Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Colback! 11:08 - Jul 31 with 28242 viewsDoudou87

Apparently GA's top target, close to agreeing terms!

Opinions.....?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-to-sign-midfielder-colback

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Jack Colback! on 11:12 - Jul 31 with 8064 viewsNorthernr

Pffff. I mean... The midfield's absolutely pathetic isn't it, Sam Field against the world. Plus all the usual stuff about lack of voice, leadership. 33 years old, left footed (to go with the two we've already got), can't move about, but yeh why not, stick him on the pyre with the rest.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jack Colback! on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 8017 viewsDaBurgh

......... Are like @rseholes, as my grand pappy use to say, everyone's got one and they all stink.
Jack Colback! on 11:15 - Jul 31 with 7998 viewsRs_Holy

... he will probably end up signing for Reading :(
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 11:16]
Jack Colback! on 11:16 - Jul 31 with 7991 viewsNed_Kennedys

He’s 33 but apart from that he ticks a lot of boxes compared to what we currently have in the centre (Field excepted)
Jack Colback! on 11:18 - Jul 31 with 7939 viewssparkey

I mean...better than Dozzell, but signing a 33 yo just shows how far we've fallen in 2 years.
Jack Colback! on 11:21 - Jul 31 with 7897 viewsSonofpugwash

"Press three for Colback....there may be a charge for this..."

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jack Colback! on 11:21 - Jul 31 with 7888 viewsBAWHoops

Have always liked him at this level. If it's a 12 month deal then fine (with option of an extension. Any more and it's alarm bells.

Needs must to get through the season I suppose

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Jack Colback! on 11:25 - Jul 31 with 7822 viewsHayesender

Still doesn't sort out the defence. I'm now getting seriously concerned about Saturday đŸ˜¬

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Colback! on 11:25 - Jul 31 with 7822 viewsRangersw12

I can see why LF left now đŸ˜‚
Jack Colback! on 11:31 - Jul 31 with 7739 viewsTK1

We've gone straight to the John Gregory period of this current mirror of the Gary Waddock-era and I think that's sensible.

As much as I didn't want to watch Adam Bolder or Danny Cullip playing in the hoops, we needed them then and I think this season we will need them too from the start. We also need a warhorse CB and preferably a Prem loan CF - but I bet it's a Chris Martin type (if not the actual Chris Martin). Squeaky bum time for all the players out of contract these coming weeks so there will be options now doubt. Praying too for a right back, but let's not be greedy.
Jack Colback! on 11:33 - Jul 31 with 7698 viewsDavieQPR

Another 'top target'. Reviewing his options means no one else offered him anything.
Jack Colback! on 11:35 - Jul 31 with 7679 viewsNorthernr

Jack Colback! on 11:31 - Jul 31 by TK1

We've gone straight to the John Gregory period of this current mirror of the Gary Waddock-era and I think that's sensible.

As much as I didn't want to watch Adam Bolder or Danny Cullip playing in the hoops, we needed them then and I think this season we will need them too from the start. We also need a warhorse CB and preferably a Prem loan CF - but I bet it's a Chris Martin type (if not the actual Chris Martin). Squeaky bum time for all the players out of contract these coming weeks so there will be options now doubt. Praying too for a right back, but let's not be greedy.

The other thing is, you don't want all the stop gaps you're trying to use to get through this year to be on two, three year contracts, weighing us down when in theory (if we can indeed comply with it this season, which is going to be tough) there will be a bit more fpp headroom in future seasons. So if you're only offering one year deals, on limited wages, you attract a certain type of player.
Jack Colback! on 11:49 - Jul 31 with 7501 viewsTK1

Jack Colback! on 11:35 - Jul 31 by Northernr

The other thing is, you don't want all the stop gaps you're trying to use to get through this year to be on two, three year contracts, weighing us down when in theory (if we can indeed comply with it this season, which is going to be tough) there will be a bit more fpp headroom in future seasons. So if you're only offering one year deals, on limited wages, you attract a certain type of player.

Totally agree. Good job we sorted the DOF nice and early isn't it? First thing they should've done is bring Steve Gallen in (my preference but other candidates are possible, of course), before the sports science dude and all that. Someone with whom the buck stops after the coach fails. It's so obvious.

Also so very very QPR 2023 that they've paid off immobile, shot Stefan Johansen to make way for the very possibly immobile, shot Jack Colback. Colback is nearly TWO years older than Johansen. Only other difference between them is managerial preference for a destroyer over a creator. But we're not signing the 2016 version of either player.

Massive gamble from Ainsworth. It's a signing that has to work. The risk for both him and club is enormous.
Jack Colback! on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 7463 viewsHAYESBOY

Horribly little sh!t in the middle of the park. Exactly what we need.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jack Colback! on 11:54 - Jul 31 with 7428 viewsaston_hoop

We need bodies in midfield and he has a body

Thats the positives covered anyway.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jack Colback! on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 7314 viewsdmm

Okay, I'll do it...

Can he play at CB?
Jack Colback! on 12:11 - Jul 31 with 7220 viewsDubaiR

Really?

JoJo was about that age.

People moan we have no experience or leaders, sign one and now it's his age that is the issue!
Jack Colback! on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 7142 viewsBklynRanger

Dozzell... Colback..... Dozzell..... Colback.....

Ok get Colback in. For gods sake.

Won't happen anyway the way things have been going
Jack Colback! on 12:20 - Jul 31 with 7096 viewspaulparker

Jack Colback! on 11:25 - Jul 31 by Rangersw12

I can see why LF left now đŸ˜‚

The same LF who signed Dozzell for nearly a million

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jack Colback! on 12:30 - Jul 31 with 7023 viewsTK1

Jack Colback! on 12:11 - Jul 31 by DubaiR

Really?

JoJo was about that age.

People moan we have no experience or leaders, sign one and now it's his age that is the issue!

He's nearly two years older than Stefan Jonasen is NOW. SJ is 32. Colback is 34 in October. SJ signed for us the month of his 30th birthday.

It could be fine. There are precedents. Ray Wilkins signed for QPR when he was 33. Shaun Derry was 32. They were both seen as past-it at the time, but both proved pivotal. However, both were playing every week before they signed. Colback has barely played over the last year. Hopefully, he's fit.
Jack Colback! on 12:31 - Jul 31 with 7014 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I'd be pretty thrilled with this if it happens.

I think he's the type of midfielder we need - busy and irritating. He's play 408 league games in England, never below the Championship. We talk about Field and Dunne being our leaders... Field has played about 140, Dunne about 80.

On a one year deal, a scrappy player in a season where we'll absolutely have to scrap, with all that experience. Sign me up.

Given we can't afford a Wycombe CB Who's only been a pro for a year and a bit... Within those limitations, this is surely the best we could hope for?

I actually think we've missed players like this at this stage of their careers for the last 3/4 years. He'll certainly improve the mental fragility. He's also a better player on the ball than he gets credit for.

I wouldn't mind another 2 or 3 of this type at all.
Jack Colback! on 12:33 - Jul 31 with 6983 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Jack Colback! on 12:30 - Jul 31 by TK1

He's nearly two years older than Stefan Jonasen is NOW. SJ is 32. Colback is 34 in October. SJ signed for us the month of his 30th birthday.

It could be fine. There are precedents. Ray Wilkins signed for QPR when he was 33. Shaun Derry was 32. They were both seen as past-it at the time, but both proved pivotal. However, both were playing every week before they signed. Colback has barely played over the last year. Hopefully, he's fit.

What's the point is comparing Colback's age to SJ's? Totally different players, totally different body types, totally different careers. Some players can play 700 games plus in their careers. Other peoples' bodies break down after 150.
Jack Colback! on 12:40 - Jul 31 with 6889 viewsRangersw12

Jack Colback! on 12:20 - Jul 31 by paulparker

The same LF who signed Dozzell for nearly a million

He was a DOF not a head scout
Jack Colback! on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 6823 viewspaulparker

Jack Colback! on 12:40 - Jul 31 by Rangersw12

He was a DOF not a head scout

What’s that got to do with it ? the amount he wasted on managers and players the last thing he should be doing is laughing at us signing colback on a free because he made a pigs ear of the last 8 years
For what’s it’s worth it’s a decent signing because we have no money and we need a horrible little fcuker who is going to kick people and get in the refs ear

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jack Colback! on 12:53 - Jul 31 with 6707 viewsQPRConor2000

I would take him without doubt.

Experienced, and would take the pressure off Sam Field in that mdifield area.

Hopefully another defender ideally a RB/CB and a striker and we should be sorted out.

I suspect there will be some loans out to reduce the squad numbers.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 13:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024