Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR medicals 00:49 - Jul 14 with 3763 viewsTomS

With Begovic currently undergoing a medical per WSL, it got me thinking. Does anyone recall any player who has failed a medical at Loftus Road resulting in us not completing the deal? It sometimes feels like having a chequered medical history is a prerequisite before we consider signing a player!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 1:37]
QPR medicals on 01:01 - Jul 14 with 3723 viewsBoston

Bloody good question, Tommy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR medicals on 05:53 - Jul 14 with 3602 viewsbosh67

I think players have failed medicals many times and it feels like we’ve taken a view?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 5:55]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR medicals on 07:54 - Jul 14 with 3464 viewscolinallcars

Ainsworth “ so he's not fully fit, Bones ? “
Bones “ it's worse than that, he's dead Jim “
QPR medicals on 07:59 - Jul 14 with 3451 viewsDWQPR

QPR medicals on 07:54 - Jul 14 by colinallcars

Ainsworth “ so he's not fully fit, Bones ? “
Bones “ it's worse than that, he's dead Jim “

......Ainsworth, “let’s take a chance anyway”.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR medicals on 08:05 - Jul 14 with 3427 viewsAntti_Heinola

Heh heh… I wonder… heh heh… do these medicals actually bother to check signings are able to pump blood adequately around their bodies? Because, heh heh, they didn’t seem to check last season. Or maybe the machine was broken?
Hello?
Is this thing on?
Hello?
I’m implying some of our recent signings were lacking in heart. Hello?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 8:06]

Bare bones.

QPR medicals on 08:17 - Jul 14 with 3376 viewscaliforniahoop

A friend of mine works at the place where the Medicals took place and I would say that number is quite high, either through failed Medicals or, players eventually going elsewhere.

Many a time she would say this guy or that guy is having a medical and nothing was ever heard about said individual again, she knew nothing about football and often tried describing them, hilarious.
QPR medicals on 08:17 - Jul 14 with 3376 viewsblacky200

We do seem to pick up more than our fair share of crocks but didn't Charlie Austin fail a medical at another club before joing us? So I guess sometimes its worth a risk.
QPR medicals on 08:20 - Jul 14 with 3362 viewsdaveB

QPR medicals on 08:17 - Jul 14 by blacky200

We do seem to pick up more than our fair share of crocks but didn't Charlie Austin fail a medical at another club before joing us? So I guess sometimes its worth a risk.

Yeah he failed a medical at Hull so signed for us
Login to get fewer ads

QPR medicals on 08:24 - Jul 14 with 3352 viewsToast_R

Two players that it would seem inconceivable that they would pass a medical

a) Richard Ord

b) Keiron Dyer

On the other side of the coin - Didn't we sign Martn Rowlands with a broken leg?
QPR medicals on 08:40 - Jul 14 with 3302 viewsOakR

I wonder if medicals now are pass or fail, or more nuanced i.e 10% of x injury based on data, likely to miss 5 games due to required rest periods etc - up to you if you want to risk it, and we tend to say, let's risk it where others might not.

I don't mind taking a risk on a percentage of the squad, if that means signing quality players otherwise out of our reach, who we might get lucky with and might not - a calculated risk as such. We can't however load the squad with these players.

Poll: Will we stay up?

QPR medicals on 08:52 - Jul 14 with 3248 viewscpgerber

QPR medicals on 08:40 - Jul 14 by OakR

I wonder if medicals now are pass or fail, or more nuanced i.e 10% of x injury based on data, likely to miss 5 games due to required rest periods etc - up to you if you want to risk it, and we tend to say, let's risk it where others might not.

I don't mind taking a risk on a percentage of the squad, if that means signing quality players otherwise out of our reach, who we might get lucky with and might not - a calculated risk as such. We can't however load the squad with these players.

I would assume medicals cover more than just "being able to play right now" (heart conditions, eg?) and also perhaps a requirement to get insurance on the player?
QPR medicals on 08:56 - Jul 14 with 3219 viewsenfieldargh

QPR medicals on 08:24 - Jul 14 by Toast_R

a) Richard Ord

b) Keiron Dyer

On the other side of the coin - Didn't we sign Martn Rowlands with a broken leg?

May have been however I remeber Mark Hately arriving on crutches!!!

He was no faster without them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR medicals on 09:10 - Jul 14 with 3173 viewsOakR

Assume insurance would definitely be a concern, and factored into contract, and perhaps higher up the list if a long contract and transfer fee vs 1 year contract and free transfer.

I have no idea really of course!

Poll: Will we stay up?

QPR medicals on 09:33 - Jul 14 with 3080 viewsCamberleyR

QPR medicals on 08:24 - Jul 14 by Toast_R

a) Richard Ord

b) Keiron Dyer

"On the other side of the coin - Didn't we sign Martn Rowlands with a broken leg?"

Hateley as well. Who can forget that unveiling at LR hobbling onto the field on crutches.

Edit: Just seen Enfield beat me to it.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 9:34]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR medicals on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 2975 viewsArcticHoop

Ned Zelic played on handful of games because pitches in UK were too hard to his legs or something like that.
QPR medicals on 10:28 - Jul 14 with 2876 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR medicals on 10:03 - Jul 14 by ArcticHoop

Ned Zelic played on handful of games because pitches in UK were too hard to his legs or something like that.

The whole Zelic thing was so bizarre. Went on to have a brilliant career, he should have been an excellent signing.
Wasn't all that knees stuff a load of rubbish, and more about he expected us to be like Arsenal, and arrived to find out we were a tiny club in west London?

Bare bones.

QPR medicals on 10:29 - Jul 14 with 2875 viewsloftboy

We signed Sturridge without a medical.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR medicals on 12:44 - Jul 14 with 2666 viewsbosh67

QPR medicals on 10:29 - Jul 14 by loftboy

We signed Sturridge without a medical.

I think Sturridge once came on as a sub and was subbed 90 seconds later after crocking himself again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR medicals on 13:00 - Jul 14 with 2587 viewstkqpr

I see your Mark Hateley and i raise you with Sandro.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 13:01]
QPR medicals on 13:24 - Jul 14 with 2488 viewsDannyPaddox

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr. Head of the QPR medical team. Also a pioneer in the field of fast-track organ and limb commerce.
QPR medicals on 18:04 - Jul 14 with 2236 viewsdmm

QPR medicals on 12:44 - Jul 14 by bosh67

I think Sturridge once came on as a sub and was subbed 90 seconds later after crocking himself again.

Didn't Keiron Dyer do precisely the same thing?
QPR medicals on 18:08 - Jul 14 with 2224 viewsterryb

QPR medicals on 18:04 - Jul 14 by dmm

Didn't Keiron Dyer do precisely the same thing?

Don't forget that Chris Willock did the same last season!

I thought Dyer started the match & was injured in the first minute. I'm assuming it was at home to Bolton in the first match of the 2011-12 season.
QPR medicals on 18:29 - Jul 14 with 2156 viewsdmm

QPR medicals on 18:08 - Jul 14 by terryb

I thought Dyer started the match & was injured in the first minute. I'm assuming it was at home to Bolton in the first match of the 2011-12 season.

You're probably right, Terry. You've got a much better memory than I have.
QPR medicals on 18:30 - Jul 14 with 2154 viewsDorse

QPR medicals on 13:24 - Jul 14 by DannyPaddox

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr. Head of the QPR medical team. Also a pioneer in the field of fast-track organ and limb commerce.

With his wife Anne Uumellmahaye?

(Loved that movie D. 'Into the mud, scum queen!')

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR medicals on 22:57 - Jul 14 with 1986 viewsLazyFan

QPR medicals on 18:08 - Jul 14 by terryb

JCS already achieved that this season and in our first friendly.
That says it all.

Matty Rose Award favourite.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024