Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Smyth...... 10:36 - Jun 22 with 42652 viewsDoudou87

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-interested-in-bringing-back-former

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Paul Smyth...... on 17:56 - Jul 20 with 2953 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paul Smyth...... on 17:06 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

Since my name has been pulled back into this discussion, I might as well come back on it directly.
Have a look at how he performed last season at Orient - some superb goals, plenty of evidence on YouTube, and some has already been posted earlier in this thread already.
He was bright on Staurday against Steyr and put in plenty of telling crosses which should have been converted.
Was unlucky to have been let go by us in the first place, and has been brought in to add pace and quality. having cost us the sum total of f*ck all, I can't really see how there's anything to moan about here - unless you're determined to moan come what may, that is.
And if you're focussing on past injuries, than by that same random logic, Man United should never have signed van Nistelrooy, given that he did his ACL when they were trying to sign him first time, and that turned out REALLY sh*t, didn't it?!

All fair comments. Can't comment on last Saturday's game as I haven't seen it, but fair enough otherwise. I didn't really rate him as highly as others during his first stint but I'm not moaning about the signing, or haven't moaned.

Just thought down-voting a question by PunteR was a bit harsh, especially when you had a legitimate set of answers for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Smyth...... on 18:11 - Jul 20 with 2834 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 17:56 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

All fair comments. Can't comment on last Saturday's game as I haven't seen it, but fair enough otherwise. I didn't really rate him as highly as others during his first stint but I'm not moaning about the signing, or haven't moaned.

Just thought down-voting a question by PunteR was a bit harsh, especially when you had a legitimate set of answers for him.

Sorry, Brian.
You've got caught in the crossfire of a heated discussion a couple of weeks ago between me and PunteR that ended up with him making a couple of really personal remarks that I took some exception to.
I think he has ended up getting flak indirectly for that, rather than for the quality of the question itself, as there is the sense, referred to in passing by Monkey Roots, that this isn't about this discussion per se but a hangover from previous comments made.
Shame really, but there you go.
Paul Smyth...... on 19:22 - Jul 20 with 2659 viewsPunteR

Paul Smyth...... on 18:11 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

Sorry, Brian.
You've got caught in the crossfire of a heated discussion a couple of weeks ago between me and PunteR that ended up with him making a couple of really personal remarks that I took some exception to.
I think he has ended up getting flak indirectly for that, rather than for the quality of the question itself, as there is the sense, referred to in passing by Monkey Roots, that this isn't about this discussion per se but a hangover from previous comments made.

Have i ?.. I better go back and read this thread..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paul Smyth...... on 19:47 - Jul 20 with 2574 viewsPunteR

Paul Smyth...... on 18:11 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

Sorry, Brian.

The thing is E15 I've been on this message board for about 17 years now and been through the various stages of QPR's highs and lows and debated on here ad infinitum. Ive gone through a happy clapper stage where i constantly posted positive things about the club much like yourself and im now at my cynical old barsteward phase because QPR can do that too you.
Apologies for personally offending you, but ive got just as much right offering my weary QPR insights and opinions to your sprightly happy go lucky approach to the club.
Going back to Paul Smyth and i still feel its not a forward step by the club but as weve now had to reel everything back and start again maybe Smyth is not a bad shout if he's free. My questions were legit and i do think he's another injury prone player but we'll see.
My beans on toast are going cold now.

Paul Smyth...... on 20:13 - Jul 20 with 2494 viewsVancouverHoop

62 appearances in his last two seasons (38 of them in Orient's promotion run) suggests he might have got past being injury prone.
Paul Smyth...... on 22:00 - Jul 20 with 2394 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 19:47 - Jul 20 by PunteR

The thing is E15 I've been on this message board for about 17 years now and been through the various stages of QPR's highs and lows and debated on here ad infinitum. Ive gone through a happy clapper stage where i constantly posted positive things about the club much like yourself and im now at my cynical old barsteward phase because QPR can do that too you.
Apologies for personally offending you, but ive got just as much right offering my weary QPR insights and opinions to your sprightly happy go lucky approach to the club.
Going back to Paul Smyth and i still feel its not a forward step by the club but as weve now had to reel everything back and start again maybe Smyth is not a bad shout if he's free. My questions were legit and i do think he's another injury prone player but we'll see.
My beans on toast are going cold now.

Thanks for your apology, Fella, much appreciated.
i don't think anyone is trying to deny you your opinion, I think (at least I hope) that everyone is prepared to hear everyone else out, and argue their case using objective evidence to back their individual arguments up.
As you know, I believe i have genuine evidence that this season will play out much more favourable than many fear, whilst at the same time I concur that we may well have to be content with the welcoming arms and comforting chest of 16th place.
Paul Smyth...... on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 2325 viewsBoston

Look, he can get a shot on target - that'll do for me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paul Smyth...... on 22:25 - Jul 20 with 2305 viewsLoyalitat

Paul Smyth...... on 22:00 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

Thanks for your apology, Fella, much appreciated.
i don't think anyone is trying to deny you your opinion, I think (at least I hope) that everyone is prepared to hear everyone else out, and argue their case using objective evidence to back their individual arguments up.
As you know, I believe i have genuine evidence that this season will play out much more favourable than many fear, whilst at the same time I concur that we may well have to be content with the welcoming arms and comforting chest of 16th place.

Sorry, nobody has "genuine evidence" of how next or any season will transpire. We're not soothsayers. You may believe that Ainsworth and Dobbo are the dream ticket. At Championship level, the jury is still out on their ability to keep a team in this division when at the helm from the start of the season..

Based on their previous failed attempt at this level, I believe otherwise. They only needed 44 points to stay in this league, which is low. I suspect that they'll need to pick up more than 43 points next season to ensure that we maintain our championship status.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 0:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Smyth...... on 23:14 - Jul 20 with 2215 viewsslmrstid

Paul Smyth...... on 22:25 - Jul 20 by Loyalitat

Sorry, nobody has "genuine evidence" of how next or any season will transpire. We're not soothsayers. You may believe that Ainsworth and Dobbo are the dream ticket. At Championship level, the jury is still out on their ability to keep a team in this division when at the helm from the start of the season..

Based on their previous failed attempt at this level, I believe otherwise. They only needed 44 points to stay in this league, which is low. I suspect that they'll need to pick up more than 43 points next season to ensure that we maintain our championship status.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 0:25]

I think having doubts about whether Ainsworth and Dobson can do the job we need them to do is fair, but I think calling their attempt to keep Wycombe up as failure is really harsh. They are a tiny club, smaller even than the likes of Blackpool and Rotherham, it was always going to be monumentally difficult and they did well to go as close as they did.

I see them as a similar size club to Yeovil and Scunthorpe. Yeovil had one year in this league and went down, Scunthorpe managed to stay up once but had two other relegations from this league. And look at where both clubs are now since their second tier forays! Doncaster probably similar, had a few good years whilst John Ryan was still bankrolling them above their natural level, and since that ran out they've been nowhere near returning.
Paul Smyth...... on 00:36 - Jul 21 with 2092 viewsMonkey_Roots

Paul Smyth...... on 16:56 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

Somewhat harsh, I would respectfully suggest.
Nice to see that people are prepared to be objective and look at the evidence on its own merits, rather than be coloured by who they see posting various items.
I thought we'd cleared this up before, MR, but obviously not..

It was just a joke, honestly.
Paul Smyth...... on 00:40 - Jul 21 with 2087 viewsLoyalitat

Paul Smyth...... on 23:14 - Jul 20 by slmrstid

I think having doubts about whether Ainsworth and Dobson can do the job we need them to do is fair, but I think calling their attempt to keep Wycombe up as failure is really harsh. They are a tiny club, smaller even than the likes of Blackpool and Rotherham, it was always going to be monumentally difficult and they did well to go as close as they did.

I see them as a similar size club to Yeovil and Scunthorpe. Yeovil had one year in this league and went down, Scunthorpe managed to stay up once but had two other relegations from this league. And look at where both clubs are now since their second tier forays! Doncaster probably similar, had a few good years whilst John Ryan was still bankrolling them above their natural level, and since that ran out they've been nowhere near returning.

Point taken, but Burton Albion: smaller still, managed by Nigel Clough, stayed in the championship for two seasons. They stayed up in the first season after having picked up an impressive 52 points.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 7:47]
Paul Smyth...... on 01:01 - Jul 21 with 2047 viewsFDC

An honestly insane thread
Paul Smyth...... on 02:07 - Jul 21 with 1992 viewsSydneyRs

Think they lost their first 7 games and still nearly survived, a decent effort. Only Derby getting away with cheating that year stopped them surviving.
Paul Smyth...... on 05:34 - Jul 21 with 1883 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 00:36 - Jul 21 by Monkey_Roots

It was just a joke, honestly.

I generally don't have too much of an issue laughing at myself, but I'm afraid the humour in that particular joke completely bypassed me.
I thought you and I had reached an agreement that we would treat each other's comments (and everyone else's, for that matter) with respect and put our own viewpoints across accordingly.
Paul Smyth...... on 05:49 - Jul 21 with 1861 viewsE15Hoop

Exactly. And I would suggest that most people who listened to what Richard Dobson had to say on the Open All R's podcast, as well as to the testimonials from players such as Kadeem Harris, Jordon Ibe, Max Kretschmar and Matt Phillips, and most obviously, Ebere Eze would be reassured that we have a management team in place that will:

(a,) Look at the playing staff we have available to us and take time and care to implement a practical and realistic way of playing that enables them to make best use of their individual talents.
(b.) Create a healthy team ethos where each player feels valued and that they have something to contribute.
(c.) Be alive to any "issues" and take proactive steps to deal with them directly before they fester,
You may say that we should take these things for granted, but I think its pretty obvious that previous management incumbents have not always taken the same level of care over these core issues that Ainsworth and Dobson will.
Paul Smyth...... on 07:10 - Jul 21 with 1740 viewsNorthernr

Paul Smyth...... on 01:01 - Jul 21 by FDC

An honestly insane thread

And there's still our interview with Gareth to come later today
Paul Smyth...... on 07:36 - Jul 21 with 1658 viewsMonkey_Roots

Paul Smyth...... on 05:34 - Jul 21 by E15Hoop

I generally don't have too much of an issue laughing at myself, but I'm afraid the humour in that particular joke completely bypassed me.
I thought you and I had reached an agreement that we would treat each other's comments (and everyone else's, for that matter) with respect and put our own viewpoints across accordingly.

Blimey
Paul Smyth...... on 07:39 - Jul 21 with 1648 viewsdistortR

Paul Smyth...... on 05:34 - Jul 21 by E15Hoop

It's nothing without a contract.
Being a friend of Westy's I thought you'd understand that
Paul Smyth...... on 08:18 - Jul 21 with 1599 viewsMonkey_Roots

E15:
Sheila…

Sheila:
Yes dear?

E15:
Sheila, love, can you file this away, it’s the punter file - stick it in the open review section. Whilst he hasn’t provided the empirical evidence required to satisfy my summary judgment, he has apologised. Put a note on it to review in 6 months.

Sheila:
Yes dear.

E15:
Oh and Sheila, can you fetch the Monkey Roots file - it’s in the ‘case closed’ section. Unfortunately, it seems our simian friend has gone against the June agreement, by making a careless and frankly unfunny joke at the expense of yours truly - this brings into effect ‘article 6’ and, as a result, will have to endure another lesson from me on ‘debating etiquette and forums act, 2008’. That will learn him eh love?

Sheila:
I want out of this marriage.
Paul Smyth...... on 08:26 - Jul 21 with 1577 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 08:18 - Jul 21 by Monkey_Roots

E15:
Sheila…

Sheila:
Yes dear?

E15:
Sheila, love, can you file this away, it’s the punter file - stick it in the open review section. Whilst he hasn’t provided the empirical evidence required to satisfy my summary judgment, he has apologised. Put a note on it to review in 6 months.

Sheila:
Yes dear.

E15:
Oh and Sheila, can you fetch the Monkey Roots file - it’s in the ‘case closed’ section. Unfortunately, it seems our simian friend has gone against the June agreement, by making a careless and frankly unfunny joke at the expense of yours truly - this brings into effect ‘article 6’ and, as a result, will have to endure another lesson from me on ‘debating etiquette and forums act, 2008’. That will learn him eh love?

Sheila:

To be fair, that wa funnier than the previous joke.
Paul Smyth...... on 08:41 - Jul 21 with 1515 viewsslmrstid

Paul Smyth...... on 00:40 - Jul 21 by Loyalitat

Point taken, but Burton Albion: smaller still, managed by Nigel Clough, stayed in the championship for two seasons. They stayed up in the first season after having picked up an impressive 52 points.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 7:47]

I'd forgotten about Burton Albion - agreed - another tiny club. They did well to stay up once but then went down and have been nowhere near since. Just shows how difficult it is for clubs of that size to stick around. I still wouldn't call any of those managerial jobs failures for relegations.
Paul Smyth...... on 09:35 - Jul 21 with 1368 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Paul Smyth...... on 08:41 - Jul 21 by slmrstid

I'd forgotten about Burton Albion - agreed - another tiny club. They did well to stay up once but then went down and have been nowhere near since. Just shows how difficult it is for clubs of that size to stick around. I still wouldn't call any of those managerial jobs failures for relegations.

Yeovil too. It's one of the worries about this season - the Championship does appear to be full of big clubs. Even the newly promoted sides like Plymouth, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday are bigger clubs than us (Plymouth in terms of their fan base and potential rather than achievements). I suppose Rotherham would be the smallest but they seem very well run.
Paul Smyth...... on 12:04 - Jul 21 with 1226 viewsMonkey_Roots

Paul Smyth...... on 08:26 - Jul 21 by E15Hoop

To be fair, that wa funnier than the previous joke.

Case dismissed with prejudice?

Let's draw another line under it, and I'll promise to behave.
Paul Smyth...... on 12:22 - Jul 21 with 1153 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 12:04 - Jul 21 by Monkey_Roots

Case dismissed with prejudice?

Let's draw another line under it, and I'll promise to behave.

You have a deal
Paul Smyth...... on 13:29 - Jul 21 with 1028 viewsPunteR

Paul Smyth...... on 08:18 - Jul 21 by Monkey_Roots

E15:
Sheila…

Sheila:
Yes dear?

E15:

Sheila:
Yes dear.

E15:

Sheila:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024