Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And we never spoke of it again — Preview 21:29 - May 7 with 3803 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60197
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 01:29 - May 8 with 3321 viewsDannyPaddox

It’s like some dark French artistic noir where an emotionless and expressionless bald man is pursued through life by a single town, every time he steps off a train, out of a car, off a bus, every time he wakes up and opens his curtains, there is Preston waiting to greet him, and he just stands there and stares blankly back into that abyss.

A film noir written and directed, no doubt, by Mr. P. Sturges. Mr Preston Sturges.

A fantastic précis of a season where the only trophy we got near was fûcktastrophy!

Mate, you deserve a medal for your writing this season. Or even better you deserve a break.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 09:42 - May 8 with 2812 viewsPaddyhoops

Great summary of our season and the state of the country.
Enjoy your break
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 09:54 - May 8 with 2783 viewsterryb

Enjoy the C&S today Clive. I expect the pre match to be the best part of the day! Thank you to Beth, Simon, Iain & Graham for their company & helping to get me through this season sane(ish).

Thankfully, the bus replacement service today means that I can't stay behind to show my appreciation of the players!
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 09:58 - May 8 with 2779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enjoy a nice cold beer today, my man.
Thanks for everrything.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 10:04 - May 8 with 2760 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great stuff, thanks Clive.

I share your overall feeling. It’s the worst season i can remember in 30-odd years of watching QPR. Even worse than Redknapp in the prem, even worse than our last relegation from this league, because we at least knew the team wasn’t fit for purpose and had been flirting with going down for a few years. And that’s the point: barring one spell under Beale we have been poor for 18 months, 20 if you include 6 weeks or so with Warbs where we were winning while playing quite poorly at the start of that. Irrespective of who we sign, it’s mad to think next season will be anything other than another huge struggle, and i fear the mindset is such that that is what we’re planning for. That might be a good thing, or it might be fatal.

Bare bones.

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 10:55 - May 8 with 2597 viewsGaryBannister86

Clive, I can't thank you enough for the writing and entertainment you supply. It is magnificent and I just hope it never dulls your "enjoyment" of following the Rangers.

My late father loved your writing and I still see it as a connection between us.

This preview is superb and I can't wait for your end of season analysis.

Enjoy today. Maybe even a QPR goal down the Loft end, who knows?
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 10:55 - May 8 with 2596 viewsAndybrat

Cheers Clive, looking forward to my “last supper” with Belchers in the C&S. Great writing again this season, after hearing the Dobbo podcast this week maybe not all doom and gloom. Seemed strange as I felt he was more positive than GA. Not seen a win since Wigan game due to work and hols 7 months ! Today please be the day
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 11:55 - May 8 with 2436 viewsE15Hoop

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 10:04 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

Great stuff, thanks Clive.

I share your overall feeling. It’s the worst season i can remember in 30-odd years of watching QPR. Even worse than Redknapp in the prem, even worse than our last relegation from this league, because we at least knew the team wasn’t fit for purpose and had been flirting with going down for a few years. And that’s the point: barring one spell under Beale we have been poor for 18 months, 20 if you include 6 weeks or so with Warbs where we were winning while playing quite poorly at the start of that. Irrespective of who we sign, it’s mad to think next season will be anything other than another huge struggle, and i fear the mindset is such that that is what we’re planning for. That might be a good thing, or it might be fatal.

At the risk of getting my head chewed off (again), but partly because you've been particularly direct in your rebuff of a few of the comments I've made over the last couple of weeks, Antti, I'm going to come back at you on this one.
Why is it "mad" to think that next season is going to be anything other than a huge struggle? I understand that you've been less than enthusiastic about the performances of late (and I obviously beg to differ with you about that anyway, as you know) but you seem to think it is a given that next season is going to be miserable (which, for you, it sounds like it might well be - self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.)
However, I'm going to suggest an alternative scenario, partly borne out of the fact that we actually have 7 points from our last 3 games and 8 from our last 5 (a fact you have pointedly missed out in your detailed forensic analysis).
I respectfully suggest that its just possible that GA and RD have "cracked the code", have established the beginnings of a new "QPR way" (as all the purists keep banging on about) and will be working in tandem with the board and the DoF to the best blueprint possible under the FFP restrictions to fulfill their vision which (where I will agree with you) will probably not take us as high as certain people on this Forum seem to think we have a pre-ordained birthright to.
Am I suggesting this will be easy? No, but no more of a struggle than the Championship is every season.
Login to get fewer ads

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 12:11 - May 8 with 2389 viewsPhildo

All I can say after that season is thank you for the laughs
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 12:35 - May 8 with 2314 viewsBushRanger82

Indeed, Clive.
Thank God we managed to limp over the line, this time.
I am already awaiting next season with baited breath.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 12:58 - May 8 with 2266 viewscolinallcars

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 12:35 - May 8 by BushRanger82

Indeed, Clive.
Thank God we managed to limp over the line, this time.
I am already awaiting next season with baited breath.

While I wait with breath abated ( Shakespeare).
Anyway, thanks for everything Clive, enjoy your beer today.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 13:48 - May 8 with 2122 viewstonyQPR

Cheers Clive massive respect to you as you could’ve quite easily said Fuch this I’m done. Hope todays game doesn’t spoil a good day out for you 👍👍
Have really enjoyed all your previews and reports, with your musings,ramblings,rantings, and ravings.
You sir are a complete and utter genius in the way you’re able to connect most off us here as one,or a totally raging lunatic lol, but either way sir I doff my cap to you. Enjoy the summer off 🌞🌞🍺🍺🍺🍺👍
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 18:12 - May 8 with 1816 viewsDamo1962

Thanks Clive. You have been a real tonic. This is the worst QPR team I have ever seen...so you have gone above and beyond fella. Please enjoy your summer away from this shit- show we support.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 19:53 - May 8 with 1662 viewsE15Hoop

Everton have just beaten Brighton 5-1 away with 23% possession.

Just thought I'd mention it...
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 20:35 - May 8 with 1582 viewsRangersw12

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 19:53 - May 8 by E15Hoop

Everton have just beaten Brighton 5-1 away with 23% possession.

Just thought I'd mention it...

😂😂😂😂
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 20:43 - May 8 with 1551 viewsRsinWales

Thank you Clive. A brilliant summation of a season, a current predicament and a worrying future.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 20:58 - May 8 with 1493 viewsAntti_Heinola

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 11:55 - May 8 by E15Hoop

At the risk of getting my head chewed off (again), but partly because you've been particularly direct in your rebuff of a few of the comments I've made over the last couple of weeks, Antti, I'm going to come back at you on this one.
Why is it "mad" to think that next season is going to be anything other than a huge struggle? I understand that you've been less than enthusiastic about the performances of late (and I obviously beg to differ with you about that anyway, as you know) but you seem to think it is a given that next season is going to be miserable (which, for you, it sounds like it might well be - self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.)
However, I'm going to suggest an alternative scenario, partly borne out of the fact that we actually have 7 points from our last 3 games and 8 from our last 5 (a fact you have pointedly missed out in your detailed forensic analysis).
I respectfully suggest that its just possible that GA and RD have "cracked the code", have established the beginnings of a new "QPR way" (as all the purists keep banging on about) and will be working in tandem with the board and the DoF to the best blueprint possible under the FFP restrictions to fulfill their vision which (where I will agree with you) will probably not take us as high as certain people on this Forum seem to think we have a pre-ordained birthright to.
Am I suggesting this will be easy? No, but no more of a struggle than the Championship is every season.

I think today’s performance put it better than i ever could.

Why am i so negative, even usually i’m a very positive fan? I look at the evidence in front of me. I thought start of this season we would struggle because we struggled back end of last season and we had a rookie manager. I looked way wrong in october, but ultimately things turned out even worse.

We’ve now had an abysmal season and stayed up through two dug out performances - fair play. But we looked miles off Bristol today, and they are a poor side.

For anyone to turn this around in one summer to make us competitive with very few funds while also having to overhaul the squad, it would be incredible. Hope Gaz can do it, but better managers than him would fail in this situation.

Bare bones.

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 21:46 - May 8 with 1434 viewsPunteR

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 20:58 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

Why am i so negative, even usually i’m a very positive fan? I look at the evidence in front of me. I thought start of this season we would struggle because we struggled back end of last season and we had a rookie manager. I looked way wrong in october, but ultimately things turned out even worse.

We’ve now had an abysmal season and stayed up through two dug out performances - fair play. But we looked miles off Bristol today, and they are a poor side.

For anyone to turn this around in one summer to make us competitive with very few funds while also having to overhaul the squad, it would be incredible. Hope Gaz can do it, but better managers than him would fail in this situation.

Yep. This.

Saying we got 7 points from our last 3 games is completely irrelevant. Look at the season. Look at the players. It's clear. We got 50 points out of a potential 138.. Look at our league position in the end . That's what counts.
We wasnt good enough once again in a pact full house at Loftus Road today. The quality wasn't there or the right attitude.Bad combination.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 21:58]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 22:45 - May 8 with 1344 viewsNorthernr

I’m exactly there with you mate.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 08:50 - May 9 with 1115 viewsE15Hoop

OK. Yesterday wasn't good - agreed on that one. I also thought GA's comments afterwards were interesting, bordering on Critchley-esh. They sounded a bit disingenuous, along the lines of "I always knew they couldn't do it, and they showed why today", so he hasn't been entirely honest with us either now or before (before you would obviously think).
I'm holding on to the fact that he and RD obviously know the league below really well, and the fact that GA has already been very proactive in giving his targets to LF, and how impressive RD is in terms of understanding the value of emotional intelligence and how articulate he is in terms of conveying to the players what they need to do in each game situation.
This level of upheaval is always tough- we know that from previous seasons, but the fact we're likely to have so much new blood in one go, and they won't be burdened by the previous culture might actually help us rather than hinder us.
And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 08:59 - May 9 with 1103 viewsTheChef

And we never spoke of it again — Preview on 08:50 - May 9 by E15Hoop

OK. Yesterday wasn't good - agreed on that one. I also thought GA's comments afterwards were interesting, bordering on Critchley-esh. They sounded a bit disingenuous, along the lines of "I always knew they couldn't do it, and they showed why today", so he hasn't been entirely honest with us either now or before (before you would obviously think).
I'm holding on to the fact that he and RD obviously know the league below really well, and the fact that GA has already been very proactive in giving his targets to LF, and how impressive RD is in terms of understanding the value of emotional intelligence and how articulate he is in terms of conveying to the players what they need to do in each game situation.
This level of upheaval is always tough- we know that from previous seasons, but the fact we're likely to have so much new blood in one go, and they won't be burdened by the previous culture might actually help us rather than hinder us.

Can't blame GA for being disingenuous after that - he's pumped up this bunch of players for weeks now (knowing all along they're not good enough and mentally weak), managed somehow to get the results that kept us up. It's just a shame that yesterday he didn't take the opportunity to give some of the youngsters a go, nobody I think would have minded. Instead it was the usual slop where with any luck half the players who were playing will not be here next season.

Thank you Clive for all your efforts this season, above and beyond. Have a lovely relaxing summer.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024