Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in style? 09:54 - Aug 10 with 17704 viewssparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-ready-to-change-style-as-part-of-q

If this is the case, firstly good. Secondly, why have we wasted all of pre-season working on tactics which doesn't work to our players strengths. Brain dead stuff.
Change in style? on 11:39 - Aug 10 with 2847 viewsNortholt_Rs

Change in style? on 10:43 - Aug 10 by TheChef

So Illy and Willy have had a word have they?

We will now beat Cardiff 4-0!

Thanks for the tip. I’ll lump on!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Change in style? on 11:56 - Aug 10 with 2741 viewsBklynRanger

Don't think I'm against this because it could be based on a combination of things.

Maybe we're not getting in the players GA thought we might to play the "possession can do one" system?

Maybe he's at a bit of a loss about what to do and is allowing Dobson more say?

That also assumes Dobson prefers more of a passing game, but I thought from the interview last season that was the case, with the emphasis being on 'in the right areas'

Maybe there's been an impassioned blow out after Saturday, and Chair has complained about the tactics, with Willock nodding and waving his King James in the background? If that's the case then let's see what happens. Wake up Chris, you're on.

I don't know -on balance I'd rather have him and Dobo try to change the style than buy 6 players for a new system (that won't work anyway in this day and age)
Change in style? on 12:00 - Aug 10 with 2705 viewsQPRConor2000

Change in style? on 11:56 - Aug 10 by BklynRanger

Don't think I'm against this because it could be based on a combination of things.

Maybe we're not getting in the players GA thought we might to play the "possession can do one" system?

That also assumes Dobson prefers more of a passing game, but I thought from the interview last season that was the case, with the emphasis being on 'in the right areas'

Maybe there's been an impassioned blow out after Saturday, and Chair has complained about the tactics, with Willock nodding and waving his King James in the background? If that's the case then let's see what happens. Wake up Chris, you're on.

I don't know -on balance I'd rather have him and Dobo try to change the style than buy 6 players for a new system (that won't work anyway in this day and age)

Thats what I think as well.
Change in style? on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 2663 viewsjohnhoop

Change in style? on 11:22 - Aug 10 by ngbqpr

'appy memories of 'arry binning 352 after 2 or 3 games....

And leaving us without a right-back as he’d flogged Danny Simpson to Leicester as surplus to requirements in his 352.
Change in style? on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 2637 viewsE15Hoop

Change in style? on 09:57 - Aug 10 by Northernr

I wonder whether it might be worth letting Dobbo do the press next week

Or switching the roles around completely -have the calm, considered, sensible one running the ship and detail the spontaneous make it up on the hoof one to do the training under his direction, seeing as Wycombe offered Dobbo the managerial role once they knew GA was likely coming to LR.
You would like to think this idea of having a 6-man inner leadership group will eventually mean that the wheels to this machine start getting some WD-40 under them, assuming, of course, that the 6 men actually all agree on a unified course of action.
Change in style? on 12:30 - Aug 10 with 2566 viewsDorse

Change in style? on 11:56 - Aug 10 by BklynRanger

I think he's just re-watched Saturday's game and thought 'fcuk that for a game of soldiers. Let's play football instead'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Change in style? on 12:41 - Aug 10 with 2508 viewsDavieQPR

The only change of tactics I think Ainsworth is capable of teaching is from Longball to Very Longball. Interesting to see if Cook has an input in training. He has a UEFA Grade A licence.
Change in style? on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 2466 viewsbaz_qpr

Damascan conversion unlikely so either

a) Player mutiny with the senior players (pillars) going to speak to the manager
b) Board have made it clear style and results unacceptable and its devaluing the assets
c) Dykes is injured / being sold
d) Players refusing to sign due to style
Login to get fewer ads

Change in style? on 12:55 - Aug 10 with 2433 viewsHarbour

I will believe it when I see it…clueless…
Change in style? on 13:01 - Aug 10 with 2406 viewsRangersw12

Does hint at a change of style
Change in style? on 13:03 - Aug 10 with 2398 viewsngbqpr

Change in style? on 12:48 - Aug 10 by baz_qpr

Damascan conversion unlikely so either

a) Player mutiny with the senior players (pillars) going to speak to the manager
b) Board have made it clear style and results unacceptable and its devaluing the assets
c) Dykes is injured / being sold
d) Players refusing to sign due to style

Could so easily be all of the above.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Change in style? on 13:04 - Aug 10 with 2389 viewsBklynRanger

On the pre-match - an exciting 'surprise' happening apparently (6:30).

Jude up front in full costume. Got to be.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 13:04]
Change in style? on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 2374 viewsted_hendrix

Feel free to kill me but I just can't listen to or watch him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Change in style? on 13:07 - Aug 10 with 2361 viewsBklynRanger

Change in style? on 13:06 - Aug 10 by ted_hendrix

Feel free to kill me but I just can't listen to or watch him.

But what about the exciting surprise?
Change in style? on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 2298 viewsQPRConor2000

It just comes across as very desperate to me.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 13:18]
Change in style? on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 2296 viewsLoftgirl

Change in style? on 13:01 - Aug 10 by Rangersw12

Does hint at a change of style

Why do we have to keep seeing the interviewer's right ear?
Change in style? on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 2185 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Change in style? on 11:39 - Aug 10 by Northolt_Rs

Thanks for the tip. I’ll lump on!

You could do a lot worse then pre-invest some of your winnings on us being promoted. Got very favourable odds at 15:00.36 last Saturday.

Price already dropping following Cook's signing, and now the reported Eze money, as well as Gaz announcing we're going all Harlem Globetrotters on the rest of the league.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Change in style? on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 2054 viewsTHEBUSH

Change in style? on 09:57 - Aug 10 by Northernr

I wonder whether it might be worth letting Dobbo do the press next week

Whether your joking or not, let anyone do the press, but not Ainsworth, hes terrible at it
Change in style? on 14:59 - Aug 10 with 2018 viewsR_from_afar

Change in style? on 11:08 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

No quotes, which is interesting.

Indeed, I noticed that too.

Pelters for not changing his style, pelters for (allegedly) changing it. I don't envy him one bit.

He and his coaching team need to make us more solid defensively as a matter of the utmost urgency, though. The tactics board suggests he'll do that by playing four
goalkeepers

Needs must, I suppose...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Change in style? on 15:06 - Aug 10 with 1991 viewsslmrstid

I'm not sure I've ever known this messageboard to be as miserable as it is at the minute. I know we've been crap and losing for 2 years at the minute but as soon as anyone breathes it feels like its met with a new chunk of threads howling at how terrible everything is.

Its nice today, lets go outside and breathe.

God, we need a run of positive results, badly!
Change in style? on 15:27 - Aug 10 with 1933 viewsBklynRanger

Also:

Change in style? on 15:43 - Aug 10 with 1861 viewsdaveB

Change in style? on 13:07 - Aug 10 by BklynRanger

But what about the exciting surprise?

free copies of his album for anyone mad enough to travel
Change in style? on 15:50 - Aug 10 with 1815 viewsRangersw12

Change in style? on 11:08 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

No quotes, which is interesting.

This is the reason
Change in style? on 15:55 - Aug 10 with 1783 viewskensalriser

At this point I think all of us, possibly excepting those with cognitive issues and macular degeneration, would accept that the vast majority of our best play and results for the last couple of years have emanated from the play between Chair and Willock. Getting these two clicking together again is Ainsworth's best and perhaps only chance of getting anything out of this season. Even if Willock gets back in the team, performs well and leaves in Jan we'll still be better off.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Change in style? on 15:57 - Aug 10 with 1772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Change in style? on 15:50 - Aug 10 by Rangersw12

This is the reason

Thanks for that W12.

I find that unusual. IIRC there were no quotes in his article about Warburton falling out with the bosses as well? As long as I've been around, articles with quotes have been viewed as being more trustworthy than those without - name your sources - and I would expect a trusted and decent journo like McIntyre to think the same.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024