they realise you're English.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wrexham on 17:54 - Apr 23 with 4758 viewsCamberleyR

You've got to feel a bit sorry for Notts County.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wrexham on 18:12 - Apr 23 with 4715 viewsManinBlack

Wrexham on 17:52 - Apr 23 by CamberleyR

North Wales has always been known for it. They can be happily talkiing in English but will deliberately start talking in Welsh when they realise you're English.

Yes that happened to me in a pub in Blaenau and the Conwy KFC. As soon as I ordered the customers sitting down started speaking in Welsh. Never have this problem in the south where I have been the past week.
Wrexham on 19:23 - Apr 23 with 4556 viewskensalriser

Rochdale out of the league for the first time in over 100 years, that's got to hurt.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wrexham on 20:07 - Apr 23 with 4423 viewsOldPedro

Just seems to me that the owners have done an excellent job since taking over the club. Isn't that a good thing?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wrexham on 20:13 - Apr 23 with 4384 viewsMedwayR

Wrexham on 20:07 - Apr 23 by OldPedro

Just seems to me that the owners have done an excellent job since taking over the club. Isn't that a good thing?

It is but we don't need to hear about it every single day.

Poll: Who’s better?

Wrexham on 10:52 - Apr 24 with 4089 viewsguitarzan

The owners watched Sunderland til I die, and decided to buy a club in order to have their own Netflix programme. So a team in the English league is now a Netflix project for a couple of Hollywood celebrities. Mind you, Newcastle are owned by the Saudis.
Wrexham on 10:59 - Apr 24 with 4049 viewsClive_Anderson

Wrexham on 19:23 - Apr 23 by kensalriser

Rochdale out of the league for the first time in over 100 years, that's got to hurt.

All the teams in Greater Manchester apart from the big two have had a terrible last 15 years.

Bury and Macclesfield went bust
Bolton relegated to the 4th tier and hours away from going bust
Oldham, Stockport, Rochdale relegated out the league
Wrexham on 12:27 - Apr 24 with 3889 viewsthemodfather

would rather notts county came up , cos of the history and er, sod wales.
Wrexham on 13:08 - Apr 24 with 3831 viewsJuzzie

The media are always going to find one club to fawn over. It’s what they have to do.
Leeds, Derby, Wrexham and so on.

When they are bored of Wrexham they’ll find someone else.
Wrexham on 13:19 - Apr 24 with 3780 viewsMrSheen

Wrexham on 19:23 - Apr 23 by kensalriser

In the days of re-election, it seemed they were always down there, with Halifax.
Wrexham on 13:43 - Apr 24 with 3698 viewsQPRSteve

It's doing my head in here in Cardiff. They are still banging on about it on the local news. Been out of the league of 15 years. Have a look at Barrow you wânkers. If it wasn't for the two septics this promotion would have gone unnoticed.
Wrexham on 13:57 - Apr 24 with 3671 viewsSonofpugwash

Wrexham on 18:12 - Apr 23 by ManinBlack

Yes that happened to me in a pub in Blaenau and the Conwy KFC. As soon as I ordered the customers sitting down started speaking in Welsh. Never have this problem in the south where I have been the past week.

Such a bogus language,half the time they're using English words.
I refuse to take seriously a tongue that translates "Jellyfish" into "Pysgod Wibbli Wobbli"

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Wrexham on 13:59 - Apr 24 with 3654 viewsdaveB

good luck to them, have obviously spent a lot of money but must be so exciting for the fans at the moment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024