Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GA must be doing something right 19:00 - Apr 30 with 4764 viewsLordPork

I noted the comments from ( naturally ) upset Burnley fans on their fans website forum last week.

Guess what, apparently the ref was "shite" and the worst they've seen at Burnley all season, plus our shithousery was of an Olympic standard.

Ditto this week at Stoke, whilst the ref may not have that awful, the shithousery was noticed.

Well done Gareth.

Whilst, as mentioned here, no one likes to see it at your own home ground or seeing your own side do it, but if Rangers were clearly one thing away from home it was weakness of game management.

At least that's been fixed.

Note to DoF
The next time we're in need of a manager and they talk about who they'll be bringing along in their coaching team, ignore the waffle about dead ball management, sports science, dietician. The key requirement / priority is for a professional shithouser trainer.
GA must be doing something right on 19:11 - Apr 30 with 3850 viewsJigsore

to be fair to them a lot of posts i've seen haven't taken issue with us doing it, both sets of fans are very used to doing what you have to do to stay up, but with the refs for allowing it.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

GA must be doing something right on 19:12 - Apr 30 with 3801 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sad, but probably true. Pro football is a cynical business which greatly purges the pleasure in the product for the dwindling number of us who still have a footballing soul.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

GA must be doing something right on 19:21 - Apr 30 with 3767 viewscolinallcars

I imagine the season ticket details will be announced this week. I'm 95% certain to renew but the $hithousery would inhabit the 5% of me that is reluctant.
Maybe just maybe OK in a desperate straits type of game but I don't want to see it regularly.
Goes without saying that it would be greatly reduced with stronger reffing. The hard part would be the “head injuries”.
GA must be doing something right on 19:26 - Apr 30 with 3743 viewsnix

Pep and SAF would do it if it gave them a competitive advantage.

I don't want to see it every week or as the primary strategy but teams that win use all strategies. Even the so called footballing sides get in the ear of the ref, nudge players off the ball, kick the ball away for throw ins and freekicks. Remember at least four Bournemouth players going down at the same time when they were beating us. Gary Cahill even got embarrassed and hauled one of his own teammates up. Guess what? They got promoted.

I don't want to be PNE but I don't want to be Naive Fools FC either.
GA must be doing something right on 19:31 - Apr 30 with 3712 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We've been far too nice for far too long. We're still too quiet. We had a peno shout yesterday and we only raised a meek whimper.

The other side of it, though, is the feigning injury, which has been embarssing the last two games. There's a line, it's grey and it's wooly and it moves around, I get all of that, but when four of your team are on the deck at the same time holding their heads and none of them need treatment, you've crossed it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

GA must be doing something right on 19:36 - Apr 30 with 3693 viewswesty

If you are going to let the players run the games it will always happen.
Why doesn’t the Lino have a spray can to denote where the ball goes out for a throw,
Why allow players who are literally dying then get straight up and sprint like Linford Christie if they don’t get the foul,Why allow managers Ala Jurgen Klopp scream in the faces of officials like today against Tottenham,
Why allow players to stand in front of the ref and scream Fck Off.

They don’t allow it in Rugby where tbf they are stamping all over each other yet the Ref is in total charge and they adhere to it.
Let’s face it the majority of modern day footballers are spoilt over hyped over paid parts.

I actually don’t mind a bit of shithousery but the points I’ve made above really piss me off.
I would have two footed Arteta on the sidelines by now, accidentally of course.

Unfortunately if you don’t apply the darker arts others will.
GA must be doing something right on 19:57 - Apr 30 with 3625 viewsVancouverHoop

I actually don't blame the refs. For whatever reason* even if they're not explicitly encouraged to let shi*housery happen, they risk being penalised accordingly if they don't bring play to a halt. As noted elsewhere it doesn't occur to anything like the same extent in other European leagues.

* Ultimately I suspect they're financial.
GA must be doing something right on 20:27 - Apr 30 with 3499 viewscharmr

Every time a team breaks/turns over the ball against Man City they tactical foul them. Silva is the main culprit

AMD KNOW ONE MENTIONS IT OR DARES TO MENTION IT.

I wonder why?
Login to get fewer ads

GA must be doing something right on 20:36 - Apr 30 with 3453 viewsSonofpugwash

Bada bing.
You do what you have to do.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

GA must be doing something right on 20:39 - Apr 30 with 3438 viewsthemodfather

he came in to keep us up, job done, a hard job, bloody hard. now the rebuild begins on a tight budget but maybe with heart and passion for this club. he knows the fans are solid and the 12th man.
GA must be doing something right on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 3424 viewsBoston

GA must be doing something right on 19:21 - Apr 30 by colinallcars

I imagine the season ticket details will be announced this week. I'm 95% certain to renew but the $hithousery would inhabit the 5% of me that is reluctant.
Maybe just maybe OK in a desperate straits type of game but I don't want to see it regularly.
Goes without saying that it would be greatly reduced with stronger reffing. The hard part would be the “head injuries”.

My fav head injury story is one attributed to Brian Clough...assistants tell him that one of the players is in a daze and doesn't know what his name is. Clough instructs them to tell him he's Pele and get him back on the pitch.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

GA must be doing something right on 20:48 - Apr 30 with 3408 viewscolinallcars

GA must be doing something right on 19:36 - Apr 30 by westy

Why doesn’t the Lino have a spray can to denote where the ball goes out for a throw,
Why allow players who are literally dying then get straight up and sprint like Linford Christie if they don’t get the foul,Why allow managers Ala Jurgen Klopp scream in the faces of officials like today against Tottenham,

They don’t allow it in Rugby where tbf they are stamping all over each other yet the Ref is in total charge and they adhere to it.
Let’s face it the majority of modern day footballers are spoilt over hyped over paid parts.

I actually don’t mind a bit of shithousery but the points I’ve made above really piss me off.

Trouble with the spray idea is linos only run half the pitch.
I don't mind players nicking a yard or so at a throw it's the feigning injuries I can't abide.
GA must be doing something right on 20:53 - Apr 30 with 3392 viewsqueensparker

To be fair we’ve saved up five years of meekly playing the game in quiet Corinthian spirit and then crammed that five years into a spectacular array of two minute throw ins, one minute goal kicks and dying swans littering the pitch.

And we got six points we badly needed.

Let’s hope there’s more of a balance next season but if every other team is doing it you can’t be the naive mugs.
GA must be doing something right on 21:05 - Apr 30 with 3318 viewsPaddyhoops

The stats for “Ball in play” in the championship are diabolical in comparison to other leagues .
A lot of this is due to cheating/ s**thousing and basically being a pretty terrible product. .
Under Ainsworth we’ve joined the party and have become as bad as everyone else however to a certain degree it has kept us in the the league which we all desperately wanted.
GA must be doing something right on 21:44 - Apr 30 with 3171 viewsDorse

Shithousery: the ancient and noble art of kicking the knackers out of the opposition whilst getting them booked for it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

GA must be doing something right on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 3122 viewscolinallcars

There was a home match v PNE a few years back - one of their defenders had collapsed looking as though his days on this mortal coil had ended. Then….near the end, Barbet blasted a free kick straight into the defender's kite, and he just shook his head a bit and played on to clear the ball.
GA must be doing something right on 22:07 - Apr 30 with 3093 viewsCLAREMAN1995

GA must be doing something right on 19:36 - Apr 30 by westy

Brilliant post here Westy and the good new is Klopp actually pulled his hamstring acting the p*ick so good enough for him.He claims the ref hates Liverpool and he decided to get in the face of the innocent 4th official.
Of course Jota scored the winner when he should have been sent off for kicking a Spurs player in the face but got only a yellow .
Jack Grealish should have been given a second yellow for abusing/ taunting the ref but of course he got off .
Bruno Fernandez is the biggest w8nker in the PL IMO constantly berating and questioning the ref as well as saying fcuk off every game to every ref .
Not sure if swearin in other language gets them off but it sure looks like it.
As Brian pointed out at least 4 QPR players hit the deck at the same time yesterday and slowly got up when they realized the danger was over.
GA must be doing something right on 22:08 - Apr 30 with 3089 viewswesty

GA must be doing something right on 20:48 - Apr 30 by colinallcars

Trouble with the spray idea is linos only run half the pitch.
I don't mind players nicking a yard or so at a throw it's the feigning injuries I can't abide.

Haha I hadn’t factored in the half way only. Ffs don’t let me on Dragons Den 😂
GA must be doing something right on 22:17 - Apr 30 with 3041 viewscolinallcars

GA must be doing something right on 22:08 - Apr 30 by westy

Haha I hadn’t factored in the half way only. Ffs don’t let me on Dragons Den 😂

''ere's a quiz question…..in what year did linos stop running the full length of the pitch and just run the half alongside the left back ?
I haven't a clue.
GA must be doing something right on 22:31 - Apr 30 with 3000 viewsAntti_Heinola

GA must be doing something right on 20:27 - Apr 30 by charmr

Every time a team breaks/turns over the ball against Man City they tactical foul them. Silva is the main culprit

I wonder why?

Aliens?

Bare bones.

GA must be doing something right on 23:54 - Apr 30 with 2792 viewsDannyPaddox

GA must be doing something right on 20:27 - Apr 30 by charmr

I wonder why?

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! 🤫

Bielsa was doing it with Chile 15 years ago
GA must be doing something right on 01:08 - May 1 with 2686 viewskensalriser

GA must be doing something right on 21:56 - Apr 30 by colinallcars

There was a home match v PNE a few years back - one of their defenders had collapsed looking as though his days on this mortal coil had ended. Then….near the end, Barbet blasted a free kick straight into the defender's kite, and he just shook his head a bit and played on to clear the ball.

Kite?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

GA must be doing something right on 01:14 - May 1 with 2679 viewsVancouverHoop

Kite = stomach. As in:

"Boiled beef and carrots
Boiled beef and carrots
That's the stuff for your 'darby-kell'
Makes you fat and it keeps you well
Don't live like vegetarians
On food they give to parrots
Blow out your kite from morn' till night
On boiled beef and carrots"
GA must be doing something right on 04:33 - May 1 with 2601 viewswesty

GA must be doing something right on 22:17 - Apr 30 by colinallcars

''ere's a quiz question…..in what year did linos stop running the full length of the pitch and just run the half alongside the left back ?
I haven't a clue.

Jeez I’ve no idea. Did they ever do that ?
Imagine trying to keep up with play. They’d have to have substitutions for the linos. It would be absolute carnage.
Unless they sit on tracks like you sometimes see the cameras on in European games.

Wonder if drones will ever get used in the game, like on wires similar to the cameras above play.

Should start a thread on rules and changes we would all like to see.
GA must be doing something right on 05:17 - May 1 with 2584 viewsLblock

The feigning head injury is simple - you go down clutching your loaf, game stopped and physio on; then off you go for a minimum 60 seconds with a minimum two minutes added per physio head assessment added onto injury time.

I think that would soon cure this pisstake with injury times becoming regular double digit add in’s and teams being forced to play with 10 men at end of games.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024