Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Richards? 17:07 - May 11 with 13729 viewsconnell10

Can anyone help me here?. What exactly has been going on with this player? I just don't get it. We just bought someone who has played hardly any games for us. I'm mystified.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Taylor Richards? on 14:18 - May 12 with 3010 viewsLimehouseR

Well this has escalated...

All I will say is that the man clearly has the talent but something is not quite right.
I cannot get that moment out of my head when he tied his laces in the middle of play going on literally in front of him. One of the most mundane things to do on a football pitch but at almost the most bizarre possible moment. Maybe a sports psychologist can help him...

On a whole this season has only ended up in distancing me even more from the club I used to absolutely love and would go game in game out. I haven't been for years and this season has only increased that sense of disparity between football in general and my rather basic expectations as a supporter. It really angers me that some if not most of those players have been allowed to basically get away with a complete lack of effort for most of this season. It will be glossed over, forgotten about with no consequence for most of them. But actually these days I try to remind myself that there's far more important things in life to be angry with compared to some over paid footballers who play for a club I sort of no longer really support, sadly.

I do however lurk on this site basically for the fantastic articles and opinions of people who are more clued up than I am these days. I truly salute all of you who still go and still support this team.
Taylor Richards? on 14:18 - May 12 with 3007 viewsTheChef

I too appreciate E15's positivity which is a welcome relief from some of the posters who just love to wallow in the doom and gloom. I'm fairly pragmatic about Ainsworth, of course I hope he succeeds and maybe he can create another 'cave' at LR like Holloway did first time round, but if he doesn't, well we'll just move on to another manager like we always do.

So keep fighting the good fight E15 but just remember your audience, and sometimes less is more.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taylor Richards? on 14:28 - May 12 with 2962 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards? on 14:18 - May 12 by TheChef

I too appreciate E15's positivity which is a welcome relief from some of the posters who just love to wallow in the doom and gloom. I'm fairly pragmatic about Ainsworth, of course I hope he succeeds and maybe he can create another 'cave' at LR like Holloway did first time round, but if he doesn't, well we'll just move on to another manager like we always do.

So keep fighting the good fight E15 but just remember your audience, and sometimes less is more.

Thanks, Chef - will do.
You would probably laugh if I told you I used to struggle with the feeling that I was invisible. I guess I know now that's not true (although people do seem to randomly bump into me quite a lot still, and then look through me as If I don't actually exist - probaly just part of London life, I guess!
Taylor Richards? on 23:11 - May 12 with 2746 viewswombat

Taylor Richards? on 14:28 - May 12 by E15Hoop

Thanks, Chef - will do.
You would probably laugh if I told you I used to struggle with the feeling that I was invisible. I guess I know now that's not true (although people do seem to randomly bump into me quite a lot still, and then look through me as If I don't actually exist - probaly just part of London life, I guess!

E15 obviously won’t give names but it’s somebody connected with the club on a day to day basis whos mentioned about his lack of commitment to the cause , hence why in the squad one week dropped from it the next . Boys got skills no doubt but will prob
End up like JET with his career .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Taylor Richards? (n/t) on 23:48 - May 12 with 2698 viewsHooping_Mad

Taylor Richards? (n/t) on 13:07 - May 12 by connell10

You sound like Sherlock Holmes ...
[Post edited 12 May 2023 13:08]

You mean John Holmes?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Taylor Richards? on 02:27 - May 13 with 2595 viewsnumptydumpty

Clearly an extremely talented player

Heard about his friend and am guessing he is a local lad as a QPR fan perhaps and maybe its been difficult if he is surrounded by old friends who perhaps could drag him down

Obviously must have been thought of the next in line of the Eze, Bright, Willock, Chair production line but this last season obviously did not go to plan.

Hopeful without being positive as yet.

Would appear to need to be loaned out this season but not sure that will be possible and again no idea as to the wages this boy is on

I would hope in this day and age the club are progressive enough to have a mental health support network and helping players adjust who may have come from difficult backgrounds etc and if we as a club do not have that we truly need to be much more progressive in this area as its been an underlying epidemic for many since the so called pandemic where everyone was prisoners in their own homes.

But if the lad is struggling with these issues, as a modern day organisation with highly paid staff, it does not cost much to get fully qualified psychologists and therapists om board to help players with such troubles.

Unfortunately a middle aged man performing a haka is not going to cut it with solving such problems and before this gets slammed down by comments, such as the money he is on should be motivation enough, sometimes its a little more complex than that and if there are more modern days ways of solving such troubles to get all different types of players performing for our club and getting playerrs to a happy place can help in some cases considerably

Lets hope the boy can kick on this season and undoubted talent can be realised

There was a massive malaise hanging around our club like a very dark cloud this season and Taylor was just one of many that were badly effected and the culture and perhaps lack of foresight and ability to see how to change this, is what needs to be massively more successful

The one issue I have though even if we get such players such as Taylor firing , is Ainsworth that man to do this. Eberes break through season came at Wycombe but was that more by luck than judgement ie he would have succeeded anywhere.

But yes I would suggest players welfare support was woefully inadequate at the club last season and before this gets jumped on, and said it would not have happened back in the day, sadly there were examples but it was much more hidden, Dave Clement being a prime example

Am obviously sincerely hoping Taylor is not in this position but a much more fully centred approach to players if they struggling personally is an absolute must in all jobs. Even today it rarely happens but with our players being so highly rewarded, surely better support to be provided by clubs so that our players and staff are happy in their lives as a happy employee is always going to be a much more productive member of staff

I hope he can kick on but there must be a more rounded approach by the club in helping in such situations

I personally would consider this is an area that has been severely lacking at our club and oversights here need to be massively improved

Although perhaps there is help and he isn't engaging !!!
[Post edited 13 May 2023 8:35]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Taylor Richards? on 07:13 - May 13 with 2446 viewsNortholt_Rs

Anybody get a bunk up last night?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Taylor Richards? on 08:04 - May 13 with 2331 viewsdistortR

Taylor Richards? on 07:13 - May 13 by Northolt_Rs

No, I tried, but couldn't get the dowels in.

Maybe, the actuality is, Richards is a bit shit. So rather then play and get called out in the manner Kakay and Dozzell have been this week, he's creating an enigma of himself, his most noteworthy action so far, after a full season of wearing the hoops, being tying up his boot laces.
So, in the future, when people say "That Richards was a bit shit, eh? 3 years and 3 appearances, what's that abowwwwwttttttttttttttt", we'll reply, "No, he was....he was...........an enigma"
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Richards? on 08:28 - May 13 with 2276 viewsdmm

Did someone ask for help with an enigma? Hold my coat...

Taylor Richards? on 08:30 - May 13 with 2269 viewsGloucs_R

Why does Ravel Morrison spring to mind??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Taylor Richards? on 08:48 - May 13 with 2237 viewsstevec

Taylor Richards? on 02:27 - May 13 by numptydumpty

Clearly an extremely talented player

Heard about his friend and am guessing he is a local lad as a QPR fan perhaps and maybe its been difficult if he is surrounded by old friends who perhaps could drag him down

Obviously must have been thought of the next in line of the Eze, Bright, Willock, Chair production line but this last season obviously did not go to plan.

Hopeful without being positive as yet.

Would appear to need to be loaned out this season but not sure that will be possible and again no idea as to the wages this boy is on

I would hope in this day and age the club are progressive enough to have a mental health support network and helping players adjust who may have come from difficult backgrounds etc and if we as a club do not have that we truly need to be much more progressive in this area as its been an underlying epidemic for many since the so called pandemic where everyone was prisoners in their own homes.

But if the lad is struggling with these issues, as a modern day organisation with highly paid staff, it does not cost much to get fully qualified psychologists and therapists om board to help players with such troubles.

Unfortunately a middle aged man performing a haka is not going to cut it with solving such problems and before this gets slammed down by comments, such as the money he is on should be motivation enough, sometimes its a little more complex than that and if there are more modern days ways of solving such troubles to get all different types of players performing for our club and getting playerrs to a happy place can help in some cases considerably

Lets hope the boy can kick on this season and undoubted talent can be realised

There was a massive malaise hanging around our club like a very dark cloud this season and Taylor was just one of many that were badly effected and the culture and perhaps lack of foresight and ability to see how to change this, is what needs to be massively more successful

The one issue I have though even if we get such players such as Taylor firing , is Ainsworth that man to do this. Eberes break through season came at Wycombe but was that more by luck than judgement ie he would have succeeded anywhere.

But yes I would suggest players welfare support was woefully inadequate at the club last season and before this gets jumped on, and said it would not have happened back in the day, sadly there were examples but it was much more hidden, Dave Clement being a prime example

Am obviously sincerely hoping Taylor is not in this position but a much more fully centred approach to players if they struggling personally is an absolute must in all jobs. Even today it rarely happens but with our players being so highly rewarded, surely better support to be provided by clubs so that our players and staff are happy in their lives as a happy employee is always going to be a much more productive member of staff

I hope he can kick on but there must be a more rounded approach by the club in helping in such situations

I personally would consider this is an area that has been severely lacking at our club and oversights here need to be massively improved

Although perhaps there is help and he isn't engaging !!!
[Post edited 13 May 2023 8:35]

Or.

Richards could try having a look around at his fellow players, let’s say Sam Field, giving it everything game after game. Jimmy Dunne, Rob Dickie having a shit time of it but getting their heads up and coming back out for more irrespective of how they’re likely to be feeling. Ilias Chair, in tears when it’s going wrong but nevertheless, out there all the time. Kenneth Paal, Dykes.

And then he could perhaps feel a sense of shame at what a self interested waste of space he’s been since he’s turned up and say to himself tonight Matthew, I’m going to stop acting like a cnt and play some football to the best of my ability. And we’ll all give him a round of applause.

Perhaps he feels there’s easier ways to make a living than very occasionally kicking a ball around a park, who knows. But I’m sick to death of pandering to utter bellends whilst the hard workers go relatively unnoticed.

And what happened to ‘the right sort’ ??
Taylor Richards? on 09:44 - May 13 with 2174 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards? on 23:11 - May 12 by wombat

E15 obviously won’t give names but it’s somebody connected with the club on a day to day basis whos mentioned about his lack of commitment to the cause , hence why in the squad one week dropped from it the next . Boys got skills no doubt but will prob
End up like JET with his career .

Thanks, Wombat - that's useful to understand, and SO depressing at the same time.
Let's all hope and pray that someone at the club can eventually get through to him.
Such a tragic waste when someone with genuine natural talent won't harness it and use the gifts they've been given.
Please God, don't let him be another one that we hear stories of later in life where they've circled down into depression and debt..
Taylor Richards? on 10:57 - May 13 with 2035 viewscolinallcars

It creases me when people make him out to be a sort of tortured genius. He's not Beethoven for Christ's sake - he's a footballer currently being paid £ thousands a week for nothing.
Taylor Richards? on 12:06 - May 13 with 1943 viewsw7r

Taylor Richards? on 07:13 - May 13 by Northolt_Rs

😂

No ‘kin chance.

I just wish it would go away.
Taylor Richards? on 13:49 - May 13 with 1813 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards? on 10:57 - May 13 by colinallcars

It creases me when people make him out to be a sort of tortured genius. He's not Beethoven for Christ's sake - he's a footballer currently being paid £ thousands a week for nothing.

Hang on Col - in the context of QPR 2023/24, he is a sort of tortured genius, isn't he?
OK, his "demons" if you like have been brought on himself, it seems, but think of the long litany of footballers that we all revere and you'll find its true of so many of them: George Best, our own Stanley, God Bless Him, to name but two that easily come to mind.
I'm not by any stretch of the imagination suggesting that Taylor Richards should be named alongside these legends, but the similarities are these: He's an asset that the club has spent a significant proportion of the current available transfer budget on, who clearly has significant talent, on whom a lot of future hopes have been pinned, but is a "wayward child" who needs help sorting out his direction before that talent goes to waste and he self-destructs.
His canvas is the football stadium on which, we hope, he will be able to learn how to handle his artistry long enough to paint a footballing masterpiece.
Isn't that what we all pay to watch? Isn't that what the purists in particular amongst the posters on our Forum, and amongst the fanbase in general are crying out to see?
If you think that's "nothing", then why do you watch football in the first place - and in particular endure season after season of disappointment watching a struggling side like ours?
Taylor Richards? on 14:11 - May 13 with 1745 viewsSK_hoops

Taylor Richards? on 13:49 - May 13 by E15Hoop

Hang on Col - in the context of QPR 2023/24, he is a sort of tortured genius, isn't he?
OK, his "demons" if you like have been brought on himself, it seems, but think of the long litany of footballers that we all revere and you'll find its true of so many of them: George Best, our own Stanley, God Bless Him, to name but two that easily come to mind.
I'm not by any stretch of the imagination suggesting that Taylor Richards should be named alongside these legends, but the similarities are these: He's an asset that the club has spent a significant proportion of the current available transfer budget on, who clearly has significant talent, on whom a lot of future hopes have been pinned, but is a "wayward child" who needs help sorting out his direction before that talent goes to waste and he self-destructs.
His canvas is the football stadium on which, we hope, he will be able to learn how to handle his artistry long enough to paint a footballing masterpiece.
Isn't that what we all pay to watch? Isn't that what the purists in particular amongst the posters on our Forum, and amongst the fanbase in general are crying out to see?
If you think that's "nothing", then why do you watch football in the first place - and in particular endure season after season of disappointment watching a struggling side like ours?

I guess the main difference being that those players actually played matches.
Taylor Richards? on 14:13 - May 13 with 1733 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards? on 14:11 - May 13 by SK_hoops

I guess the main difference being that those players actually played matches.

Look back at his Wiki entry and at what Jordan and Wombat have said about him.
Clearly the club share the same point of view, or else he wouldn't be here on what is effectively a 4-year deal, would he?
Taylor Richards? on 14:43 - May 13 with 1634 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Well I guess we have a few years to find out if it's good or bad.

I'm always optimistic.

Ask me again in 12 months!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Taylor Richards? on 14:52 - May 13 with 1615 viewsterryb

Taylor Richards? on 14:13 - May 13 by E15Hoop

Clearly the club share the same point of view, or else he wouldn't be here on what is effectively a 4-year deal, would he?

Don't forget he is a Beale signing.*

We have no idea whether any of our management wanted him to be here next season, but they had no choice in the matter.

Perhaps trying to be relegated was the club trying to get out of the deal!

*Where did I get Laird from. He was never our manager!
[Post edited 13 May 2023 14:57]
Taylor Richards? on 15:05 - May 13 with 1577 viewsdistortR

Taylor Richards? on 14:52 - May 13 by terryb

We have no idea whether any of our management wanted him to be here next season, but they had no choice in the matter.

Or a Ferdinand signing? as Gloucester reminded us, very similar to Morrison in a way, albeit the latter did play a bit.
Taylor Richards? on 15:05 - May 13 with 1574 viewscolinallcars

Taylor Richards? on 14:13 - May 13 by E15Hoop

A bit like the other trailblazing, football sensations that our “experts” have signed, on between two and four year contracts ?
Taylor Richards? on 15:06 - May 13 with 1574 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards? on 14:52 - May 13 by terryb

GA has said glowing things about his talent, Terry, and RD was at great pains to point out on the recent Open All R's podcast that he is a footballing purist at heart and a big admirer of Man City and the quality of their development programme (which Taylor Richards is a product of). Its safe to assume I think that they are very keen for him to get his head straight and be heavily involved in whatever the new squad shape looks like.
All of which, of course, makes it that much more frustrating that he's behaing like a twot atm.
Taylor Richards? on 15:26 - May 13 with 1531 viewsterryb

Taylor Richards? on 15:06 - May 13 by E15Hoop

GA has said glowing things about his talent, Terry, and RD was at great pains to point out on the recent Open All R's podcast that he is a footballing purist at heart and a big admirer of Man City and the quality of their development programme (which Taylor Richards is a product of). Its safe to assume I think that they are very keen for him to get his head straight and be heavily involved in whatever the new squad shape looks like.
All of which, of course, makes it that much more frustrating that he's behaing like a twot atm.

As they knew that he would be a Rangers player, I don't think there would have been a chance of them saying anything apart from waxing lyrical about him!

It probably comes down to whether you believe anything that managers say in press conferences/interviews or not. Personally, I expect that all you will hear is a minimal amount of honesty. That applies to all football managers & is not aimed at ours.

I can't recall the last time I listened to any manager speak pre or post match!
Taylor Richards? on 15:42 - May 13 with 1488 viewsE15Hoop

Taylor Richards? on 15:26 - May 13 by terryb

As they knew that he would be a Rangers player, I don't think there would have been a chance of them saying anything apart from waxing lyrical about him!

It probably comes down to whether you believe anything that managers say in press conferences/interviews or not. Personally, I expect that all you will hear is a minimal amount of honesty. That applies to all football managers & is not aimed at ours.

I can't recall the last time I listened to any manager speak pre or post match!

Fair enough!
I think over time you begin to decipher patterns of communication with managers, and understand what's truth and what's not.
Some, like Ollie, were always so obviously heart on sleeve that you'd actually want to shut him up before he was indiscreet about something he shouldn't have been.
Mourinho is probably at the other end of the extreme, where it's blatantly obvious that even he himself doesn't believe the majority of what he's saying, but is playing a character for dramatic effect.

I haven't personally quite worked out where GA is yet on this scale. If I read his body language, it always seems to be consistent with what he's saying, Contrast that with Neil Critchley's first interview as QPR boss, where he was saying "yes" at one point and shaking his head at the same time. That's a clear sign of what the body language experts call "leakage", and revesals that he's obviously conflicted and forcing himself to publicly adopt a stance.

(Interestingly, Mourinho is excellent at not exhibiting leakage, apart from if you happen to be clever enough to ask him a challenging question quickly enough to catch him out!)

Specifically on Richards, I think they genuinely are invested in making it work. That would fit with the work that GA and RD did with Ebere Eze, Jordon Ibe and Anis Mehmeti amongst others at Wycombe.

Of course there are only so many hours in a day, and he may not be the only "problem child" that needs help, so the story on him looks quite open-ended atm, you would have to say.
Taylor Richards? on 19:28 - May 13 with 1283 viewsVancouverHoop

I haven't personally quite worked out where GA is yet on this scale. If I read his body language, it always seems to be consistent with what he's saying,

He's a non-analytical positivist. The future is always going to be better, much better, than the present. It'll be sunshine, lollipops and roses... maybe not tomorrow, but sooner rather than later. He's not quite Ted Lasso but certainly in that direction. The thinker is Dobson. His feet are on the ground, he's articulate and seems detail oriented.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024