Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dykes 10:58 - Aug 17 with 6371 viewswombat

accoring to WLS hes put for sat but hopefully the injury isnt as bad as first thought , obv it will be as we cant have nice things can we .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

dykes on 11:08 - Aug 17 with 5406 viewsRs_Holy

I see Chris Martin is still a free agent ... just saying
dykes on 11:09 - Aug 17 with 5389 viewssparkey

dykes on 11:08 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

If our play style this season is to be like it was at Cardiff (and I hope it is), the Martin is simply not the answer.
dykes on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 5344 viewsaston_hoop

Play Armstrong and Smyth up top and cause chaos I suppose? Can add SDM to the midfield and try to hassle Ipswich as best we can.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

dykes on 11:12 - Aug 17 with 5331 viewsdaveB

Armstrong up front with Chair and Willock behind him, if Willock not around play Colback in a 3 man midfield

Young kolli to come on the last half an hour
dykes on 11:13 - Aug 17 with 5309 viewsRs_Holy

dykes on 11:09 - Aug 17 by sparkey

If our play style this season is to be like it was at Cardiff (and I hope it is), the Martin is simply not the answer.

We need to do something and quickly! ... If Kelman has gone to Orient it leaves us with Armstrong and Smyth as our fit strikers.
BTW - the Ipswich game is 52 hours away.
dykes on 11:15 - Aug 17 with 5283 viewsRs_Holy

dykes on 11:12 - Aug 17 by daveB

Armstrong up front with Chair and Willock behind him, if Willock not around play Colback in a 3 man midfield

Young kolli to come on the last half an hour

is Colback or Willock fit?
dykes on 11:18 - Aug 17 with 5248 viewsactonman

Somewhere in the world there is a qpr fan living in a flat under a ladder factory with a tendency to break mirrors and has p!ssed off a gypsy at some point
dykes on 11:22 - Aug 17 with 5216 viewswombat

dykes on 11:15 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

id imagine with transfer window clsoing soon willock will remain unavable due a small knock in training

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

dykes on 11:26 - Aug 17 with 5192 viewsdaveB

dykes on 11:15 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

No idea, you'd hope Colback is by now.
No idea if Willock is injured, being sold, sulking, not in favour or something else
dykes on 11:29 - Aug 17 with 5152 viewsBurnleyhoop

dykes on 11:26 - Aug 17 by daveB

No idea, you'd hope Colback is by now.
No idea if Willock is injured, being sold, sulking, not in favour or something else

One thing I do know....he is our best player, although that carries no weight apparently.
dykes on 11:46 - Aug 17 with 5023 viewsstevec

dykes on 11:18 - Aug 17 by actonman

Somewhere in the world there is a qpr fan living in a flat under a ladder factory with a tendency to break mirrors and has p!ssed off a gypsy at some point

Or, someone up there is a QPR supporter and saying ‘im throwing you another injury in a critical position whilst the transfer window is still open, for crying out loud, do something about it whilst you still can’
dykes on 14:00 - Aug 17 with 4532 viewsR_from_afar

dykes on 11:08 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

Another striker who is also a free agent, and who has strong connections with Ainsworth, is Uche Ikpeazu. Warnock signed him when he was Boro manager but Wilder didn't rate him when he came in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Ikpeazu

I am not recommending we sign him, by the way, I am just throwing some info I stumbled across into the mix.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

dykes on 14:53 - Aug 17 with 4328 viewsstowmarketrange

dykes on 14:00 - Aug 17 by R_from_afar

Another striker who is also a free agent, and who has strong connections with Ainsworth, is Uche Ikpeazu. Warnock signed him when he was Boro manager but Wilder didn't rate him when he came in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uche_Ikpeazu

I am not recommending we sign him, by the way, I am just throwing some info I stumbled across into the mix.

His career stats aren’t that great though.Played 262 and only scored 47 goals at a rate of 1 goal every 5 1/2 games.How does that compare with the best on earth?
dykes on 15:59 - Aug 17 with 4049 viewsSilverfoxqpr

dykes on 11:29 - Aug 17 by Burnleyhoop

One thing I do know....he is our best player, although that carries no weight apparently.

Taylor Richards is carrying the weight for him apparently.
dykes on 16:14 - Aug 17 with 3954 viewsLanhoop

dykes on 11:29 - Aug 17 by Burnleyhoop

It only carries any weight if a) he's playing and b) he's performing somewhere near his capabilities. Sadly, he's doing neither at the moment and hasn't been for some time so he's not the best player, he's a passenger.

If there's anyway he can change that for Saturday, that would be great.
dykes on 16:32 - Aug 17 with 3832 viewsYorkshirehoop

Just our fuc in luck that we lose Dykes 3 games in.
Like Flavio Briatore said "we have a disease", he ain't wrong.
On the plus side I always said once Sinclair Armstrong got his first goal the gloves would be off.
He will be bouncing about like trigger off Winnie the poo now and really think he will cause some damage.
As for strikers I reckon we need 2 not one.
Getting the right ones in on loan will be difficult but we live in hope.
As for the bookies odds of 13/5 about a QPR win is too big for me and I will be having a punt at them odds for us to get the win.
Just a gut feeling we will turn up Saturday and put it on them.
Ipswich will fill the whole away end no doubt so should be a great atmosphere !
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 16:34]
dykes on 16:44 - Aug 17 with 3748 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth said last night that Willock is back in training today so a possibility for Saturday
dykes on 16:48 - Aug 17 with 3703 viewsNorthernr

Really looking forward to being in the doom loop of not being told what's wrong or how long he's going to be out for with another first teamer.
dykes on 16:51 - Aug 17 with 3672 viewsdmm

dykes on 16:44 - Aug 17 by daveB

Ainsworth said last night that Willock is back in training today so a possibility for Saturday

I'd like to see the Illy and Willy duo playing behind Armstrong on Saturday. If rumours about Chair to Leicester are true, there won't be many more opportunities for them to do their street footie stuff together.
dykes on 16:52 - Aug 17 with 3672 viewsCateLeBonR

dykes on 16:48 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Really looking forward to being in the doom loop of not being told what's wrong or how long he's going to be out for with another first teamer.

dykes on 18:23 - Aug 17 with 3304 viewsstowmarketrange

dykes on 16:44 - Aug 17 by daveB

Didn’t he get injured while training?Just let him sit in a chair watching the others train.
dykes on 18:48 - Aug 17 with 3133 viewsHunterhoop

dykes on 16:48 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Tbf, in this instance mate, this is the right call. You don’t want very club knowing he’s out for months and we’re in desperate need of a forward at this point in the window. Downplay it, keep quiet and get the signings done (loan or perm if Chair goes). If he tells everyone we currently have 1 career goal Armstrong and debutant Kolli as our strike force options we’ll pay hugely over the odds to get anyone.
dykes on 18:54 - Aug 17 with 3091 viewsPunteR

dykes on 16:32 - Aug 17 by Yorkshirehoop

Just our fuc in luck that we lose Dykes 3 games in.
Like Flavio Briatore said "we have a disease", he ain't wrong.
On the plus side I always said once Sinclair Armstrong got his first goal the gloves would be off.
He will be bouncing about like trigger off Winnie the poo now and really think he will cause some damage.
As for strikers I reckon we need 2 not one.
Getting the right ones in on loan will be difficult but we live in hope.
As for the bookies odds of 13/5 about a QPR win is too big for me and I will be having a punt at them odds for us to get the win.
Just a gut feeling we will turn up Saturday and put it on them.
Ipswich will fill the whole away end no doubt so should be a great atmosphere !
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 16:34]

Nothing to do with luck . Just really poor recruitment over the last few years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

dykes on 18:58 - Aug 17 with 3078 viewsAntti_Heinola

dykes on 18:48 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Tbf, in this instance mate, this is the right call. You don’t want very club knowing he’s out for months and we’re in desperate need of a forward at this point in the window. Downplay it, keep quiet and get the signings done (loan or perm if Chair goes). If he tells everyone we currently have 1 career goal Armstrong and debutant Kolli as our strike force options we’ll pay hugely over the odds to get anyone.

Does football subterfuge really reach these kind of levels?
Not hard for any club to find out the truth to an injury, surely.

Bare bones.

dykes on 20:58 - Aug 17 with 2887 viewsHunterhoop

dykes on 18:58 - Aug 17 by Antti_Heinola

Does football subterfuge really reach these kind of levels?
Not hard for any club to find out the truth to an injury, surely.

If you don’t tell anyone Antti, I’m not sure how they find out. The agent and player will be under confidentiality agreements as part of his contract of employment, to which the agent, as an affiliate, will likely be bound. And agents don’t tend to want to go telling anyone their player is knackered.

Besides if we offer for someone now, are that club really going to make an effort to understand the injury diagnosis of one of our players which isn’t public? It’s a lot of effort to go to, especially in the busy day to day towards the end of the window during the season.

If we publicise it, it’s no effort at all.

Common sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024