Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor-Richards? 07:52 - Aug 17 with 9459 viewsHammersmithR

Watched him closely last night. You can see why managers haven’t fancied him. At fault for the goal but constantly dispossessed. Slow in tracking back. Doesn’t work hard enough. How on earth is he on a 3 year contract plus we must have paid something like 400k for him. Very disappointed because if Chair or any of the attacking players leave he will have to step up.
Taylor-Richards? on 07:56 - Aug 17 with 5329 viewsdaveB

I'd like to see a bit more of him but he has tons to improve on

thought he was decent on the ball just doesn't look like he has a sprint in him, very one paced which won't help him and looked knackered in the last 15 minutes hence the mistake for the goal although I thought failure to stop the cross and not sure if it was Field or Gubbins being easily beaten for the header was a bigger problem.
Taylor-Richards? on 08:02 - Aug 17 with 5291 viewsenfieldargh

Perfect appraisal hopefully this will bring some sort of sembelance to his workrate and application.

He's got a certain amount of skill but too easily disposesed cant see any value in the 400k we are supposed to have paid for him.

Doubt it though, think hes possibly not the right sort. Prove me wrong TR

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Taylor-Richards? on 08:06 - Aug 17 with 5252 viewsLblock

This geezer will be one of SnakeBeale’s biggest legacies.

Too many people have made excuses for him.
Boo bloody hoo

He’s a chickenheart at worst and simply cannot be bothered at best.

Awful player - those with ability but no application annoy me the most
He could prove me wrong but I’d be amazed

Christ the money we’ve wasted over the last 12 years on transfers and wages for various useless people could build a decent small hospital let a proper football club

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Taylor-Richards? on 08:11 - Aug 17 with 5203 viewseastside_r

Taylor-Richards? on 07:56 - Aug 17 by daveB

thought he was decent on the ball just doesn't look like he has a sprint in him, very one paced which won't help him and looked knackered in the last 15 minutes hence the mistake for the goal although I thought failure to stop the cross and not sure if it was Field or Gubbins being easily beaten for the header was a bigger problem.

Agree and think for a professional athlete he could do with shedding a few kilos.

New fitness and conditioning guy needs to get on this but ultimately it’s down to the player himself.
Taylor-Richards? on 08:12 - Aug 17 with 5194 viewsstevec

Taylor-Richards? on 08:06 - Aug 17 by Lblock

Boo bloody hoo

Christ the money we’ve wasted over the last 12 years on transfers and wages for various useless people could build a decent small hospital let a proper football club

Totally agree but on Les’s watch.

Who in their right mind sanctioned a deal like the Tyler fella, it’s insane.
Taylor-Richards? on 08:15 - Aug 17 with 5162 viewsBlue_Castello

Taylor-Richards? on 08:12 - Aug 17 by stevec

Totally agree but on Les’s watch.

Who in their right mind sanctioned a deal like the Tyler fella, it’s insane.

The same guy "probably" who sanctioned the 4 year deal for Travelman......

When we sign players at a young age they need to be better than players in our Academy and that is very debatable, the lad needs to be given a chance to develop and improve but we've got those in our own Academy.

Interesting that Brighton who are very good judges of players were keen to offload, as I said the lad needs to be given a chance before people start piling in on him BUT in our situation we don't have the time or the budget to take gambles and as Lblock said it's definitely part of the Pot Bellied Inheritance.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 8:23]
Taylor-Richards? on 08:23 - Aug 17 with 5088 viewsHunterhoop

Taylor-Richards? on 07:56 - Aug 17 by daveB

Yeah, to me he looked heavy, and that made him one paced.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near his fighting weight and match fit. If he was I think he’d be significantly better as he’d quicken up over those first 5 yards. His control was pretty good and he was comfortable on the ball, but he was blowing out of his arse after 70 mins. Tbf, he didn’t down tools or anything, which was positive. But yeah, he’s carrying too much weight.

On the flip side Duke McKenna is electric over those first few yards. Gets his boot in so often because he’s so quick to react.
Taylor-Richards? on 08:23 - Aug 17 with 5074 viewsdmm

He's certainly not an Ainsworth type of player, is he? If he could be bothered he could be quite good but you get the feeling he just isn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor-Richards? on 08:26 - Aug 17 with 5030 viewsdaveB

Taylor-Richards? on 08:23 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, to me he looked heavy, and that made him one paced.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near his fighting weight and match fit. If he was I think he’d be significantly better as he’d quicken up over those first 5 yards. His control was pretty good and he was comfortable on the ball, but he was blowing out of his arse after 70 mins. Tbf, he didn’t down tools or anything, which was positive. But yeah, he’s carrying too much weight.

On the flip side Duke McKenna is electric over those first few yards. Gets his boot in so often because he’s so quick to react.

I hope he gets given a chance, fanbase seem to want to write him off judging by some of the stuff i've read about him but there is something there to work with

Agree on Duke-Mckenna, has looked good every time I've seen him, would prefer him to Dozzell in midfield on Saturday
Taylor-Richards? on 08:27 - Aug 17 with 5005 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well this is all unhappy reading. Again!

It must be hoped in the new post-Les world, that whomever is handed the authority to say yay or nay, they have a more rigorous vetting procedure, and a better eye for it.

Too often over the last eight to 12 years, our recruitment policies have come up way short or, people have hidden behind excuses of its difficult and we'd researched him, only to fail to realise that those overseeing and/or their analytics were crap.

There was a funny Aussue film called 'The Club' from the 80s, about an Aussie Rules team who gambled on a prodigious talent, only to find he was a pot head. Anyway, it turned out good in the end, sooooooo maybe. But it will only happen if TR makes it happen.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Taylor-Richards? on 08:29 - Aug 17 with 4980 viewstraininvain

Taylor-Richards? on 08:23 - Aug 17 by dmm

He's certainly not an Ainsworth type of player, is he? If he could be bothered he could be quite good but you get the feeling he just isn't.

There was a short spell in the second half where it looked like he was trying to get going but overall looked off the pace. He needs to get in shape first and foremost but it also feels like there’s a spark missing and maybe that’s more mind than body.

Hopefully the club are working on his fitness and mindset. His touch is good and he’s clearly a decent player but a lot of work to do.
Taylor-Richards? on 08:34 - Aug 17 with 4933 viewstoboboly

Taylor-Richards? on 08:26 - Aug 17 by daveB

I hope he gets given a chance, fanbase seem to want to write him off judging by some of the stuff i've read about him but there is something there to work with

Agree on Duke-Mckenna, has looked good every time I've seen him, would prefer him to Dozzell in midfield on Saturday

Can't blame anyone writing him off considering he has been around a year and done fck all

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Taylor-Richards? on 08:41 - Aug 17 with 4849 viewsNorthantsHoop

Afraid another one of these Premier duds that we continue to sign with the hope they come good. Remember Sean Goss from Man Utd similar never established himself. With all the massive business that Brighton have done in last couple of years they obviously didn't rate Richards letting him go so cheaply, therefore looks like another dud signing that Ainsworth is lumbered with, trying to get a tune out of him and a footballer who probably thinks he is better than he actually is.
Taylor-Richards? on 08:42 - Aug 17 with 4835 viewsactonman

Seen very little of him (as we all ) but everything said confirms my first thoughts that he’s got the gear but no idea ! No self motivation and just a glorified park player who lets everyone else do all the hard work while he wants the glory
We simply and literally can’t afford to carry guys like this , Brighton clocked this and duly got rid
Taylor-Richards? on 08:52 - Aug 17 with 4706 viewspaulparker

Taylor-Richards? on 08:06 - Aug 17 by Lblock

Boo bloody hoo

A truly awful signing , who ever sanctioned it needs flogging outside the stadium did no one do any due diligence on this bloke ? ( what a stupid question)
A player in the Danny Rose mould who likes the trappings of being a footballer but has no heart , fight or desire to do anything
Another one I can see where we are paying up his contract at the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Taylor-Richards? on 08:55 - Aug 17 with 4676 viewsdaveB

Taylor-Richards? on 08:34 - Aug 17 by toboboly

Can't blame anyone writing him off considering he has been around a year and done fck all

not blaming anyone, just think we need to see a bit more of him before deciding either way. There is something to work with, certainly has lots of skills and eye for a pass, this isn't a situation where the kid just doesn't have anything and is a lost cause
Taylor-Richards? on 09:00 - Aug 17 with 4644 viewsNorthantsHoop

Taylor-Richards? on 08:52 - Aug 17 by paulparker

A truly awful signing , who ever sanctioned it needs flogging outside the stadium did no one do any due diligence on this bloke ? ( what a stupid question)
A player in the Danny Rose mould who likes the trappings of being a footballer but has no heart , fight or desire to do anything
Another one I can see where we are paying up his contract at the end of the season

Agree and feel Ainsworth is of the opinion he can't trust him but as you say if nothing improves be ditched at the end of the season. The list of duds we have signed in the hope they make money gets longer and longer and Richards no doubt will be among them pretty soon.
Taylor-Richards? on 09:00 - Aug 17 with 4634 viewstoboboly

Taylor-Richards? on 08:55 - Aug 17 by daveB

not blaming anyone, just think we need to see a bit more of him before deciding either way. There is something to work with, certainly has lots of skills and eye for a pass, this isn't a situation where the kid just doesn't have anything and is a lost cause

We'll have to agree to disagree, can't keep himself in shape and doesn't fight/try when on the pitch. For someone who proclaimed to be a QPR fan he is doing a remarkable impression of someone who couldn't care less.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Taylor-Richards? on 09:09 - Aug 17 with 4525 viewstonyQPR

All the above was probably directed at ebere eze at all his previous clubs. Coming to rangers was really his light bulb/last chance saloon moment after being virtually kicked out everywhere he’d been previously. Let’s give this kid a break before we smash him to pieces eh.
Taylor-Richards? on 09:11 - Aug 17 with 4492 viewsted_hendrix

You'll all be writing the same thing In 12 Months time--24 Months time.

The bloke Is no good to us or anyone else for that matter.

WTF and why as a so called professional footballer Is he turning up for work over weight?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Taylor-Richards? on 09:16 - Aug 17 with 4440 viewsnumptydumpty

Taylor-Richards? on 08:29 - Aug 17 by traininvain

There was a short spell in the second half where it looked like he was trying to get going but overall looked off the pace. He needs to get in shape first and foremost but it also feels like there’s a spark missing and maybe that’s more mind than body.

Hopefully the club are working on his fitness and mindset. His touch is good and he’s clearly a decent player but a lot of work to do.

Yes agree it's a mindset problem and in todays more enlightened world, psychologists and counsellors are available in many work environments nowadays.

He is a young lad and his best mate died in dodgy circumstances last year.

He does have talent but clearly his head not right at moment.

He had a twenty minute spell where he was decent in the second half.

Appreciate lot of posters on here, just view players as players and what they do on the pitch.

But they do have their own personal lives which we not privy to and just saying but all of us can relate to bad times when we have not being able motivate ourselves due to stuff going on for us personally.

I am unsure he will be able to sort himself out as football gives no time for that still, but I hope so.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Taylor-Richards? on 09:16 - Aug 17 with 4434 viewscolinallcars

I think it's indicative of modern football that we have these discussions over various players that may be OK if they'd put in an effort/lost weight/stayed fit etc.
I know we old timers prattle on about it, but it really never used to be like this.
Taylor-Richards? on 09:18 - Aug 17 with 4397 viewsngbqpr

I'd venture to suggest this is still an issue - try putting yourself in his shoes just for a moment:

"Richards also spoke of the tragic recent loss of a best friend and how he wants to do all he can in his memory.

"It was difficult," he added.

"My best friend was always really on me to be the best version of myself. It was difficult coming to training and dealing with his loss.

“I still think about him every single day. I haven’t experienced losing someone close to me before.

“He never had the privileges that I have but he was always on at me. He used to drop me to the matches, he would take me to training sometimes and I just hope he is ok, wherever he is.

“It doesn’t get any easier but I am so determined to do well for him. I want to give it everything I have got because time doesn’t wait for anyone.”

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Taylor-Richards? on 09:18 - Aug 17 with 4396 viewsdaveB

Taylor-Richards? on 09:00 - Aug 17 by toboboly

We'll have to agree to disagree, can't keep himself in shape and doesn't fight/try when on the pitch. For someone who proclaimed to be a QPR fan he is doing a remarkable impression of someone who couldn't care less.

didn't think his effort was a problem last night, for me he was an ok 5 or 6 out of 10 last night. Not enough to warrant a regular start but not terrible either
Taylor-Richards? on 09:26 - Aug 17 with 4287 viewsRs_Holy

Taylor-Richards? on 09:18 - Aug 17 by daveB

didn't think his effort was a problem last night, for me he was an ok 5 or 6 out of 10 last night. Not enough to warrant a regular start but not terrible either

I'd imagine the effort will increase dramatically when he is in the last year of his contract?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024