Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... 19:10 - May 8 with 7406 viewsWatfordR

I am just hoping and praying that someone in charge of the club reads this forum.

Gareth Ainsworth may have been popular as a player. He may want to do his best for the club. He's got lovely hair, and his new single is bound to be a hit, but for Christ's sake, please let's everyone recognise he is not the right person to have as manager here, and let's cut whatever losses we need to before he spends whatever few bob we've got on bringing in League One cloggers to play League One clogging.

We've had a game today against a team already on holiday. We were safe, and I had hoped we might get a glimpse of what idea of attacking play he's capable of organising. I had hoped we might see the players get the ball down and try to play. But no. Launch it, play it forward, no matter if you've got the ball under control, no matter if you're playing it vaguely in the direction of one of your colleagues. Swing it forward. Absolutely no attacking plan otherwise. Bristol as I said had nothing to play for, but could still be @rsed to do the basics of football, pass and move.

Anyone trying to convince everyone that GA is magically going to conjure up something next season that is watchable outside of bl00dy Wycombe is kidding themselves, and the usual suspects will no doubt be out in force to tell us we don't understand later.

Well I've been watching football for long enough to know what's right and what isn't, and GA's idea of football isn't going to work at Championship level. As the old saying goes, if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog, it's probably a dog. And that football might win at Cruft's, but that's it.

In his comments on Johansen - "The intensity we’re playing at the moment doesn’t suit your passing game". Sums GA up in a nutshell. Energy, enthusiasm, intensity - footballing technique and skill nowhere on the list of priorities.

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God, get shot of him NOW.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:03 - May 9 with 1656 viewsdistortR

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 07:38 - May 9 by goodlife

Better now than after seven loss start of next season! Better for GA, better for club. Wrong set up, wrong game management, the players don't believe in the style either.

How could they? If you are Jamal lowe, you are dropped for Chris Martin. If you are Ilias Chair, you are stuck out on the periphery. Long balls for Dykes to knock down to the willing runner............................Chris Martin.
I'm still with GA on this on 08:07 - May 9 with 1634 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'm still with GA on this on 03:30 - May 9 by strikerace

He was brought in at the very end, after 2 other managers, to keep us up. Which he did, who cares what he had to do or who he had to pay off. He wasn't brought in to play beautiful football, and he wasn't brought in to develop players. He did his job.

Now he deserves the offseason to build the team he wants. We will see next season what he is all about, but I do not thin anyone should base it on the few matches he managed over the past 2 months

Eight points clear of the drop when he took over. Won one home game against a team even less arsed than ours. Lost 6-1 to a Mick McCarthy side. Played godawful football.

If they're putting him in charge of a reboot, then heaven help us.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:11 - May 9 with 1618 viewsAd99

Even though yesterday's selection was a bit puzzling (and I'd love to know the full reasons for it, other than he thinks it was perhaps the strongest to win the game and reverse the glut at home) how about we judge GA on next season when it actually is next season?

Maybe three managerial changes in one campaign is not enough for people? Let's start with #1 nice and early...
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:17 - May 9 with 1579 viewspaulparker

If anyone needs to go it’s Les , Ramsey , Hall, Hoos and anyone else who has been stealing a living from this club the last 8 years
But no let’s get a coach who likes to play tippy tappy football like Critchley because that worked well didn’t it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:19 - May 9 with 1573 viewsgazza1

I, generally, do not get involved with off the field stuff because I do not know what goes on, I don't spout on about player wages, nor about player injuries and unavailability's because I do not know. Should Les be replaced, his record says yes but I do not know, Hoos, the same, Ramsey, the same and there are more behind the scene guys.

What I do know is about the football side of things because I see it at most home games and some away matches. On the field of play we have so many issues, so many - players, many of them, are so inconsistent in their play (good, bad, average), many of the players are just not good enough, some so limited it is embarrassing, our style of play is poor, long, hoof ball, 20% possession is not going to win many matches, so many wrong decisions made by the players, no confidence, and it goes on and on.

The jury is out re GA......but so many posters wanted GA - why?? Good players for the Club with a heart of gold doesn't mean that they will make good managers/coaches - posters have mentioned Clint Hill, Derry and others - why, playing the game isn't the same as managing and coaching the players, entirely different. In saying that I cannot see the Club replacing GA so many posters will be pleased - I hope he gets things right.

I have been told there is much more off the field stuff that is wrong and I respect that so that will need sorting if it is a problem but we are not going to get far with the footballing side with what we are currently doing/playing.

Strangely, though, I think that we have some decent players in our squad, a good base - as good as many other clubs in the division but we just cannot play the game at championship level. Up front, and I do not want to pick on Dykes ( & he has been playing much better recently) but he really is not the goalscoring answer, we knock Martin, and I understand why, but he gets into better goalscoring positions and would score more goals that Dykes. central midfield is an issue, Field cannot do it all on his own, he needs one or two decent hard working, good passing, evil players around him - midfield is where you can win matches.

We have got to release at least 10 players this close season and stop just giving contracts out for fun - then replace them with proper hardworking, good attitude players. It isn't going to be easy....but I haven't got a real problem with older players providing they are healthy and want to play for QPR and not robbing the Club and work hard.

Anyway, that's my slant on things but I am concerned for us, GA is key on his signings this coming 3 months.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 8:22]
I'm still with GA on this on 08:24 - May 9 with 1553 viewsessextaxiboy

I'm still with GA on this on 07:54 - May 9 by daveB

He wasn't brought in at the very end, he came in February when we have 15 games left and were 8 points clear. Since then reading had a 6 point deduction and we still almost went down. Lets not pretend he was coming into a rescue act, it was a mess but has got worse under him

Of course it was a rescue act . His first game was Blackhurn so he had 13 games .
Critchlley was running at 0.5 points per game , With GA it has been 0.84 , the difference over the 13 games being 3 points . So with the facts we have..Ainsworth rescued us from relegation .....but it wasnt pretty or comfortable.
I'm still with GA on this on 08:47 - May 9 with 1453 viewsRs_Holy

I'm still with GA on this on 07:54 - May 9 by daveB

He wasn't brought in at the very end, he came in February when we have 15 games left and were 8 points clear. Since then reading had a 6 point deduction and we still almost went down. Lets not pretend he was coming into a rescue act, it was a mess but has got worse under him

we're such a basket case at the moment, I suppose the next non logical thing to do is sack GA after he has kept us up and has over 3 and 1/2 years left of his contract left... and then get Nathan Jones as his replacement!
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:56 - May 9 with 1423 viewsE15Hoop

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 19:23 - May 8 by Rangersw12

Don't worry mate its all going to workout well

GA is going to build the team around Richards you know the fella who's played 60 mins of the whole season and remember GA doesn't really like playing 442 long ball football but had to in games where we needed to get a result you know like today !!!

The reason I know all this is as Ian Holloways mate of 20 years posts on here and he's done the same course as Dobson so clearly knows what he's talking about

Mock as much as you like, but you haven't given GA and RD the chance to build their own squad with a fresh culture and fresh approach yet.
I agree that yesterday wasn't great, and I agree that something clearly went wrong in terms of what the expectation was v what was delivered on the pitch, but as I keep being told by all the sceptics ^the proof of the pudding is in the eating". So give the management team a chance to make the pudding before coming out with your preconceived judgements.
Login to get fewer ads

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:00 - May 9 with 1396 viewshubble

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:56 - May 9 by E15Hoop

Mock as much as you like, but you haven't given GA and RD the chance to build their own squad with a fresh culture and fresh approach yet.
I agree that yesterday wasn't great, and I agree that something clearly went wrong in terms of what the expectation was v what was delivered on the pitch, but as I keep being told by all the sceptics ^the proof of the pudding is in the eating". So give the management team a chance to make the pudding before coming out with your preconceived judgements.

I don't know mate... I was buying into this narrative until yesterday.

Now I've done a U-turn. That performance, well, from the moment I saw the team sheet, I thought: WTF is this shit? Nice of Albert to underline it so early on though. He's been a good and loyal servant in recent years (Albert, that is), but his time is done. And yet GA is talking about extending his contract. And Chris Martin. The club can't afford to sack GA. Last few seasons we've been shopping at Poundland. Next season, it's car boot sales. What a f*cking shit show of a season!! Wow.

There's a fantasy narrative that has GA picking up these lower league gems and fashioning a squad of moderately talented grafters who play smash and grab football to take us to the heady heights of mid-table next season. Then there's the more sobering reality that we go down playing agricultural football worthy of the Halifax and district league. GA is Worzel Gummidge and I've got a brand new combine harvester.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:02 - May 9 with 1388 viewsdaveB

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 08:17 - May 9 by paulparker

If anyone needs to go it’s Les , Ramsey , Hall, Hoos and anyone else who has been stealing a living from this club the last 8 years
But no let’s get a coach who likes to play tippy tappy football like Critchley because that worked well didn’t it

i'd agree they need to go as well but I'm not sure anyone is asking for tippy tappy football, just some sort of gameplan of how to attack would be handy
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:02 - May 9 with 1387 viewsdmm

I'm generally fairly optimistic about Rangers but right now I'm struggling to see anything to be hopeful about.

This season has been the worst I've ever witnessed and I attended every home game in 68/69, our first in the top division, when we won a total of 4 games all season.

Whichever way you look at it, we're in a big, dark, deep hole with no apparent way out. Clive's comment that it'll get worse before it gets better sums it up. Just how much worse and for how long is now the question.

I'll probably feel a bit better about things come the first game of the season - don't we always? Nonetheless, it's going to take several minor miracles if we're to avoid relegation next season.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:03 - May 9 with 1383 viewsRangersw12

I was livid so was a bit harsh to be honest so apologies for mocking mate.

I just don't understand why he did that yesterday as it was a perfect opportunity to prove a few people wrong and give us a bit of hope going into the summer.

I was hoping it would be a bit like the Birmingham game a few seasons ago under Ollie where Chair scored his first goal and we could see some green shoots and some optimism going into the summer.

Seemed a massive wasted opportunity for me and we learnt nothing from it
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:06 - May 9 with 1359 viewsAndybrat

E15 you are totally right, no option either. Like a lot of you I don’t understand yesterdays team and set up, have said elsewhere, maybe he already knows who he wants next season ( Richards / Armstrong) so seeing who else might work? Or wanted to prove to us he has no choice but to have a clear out. Why put Dixon-Bonner on the bench and not give him 30 minutes, that’s the one I really didn’t get.
See u next season guys and keep up the healthy debate.
I'm still with GA on this on 09:07 - May 9 with 1351 viewsdaveB

I'm still with GA on this on 08:24 - May 9 by essextaxiboy

Of course it was a rescue act . His first game was Blackhurn so he had 13 games .
Critchlley was running at 0.5 points per game , With GA it has been 0.84 , the difference over the 13 games being 3 points . So with the facts we have..Ainsworth rescued us from relegation .....but it wasnt pretty or comfortable.

Come on lets not kid ourselves. He had 13 games we were 8 points clear and about to play 2 of the bottom 3 plus Birmingham at home. the brief was steady the ship, lift the atmosphere and get a few wins then rebuild in the summer. What's happened in 10 of those 13 games has been unbelievable, some of the worst performances I've ever seen from a QPR team. We are so lucky to stay up, everyone involved from top to bottom at this club should be absolutely ashamed

I've no idea what the right thing is to do but if they do sack Ainsworth he couldn't really complain about it, forget the style of play the way we've defended, the way the team is set up and our inability to do anything as an attacking unit is terrifying.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:09 - May 9 with 1342 viewsR_from_afar

Gareth needs to be given a proper chance because if we dismiss him now - which will cost us a lot in severance payments - the itch will not have been scratched and at some point in the future when we yet again need a new manager, quite a few fans will say Gareth has not been given a proper go so we should bring him back.

He needs to be given the opportunity to do it his way but a DoF *must* be involved in player recruitment or else we will be back to the early days of this group of owners.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:11 - May 9 with 1334 viewsE15Hoop

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:03 - May 9 by Rangersw12

I was livid so was a bit harsh to be honest so apologies for mocking mate.

I just don't understand why he did that yesterday as it was a perfect opportunity to prove a few people wrong and give us a bit of hope going into the summer.

I was hoping it would be a bit like the Birmingham game a few seasons ago under Ollie where Chair scored his first goal and we could see some green shoots and some optimism going into the summer.

Seemed a massive wasted opportunity for me and we learnt nothing from it

Sounds to me like he was hoping the same, Fella, judging by his post-match interview which definitely sounded like he was throwing a few non-performers under the bus.
I take hope from the fact he was so open, and the fact that both he and RD have given us a few clues about what they're looking for from next season's squad, and the fact that GA has already given a list of targets to LF.
I'm not by any stretch saying the next season is going to "wonderful", but I do believe we will have a clear game plan, identity and that it won't all be "clogging" as keeps coming up.
I know everyone's upset and angry atm, but we have a management team who know what they're looking to do. Of course none of us knows how much backing they'll get to do it, but whatever backing they get it will most likely be the maximum possible under the circumstances we find ourselves in.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:18 - May 9 with 1293 viewsTheChef

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 22:04 - May 8 by LazyFan

Dumping Gaz turns us into Watford, but worse, with no money and no assets, as forgot, no decent manager trusting us to come here, no player will trust us to come here, and the ones here will want out hard.

Gaz has to be given the summer and up to November. Then if it's terrible as some say it will be, we will have to get Colin in, who will probably be available by then. Or Gazball works, and we enjoy the next stage in the rollercoaster!

Well we're always crap in November so yeah let's spin the wheel again then

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:52 - May 9 with 1183 viewsridethewave

If you can see the chef putting the wrong ingredients in etc. then I think more often than not it's a safe assumption that the pudding will be shit!

That team selection yesterday was offensive in my view.
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:59 - May 9 with 1154 viewsMole_Senior

I feel we (the club) are stuck between a rock and hard place, as what we need right now is a steady summer with a manager in place planning for the new season. However, that current manager (IMO) is probably not the right person to be left in charge to oversee the new signings and if we rely on our DOF for this; well, his record doesn't scream success!

If we release GA, it's another payoff and then, like most say, where do we go from here? The reality is, GA will probably be given the summer to rebuild, however based on yesterday's performance I fear he'll be hounded at the door by early October and then we're back to square one!

Whilst I'm a big fan of GA, he really didn't do himself any favours yesterday. In his pre-match interview he spoke about winning every game, regardless of importance and expected the players to play with freedom and composure. We then lined up with a 4-4-2 (AGAIN!!) in a home match trying to stifle the opposition and hit them on the break!

Why not revert back to his 'favoured' 4-3-3 and throw the kitchen sink at Bristol and if you're going to lose, why not do it playing open and expansive football?!
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 10:13 - May 9 with 1104 viewsterryb

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:11 - May 9 by E15Hoop

Sounds to me like he was hoping the same, Fella, judging by his post-match interview which definitely sounded like he was throwing a few non-performers under the bus.
I take hope from the fact he was so open, and the fact that both he and RD have given us a few clues about what they're looking for from next season's squad, and the fact that GA has already given a list of targets to LF.
I'm not by any stretch saying the next season is going to "wonderful", but I do believe we will have a clear game plan, identity and that it won't all be "clogging" as keeps coming up.
I know everyone's upset and angry atm, but we have a management team who know what they're looking to do. Of course none of us knows how much backing they'll get to do it, but whatever backing they get it will most likely be the maximum possible under the circumstances we find ourselves in.

"but we have a management team who know what they're looking to do."

This applies to ALL managers of clubs, whether they are professional clubs or not. It certainly applies to every manager in my lifeline that has started the season as manager of Queens Park Rangers, including Sibley, Mullery, Waddiock, JFH & McLaren!

This is not unique & is definitely not a selling point either!
[Post edited 9 May 2023 10:24]
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 10:14 - May 9 with 1093 viewsdaveB

Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 09:11 - May 9 by E15Hoop

not sure why he is throwing people under the bus, he picked them, none of the performances were a surprise to anyone, they've all been playing like that for ages. What on earth do you learn by throwing Dozzell on for 10 minutes, why not give Dixon-Bonner a run.

I hope your right with your optimism i really do
Please, PLEASE, for the love of God... on 10:33 - May 9 with 1028 viewsBurnleyhoop

Sorry, can’t agree with any of that.

I actually spent the game flicking between watching our lot and Burnley v Cardiff. What stood out a mile is our inability to string more than 3 passes together without conceding possession. This had nothing to do with hoof ball tactics, but more to do with a lack of movement, organisation and desire to find space and work for one another, but also just the basics of just passing the god damn ball.

The work rate and running of an ageing Ashley Barnes, a supposed old dinosaur of the Dyche era, was a joy to behold. Scored on his last ever game game for Burnley and played like a man possessed.

Every Burnley player runs themselves into the ground, not for the sake of it, but to create space for one another in order to get themselves up the pitch and into goal scoring positions, or, to win back possession.

From my point of view, we often kick long because quite frankly, our midfield isn’t worth a shit. No running, no battling, no options, no idea ( Field and Chair the only exceptions)

Ainsworth may not be Pep or Jurgen, but I would defy anyone to get a tune out of this sorry bunch.

Back to basics we need to go and that starts with effort, endeavour and desire. Once that is embedded, add the quality/technique and organisation. The best teams combine both attributes. We have been bereft of both for most of the season and it’s there for all to see. A husk of a team with players that know they are likely to be gone once they have got this last game over with. Ainsworth was hoping for a last spirited battling win…..the players couldn’t get out of the building quick enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024